What's the weather where you are?

Seems like we've been getting a fresh dump of snow every two weeks like clockwork. It hasn't been sticking around since early February, but all the same it's quite unusual for where I live. :umm:

It was 26 C in Northern Central Spain today. Here is a pic and update from severe-weather.EU‏ @severeweatherEU on twitter:

"A ridge has established over Iberia, sunny, warm weather there. Cutoff low over E-CNTRL Med continues, unsettled conditions with storms."

cWQ4VtEprZdZg8zL.jpg

Gaby said:

After a few days of that, now we are back to lows of -1 and it is snowed outside in Northern Central Spain. With the hot weather, the landscape turned pink with almond trees. Now, let's see what happens.

Gaby said:
After a few days of that, now we are back to lows of -1 and it is snowed outside in Northern Central Spain. With the hot weather, the landscape turned pink with almond trees. Now, let's see what happens.

Witnessing the same extremes here as well. Only a few days ago the temp.'s climbed to a high of 22 C'. Then plummeting (since yesterday with a light rain), to a current low of 8.7C'.

Currently at the Border of France, and Spain at the Pyrenees mountain range.

Local's have voiced some concern's of the needed (increased mountain), snow pack levels for the upcoming spring planting season.

Finger's crossed, and pray they get there wish.

‎Thursday, ‎March ‎27, ‎2014, ‏‎4:56:58 PM
-http://icecream.me/uploads/e9b569cc9193ec3e19b4930c7e365625.png

This area above is green at this time.

Northeastern Pennsylvania - Up to this point, we have been experiencing a mild Winter. We did get some cold spells in between in the lower digits below 0 but it only lasted a few days. Last week, this time, I had two blankets and a comforter out on the outside line because it was in the low 50'sF and windy.

Weather forecasters have warned us of a Northeaster - coming our way - starting last night. It most certainly arrived - in full force! In less than 24 hrs. there's over a foot and a half of snow, where I live in an apartment complex. All of our cars are buried in mounds of snow and the wind has drifted. When I open my front door, snow is piled 3/4ths up the outside door. I can't even push it open - it's solid! Same with my back kitchen door. I live in a single unit, attached to three other units/apartments and there's no second floor, to be able to look out the windows. Due to the heavy wind and drifting, all my windows are snow covered. I feel like I'm living in an Igloo. But some promising news, next week - it will be in the 30'sF again.

Last week in northwest England, it rained / drizzled almost non-stop. This week however the sun has decided to be the sky's constant companion & shine it's days down to soak up all the rain. It could go either way as we approach the vernal equinox.

whitecoast said:
Seems like we've been getting a fresh dump of snow every two weeks like clockwork. It hasn't been sticking around since early February, but all the same it's quite unusual for where I live. :umm:

Where is that?

Sunny with some Boorah wind for a couple of weeks in Split, Dalmazzia - only few overcast&rainy days... I have a few opportunities to start bathing season but was in a kind of winter mode :-[ ....but no hurry - will be enough time for that - i guess....

Hear ya, hear ya :-[

Today i've opened a bathing season at Bache Beach in Split. Yeah officially it is still wintertime, but it was such a calm today around noon, no wind at all, some walking outside in just t-shirts. It was pretty worm, "quite above 20 degrees" feeling, so i've picked my swimmin' shorts and towel and took a dip in Adriatic - seawater temp was 12 or 13° C maybe, quite suitable for exercising cold protocol. It was sooo coool aaaand goood :cool2: YEAH! ...and i think that some tourist from Asia was recording with camera or phone while i was swimming. :phaser:

By the way there a couple of old says regarding March here: "Čuvaj se marčanog sunca" - Keep yourself away from Sun in March, and: Imaju tri marčane bure... like: There are three Booras every March. Yup - people are already looking for shade around noon over here. :cool:

In the Netherlands, with temperatures overall reaching 21.2° C (and beyond in some places) we're experiencing the hottest March 30 in over a century but record breaking failed -- by a mere 0.2° C.

Sources:
http://nltimes.nl/2017/03/30/hottest-march-30th-netherlands-century-first-short-skirt-day-spring
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2017/03/its-official-march-30-is-the-warmest-day-of-the-year-so-far/

it's been a very mild start to Autumn, which is unusual for Western Australia. Finally tomorrow it's going to be sunny and 31C :D Hopefully we will get some more of this lovely sunny weather before winter kicks!

Here in the Northern Rivers of NSW we have just received the biggest rain dumping since the levy was built 12 years ago to protect the town of Lismore from regular floods. The levy was breached and within hours the town was flooded to around 2 metres, all in the business district, many small shops and cafes are going to have a massive cleanup. The area is already sodden from about 10 days of on and off rain, but this last 2 days was just heavy and heavier rain. Last night was all about high winds (I feared for my windows being blown in - hardly slept).

This rain was from Cyclone Debbie, which has just decimated a lot of Hamilton Island Resort off the Mid/North coast of Queensland and has worked it's way down the Queensland coast to the Northern Rivers. There has been thousands of evacuations to higher ground, all schools were closed today as the water rose, and the Southern Cross University, was a gathering point where people with flooded homes could stay. The SES (State Emergency Services) have been inundated with requests for help. At the moment, 10.30pm. it is so still, feels eerie.

I had plans to take the train to Sydney on Monday, but there is a lot of coach replacement, which on a 12 hour trip is a nightmare, so I switched to as short flight and now I have to be lucky enough to get to Ballina/Byron airport, 30k east, tomorrow.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-31/floods-hit-northern-nsw-with-heavy-rain,-winds,-floods/8402788

Lindenlea said:
Here in the Northern Rivers of NSW we have just received the biggest rain dumping since the levy was built 12 years ago to protect the town of Lismore from regular floods. The levy was breached and within hours the town was flooded to around 2 metres, all in the business district, many small shops and cafes are going to have a massive cleanup. The area is already sodden from about 10 days of on and off rain, but this last 2 days was just heavy and heavier rain. Last night was all about high winds (I feared for my windows being blown in - hardly slept).

This rain was from Cyclone Debbie, which has just decimated a lot of Hamilton Island Resort off the Mid/North coast of Queensland and has worked it's way down the Queensland coast to the Northern Rivers. There has been thousands of evacuations to higher ground, all schools were closed today as the water rose, and the Southern Cross University, was a gathering point where people with flooded homes could stay. The SES (State Emergency Services) have been inundated with requests for help. At the moment, 10.30pm. it is so still, feels eerie.

I had plans to take the train to Sydney on Monday, but there is a lot of coach replacement, which on a 12 hour trip is a nightmare, so I switched to as short flight and now I have to be lucky enough to get to Ballina/Byron airport, 30k east, tomorrow.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-31/floods-hit-northern-nsw-with-heavy-rain,-winds,-floods/8402788

wow, that sounds really intense Lindenlea, stay safe!!

Some awkward warmth is a kind of baking the Dalmazzia. In many cities temp records are being topped. In Dubrovnik it was measured 26.8°C - 3,8 degrees higher than previous temp record from '77. Strange "summer" heat wave in the late March overhere. Sea water at Bache Beach quite convenient for regular exercising of cold protocol :ninja:

Back
Top Bottom