What's the weather where you are?

In SC Alaska, it's been a cold spring. Always overcast and cool with temps staying below 60°F - with lows between 45-50°F. That is - until yesterday, where the temps hit 76°F. Today, it wasn't so sunny, but warm - close to mid 70s.

Even though it's been cold and cloudy, there hasn't been much rain.

Daylight hours
Sunrise: 4:19am
Sunset: 11:42pm

Tell me about, Sirius.

We too, got a first rain after a whopping 31 days without any at all, in Southern Stockholm.

In total i got 5.5 mm at my rain meter. But i am sure nature got happy. With this front that pulled in, making nights turning much milder, more summer like. And it surrounds the body in such a way, creating nice vibes of forgotten dreams, promises and escapes. “Dolce far niente”. The sweetness of doing nothing.

The highest temperatures are coming high up from the north of Sweden, up to 30°C. And now here in Stockholm it too has gotten warm again, with 25-26°C today. The sunshine hours per day are at record levels, since many weeks.

And it looks like that with the upcoming biggest holiday in Sweden, Midsummers Eve, it will be a warm one this year. It has been pretty common that the weather changes around this time - into a cool, unsteady and rainy weather type.

But not this year.

Lower Austria, Southern Part.

Although I thought before we had a mild winter it turned out the other way. I needed nearly the double amount of wood compared with to the 2 years before. And it was cold for a long time - until April. We had 2 or 3 warm days, but in May it got cold (at least for that time of the year when you are expecting comfortable temperatures about 18-20 degrees), temperatures would not go about 13°. It was so cold that I really thought of going for one day to the South (Croatia) just to get a little bit of warmth ...

But: The good thing was: It was raining and raining. And it was this kind of rain that is very very suitable for agriculture. Soft rain, making pauses in between so that the earth could take up the water instead of letting it flow away just on the surface.

Farmers were very happy. It was the rain the whole region needed desperately.

Now - in opposite to the year before - everything is really green (like in Ireland, probably;-)), very nice!

But we have to face the damage that has been done to the forests due to the lack of water last year. It was terrible dry and the pines gave up. They did not get enough water and you can see many many areas with brown pines. Which is very sad because these trees give you such a wonderful smell wenn you are walking beneath them.
The loss of the pines seems spread widely in the Eastern part of Austria. This was the region were the lack of water last year nearly lead to a dramatic situation.
Now we have hot temperatures for (hopefully only) 3-4 days (31-34°). Then temperatures are supposed to drop down to 25-28°. We also might get some thunderstorms - good thing, we will get rain again!!!!

Surprise heatwave in Hungary as opposed to cool weather forecast for this week. Instead of 28°C / 82°F, we are getting 31°C / 88°F for today and tomorrow is forecast to be hot 33°C / 91°F. Not good for work & concentration at all.

Thunderstorm just now with copious amounts of rain brought back the cool air. Thanks to DCM! Curiously the thunder-sound is continuous, never stops. As if some grinding-wheel in the sky - in Vulcan's forge - started and is going on and on. Previously these sounds were intermittent, stopping frequently. Now its ceaseless. :huh:

From yesterday night I was having flashes about a never before seen, semi-continuous, flowing lightning [creek] - in the shape of a waterspout - (with the breadth / diameter of a human body) reaching down from the clouds and hitting me in the torso. Same images about flowing lightning-electricity - like a spidery ""snaking-ball-lightning"" - coming into the house, through the walls and touching me. :umm:

1st mention: "lightning-river" from 2019.

Last edited:
It has been storming almost every day of the week for at least several weeks now in Melbourne, FL. with the temperature fluctuating between 34- 23 C.
The storms have been intense, this is a double rainbow captured from my area.
356272047_1000744564671500_2907381778356574054_n.jpg
356289681_2027701424234466_678511072639425488_n.jpg356386334_1253639608656542_1395973144616187930_n.jpg
How funny...

I got a Déjà vu feeling when you looked at your photos @jess !

