Viktor Schauberger- Living Energies and Water

voyageur said:
Nima said:
Well it might be a good time to pick up some pottery classes and make our own versions!

I actually looked into building a pottery wheel for myself.

___http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-a-50-Pottery-Wheel/
___http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Pottery-Wheel-Using-Treadmill-motor/

Making pottery seems fun and could come in handy in the not so distant future. ;)

It is great fun, took classes as a kid in school (all schools should have pottery wheels), and the glazes and firing are really interesting when the results are produced.

Yeah, I took a ceramics class in college and loved it. The biggest thing I guess would be access to a kiln to fire it.

For those considering storing water, or drinking from, glazed pottery, please be aware that certain glazes contain toxic materials, such as arsenates, and it behooves you to do some research on them before allowing the toxins to leach into your water supplies. Some countries aren't too particular about their products.

MusicMan said:
For those considering storing water, or drinking from, glazed pottery, please be aware that certain glazes contain toxic materials, such as arsenates, and it behooves you to do some research on them before allowing the toxins to leach into your water supplies. Some countries aren't too particular about their products.

I'll double check this, but I don't think the water dispenser I was looking at is glazed on the inside, for that reason. With Southern Cross ceramics, I think the painting and glazing is just on the outside.

voyageur said:
Nima said:
Well it might be a good time to pick up some pottery classes and make our own versions!

I actually looked into building a pottery wheel for myself.

___http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-a-50-Pottery-Wheel/
___http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Pottery-Wheel-Using-Treadmill-motor/

Making pottery seems fun and could come in handy in the not so distant future. ;)

It is great fun, took classes as a kid in school (all schools should have pottery wheels), and the glazes and firing are really interesting when the results are produced.

Yeah me too. It was the great fun, but one would need to fire the pots/urns in a kiln.

On a separate note, I looked up some sacred geometry websites to see if I could find a golden ratio as it were, for the classical egg shape. I think it would be great to replicate Nature's dimensions as well as Its designs :)

MusicMan said:

Indeed, that is very good point. There was some awareness years ago concerning lead in ceramics, too. I had a look and here is a link for those who use different ceramics and earthenware. http://www.lakesidepottery.com/HTML%20Text/Tips/About-lead-in-pottery-or-ceramic.htm

Lead glazes used in ceramic ware can be a health hazard, affecting the intellectual development of young children. Poisoning can occur if the lead leaches into your food or drink.

Use of lead glazes

Lead glazes are most commonly used on earthenware, and on older bone china and porcelain. They are reliable, easy to control, durable for most purposes and they produce attractive glazes.

When the glazes are properly formulated and fired at a high temperature, the lead is sealed. However, if they are not properly prepared and fired, lead may leach (i.e. move from the glaze) into food stored in or on the ceramic ware.

The degree of lead leaching from tableware can vary. It depends on how often the tableware is warmed and used, and the amount of contact it has with food and drink. Cups and bowls are of greater concern than dishes. Acidic foods will accelerate any leaching.

This continues, yet best absolutely avoid despite what it says about sealing lead in.

regarding amphorae: what makes them so well suited for storing liquids is that the surface is permeable - a certain tiny amount of water evaporates, thus cooling the contents. and the temperature difference makes the water swirl slowly in the container thus preventing stagnation.

i doubt you get the full benefits with a hermetically sealed container of the same shape (plastic, glazed pottery...)

schauberger has changed my thinking about nature irreversibly ever since i first came in contact with his material. a true genius observer.

"Die Natur kapieren und kopieren!"
(Understand and copy nature!)

I started reading and watching videos Viktor Schauberger after the Oroville Dam Crisis began. Furthermore, I have recently been involved to a small degree in hydroelectric power at work. I have ordered Living Energies and hope to glean a general understanding of his theories pertaining to the natural world.

I don't understand

I am a newbie, but very interested in learning more about Schauberger's studies.
I apologize upfront if my questions seems to be very stupid! :scared:

so here we go, let's give it a try:

1) you pour water into a funnel, and you create the spiral/vortex

a) What can you do with it?
b) For what is it good for?
c) Is it a better drinking water?

2) Repolsine
I saw pictures from the so called repulsine. Two discs (copper) are put together.

a) How do you kick start their spinning?
b) Do you need a motor for it?
c) How do they continue to rotate?
d) And what is it good for and usable?

Thank you very much for every little help,
appreciate it!

Hi remoz,

Since this is your first post on the forum, while you are waiting for members to respond to your questions, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc. You can review introductory posts in that section to get an idea.

Welcome :)

Re: I don't understand

remoz said:
Thank you very much for every little help,
appreciate it!

Maybe you find some answers here:

The Theory of Primary Water

You also can use the search function of the forum to find more info.

From Schauberger I get the impression that the nature of his work was experimental. But there is much disinformation in the internet about him, claiming that he built UFOs and other such nonsense. So you probably need to stay vigilant while researching this topic, otherwise you could be led down a useless path.

remoz said:
I am a newbie, but very interested in learning more about Schauberger's studies.

Sorry, I don't have answers to your questions but I find it interesting that I just started reading the book this morning.

bm said:
remoz said:

Sorry, I don't have answers to your questions but I find it interesting that I just started reading the book this morning.
Another interesting point is that your post is dated on Viktor Schauberger's birthday! :halo:

Back
Top Bottom