What are you listening to?

I heard this song on the radio driving a few weeks ago and repeated a line of the lyrics in my head so I could search it later. I knew it was a good song. I just had an inkling to listen to it again today. It's quite calming and motivating I think. But with some sort of nostalgia feeling, and overall that things will be ok. I also like the filter aesthetic and warm/cool colors of the video.

Courtney Barnett - Write A List Of Things To Look Forward To:

I picked up my guitar and practiced a bit of the song, which is here:

If anyone knows a similar not too fast not too slow, hopeful and uplifting song, I'm all ears.

Also current mood is Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue. The chorus makes me think of a better place, which I know exists:

And lastly, a little sadder but this came to mind. Mostly the guitar picking. Goo Goo Dolls - Name:

This is a song that I love and since I first listened it always felt good. I recently listened to it again and decided to search for the meaning and to my surprise it is a wonderful message! 🧡

Tatsuro Yamashita - Ride on Time

I’m running past the blue horizon now
Keenly feeling the flow of time on me
Ah, the world gets going towards something thrilling
The coming of a distant dream I’d forgotten all about

Ride On Time Take my wandering thoughts as they are
And wrap them gently around yourself, oh
Ride On Time Light my heart on fire
Flood me with joy, Ride On Time

C’mon, bright future of mine, start turning
All these hollow days melt away into love
Ah, what a morning! I’m gonna go deliver my fired up heart to you
Wherever you may be right now, with zero hesitation

Ride On Time Time, take off running!
Love, start shining! So bright you make me dizzy, oh
Ride On Time I’ll light my heart on fire
And send it to your soaring soul, Ride On Time

I’m gonna go deliver my fired up heart to you right now, oh

Ride On Time Time, take off running!
Love, start shining! So bright that it makes me dizzy, oh
Ride On Time I’ll light my heart on fire
And send it to your soaring soul, Ride On Time, oh

Ride On Time Take my wandering thoughts as they are
And wrap them gently around yourself, oh
Ride On Time Light my heart on fire

Flood me with joy, Ride On Time, oh

"Ah the world gets going towards something thrilling..." this phrase for some reason made me think of The Wave. Also the entire song says "ride" a lot :)

While looking for the 1000 hands band (Still looking) I found this. I have never seen or heard anything like this. It makes me think that as Putin says we need a "multi-polar" planet where we all contribute to the whole. At first I thought this was a Thailand dance group but it seems to be a CCTV (China Central Television) production which of course may have a cultural "gloss" but this was a production that just kind of blew me away. I still have a "wait and see" attitude for how this will all turn out. Just love the many different cultures that represent mankind/humanity. I kind of hope at least some of us survive to reach 4D.

I used to like playing it a lot.
I only wish I could play the piano. I am refinishing one and I love the instrument. Bravo to you for being able to play such a beautiful composition. Keep on playing and enjoying the piano. I play the guitar but the piano is a special instrument too. Classical music is really something special to me. I started on a classical guitar learning by reading music (played a trumpet before buying a guitar). I just love music. As the Cs said:

Session 16 October 1994
Q: Hello.

A: Hello. Music is Good.

And...

Session 22 October 2008
Q: (Chu) Does this music and singing thing apply to all of us?

A: Yes.

Q: (Anna) Uh-oh. (L) Just not to the same extent. (Anna) I have a whiskey voice, people! (L) I think singing helps you, but in A****'s case it was specific. (Scottie) So that would mean that playing an instrument would be good, yes?

A: Music is a good mode of expression for most people. But there are some who can change others lives with their heart and voice: A******.

I had a friend of mine who passed away today who was originally from Ireland but emigrated to Canada many years ago.
He was also a brilliant fiddle player of traditional Irish folk/celtic music. I hear this song and think of him.
R.I.P. Gerry
So sorry for the loss of your friend but you posted such a beautiful tribute to your friend and I pray your friend is "where the falcons fly".

This was the first piece of classical music I discovered myself as a teenager. I was always a rebel, never liked anything I was forced into, so I disliked all the classical pieces I learned about in school. Then I found Ravel. It changed my conception of classical music. It helped me get through those lonely teenage years. I still find it magical. Daphnis et Chloe. Pure bliss.

@Sybill ,

I think I feel somewhat the way you do about this composer. I was an art minor and I loved the impressionists in their expression of art. Perhaps that is why I enjoy Maurice Ravel and Claude Debussy.

Wikipedia: Maurice Ravel:
He is often associated with Impressionism along with his elder contemporary Claude Debussy, although both composers rejected the term. In the 1920s and 1930s Ravel was internationally regarded as France's greatest living composer.
I know this is a "listening" thread but just to blend music and art together a bit here is an impressionist some may recognize
Claude Monet.

CD.jpg

@Sybill ,

I think I feel somewhat the way you do about this composer. I was an art minor and I loved the impressionists in their expression of art. Perhaps that is why I enjoy Maurice Ravel and Claude Debussy.

Wikipedia: Maurice Ravel:

I know this is a "listening" thread but just to blend music and art together a bit here is an impressionist some may recognize
Claude Monet.

View attachment 53558
Yes. Art and music blend flawlessly. At least it should. :D
My piece of art for Ravel.
Bakst's stage design for Daphnis el Chloe. I'm not sure if he was an expressionist or not, but the time of the ballet's premiere (1912) matches with the age of expressionism.

1642070055532.jpeg

I love the shades of yellow.

Holy Man, by Deep Purple. This is from a good album called Stormbringer, featuring a different, more soul/groove sound than what Purple generally were before. Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore apparently didn't like this new sound, and quit following the record's release. Personally speaking, this period of Purple is my fave era, I like the use of twin vocalists Glenn Hughes and David Coverdale.

Back
Top Bottom