What's the weather where you are?

Stockholm, Sweden
2 May 2022

When I walk around, watching with curiosity all the little details of spring (with all the beautiful flowers unfolding everywhere !). The feeling that sometimes hit me is that of disbelief. I can't believe that we finally have crossed over the long dark winter time... and "Woooahh, springtime really is here". (Pinch me in the arm, please !!) Yes, it really is here. Like stepping out of a time capsule... and there it is; that beautiful springtime. Trees are with budding everywhere, and cherry trees have started to blossom.

Trees in Stockholm usually unfold their dresses around the time of 1 May; sometimes a few days earlier, sometimes a few days later, but pretty much around the same time, regardless weather type. I put out my indoor flowers on the balcony just a couple days ago. Even there, it feels now like "Wow"; changing from ugly gray concrete, into pretty green everywhere.

You have a seat under the sun, and it's like taking a bath under the warm waterfalls of health bringing rays.
And your soul is blossoming. Like children of this earth.

2022-05-01-07-09-39.jpg

Mild Days | Cold nights

The temperatures up here have been rising to 17-18°C (64°F) as of lately, but the nights are somewhat chilly (which is normal). It was less than a week ago, in which the temperatures in the far outer suburbs, plunged down to around -3° and -6°C (21-26°F) several mornings in a row (while where i live in Southern Stockholm, it wasn't as cold, but I did observe ground frost).

2022-04-27-ARlanda--5.2°C.jpg 2022-04-28--6.1°C-Svanberga.jpg
2022-04-29--4.9°C-Tullinge.jpg 2022-05-02--1.7-in-Tullinge.jpg

_-2022-05-02-at-15.43.21.jpg 2022-04-29-15-14-12-Rågsved.jpg

Upcoming weeks

First a bit cooler, but then it appears to lean towards sunny, summer weather (For us up here, days with temperatures around or above 20°C (68°F), are considered to be summery days) But like with all weather predictions, I don't trust that they hold waters, even if the latest looks particularly delicious with temperatures up to 25°C. (77°C) according to American GFS.

_-2022-05-02-at-16.20.06.jpg

En France sur la Côte d'Azur, il fait très beau, ciel bleu sans nuage, soleil et douceur, il est presque 18h et il fait encore 18° dehors mes chatonnes sortent au soleil sur le balcon dans sur leurs coussins dès 7H du matin, il fait un peu frais mais le soleil donnant elles aiment bien s'y prélasser...
Tout est très vert et les fleurs apparaissent, les oiseaux chantent, mes voisins s'installent sur leurs balcons en maillot de bains...
Tout semble aussi parfait que possible... Sauf que ce n'est pas le cas dans le monde...

In France on the French Riviera, the weather is very nice, blue sky without clouds, sun and softness, it's almost 6pm and it's still 18°C outside, my kittens go out in the sun on the balcony in their cushions from 7am, it's a little bit cool but the sun is shining and they like to bask in it...
Everything is very green and flowers appear, birds sing, my neighbors sit on their balconies in bathing suits ...
Everything seems as perfect as possible... Except that this is not the case in the world...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

In Alaska, it is 55°F and overcast. The leaves are slowly coming out - one warm day and it would turn green fast!

The skies look polluted as there is the road dirt that the street sweepers are cleaning up...
Otherwise, pretty normal weather.

I was thinking about the coming summer, and if it would be as hot as the previous years...
And I though about 'the haze' that happens as a result of the extreme heat, and came up with an explanation for it.

The Anchorage area is at the top of Cook Inlet which branches into the Knik Arm, and Turnagain Arm, bordering Anchorage on the east and west.
These are are both very silty and shallow, and usually have a cooling affect as a result of the glacial and snow melt - making it a cooling factor.
When the tide goes out, it is a vast expanse of mudflat - mostly on the Turnagain side - and as the tide comes in, it is often as a bore tide.

So, as temps reach the 80s, it is warm and radiant enough to quickly evaporate the moisture from the mudflats and marshes, and keep it aloft and diffuse - slowly turning the sky from blue to white - though direct sun is always permeating its density, as it is equally dispersed in the radiant atmosphere - like a filter - creating the haze. The sunshine has a orangish tint.
So, the haze is abundant moisture that - rather than forming a blanket like fog, or clouds - is dispersed and evenly distributed by the long daylight hours that keeps it from condensing into clouds.
It's interesting to me because it doesn't get this warm very often, and it is a sight to see, like other weather phenomena.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 May 2022, 11:20

Peculiar clouds.

As my husband and I went out for a walk with Tekki in the near by woods just an hour ago, I immediately noticed many peculiar clouds in the sky. I believe they were of Altocumulus origin - but when you observed them over a time frame of 10-20 minutes, they changed very quickly. First off, many of them had a "lenticularis", kind of "lens" or "ufo" shape - which I find to be very rare over the skies of Stockholm. We saw this type far more often around Etna volcano, due to the mountain being major geographic disturbance in the atmosphere, creating many strange cloud formations.

