Vector Art

Nice image, redjade, with interesting symbolism.

My take on it is:

Sunset = ending.
Concentric circles radiating from the sun; layers of self discovery? Peeling away the layers of the psychological ‘onion’?
Tree = her inner life; many bare branches and not many leaves; have the other leaves fallen or is this a new spring? The colours and tone suggest autumn, another symbol of ending.
Rocks, grass, tree, water, land – all symbols of instinctual nature, no higher life forms such as birds or animals.
Calm water; the calm after the storm? It’s an evening calm, as often happens as the sun sets.

She seems thoughtful, is she reflecting on what she is leaving behind, or on what is to come? Something has happened in her life. She is at a moment of leavetaking preceding a new beginning. She’s moving left out of the frame, but looking back and looking within to listen to her instinct, perhaps wistfully as it served her well in what has gone before, but she must now act more rationally than instinctually. She seems at peace; the storm has passed and she is about to move on.

Is it autobiographical?

Personally, I would prefer it without the words. You don’t need to tell the viewer what to think imho.
The sharp shadow line down the face tends to flatten the image, especially the forehead.

All in all, nice work.

A tiny off topic comment:
Miss Isness said:
for portraits - Modigliani.
Modigliani's portrait's were of my favorite. The long neck (Modigliani's "trademark") to me signified gracefulness reminding of swans. Later i learned that it is a visual evidence of the artists' own "gap" between his/her intellectual and emotional centers, a dissociation from feelings. The creative work of an individual speaks of it's creator more truthfully than the creator him/herself does.

Red Jade, your work is inspiring! :) Thanks for sharing.

mada85 said:
Nice image, redjade, with interesting symbolism.

My take on it is:

Sunset = ending.
Concentric circles radiating from the sun; layers of self discovery? Peeling away the layers of the psychological ‘onion’?
Tree = her inner life; many bare branches and not many leaves; have the other leaves fallen or is this a new spring? The colours and tone suggest autumn, another symbol of ending.
Rocks, grass, tree, water, land – all symbols of instinctual nature, no higher life forms such as birds or animals.
Calm water; the calm after the storm? It’s an evening calm, as often happens as the sun sets.

She seems thoughtful, is she reflecting on what she is leaving behind, or on what is to come? Something has happened in her life. She is at a moment of leavetaking preceding a new beginning. She’s moving left out of the frame, but looking back and looking within to listen to her instinct, perhaps wistfully as it served her well in what has gone before, but she must now act more rationally than instinctually. She seems at peace; the storm has passed and she is about to move on.

Is it autobiographical?

Personally, I would prefer it without the words. You don’t need to tell the viewer what to think imho.
The sharp shadow line down the face tends to flatten the image, especially the forehead.

All in all, nice work.
It is a possibly that i was trying to say something to myself through my art.

Another art piece:

Forgotten Promise

Has anyone ever have a moment when you can see on a blank
piece of paper what image your going to draw?

redjade said:
You mean visualizing what you'll draw before you draw it? Isn't that what you'd usually do or do you mean something different?

I think what Red Jade means (and correct me if I am wrong RJ) is, do you ever look at a blank piece of paper without thinking or visualizing anything and up pops an image, almost from the subconscious. I hope this is what you meant :cool:

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
redjade said:
You mean visualizing what you'll draw before you draw it? Isn't that what you'd usually do or do you mean something different?
beau said:
I think what Red Jade means (and correct me if I am wrong RJ) is, do you ever look at a blank piece of paper without thinking or visualizing anything and up pops an image, almost from the subconscious. I hope this is what you meant :cool:
You hit the nail right on the head beau. Thats what i meant. :)

Back
Top Bottom