Watch the skies and land and oceans

HUGE wildfire at the Patras-Athens National Highway in Greece​

Extreme rainfall in Rustaq of Al Batinah Region, Oman​

Typhoon Julian unleashes heavy rain and strong winds in Uyugan, Batanes, Philippines​

1727727308340.png

Massive flooding due to heavy rains in Asheville of North Carolina, US (27.09.2024)​

At least 64 dead and millions without power after Helene’s deadly march across the Southeast​

Helene is the eighth Category 4 or 5 Atlantic hurricane to make landfall in the US in the last eight years. That’s as many of these intense hurricanes as hit the US in the prior 57 years.​

US Southeast Struggles to Recover in Hurricane Helene's Aftermath​

Massive rains brought by Hurricane Helene have left many people stranded or homeless as the cleanup begins from the monster tempest that killed at least 84 people.
Helene has caused billions of dollars in destruction across a wide swath of the U.S. Southeast. Several million customers were without power Sunday. Some face a continued threat of floods.

Helene left at least 119 people dead and communities ‘wiped off the map.’ Now, survivors are struggling to get food and water​

1727729269132.png
The magnitude of devastation wrought by Helene intensifies by the hour as search crews discover more bodies and floodwaters slowly recede, revealing more neighborhoods obliterated by the storm.

Last edited:
There's still a lot of people stranded and needing rescue along the NC mountains. I feel pretty lucky here in Winston-Salem to only have suffered a few downed limbs compared to the catastrophic destruction I am seeing in and around Asheville. Some of the smaller mountain communities may never recover. I kind of wish I had proceeded with a SAR certification so I could assist but I couldn't even get over Black Mountain (Interstate 40 East of Asheville) due to the landslides if I tried. I've already had to postpone my beach trip this year due to the tropical cyclone that swamped the coast. NC has taken a beating in the last 30 days and has made me want to reevaluate my preps. Communications like ham or 2-way radio, water, and power backups seems to be of utmost importance when the tech infrastructure fails.
Amen. A supply of food too, canned or whatever you need. And maybe a Starlink kit? Apparently it's around $100 for one.

AP reports the death toll from Helene has shot up to 121, and that another 600 people are "missing."

Youtubers who live in and around Asheville say the city is destroyed, and that nothing even remotely like it has ever happened there before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom