What are you listening to?

I hear this composition quite often. Although I explore new sounds all the time, there is "something" that makes me come back to repeat them.

It's like having a mental library of all the music I love, and every now and then I need that tune for some special reason. Sometimes I access it through the memory register and "hear" the whole melody in my mind.

Apparently, our brain does not distinguish between real music and mental music. According to some studies, the same areas in the brain are activated. So... I go with my mental library everywhere!

Here is the link if anyone is interested:El cerebro no distingue entre la música real y la música mental -- Sott.net

What is your experience with music?

Got interested into Nordic culture when I watched Troll (movie's on netflix) last time. I checked some songs in the internet and hear this. I think it's powerful. I put this song on repeat since then. HAHA Any Norse music reco? :headbanger:

I also like nordic music: Some years ago I bought a CD named Hirundo Maris by Petter Udland Johansen and Arianna Savall. It contains a wonderful song "Trollmors Vuggesang" (Mother Trolls Lullabye) so I learned a little bit of that language, too. I could not find it on youtube, but thats the group

Also you know probably Edward Grieg? I like his music very much, one of my favorites I already posted is Wedding murch another one is this

For those who love vintage genre. But really, how strange are these people of the 60's. Maybe too much dope? ;-) Look and see.

Hi @loreta First off, I really enjoyed the previous video with the gypsy family...nice change of pace.

On the 1960s dance crazes, that was put together by choreographer, Toni Basil, who did much of her work in movies and for tv...these dances are exaggerated, where regular youth and bands' dances were more toned down. Like here; although there are a couple of shots from tv and a movie which will be obvious:

Toni Basil, last I saw is still dancing and quite old but in very good shape. She was the dark haired girl, of 2, in the movie, Easy Riders, that the main characters picked up. She also was the singer of the song, "Hey Mickey," here:

Going back to dance crazes, this one, although a modern spoof on 60s dance shows, is one I like because it is close to how my older brothers taught me to dance The Watusi. I really like these young people's rendition:

Hi @loreta First off, I really enjoyed the previous video with the gypsy family...nice change of pace.

On the 1960s dance crazes, that was put together by choreographer, Toni Basil, who did much of her work in movies and for tv...these dances are exaggerated, where regular youth and bands' dances were more toned down. Like here; although there are a couple of shots from tv and a movie which will be obvious:

Toni Basil, last I saw is still dancing and quite old but in very good shape. She was the dark haired girl, of 2, in the movie, Easy Riders, that the main characters picked up. She also was the singer of the song, "Hey Mickey," here:

Going back to dance crazes, this one, although a modern spoof on 60s dance shows, is one I like because it is close to how my older brothers taught me to dance The Watusi. I really like these young people's rendition:

Very interesting! When looking at them dancing I found they look like birds dancing, amazing the energy that should give to all the body, like a vitamin C of 6 thousand strength. I like those times. The men were cute, the fashion was joyful. I think in the video I put, we can see Steve McQueen dancing like a timid bird?

Very interesting! When looking at them dancing I found they look like birds dancing, amazing the energy that should give to all the body, like a vitamin C of 6 thousand strength. I like those times. The men were cute, the fashion was joyful. I think in the video I put, we can see Steve McQueen dancing like a timid bird?
Yes, that was Steve McQueen, I can't remember who the woman was that he danced with though. I'm a middle child, born in the 50s and my mum had 3 decades of children, so I remember easily what music was playing when. We always had a house full of teenagers and my parents where very tolerant of the music we played...and dancing in the living room! I miss how ppl dressed, fine quality clothes and we dressed up for everything! My parents used to have cocktail parties and the adults dressed to the T...they danced too and we kids would watch from the upstairs steps, between banister rails. Pity, humanity lost so much of gathering in music and dance. Our youth are poorer for this loss.

Back
Top Bottom