Second; they got "eaten away" quickly, through fuzzy holes getting larger and then dissipating the clouds. Then, out of the blue, larger and bigger ellipsoid fuzzy clouds emerged out of "nowhere". In all - a very interesting, rather unusual sky today.

2022-05-04-11-19-11.jpg

2022-05-04-11-22-22.jpg

2022-05-04-11-53-41.jpg

2022-05-04-11-40-12.jpg
While having a break at a bench with Tekki.

In the recent days we have some thunder and lightning. On Saturday and on Tuesday there was thunder and lightning and now, Thursday there is thunder and lightning again. It hasn't even been particularly warm. Pierre mentioned in his book about how this normally happens in late summer when the tension builds over a few days before it gets released. As he mentioned now this phenomenon is happening all year round with the likely reason being a changing cosmic atmosphere.
A few minutes ago, I noticed that in the east of Switzerland there was even some fine hagl along with a heavy downpour, which is not a great thing for the horticultural/agricultural industry depending on what crops are grown and what stages they are in.

Finally sunny skies now, after a moderately cold and wet period, here (Southwest Cincinnati), even this past Sunday a bit curious how in the sun the temperature is warm and in the shade the air was rather chilly.
Also in this area where I live it seems that there are only two seasons: cold-winter-snow and sweltering summer, the spring and fall periods are quite short or just a couple of weeks.
In this week they are between 28- 24 Celsius and can even drop to almost 10 C, at night.
279512360_7475473439190340_2511055142687057720_n.jpeg

Sunday a bit curious how in the sun the temperature is warm and in the shade the air was rather chilly.
It is similar here in Alaska. I went to the store and was surprised that the temperature at the bank was only 55°F, but I was fine with that because the sun was shining and no clouds.... Then, within the hour, a north wind picked up and got real chilly - about 50°F.

Today it is about 55°F at noon, and it is continuing this sunny but cool trend. It becomes overcast as the day passes, though.

All the snow is gone, except for on the mountains, the leaves are out, and we only need the grass to turn green.

Last edited:
Lower Austria, southern part.
After those long weeks of no rain - they ended with one week of rain - we have a very nice spring. Temperatures not too hot (about 20-25°C), sunshine mixed with enough rain so that the plants can grow. Sometimes it is very splendid: It is a sunny day and during the night we get some rain so we will not have to water our plants . . . :lol::lol::lol:

Peculiarly cold in the Laurentians, Québec for this time of year but not yet anomalous! Something I've noticed though is that people I talk to feel like it is strangely cold? But since 3 years of iodine, and 5 of a Keto diet, sleeping in the garage, and spending days outside, I cannot say if it is that much of a change? Yet most people around here think it is colder than usual for this time of year! Maybe the time of the lock-up has made them more sensitive?

Thunderstorms over Stockholm
14 June 2022

It was about time - today we had our first thunderstorms over Stockholm - several times during the day, and just a half hour ago, with plenty of rain albeit nothing extreme. I should add that there have been thunderstorms over Stockholm earlier, but only a couple of strikes in the broader area - and I have never seen or head any. Today was a first - and really late into the season ! As i went to bed around 10.00 i woke up from rain and thunder at around 12.00.

Here are some photos I just made from the latest T-storm cell pulling away from our area, south of Stockholm.

The temperatures have been more or less normal during June 2022 between 18-21°C (64-70°F) - yet in the city of Stockholm temperatures up to 24.5°C (76°F) have been registered once.

The weather has been unsteady, luckily with plenty of rain since May, which is good for nature, growing happily like wild. It's actually pretty to experience that growth. My plants... well, they don't too well on the balcony, so far this summer. It's like they need that 2 week period of pure sunshine and real warmth in order to take off.

2022-06-14-21-06-16.jpg

2022-06-14-21-10-08.jpg

2022-06-14-21-06-58.jpg
Photo tech note • The very wide images are taken with a Canon Tilt-Shift lens 17mm f 4 L, while the narrower image in the middle, with a Sigma 60-600mm lens, mounted on a Canon EOS R6 camera.

The weather roundup for the week in France! Stay safe you all 👩‍❤️‍👩

Heavy atmosphere this Tuesday. Unstable & stormy weather the following days.