We had almost exactly the same clouds over Stockholm this morning - which developed very sudden out of nowhere from uniform looking clouds earlier (The whole effect of mammatus clouds only lasted about 20 minutes). Apparently, it marked the tail end of a cold front passing over the city (while it was very mild in the air, 16°C). I sat outside the train depot smoking a cigarette with just a shirt on... enjoying the feeling.
Hi XPan, good you can enjoy it!, for me it almost gives me a stomach ache to see these storms, although the positive thing is happens to me, it takes me out of my comfort zone, and reminds me that the universe has its laws and the planet too, we are just a part that coexists in the system.

Mist sighted this morning at ~4:45am in Hungary, ~90 miles west of the Ukrainian border. While I was exercising at the edge of the city. It was a blue hazing - in the midst of thick bushes, trees. - collected over the country-road - now overgrown with weed. I was looking at the mist from across a nicely yellowing/ripening wheat crop field.

Stockholm, Sweden
30 June 2023

We are now going into a more unstable weather period - after an absolutely crazy two months period, with abundance of sunshine (May 2023, daily Ø: 12.5 hours per day) and June 2023 (13 hours per day in Ø, every day) - both near record levels. I mean, just look at the chart below... really something to write home about. It is on the same level that of June 2020, but May 2020 wasn't as crazy, like this year.

sunshinehours_stockholm_may-june2023.png

Rain has been very scarce.
After a period of 31 days without any rain - 5.8 mm came down 19-21 June. And now it has started to rain as a cold front is about to pass. This far, only 0.8 mm have come down (on my private rain meter)

2023-06-19-06-25-14.jpg

The first thunderstorm of the year
was - in my opinion - extremely late to show up: 23 June 2023 ! More common is that you get the first thunder in the end of April, or most common starting in May - but there was nothing this year. Overall T-storm activity over Sweden has been rather low (this far). Almost 'nothing' in May.

2023-06-23-16-39-53-thunderstorm-cell-first-auditable-thunder-of-this-year.jpg

Yesterday midnight magic
The 'kids' from our best friend in Turin came over visiting us - and we, all four were sitting at the balcony surrounded by flowers and plats, having sandwiches and dark german wheat beer ("Aventinus"), enjoying the very mild, summery air - while talking intensely about the Plandemic, "vaccines" and all that nasty stuff: While all of the sudden, a mass of clouds at the north horizon started to generate lightning strikes. And just got more and more frequent. This went on for over 2+ hours. I thought it was unusual from several perspectives; first i couldn't figure out why and where that T-storm got its energy from - in the middle of the night ?!

It was an isolated, very thin streak of clouds on the satellite chart moving from NW to SE - and there were no other T-storms anywhere in a radius of many hundreds of kilometers. It felt magic, because when do we ever get to experience night thunderstorms at the brightest time of the year in June when it is the brightest at night ? Usually you get that a few times at best, mostly during August nights...

So, this T-storm was just lingering on, huffing and puffing for hours, and with frequent lightning strikes (which I too thought was interesting, because in Sweden you often just get a few here and there... with minute gaps in between. We sat there in this wonderful mild night, and watched the lightning in between our discussion. Really magic ! When the youngsters went to bed, and my husband as well - I took our the tripod and made some images. After only 10 minutes, the lightning stopped.

2023-06-29-00-55-56.jpg

2023-06-29-01-01-55.jpg

2023-06-29-01-05-37.jpg

temperatures_stockholm+Tullinge-may-June2023.png

Temperatures in Stockholm
Summer made a big switch in June - particularly in the outer suburbs with considerably warmer nights. The past 2-3 weeks have been a lot warmer than average, with abundance of sunshine and warmth - pushing June 2023 as a whole into the warmer-than-normal side; around +2.5°C (Inner city of Stockholm).

Supposedly - it was the 7th warmer-than-average June in Sweden in a row, according to SMHI (Swedish Weather institute). And climate-woky-wokies just got another frantic headline to throw themselves over. :whistle:

Oh wow.
In this moment, it is REALLY raining (17:58) while my rainmeter is jumping upwards... Nature is so gonna love the water, finally.

