Causing congestion and filling the queues
Fighting for freedom the truth and the word
Fighting the war for the end of the world

Ain't no use in preachers preaching
When they don't know what they're teaching
Weakest man be strong as samson
When you're being held to ransom

From Wikipedia:

Procol Harum are a British rock band, formed in 1967, who contributed to the development of progressive rock, and by extension, symphonic rock. Their best-known recording is their 1967 single "A Whiter Shade of Pale". Although noted for its baroque and classical influence, Procol Harum's music also embraces the blues, R&B and soul.

Had quite a scary experience the other day - related to music.

I was driving along in the car and was in a good mood. It was early morning and halfway to work I switched on the radio. There was a piece of music playing that I didn't know, but kind of heavy rhythms, driving basses ... difficult to describe.
I was almost immediately experiencing absolutely unmotivated violent ideas or fantasies against anyone that just happened to be around. I was totally shocked, as it came out of the blue, nothing had happened to provoke that.
Kind of reflexively I switched the radio off and these feelings slowly started to fade away, but it seemed to me, that they took quite a long time to totally disappear and left some marks on me, that I felt all day.

Has anyone experienced something like that? What struck me is, that this particular piece of music was not heavy metal death trash type of stuff, but a fairly mainstream "alternative" type of music. And I am absolutely sure that this reaction was connected to this particular song, which I haven't heard before (consciously) and which I probably would be hard pressed to recognize again. It seems to me as if there was a hidden, subsurface layer that carried some message or manipulating essence.

Any idea?

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Nicklebleu

If I ever turn on the radio I am aware to being attempted programmed on many layers, so I seldom put it on. I have had certain reactions to music especiallyr radio stuff, nothing quite like yours mostly disasociative mood swinging to the tunes projected atmosphere, which isn't quite what you are talking about. Though I remember one clip posted in this thread; a song by Hatebreed which had me pumping with anger, but I was able to observe it and channel it as good as I could at the time, but certainly a deeper trigger in there. When you describe the driving bass I think of this kid; notice his body when the bass comes on, his mind is dazing untill it hits him like a force out of nowhere. Your mention of a manipulated subsurface layer reminded me of Vitvitskaias music story in 'Meetings with remarkable men':

On this journey through the centre of Turkestan, thanks to special introductions, we stayed for three days in a certain monastery not accessible to everyone. The morning we left this monastery, Vitvitskaia was as pale as death, and her arm, for some reason or other, was in a sling. F or a long time she could not mount her horse by herself, and another comrade and I had to help her.
When the whole caravan was under way, I rode beside Vitvitskai'a, a little behind all the others. I very much wanted to know what had happened to her and questioned her insistently. I thought that perhaps one of our comrades had acted the brute and had dared in some way to insult her—a woman who had become sacred for us all—and I wished to find out who the scoundrel was, in order, without dismounting and without words, to shoot him down like a partridge.
To my questions Vitvitskaia finally replied that the cause of her state was, as she expressed it, that 'damned music', and she asked me if I remembered the music of the night before last.
I did indeed remember how all of us, sitting in some corner of the monastery, had almost sobbed, listening to the monotonous music performed by the brethren during one of their ceremonies. And although we had talked about it afterwards for a long time, none of us could explain the reason for it.
After a little pause Vitvitskaia began to talk other own accord, and what she said about the cause of her strange state took the form of a long story. I do not know whether it was because the scenery through which we were riding that morning was indescribably glorious or whether there was some other reason, but •what she then told me with such sincerity, I still remember almost
word for word even after all these years. Each other words was so strongly
imprinted on my brain that it seems to me I hear her at this moment.
She began as follows:
'I do not remember whether there was anything in music that touched me inwardly when I was still quite young, but I do remember very well how I thought about it. Like everybody else I did not wish to appear ignorant and, in praising or criticizing a piece of music, I judged it only with my mind. Even when I was quite indifferent to the music I heard, if my opinion was asked about it, I expressed a view, for or against, according to the circumstances.
'Sometimes when everyone praised it I spoke against it, using all the technical words I knew, so that people should think I was not just anyone, but an educated person who could discriminate in everything. And sometimes I condemned it in unison with others, because I thought that, if they criticized it, there was doubtless something in it which I did not know about, for which it should be criticized. But if I praised a piece of music, it was because I assumed that the composer, whoever he might be, having been occupied with this matter all his life, would not let any composition see the light if it did not deserve it. In short, in either praising or blaming, I was always insincere with myself and with others, and for this I felt no remorse of conscience.
'Later, when that good old lady, the sister of Prince Lubovedsky, took me under her wing, she persuaded me to learn to play the piano. "Every well- educated, intelligent woman," she said, "should know how to play this instrument." In order to please the dear old lady, I gave myself up wholly to learning to play the piano, and in six months I did indeed play so well that I was invited to take part in a charity concert. All our acquaintances present praised me to the skies and expressed astonishment at my talent.
'One day, after I had been playing, the prince's sister came over to me and very seriously and solemnly told me that, since God had given me such a talent, it would be a great sin to neglect it and not let it develop to the full. She added that, as I had begun to work on music, I should be really educated in this field, and not just play like any Mary Smith, and she therefore thought that I should first of all study the theory of music and, if necessary, even take an examination.

