What are you listening to?

My 3rd grade music teacher sang this up to the rafters, and once we all got it going, it was beautiful, and everyone felt it.

That was 43 years ago.

Hello Long Cloud,
I always cry a little bit when I hear or sing along with this song. It has always resonated in a very special way for me. Thank you for sharing it. I listened to it and yes . . . I once again cried a little bit. They are always happy tears. :love:

Hello Long Cloud,
I always cry a little bit when I hear or sing along with this song. It has always resonated in a very special way for me. Thank you for sharing it. I listened to it and yes . . . I once again cried a little bit. They are always happy tears. :love:

Yes, me too, it kept coming to me lately, and yes, tears of joy.

It was a gift to me from way back.

Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter (Mat Zo Remix)

"I could never find the right way to tell you,
have you noticed I've been gone?

Because I left behind the home that you made me,
but I will carry it along.

Mm, it's a long way forward,
so trust in me.
I'll give them shelter like you've done for me,
and I know I'm not alone,
you'll be watching over us.
Until you're gone.

When I'm older I'll be silent beside you,
I know words won't be enough.
And they won't need to know our names or our faces,
but they will carry on for us.

Mm, it's a long way forward,
so trust in me.
I'll give them shelter like you've done for me,
and I know I'm not alone,
you'll be watching over us.
Until you're gone."

This is from an album I picked up recently, called Tone Float by Organisation. This was a German band who really remind me of late 60's psychedelia, amazingly though this band within a few years became electronic pioneers Kraftwerk. So that puts this record in the late 60's bracket, very progressive, with dank grooves and rhythms.

I've been listening to some of the post-Hendrix records by Miles Davis too. This is from a landmark album called Bitches Brew, and features some great bass clarinet. Nothing does paranoid better than a bass clarinet, it's the sound of almost every 70's thriller movie. I think this is one of the best selling Jazz albums of all time. Well worth a listen.

Back
Top Bottom