Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 19-20-49 Windy as forecasted.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 19-21-10 Windy as forecasted.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 19-21-10 Windy as forecasted.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 19-21-29 Windy as forecasted.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 19-21-29 Windy as forecasted.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Here in NRW, Germany, is -1, expected to go to -2 during the night.
During this week, the temperature prognosis is that it will plunge to -5 on Tuesday. 🥶
Daily temperature is around 0.
Only from 19.-20. December, temperatures should rise again to a month‘s average - so, to 6-10 degrees. We’ll see about that…

I thought that it is a bit cold, not like I‘m used to in the last 7 years that I‘m here.
We actually had a snow day last week which was a total surprise!!!

As it happens, the average temperature for December is between 1 and 6 degrees, according to internet.
So this temperature now is below average temperature for this area.
It is still way up from -11,7 that was measured in 1981, but it is also waaay lower than 16 degrees measured in 2019.
No global warming then, ha?! :lol:

But, the month is not over yet…. And the temperatures look like they will plunge further when looking at the global picture, if not this month then the next…

…and the gas reserves in Germany are not doing great, according to RT:

…and the gas reserves in Germany are not doing great, according to RT:

With reserves petering out, SOTT's NewsReal show briefly mentioned London's "Warm Banks" (from the BBC) :umm:. Maybe Germany has them too.

With reserves petering out, SOTT's NewsReal show briefly mentioned London's "Warm Banks" (from the BBC) :umm:. Maybe Germany has them too.

Yes, saw that on RT, probably minutes before it was mentioned in NewsReal 😅

As for Germany, well back in July, they were already planning "heat islands" in Germany.... :shock:

Today was a bit dark, foggy, rainy and in the morning until 4 pm with tornado watch warning, within the Brevard-Florida area.

This photo was taken at approximately 3:40pm (although the lighting in the photo is also approximate), here by 5 pm it is already getting dark.
318311822_678488103980179_7167515323093468403_n.jpg

Winter solstice is still a few days away. Some significant snow is in next week's forecast from NOAA, especially in Northwest Montana, AND a lot of cold weather still to come. Missoula already has 45.8 inches of snow for 2022, which is "above normal" for the year with two weeks left to go. We're gearing up to tie or break the records set in 1996.

Unusual weather pattern in Macedonia. Last night and today morning we can hear loud thunderstorms. At night big flashes were visible above the low and dark winter clouds. It is very unusual to have thunders and lightning in winter. I remember when I was a kid and once we heard thunder in winter and my grandmother said that it is not a good sign.
The temperature is also above the average for this part of the year. It goes up to 7-8C during the day and around 0 C at night.

It’s been bitterly cold here in the UK for the last week, with just about everywhere in minus Celsius, some as low as -10.

And now today, it’s eerily warm. I left the house for work at 2pm and was shocked. I’m now on my break, it’s dark, and the temp on my car thermometer says 14 Celsius.

Just weird.

In SC Alaska, it is 12°F and clear - warmer than the last 5 days where temps hovered around 0°F.

The coldest I've seen so far is -3°F in Eagle River. In Anch. the frost is thicker, and light columns in the sky as well.

As far as roads in Anch. are concerned, a lot of 4-lane roads are 2-lane, and snow banks very high - snow removal being a nightly effort.

The daylight hours is about 5 and half hours. Though there is that much sunlight, it is mostly just shining on treetops where I live, due to the terrain.

Blizzard conditions are expected to the north, with wind gusts up to 65 mph - no new snow, just high winds.

Back
Top Bottom