'From that day on she began sending for all kinds of books on music for me, and she even went to Moscow herself to buy them. Very soon the walls of my study were lined with enormous bookcases filled to overflowing with all kinds of musical publications.
(! devoted myself very zealously to studying the theory of music, not only

because I wished to please my benefactress but also because I myself had become greatly attracted to this work, and my interest in the laws of music was increasing from day to day. My books, however, were of no help to me, for nothing whatsoever was said in them either about what music is, or on what its laws are based. They merely repeated in different ways information about the history of music, such as: that our octave has seven notes, but the ancient Chinese octave had only five;

that the harp of the ancient Egyptians was calledt e b u n i and the flutem e m ; that the melodies of the ancient Greeks were constructed on the basis of different modes such as the Ionian, the Phrygian, the Dorian and various others; that in the ninth century polyphony appeared in music, having at first so cacophonic an effect that there was even a case of premature delivery of a pregnant woman, who suddenly heard in church the roar of the organ playing this music; that in the eleventh century a certain monk, Guido d'Arezzo, invented solfege, and so on and so forth. Above all, these books gave details about famous musicians, and how they had become famous; they even recorded what kind of neckties and spectacles were worn by such and such composers. But as to what music is, and what effect it has on the psyche of people, nothing was said anywhere.

'I spent a whole year studying this so-called theory of music. I read almost all my books and finally became definitely convinced that this literature would give me nothing; but my interest in music continued to increase. I therefore gave up all my reading and buried myself in my own thoughts.
'One day, out of boredom, I happened to take from the prince's library a book entitled The World of Vibrations, which gave my thoughts about music a definite direction. The author of this book was not a musician at all, and from the contents it was obvious that he was not even interested in music. He was an engineer and mathematician. In one place in his book he mentioned music merely as an example for his explanation of vibrations. He wrote that the sounds of music are made up of certain vibrations which doubtless act upon the vibrations which are also in a man, and this is why a man likes or dislikes this or that music. I at once understood this, and I fully agreed with the engineer's hypotheses.

'All my thoughts at that time were absorbed by these interests and, when I talked with the prince's sister, I always tried to turn the conversation to the subject of music and its real significance. As a result she herself became interested in this question, and we pondered over it together and also began to make experiments.

'The prince's sister even bought several cats and dogs and other animals specially for this purpose. We also began inviting some of our servants, served them tea and for hours on end played the piano for them. At first our experiments produced no result;

but once, when we had as guests five of our servants and ten peasants from the village formerly owned by the prince, half of them fell asleep while I was playing a waltz of my own composition.

'We repeated this experiment several times, and each time the number of those who fell asleep increased. And although the old lady and I, making use of all kinds of principles, composed other music intended to have different effects on people, nevertheless the only result we attained was to put our guests to sleep. Finally, from constantly working on music and thinking about it, I grew so tired and thin that one day, when the old lady looked at me attentively, she became alarmed and, on the suggestion of an acquaintance, hastened to take me abroad.

