What are you listening to?

Amanar - Alghafiat (i.e. Tuareg rock! :thup:)

http://www.myspace.com/labelreaktion/music/songs/amanar-alghafiat-76590841

Translation (from their website):

Peace

I thought we shared the same vision
But now I'm not sure anymore
I had a bad day full of surprises
At each glance, I can see my brothers,
My people, leaving their town, their country, Kidal
My brother, be careful, because one morning we could find
ourselves locked in a pen, with racist threats and fingers pointing
The world nowadays is so tiring, with wars all the time,
nowhere to hide and no escape possible to protect the elderly
and the children, who only need our help
A lot of tales can be told and others can't
A lot of Tamacheq proverbs tell the truth
What does not exist cannot be created
And cannot be found through envy or wishes.
Other than the Tamacheq from the desert,
Who are the roots of our race,
How many Tuareg are there today?
Some of them left and never came back
Others are dead and don't exist anymore
The remaining ones can be classified as five types:
The first ones are the rebels
The second ones, the poets
The third ones are discouraged of the Tuareg cause
The fourth ones just cling to life
The last ones are the bearers of lies
And worshipers of the word “project”
Dear brothers in blood,
What is this lack of communication for the common cause?

In my Pocket

You gimme gimme gimme love and i dropped it
You gimme gimme gimme love and i lost it

Left right left retrace my steps
I swear i had it right here
And these things just don't disappear
Back and forth i break a sweat
Promise i guard it with my life
So much for do or die

Everything that means nothing to me i got for keeps
Saying i can't live without, somehow i break into pieces
Somehow i never learn my lesson and you you're no exception

I think i got a hole in my pocket

High and low i'm searching i look for
The faces that i know maybe they'll take me to you
Run in place so i'm going nowhere
I end up where i start right back at your broken heart

Everything that means nothing to me i got for keeps
Saying i can't live without, somehow i break into pieces
Somehow i never learn my lesson and you you're no exception

Slippin' right down my fingers
Oh i can't believe it it's all just happening so fast
So answer me this what if i could fix it would you give me another chance
Can i have a little love

Je ne sais pas:

The Joyce Jonathan take:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsJWSDe44Uk&ob=av2e

and the 'original' - Jacques Brel (preferred):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF49_nTar4k&ob=av2n

And with english subtitles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ouHzZ06Zk

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38fy4_jacques-brel-je-ne-sais-pas-1960-en_news

I Dare U
Jeffree Star

My childhood was so fun, being ignored
So many scars, i look like a cutting board

My dad looks like kurt cobain
Mom's an alcoholic
You gotta love it
The apple never falls too far
Yeah i'm a f****g star
I rise about it

Strap in & enjoy the ride…
It's more fun if risk your life

So i dare you to love me
You'll n-n-never survive
Still i dare you to love me
Hope you make it out alive
Go in over your head
Six feet down, oh yeah
So i dare you to love me
Love me i dare you…

I never met jack daniel's but i love taking pills
Grandma left me razor blades… to kill myself in her will

My dad looks like kurt cobain
Mom's an alcoholic
You gotta love it
The apple never falls too far
Yeah i'm a f****g star
I rise about it

parallel said:
why post that lurid lyric Starmie, is this a cloaked distress call?

No, it's exhibiting some human realities. Sometimes people don't know what to do and they turn to negative ways. But comming out with gloria out of those situations and being able make them into something with an X value, makes this lyric worth posting. IMOHO

starmie said:
parallel said:

No, it's exhibiting some human realities. Sometimes people don't know what to do and they turn to negative ways. But comming out with gloria out of those situations and being able make them into something with an X value, makes this lyric worth posting. IMOHO

starmie, I don't see anything at all positive in those lyrics. If this is the type of music you regularly listen to, it's really negative programming.

anart said:
starmie said:
parallel said:

starmie, I don't see anything at all positive in those lyrics. If this is the type of music you regularly listen to, it's really negative programming.