Meanwhile:
Damaged roof Soumoulou 64 Ju Euskadi

Storms also caused damage in Béarn this Monday evening with giant hailstones in several municipalities, such as here in Limendous ( © Soso Dion)

A furtive storm this evening in Paris, symbolically announcing... (wrong answers only) #orages #electionslegislatives2022

Hungary: ~90 miles west of the Ukrainian border

We are having a heatwave for weeks and drought for months now. Interspersed with little rain. Yesterday I was cutting the very sparse grass and weed and the lawnmower created a dust cloud. So definitely a drought! :)

Our agricultural city's farm owners are getting desperate:
- Oh, no! Our poor plants, poor fruit trees! Dear Horus, Zeus, Thor, whoever is on duty.. Save us!
:)

Okay here we go.. This is the prognosis of our glorious meteorologists:
June_Heatwave_Drought_Hungary_2022.jpg

As you can see above, massive heatwave has been routinely forecast, which will definitely kill the plants, obliterate the fresh-water reserves, cause inadequate pressure in the pipes, so you can't shower during the day, only at night and early morning..

Poor unfortunate meteorologists were busy forecasting heavy heatwave in the last 7 days too.
There was a hiccup in their plans, however.. :)

Last week, I went to the Artesian well in my thick winter-jeans and wore my winter-hoody and did not get hot at all..

While I was waiting in line to get water, one of the pharmacy's female cleaners walking home from work loudly exclaimed to her colleagues with a surprised sigh:
- Oh dear, the weather surely cooled down today!

I was just grinning beneath my (head covered with) hoodie and were thinking inwardly:
- Oh, Darling! You have no idea!
:)
Well, the weather-people forecast a heatwave for those couple days too (last week), but instead..
- "OMG cooling came!" :-o

I can imagine their faces.. - the temperature dramatically decreased. Almost cold, but not yet, while driving a bicycle: Definitely cool and windy!

Same severe heat was forecast for today, but poor weather-people still got no cigar: as it cooled down significantly and got windy all day! This means a wonderful cool all day and almost cold now at night! You see on the above forecast: they cautiously are saying 28°C / 82.4°F for tomorrow / Wednesday. :)

Whodunnit?!

So, as you can see on the above pic, there is no water in the weather system.
? ==> you can't make rain from nothing, if there is no water vapor in the atmosphere above you, then no cigar, sorry!
Well.. curiously last night the sky got overcast and at 02:00am - 03:00am a few raindrops fell onto my skin as I was outside.. So you never know..

But (!) at 06:00am the night-clouds quickly disappeared and the weather started to heat up really strongly by 09:00am.. ( So I got to work.)

For rain a cyclone or whatever heavy-carrier cloud-vortex is needed to actually throw clouds / water vapor our way / at this region. But so far skies were are pristine clear blue for weeks. Rare, tiny patches of clouds only are visible, when looking around.
No visible comet dust, no hazing, just cruel cloudless skies and intense hot sun all day!
Stepping outside feels like walking into a microwave oven turned high: suffocating heat punches you in the face & chest.
..If you let it develop during the day then the heat cooks you alive.. :)

So what happens, when the weather is not rain-friendly? But I still do mess with the weather?

It gets windy and cold / cool, instead of a summer heatwave.

Here is how:
On the pic below blue is the sky. Dark areas are the temporarily created holes and similarly the long chasm opening up the sky to cold air nearer to the vacuum of space.
Polar_vortex_Chasm_temporary_openings_cold_high_altitude_air_rushing_through.jpg
I'm temporarily opening vertical holes and or a chasm - like broken arctic ice - on the sky allowing cold air masses to fall down, temporarily.

Example:
Like you pulled the plug on a giant bathtub - made of transparent-glass - above you and cold water started to fall on your head.
The sky behaves the same as a water surface: it quickly auto-corrects shape and the artificial opening quickly closes up to become the usual sky-layer above our city, stopping the rush-in of high altitude cold air near deep space..

Air temperature dramatically decreases when reaching high altitudes, as you can see on the right side red lined graph on this image:
Temperature_By_Altitude.png

Simple work. 4 times a day. Makes cool winds and decreased daily temperature, instead of a plant-killer, ground-cracking heatwave.
Nothing in excess!
So no creating hurricane strength winds that would rip off house roofs and definitely a bit NO for creating "Day After Tomorrow"-style polar vortexes. Balance of Nature must be preserved as much as possible.

This simple process creates a [via direct-airflow] AC-conditioned volumetric operational theater air-mass above our entire small city.

My "operational theater" is a less than 4 km / 2.5 miles in diameter half-sphere: so its pretty easy. (I guess a large, wide city would be harder to cool down this way in the summer?)
Agricultural_City_smaller_than_4km.jpg

Last edited:
Re: What's the weather where you are at?

Here in the center of Mexican Republic is cold. In the Toluca Valley we have a temperature of 14 Celsius and it is raining.

Tropical Storm "Celia" is located off the coasts of Michoacán and Guerrero in western Mexico and is causing moderate rains for the center and a lot of cloudiness.

Back
Top Bottom