'We went to Italy and there, distracted by other impressions, I gradually began to recover. It was only after five years had passed, when we went on our Pamir-Afghanistan expedition and witnessed the experiments of the Monopsyche Brotherhood, that I again began to think about the effect of music, but not with the same enthusiasm as at first.
'In later years, whenever I remembered my first experiments with music, I could not help laughing at our naivete in giving such significance to the guests' falling asleep from our music. It never entered our heads that these people fell asleep from pleasure, simply because they had gradually come to feel at home with us, and because it was very agreeable after a long day's work to eat a good supper, drink the glass of vodka offered them by the kind old lady, and sit in soft armchairs.
'After witnessing the experiments and hearing the explanations of the Monopsyche brethren, I later, on my return to Russia, resumed my experiments on people. I found, as the brothers had advised, the absolute "la" according to the atmospheric pressure of the place where the experiment was to be carried out, and tuned the piano correspondingly, taking into consideration also the dimensions of the room. Besides this, I chose for the experiments people who already had in themselves the repeated impressions of certain chords; and I also took into consideration the character of the place and the race of each one present. Yet I could not obtain identical results, that is to say, I was not able by one and the same melody to evoke identical experiences in everyone.
'It cannot be denied that when the people present corresponded absolutely to the mentioned conditions, I could call forth at will in all of them laughter, tears, malice, kindness and so on. But when they were of mixed race, or if the psyche of one of them differed just a little from the ordinary, the results varied and, try as I might, I could not succeed in evoking with one and the same music the mood I desired in all the people without exception. Therefore I gave up my experiments once more, and as it were considered myself satisfied with the results obtained.
'But here, the day before yesterday, this music almost without melody evoked the same state in all of us—people not only of different race and nationality, but even quite unlike in character, type, habits and temperament. To explain this by the feeling of human "herdness" was out of the question, as we have recently experimentally proved that in all our comrades, thanks to corresponding work on themselves, this feeling is totally absent. In a word, there was nothing the day before yesterday that could have produced this phenomenon and by which it could somehow or other be explained. And after listening to this music, when I returned to my room, there again arose in me the intense desire to know the real cause of this phenomenon, over which I had racked my brains for so many years.
'All night long I could not sleep, but only thought what could be the real meaning of it all. And the whole day yesterday I continued to think, and even lost my appetite. I neither ate nor drank anything, and last night I grew so desperate that either from rage or exhaustion or for some other reason, I almost without knowing it bit my finger, and so hard that I nearly severed it from my hand. That is why my arm is now in a sling. It hurts so much that I can hardly sit on my horse.'
Her story touched me deeply, and with all my heart I wanted to help her in some way. In my turn I told her how a year earlier I had happened to come across a phenomenon, also connected with music, which had greatly astonished me.
I told her how thanks to a letter of introduction from a certain great man. Father Evlissi, who had been my teacher in childhood, I had been among the Essenes, most of whom are Jews, and that by means of very ancient Hebraic music and songs they had made plants grow in half an hour, and I described in detail how they had done this. She became so fascinated by my story that her cheeks even burned. The result of our conversation was that we agreed that as soon as we returned to Russia we would settle down in some town where, without being disturbed by anyone, we could really seriously carry out experiments with music.

Edit: some obviousness and was in a hurry and missed two pages in the quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvC_NFa1keM

The Levellers -Maid of the River

She's the maid of the river
So beautifully plain
As fresh as the country
That gave her her name
As crisp as the snow
And as swift as the rain
She shone like the sun
Before all of our games
She shone like a jewel
But her price was not gold
She cried more than most
When her story was told
But her people were evil
Left her baron and cold
And her heart went to market
Where her body was sold
Chorus
I said hey hey won't you take me away
Because I can't see the point
In the dawn of the day
When so many killers gonna take you away
And leave little left except hatred
She's the goddess of love
The goddess in green
The goddess of all
That I've ever seen
Goddess of hope
The goddess in brown
The goddess of all
That you've burned to the ground
Chorus
There's all kind of hatred
Flows out of man's hands
There's the hatred that strangles
The throat of a man
But the worst of all hatred
Is that which is planned
Against what we have
In this goddess of land
Chorus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEYz_FXLGSM

The Levellers - Is this art?

