What's the weather where you are?

Re: What's the weather where you are at?

Here in Antwerp(Belgium) it's cold (19°C) and rainy :(

I saw strange, rapid flashes of light last night in my bedroom. It reminded me of when an emergency vehicle goes by with its strobe lights on, except these were white. But by the time I got to my window to see what it was, it had stopped. No cars on the road in either direction, no lightening in the distance. I assumed it was lightening but was surprised by the lack of thunder, especially considering how bright it was. (No missing time either, btw. ;)

Well, now that it's just past noon and the temperature has climbed to 32C with relative humidity at 65%, we now have a humidex of 44C. They're expecting it to climb and should soon feel like 46C (116F).

An hour or so ago the weather office issued a sever storm advisory:
Severe thunderstorm watch for
Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans

Weather conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms this afternoon. The main threats are damaging winds, large hail and torrential downpours.

This is an alert to the potential development of severe thunderstorms with large hail, damaging winds or heavy rainfall..Monitor weather conditions and listen for updated bulletins.

I can only hope that it comes and goes without too much damage and hopefully takes the temperature down a few notches. This heat is nauseating.

Hoping everyone in the high temps can stay cool and hydrated.

Gonzo

Gimpy said:
Its 95 degrees, and feels like 117.

I'm in the Tri-state area around you Water bearer.

The woods all around our house is wilting, the small streams are dry, the river is lower than I've ever seen it.

In contrast to the very wet Spring storms we had for weeks on end, its spooky.

I can't go outside at all. The heat is cumulative for me, and I went out Monday and yesterday, today I can barely move and spent most of the day in bed. There are storms in small places through out the area, but it never rains here.

Until it lets go, I'm probably going to be a shut in. :mad:
For Northeast Alabama, exactly what you wrote!! My woods are drying up, the creeks are dry even after a heavy rain. Weird.

In the West Midlands (U.K) Been a Cool Overcast week with Temps as low as 15c which is of course very low for this time of year..Its Improving next week but very much below average temps.

I live on the Delmarva Peninsula, east coast US. It's currently 94F, feels like 110, humidity 54%. I think it's supposed to reach 100 tomorrow, and I'm dreading it! My house feels like a furnace, and my poor daughter just got a cast that must be insanely hot.
We've been getting some really sporadic, intense, but shortlived storms lately, but there's not much chance of one in the near future.

To add a bit more to what Mr.A said, here in our area of Colorado, in the last 2 weeks we have had a heat index often in the 100's, which feels intensely hot and hard to go out in. I also am grateful for the car air conditioning!
Luckily, we have had rain-- many afternoon and evening thunderstorms that really cool things down but also add unusual humidity (for dry CO) to the heat. There as been flooding up north of us.

cassandra said:
Something electrical is going on. A few nights ago there were flashes every couple of minutes. Thinking someone was taking pictures, I looked out of the window and saw forked lightening in the distance without rain or thunder. It went on for some time. I've never seen that before either and it was quite something.

It may could be heat lightnings.

To the weather where I live, there are at the moment no summer temperatures and lots of rain and sometimes it feels like autumn.

cassandra said:
Something electrical is going on. A few nights ago there were flashes every couple of minutes. Thinking someone was taking pictures, I looked out of the window and saw forked lightening in the distance without rain or thunder. It went on for some time. I've never seen that before either and it was quite something.

You could have seen dry lightning.

Dry lightning is cloud-to-ground lightning without any rain nearby. The NOAA Storm Prediction Center routinely forecasts dry lightning because this kind is more likely to cause forest fires.

Thanks, heat lightening sounds about right. That day was very muggy and baking hot - I am very sensitive to this type of weather. The lightening was only in the sky and did not reach the ground. The pictures shown on the link look like what I saw, but I think I saw forked lightening as well.

Western Pennsylvania checking in. We had a horrid, cold, wet spring. Then somebody flipped the switch and now it's been hot, hotter, hottest. Today we may break a record. No rain in sight, "scattered thundershowers" on the forecast at times but the little rain we had days ago lasted maybe less than a half hour. Grass dried up and crunchy.

Figures this is the summer we planted the most flowers and had bushes and a couple trees planted around our patio. Can't wait to see this month's water bill!! :scared:

Italy. Last two weeks in June were very hot, up to 37°C. Then some cold, and then in the two first weeks of July.. superhot again! 13th of July was the hottest day in a row, nearly 40°C and people walking on their houses in pants and windows slammed open - that part was funny, I felt neighbors were getting friendlier to each other because of that sudden 'openness' :). During the night it was hard to sleep too, because of the high humidity.

Then frozen clouds very very high in the sky began to show up, contrails everywhere for 2-3 days and that after a bit of rain the temperature settled at a more comfortable 25-30°C at max, until today.

Living at around 10,000 ft in the mountains of Colorado the temperature is in the blissful 70's, but we have had a lot of afternoon thunderstorms. One storm on Monday night broke rainfall records since 1865 and it was an electrical storm (a solid hour and a half of constant lightning strikes - every few seconds) like I have never seen in 20 years of living here. One strike brought down a church steeple that was 1/2mile from my house. It was an awesome storm. :cool2:

Al Today said:
The Water Bearer said:
The sun is white.

Yeah.!.!.! What happened to the yellow sun I remember as a child?

I happend to notice that too ... a couple of days ago in the morning I notice this white sun in a puddle and it had this rainbow colors around, my first thought was that it could be due to oil car in the water but I kept seeing the same reflected light in other surfaces with the same rainbow colors around it, yesterday happend the same but I noticed it at midday...

Here in Mexico City, we had cold mornings, hot/burn sun light at midday and by afternoon mostly rains, storms, hailstorms, electrical storms etc...

I remember this white sun on autumn or winter, mostly winter ... and the air feels cold like the winter ones too...

West Coast of Ireland, !5 C for the last couple of days and very little sun. The forecast said the temperatures will gradually rise to 19 C in the next days and they promised sunshine for the next 3 days.It is very cold and depressing.We had a beautiful start in April.After that it was cold and rainy with two spells of warmer days of 20 C. It's like a mini ice age here.The last winter was severe with frost - 14 C.Normally we have at the most -3C.

Mrs. Peel said:
"scattered thundershowers"

There was a weather guy in Cleveland who used to always say:
"Depending on where you live... scattered thundershowers".

He would explain stuff but also used to say weather forecasting is not an exact science.
Even today in discussing the weather I say: "Depending on where you live"...
:) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom