What are you listening to?

This catchy little piece of political satire is really very well done. It seemed to emerge just after Trump was, uh, invaded for allegedly mishandling classified documents. Or at least that's when I first saw it.

At the outset of the song, James Comey (then head of the FBI), goes through the motions of seeming to do his job by calling out Hilary Clinton, the then Secretary of State, for using an unclassified system (her personal email server) for sending classified information. As the very catchy tune progresses and Hilary goes from absolute denial to a "maybe it wasn't the best choice" sort of nothing mea culpa, Comey eventually makes the remarkable statement that no reasonable prosecutor would pursue such a case (against Clinton). Lastly (after she's done laughing), he joins her in "singing" the chorus: "What difference, at this point, does it make!"

So great that this is all their own verbal "performances" with seemingly some adjustment made to the speed of their lines, and maybe some reverb added to have it sound as if they were actually singing their "real" life political drama in time to the music.

What's that expression? Straight from the horse's mouth?

Muse, Liberation, posted this 26th August, lyrics speak by themselves, a bit of Bohemian Rhapsody

Lyrics :
"Liberation"

Silenced, you'll make us feel silenced
You stole the airwaves, but the air belongs to us
And, violence, you'll make us turn to violence
You've left us choice-less, our backs against the wall
No more
And

We have plans to take you down
We intend to erase your place in history
And soon (Soon) you'll be left with nothing
So I guess we should thank you (Thank you)
Thank you (Thank you)
Thank you (Thank you)
We've had enough

We thank you for playing your part in our liberation

And, losing, the world can see you're losing
You'll send the army to trample on our prayers
And, silenced, we'll be no longer silenced
You'll hear our voices, they'll rise even though we're under siege
And

We have plans to take you down
(Forced abdication)
We intend to erase your place in history
(Regime revocation)
And soon (Soon) you'll be left with nothing
So I guess we should thank you (Thank you)
Thank you (Thank you)
Thank you (Thank you)
We've had enough

Thank you for playing your part in our liberation

Liberation
Liberation
Liberation

Back
Top Bottom