They took me to the battlefield
Saw the mushroom clouds
Said, "I Can see the colours
Even when my head is bowed."
They showed me the destruction
The slaughter a la carte
Isn't nature wonderful
But is this art?

They took me to the hospital
And pulled aside the sheet
Said, "look at that pulsating
Just listen to the beat."
Showed me the incision
Then took away my heart
Isn't nature wonderful, but is this art?

They took me to the scientist
Opened up a phial
Said, "This is only chickenpox
And rhino bile."
Showed me what it did to mice
And this is just the start
Isn't nature wonderful
But is this art?

Took me to the tenemenet
Kicked down the door
Said "Have you seen the copulation
Practiced by the poor?"
We select the ones to breed
Then we reject the part
Isn't nature wonderful
But is this art?

I love this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOt88zY3FJM

Seven little sisters - Where the wind blows

nicklebleu said:

I was driving along in the car and was in a good mood. It was early morning and halfway to work I switched on the radio. There was a piece of music playing that I didn't know, but kind of heavy rhythms, driving basses ... difficult to describe.
I was almost immediately experiencing absolutely unmotivated violent ideas or fantasies against anyone that just happened to be around. I was totally shocked, as it came out of the blue, nothing had happened to provoke that.
Kind of reflexively I switched the radio off and these feelings slowly started to fade away, but it seemed to me, that they took quite a long time to totally disappear and left some marks on me, that I felt all day.

Has anyone experienced something like that? What struck me is, that this particular piece of music was not heavy metal death trash type of stuff, but a fairly mainstream "alternative" type of music. And I am absolutely sure that this reaction was connected to this particular song, which I haven't heard before (consciously) and which I probably would be hard pressed to recognize again. It seems to me as if there was a hidden, subsurface layer that carried some message or manipulating essence.

Any idea?

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there any way you can find the name of it that we could check out for ourselves? Or is it too hard to trace now?

Lissie - Needle Starts To Fall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAtZtXg5hCU

Heimdallr said:
Lissie - Needle Starts To Fall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAtZtXg5hCU
I had not heard of this artist. So I now listened to just a couple of her songs, (e.g "In Sleep") and although she has a good voice, it seems she has a style of singing in which I cannot understand the lyrics very well, because some words are just not clear to me, even though I am English native speaker.

Bud said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E4-9yKTv_I

Katie Melua - The Flood

(Has Katie given up hope? Promoting hope? Is it just a song? Depends on perspective, I guess :))

Broken people get recycled
and I hope that I will.
Sometimes we're thrown off our pathways
What I thought was my way home
wasn't the place I...

No, I'm not afraid of changing.
I'm certain nothing's certain.
What we own becomes our prison;
My possessions will be gone
back to where they came from.

Blame?
No one is to blame.
As natural as the rain that falls, here comes the flood again.

See the rock that you hold onto?
Is it gonna save you when the Earth begins to crumble?
Why'd you feel you have to hold on?
Imagine if you let go!

Blame?
No one is to blame.

Tempo change:

Wash away the weight that pulls you down.
Ride the waves that free you from the doubts.

Don't trust your eyes,
it's easy to believe them.
Know in your heart that you can leave your prison.

Don't trust your mind.
It's not always listening.
Turn off the lies
and feel the ancient rhythm.

Double Stanza (previous verse/chorus combo)

Tempo returns:

Blame?
No one is to blame.

Well, I liked it.

This could be a song about the end of the world, that is, about the end of this cycle.
"...when the Earth begins to crumble?"

and since the flood may refer to the Flood of Noah, which is one of the cyclic cataclysmic earth changes:
"...here comes the flood again."

However, this all NATURAL:
"No one is to blame.
As natural as the rain that falls, here comes the flood again."

Yes that is very deep. Even STS is natural. Predators, are not even to blame for what they are.
They are all part of the wrathful names of God, I guess (I think it was from "Sufi path of Knowledge", by Chittick/Ibn al Arabi?)