A 1-2 km wide tornado hit near Didsbury, Alberta today just before 2:00 this afternoon. No one was killed but there have been some injuries and destruction of buildings and trees. This is a pretty impressive 6 1/2 minute video from a storm chaser. 'Fist sized' hail also reported.

Stockholm, Sweden
2 July 2023

2023-07-02-16-07-49-(AI-lightpole-removed)-otherwise-normal,-rainshower-in-Rågsved.jpg

Singing in the Rain
It was in one way annoying - but being two; together - we kind had (made it into) childish fun !!

At first clear during the morning as i still was driving the subway. Then around noon, very heavy rain clouds emerged, while shortly after the sky opened up. Sal my husband and I however had errands in the city which couldn't be pushed no more: Getting a lot of packages from the post office, as well having to fetch gardening stuff in the city

Well, it took only minutes after leaving the house... and we were drenched like funny cats. And it stayed that way, because the rain was not abating.

Highest amount of rain in Europe
On our way back home, 3 hours later - I read off my rain meter - which showed that startling 59.1 mm rain had come down. It took me by surprise that it was that much !

The official grid only registered 24 mm in Tullinge (7 km from my place), but later had a preliminary / unconfirmed / unchecked value of 72 mm in Södertälje, 30 km away. An unofficial station only 2 km from us, registered 69 mm.

So, in this thin, 30 km stretch - the highest amounts of rain were [unofficially] registered in all of Europe. Tirana (Albania) came second in the official meteorological grid with 40 mm [within 12 hours, 2 June 2023 • 08:00-20:00]

Photo impressions

2023-07-02-12-30-46.jpg

2023-07-02-23-39-41-(AI,-houses-taken-away).jpg

In SC Alaska, the day started out sunny, but turned overcast and 60°F, much cooler than yesterday.
Yesterday was sunny and in the mid 70s. It was breezy, causing the cottonwood and dandelion pollen to drift about, making it look like snow in some areas.

So far, the season feels a little wetter and cooler than usual, but not too much.

Very cool temperature anomalies at this location in the south of France, with a possible rebound of heat on Friday.
🥶🥵 It has been theorized we may see a year without a summer under this current Solar Cycle

Mixed this Wednesday. Pleasant Thursday, then return of the hot weather on Friday! The 10-day weather forecast: https://meteo-express.com/previsions/pre

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 23-02-14 Weather.png

In Alberta and the weather has been quite strange. We broke records for heat the last few months, we have never seen temperatures so hot. We had forest fires where there usually none and usually still get a bit of snow near the end of spring/summer (not that it stays long). Then temperatures dropped recently to "normal" for this time of year. 5-10 Celsius at night and between 11- 30 Celsius during the day.
We are getting lots of rain thankfully and wicked thunder storms but also getting tornados where we usually have none.

Anyone else notice "weird/extremes weather" prophies in books such as Revelations from the bible and other "world ending" theories/conspiracies? (I can't remember the names off the top of my head but can link if I remember). Please let me know if this resonates and you have other sources to read about this topic!

Also in Biology we were taught that the earth went through MAJOR weather changes as one cycle/era was coming to an end and another was beginning (Archean Eon, Paleoproterozoic, Mesoproterozoic Era, Neoproterozoic Era, Paleozoic Era). The C's have also mentioned the interior of earth heating up (have no idea what transcript it was, again will try to find). It seems like crazy, extremes, and weird weather are all indicator of major shifts of earth. Especially considering that when the earth shifted eras (and whatever other history has been erased from our knowledge) that the old would literally die away for the new kinds of flora, animals, etc to emerge.

This also leads to one more question do you think what science views as dying where elements/souls transitioning to a new density or space/time and are we in that era. The Wave, I cannot decide if I believe we will be on this earth as it transitions or we will leave so I love hearing other's view.)

Sorry if this is too off topic, I understand if it is!

Back
Top Bottom