What are you listening to?

Despite his commanding stage presence, he comes across as very humble, soft spoken, and thoughtful. I'm a fan!

Your introduction to him as made me a fan as well. I have spent some time yesterday and today checking out his channel and listening to his songs, and while doing so I just came across these covers of Dimash by Rimar, like about 40 minutes ago. I enjoyed her cover versions as well. I think she has a beautiful voice: (note English subtitles can be turned on for the two non-English covers below:

Your Love - Dimash Kudaibergen (Rimar's Cover)

Love is Like a Dream - Dimash Kudaibergen (Rimar's Cover)

Love of Tired Swans - Dimash Kudaibergen (Rimar's Cover)

(note: these two below don't' have the English subtitle options to turn on):

Dimash Kudaibergen - Know/Знай, Rimar's duet cover w/ Lara Fabian's Video ~Vocalise/Ascolta la Voce~

(note: there is cute scene of Dimash holding her hand on stage near the end of video below starting at 3:16) 🥰
Dimash Kudaibergen - Unforgettable Day/ұмытылмас күн [Kazakh+Indonesian] Rimar's Cover

Lastly, since this post is already a bit too long, the original Unforgettable by Dimash. BTW, to top it off, Dimash can sing in 12 different languages as well, just for now...

He speaks Kazakh and Russian, and is studying English and Mandarin. He has performed songs in 12 different languages, Kazakh, Russian, English, Mandarin, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Serbian, Turkish, Ukrainian and Kyrgyz.

{note: English subs can be turned on for video in link below)

【Subs】Dimash Kudaibergenov - Unforgettable Day (French/English/Spanish/Japanese)

These last few days I have been listening to probably the best singer alive at the moment: Dimash Kudaibergen, from Kazakhstan. He crosses genres, but might be best categorized as "popera", because of his pop sensibilities mixed with classical operatic style and techniques. He's got an extraordinary vocal range and can sing in practically every register. But he's not just technically perfect - he conveys all the emotions. He's popular in Kazakhstan (of course), Russia, China, and more so nowadays in Western countries.

Here are a few highlights:

"The Charismatic Voice" channel on YouTube has a whole playlist of reaction/analyses of his performances by an opera singer/voice coach. Highly recommended if you want to understand all the things he does with his voice. Plus, her reactions are pretty adorable. Here's her video on the first song above, SOS:

And if you like him and want to see him when he's not in performance mode, here's an interview he did recently on Kazakh TV:

Despite his commanding stage presence, he comes across as very humble, soft spoken, and thoughtful. I'm a fan!

Oh, and here he is performing the Fifth Element Diva Dance song:

He might be a good singer, but unfortunately every single one of those videos were sound engineered.

Every one.

If by engineered you mean a sound engineer was involved, then sure. There's usually a delay effect on his vocals. But if you're implying there is auto-tuning, there isn't.

No. What I mean is we haven't actually heard his voice WITHOUT it being "engineered". Or processed.

I have an acquaintance that does sound engineering for big acts in Vegas, he posts (via private channels) what comes in and what goes "out".

You can tell the difference, once exposed.

For instance: this is kinda bad:

I'd really like to hear this guy clearly.

Back
Top Bottom