"What we own becomes our prison;
My possessions will be gone
back to where they came from"

-- Yes, if we are stuck in 3D thinking, about power and possessions that belong to physical life and even worse adopt the religion of scientific materialism, we are in a prison.

"See the rock that you hold onto?
Is it gonna save you when the Earth begins to crumble?
Why'd you feel you have to hold on?
Imagine if you let go!"

-- Rock = preconceived notions, or sacred cows

"Know in your heart that you can leave your prison."
--- which is true, when you know the esoteric work, the prison of 3D can be left one day, with the right work and application of knowledge over multiple lifetimes. Or something like that.

"Don't trust your mind.
It's not always listening.
Turn off the lies
and feel the ancient rhythm."

-- Don't trust your ego, or your false personality, or your predator's mind. It lies to you, worse than the lies of this 3D world.
And "feel the ancient rhythm" - the esoteric knowledge is not totally lost, the ancients, the paleochristians, knew it. Perhaps.

Or maybe it is just a song.

:)

EDIT ADD LATER:

http://spicycauldron.com/2010/05/28/katie-melua-the-flood-danny-kirsch-remix/
So what’s the song about? The Flood has an apocalyptic theme that brings to mind for me another song that seems to be its close cousin, Praying for Time by George Michael. The Flood is about the end of our civilisation being imminent or possibly even the end of the world. It’s a message song, and there are a lot of messages: our possessions we prize so highly are transient things that turn to dust, our worries and fears are illusory, all that happens is meant to be, and “broken people get recycled”–which seems to be talking about reincarnation.

It’s all very Battlestar Galactica, by which I simply mean the revamped series of that show had a running theme also evidenced in this song–”all this has happened before and will happen again”–and, it seems to me, when watching the song’s video imagery, there’s a suggestion of the ancient Mayans who, of course, gifted us the (received by some, hotly debated by others) notion that something seismic will happen in 2012. Who knows? It’s just satisfying sometimes to get pop songs released that aren’t about wanting to sex you up, having a broken heart in need of healing, or being lonely for want of love.

The overall message of The Flood is a call to release our anxieties and recognise that the spiritual is what ultimately matters, not mundane physical reality; and, we have our place in the great scheme of things, however lost or hopeless we may at times believe ourselves to be. This is, in my view, the best single of the year so far and definitely the best-ever release by Katie Melua. The album is out now as well, and it’s called The House. Ignore reviews by cynical hacks.

A Beautiful Mind 05 Cracking the Russian Codes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA7jmD8zzPU&p=7681CB5702164C11&playnext=1&index=4

Bruce Springsteen - Human Touch

You and me we were the pretenders
We let it all slip away
In the end what you don't surrender
Well the world just strips away
Girl, aint no kindness in the face of strangers
Aint gonna find no miracles here
Well you can wait on your blesses my darling
I got a deal for you right here
I aint looking for praise or pity
I aint coming round searching for a crutch
I just want someone to talk to
And a little of that human touch
Just a little of that human touch

Aint no mercy on the streets of this town
Aint no bread from heavenly skies
Aint nobody drawing wine from this blood
Its just you and me tonight
Tell me, in a world without pity
Do you think what Im askins too much
I just want something to hold on to
Just a little of that human touch

Oh girl that feeling of safety that you prize
Well it comes at a hard hard price
You can't shut off the risk and the pain
Without losing the love that remains
Were all riders on this train

So youve been broken and youve been hurt
Show me somebody who aint
Yeah, I know I aint nobodys bargain
But, hell, a little touch up and a little paint...
You might need something to hold on to
When all the answers, they don't amount to much
Somebody that you could just to talk to
Baby, in a world without pity
Do you think what Im askins too much
I just want to feel you in my arms
Share a little of that human touch
Feel a little of that human touch
Give me a little of that human touch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiiGoHaA3CE&feature=related​

Janelle Monae - Locked Inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l8Q6NuZ59A

Breton said:
nicklebleu said:

Any idea?

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there any way you can find the name of it that we could check out for ourselves? Or is it too hard to trace now?