Yes I do.

starmie said:
Yes I do.

Seems like we had this conversation about the music you listen to and how it affects you over a year ago. Do you really love your suffering so much that you seek it out in music as well? Geeze, starmie - there is a whole other life out there if you would just stop hurting yourself any way you can find to do it.

anart said:
starmie said:
Yes I do.

Seems like we had this conversation about the music you listen to and how it affects you over a year ago. Do you really love your suffering so much that you seek it out in music as well? Geeze, starmie - there is a whole other life out there if you would just stop hurting yourself any way you can find to do it.

I can't actually process the though of moving pass this now. :( I think I can deal with this kind of stuff until I'm ready to overcome it, is not that I'm waiting for a shock. I'm not mature enough to cope with the life style my knowloge tells me I should have. And I feel this lyrics represent the place I'm currently in.

starmie said:
anart said:
starmie said:
Yes I do.

I can't actually process the though of moving pass this now. :( I think I can deal with this kind of stuff until I'm ready to overcome it, is not that I'm waiting for a shock. I'm not mature enough to cope with the life style my knowloge tells me I should have. And I feel this lyrics represent the place I'm currently in.

You love your suffering. Enjoy it.

I would appreciate it if you not post lyrics like that here again, this is not the place for such blatant entropy.

anart said:
starmie said:
anart said:
starmie said:
Yes I do.

You love your suffering. Enjoy it.

Yes, is messed up. But we all know there's a lesson in store for everyone. I know mine will be painful. That is just what I can give to my life right now. It's really unnerving, luckily I'm aware of my position and I work on it. I apologize for it causing a responce from you and I sure don't want to steal anyones energy to the moon.(It just happens for the nature of reality) I know you care, so that is why I'm trying to explain myself right now.

starmie said:
Yes, is messed up. But we all know there's a lesson in store for everyone. I know mine will be painful.

What a load of horse hockey!!!!!

You are CHOOSING to be this poor pitiful, messed up, in pain ever-suffering person. Period.

s said:
That is just what I can give to my life right now. It's really unnerving, luckily I'm aware of my position and I work on it.

No you don't, you wallow in it. You love it.

s said:
I apologize for it causing a responce from you and I sure don't want to steal anyones energy to the moon.(It just happens for the nature of reality) I know you care, so that is why I'm trying to explain myself right now.

Quite frankly, I'm wondering why you continue to come to this forum. We have tried, over and over again, to help you, to support you, to guide you and to let you vent when you need to and you won't lift even the smallest finger to pull yourself up out of your own self-inflicted misery. It's hurtful, quite frankly, because you aren't just hurting yourself, you're hurting those of us who care as well. All you seem to really care about is you - you, your pain, your suffering that defines you - you're in love with it - because it's EASIER than actually caring enough about yourself to change.

That's all I'm saying about this - after all the time and energy this forum has spent trying to help you, and it hasn't made even one speck of difference, it's obvious what you truly value.

anart said:
Quite frankly, I'm wondering why you continue to come to this forum. We have tried, over and over again, to help you, to support you, to guide you and to let you vent when you need to and you won't lift even the smallest finger to pull yourself up out of your own self-inflicted misery. It's hurtful, quite frankly, because you aren't just hurting yourself, you're hurting those of us who care as well. All you seem to really care about is you - you, your pain, your suffering that defines you - you're in love with it - because it's EASIER than actually caring enough about yourself to change.

That's all I'm saying about this - after all the time and energy this forum has spent trying to help you, and it hasn't made even one speck of difference, it's obvious what you truly value.
I have to agree. Time and time again, we've tried to be supportive but you give into "it". If you ever expect to move past this, you need to be willing to help yourself. Why is it that you seem to hold such contempt towards yourself? What gave you the idea that you aren't worthy of love? Really looking at those questions is one place to start if you choose, but if you aren't willing to fight for yourself, how can you expect others to?

Back
Top Bottom