Breton,

I thought of this myself, but unfortunately it is too far away now - I don't remember the exact time, day or even the exact radio station.

And thanks, Manta, for your input - interesting quote from G.

Nick

"Shards in a Mirror" by Bleach, a rapper from Australia
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-tOxgH0tAo

I think this is supposed to be a rap about drugs, but I had a very different take on it:

He just stands there, staring at himself/
Scared of what he felt and the mirror barely helped/
His eyes wide, examining what he saw/
A person he barely knew with a body rotten raw/
His blood trickled, it didn’t drip and fall to the floor/
It hugged his body, above the pools that already had formed/
He stood in the white room, lonely, so the door was closed/
The bruises and light wounds on his core exposed/
He trembled lightly, with the rage and the cold/
And the light revealed every scar from today to the old/
So he hated himself and the way he was going with time/
So he lashed out with his fist at everything showing his mind/
And it shattered, for lack of a better phrase/
And showed him every angle from front to back with its rays/
And for the briefest moment in time, the mirror revealed/
Every single possibility the universe failed to yield/

X2
And it ain’t that easy when you look into time
And it ain’t that easy in the back of ya mind
It’s just a mirror, is what you say to yourself
It’s just a mirror, it didn’t make what you felt/

He was stronger, and wasn’t pushed the fuck around/
And he’d never felt the pain of his dreams crushed to the ground
He was smarter, and he knew when to run/
And he knew how to stop the problems before they’d begun/
And he had courage, and he’d stand up for others/
Brothers in arms, he’d pull you up out of the gutter/
He knew what to say, to every girl he’d ever met/
And he had the face and personality you’d never forget/
And he was broken, couldn’t stand up no more/
Felt the weight of himself and the world pushed to the floor/
And he knew struggle, and what it meant to settle and fail/
And he had never seen anything ever prevail/
And he still had hope, and was able to smile/
A life worthwhile, held his head up through all of life’s trials/
And he was gone from this world, bled into his death/
Yet he was someone else, that he’d never even met/

X2
And it ain’t that easy when you look into time
And it ain’t that easy in the back of ya mind
It’s just a mirror, is what you say to yourself
It’s just a mirror, it didn’t make what you felt/

But there was one piece he could observe and see/
But didn’t reveal anything, and fell for an eternity/
It didn’t show him possibilities, it opened solutions/
And seemed to ask a new question with every single revolution/
Why are you here? Whatever happened to you?/
What did you do, to those dreams you had and wanted to prove?/
And the mirror held him, he couldn’t break his gaze/
And forced him to realise that he hates this place/
Then it asked him, if he was willing to join it/
And he could have a life, enjoy it and pursue what he actually wanted/
And he knew the answer, before he heard the question/
And he felt a glow in his chest remove his scars in a simple blessing/
And the light grew, bright over all of his skin/
And no longer was he in the 4 walls he started within/
And it consumed him, took him to a new world with all of his awe/
And in an empty room somewhere 14 years of bad luck just fell to the floor/

Fall Of The Peacemakers

Molly Hatchet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqprkIfJgu4

A King without a sword

A land without a King

The truth without a voice

One song left to sing

One song to sing

A wise man told me there's something you should know

"The way you judge a man is you look into his soul

And you'll soon see everything".

A voice from the past cried "Give Peace A Chance"

He paid our price now he's free at last

And "Imagine" we called him a dreamer.

How many times must good men die?

How many tears will the children cry?

Till we suffer no more sadness

Stop the madness,

Oh stop the madness.

If ashes are ashes and dust is dust

And our journey's end and then we turn we must

To the sands of the shore

White doves then fly

Peace to all

Tell me why the peacemakers fall

Must we bury anymore

A hush in the crowd as the horse rode by

Black lace veil hid the tears from her eyes

And we all wept in silence

How many times must good men die?

How many times will the children cry?

Till we suffer no more sadness

Oh stop the madness

Oh stop all the madness.

Linkin Park's new song Catalyst. I saw this very powerful video and it resonated with me...thought I'd share.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftTUAIVMUQ

Back
Top Bottom