What's your goal?

Alada said:
There doesn’t have to be any meaning to life, the human machine can function perfectly well and perform is role without the need for any meaning at all. Maybe the search for meaning needs to include a scale far larger than just ‘what’s in it for me’?

Yeah, there doesn't have to be a specific meaning for the mandatory human machine to function, pretty strange when people always seem to be searching for this "meaning". Then again, these meanings are normally represented in forms of our positions in the system (career, job) or if someone has children they can suddenly place a meaning in their life as "mother, father".

Including a scale greater than the benefits for oneself would be looking towards the whole dispersing of the 'truth' wouldn't it? pretty much describing moving from STS to STO as much as possible. I suppose we all have an underlying meaning/goal to become more STO by firstly concentrating inwardly on ourselves o begin with, i.e. the whole concept of understanding man to understand the universe. Also, the other underlying goal would be to free ourselves from the machine/ free ourselves from the predator.

In my case and at this moment it would be to be a better person.

That is, eliminate the parts of me that I don't like, which I think are the result of social and family programming since I was a child.

The funny thing is that one of the issues that has been difficult for me to balance is smoking (it was affecting my health). Right now I think that more or less is balanced, so I'm just missing one thing.

I'm on it, but it's very irritating when over and over again the "impulses" win.

I would summarize it as being myself and not carrying unnecessary "baggage".:-D

I would like to understand myself better.

To figure out and know why I do the things that I do. Some things about me don’t make any sense and perhaps it is because of (sts) things that do not want to be discovered.

Maybe that way I really can get closer to “knowing” others. Therefore it would be impossible not to love (understand) them instead of sometimes despising people for things that I feel are self destructive to themselves and others. I try to remind myself that it is just my subjective point of view. This stuff is hard!

Such a perfect thread these days. Heck it would be awesome to really know. I have been an observer for so long in this lifetime. Ha! I have the goal of discovering my goal! Like others have said, I have racked up a lot of unique talents and experiences so what to do with it all?

And now we are in an accelerometer of chaotic bizarreness. So that makes the choice revolve around the disruption that is playing out and gaining momentum.

Sometimes I think, when people really begin to see what’s going on, they are going to be wanting an explanation or some way to look at it; some way to see the insanity and stay sane or get prepared mentally emotionally and spiritually in some way.

Of course it is presumptuous in the extreme to think I could help but then there are SO many bozos out there with nothing (or worse) to offer. Hm humor has always been a key to my own sanity and defense system. If you can laugh at, you can have some modicum of humanity left?

What does the renaissance man (jack of many trades) do? Again I am left with that I would love to figure out what the hell I am here for aside from my own bizarre personal journey.

And thanks for resurrecting this thread!

Maybe that way I really can get closer to “knowing” others. Therefore it would be impossible not to love (understand) them instead of sometimes despising people for things that I feel are self destructive to themselves and others. I try to remind myself that it is just my subjective point of view. This stuff is hard!

Yes, hard, with the aim to make it easier - to get over ourselves even, to accept that people are on their own ladder rung and can only see from their individual learned perspective. While recognizing deep down, that most, if not all, are in struggle. Moreover, it seems true that battles run trough us all at different levels, wherein that is a less discussed commonality between us. How do we held each other, which helps self? The hard part is free will, standing back and not violating others when they do not ask when you can plainly see their problems well manifest - thinking, if only they would... et cetera. How to see the part that says, If only they would - tricky.

Some things about me don’t make any sense and perhaps it is because of (sts) things that do not want to be discovered.

This knowing others cannot well be done unless one knows some of the ins and outs of self, and yes it can hide so very well from wanting to be discovered. Think that is why a network can help so much in the discovery, just reading from other people, and once in awhile been vulnerable enough to look at self and ask for help rather than shield self.

Not to bring the Romance thread up per se, however that has been one of the tools, at least for me and think for some others, that has really helped look at self and vulnerabilities, to open up. And maybe that is one of all our goals, to open up to some inner truths?

The hard part is free will, standing back and not violating others when they do not ask when you can plainly see their problems well manifest - thinking, if only they would... et cetera. How to see the part that says, If only they would - tricky.
Yea, years of trying that and being met back with hostility. Critical thinking is definitely a developing skill for that subject, which is barely being worked on now due to that awareness.
I had a funny moment with that and made me feel really silly. My dogs always wrap themselves around the same tree stump in the yard. I try to guide them around but they always seem to be oblivious that the lead can easily be undone if they just re-trace their steps. Every time this happens I laugh because I imagine the C’s slapping their foreheads for all the silly things we do that we are not seeing 🤣.

Not to bring the Romance thread up per se, however that has been one of the tools, at least for me and think for some others, that has really helped look at self and vulnerabilities, to open up. And maybe that is one of all our goals, to open up to some inner truths?
I will give that a go! I’m still sometimes shy to reply or give points of view. I’ll be honest, I moved out of a major city to a rural area just to avoid all the chaos, and I hope to keep the brain going by networking here, except I’m still getting my forum “legs” and confidence with talking to people. Especially on the internet, where everyone wants to eat each other alive

Yea, years of trying that and being met back with hostility. Critical thinking is definitely a developing skill for that subject, which is barely being worked on now due to that awareness.
I had a funny moment with that and made me feel really silly. My dogs always wrap themselves around the same tree stump in the yard. I try to guide them around but they always seem to be oblivious that the lead can easily be undone if they just re-trace their steps. Every time this happens I laugh because I imagine the C’s slapping their foreheads for all the silly things we do that we are not seeing 🤣.

I will give that a go! I’m still sometimes shy to reply or give points of view. I’ll be honest, I moved out of a major city to a rural area just to avoid all the chaos, and I hope to keep the brain going by networking here, except I’m still getting my forum “legs” and confidence with talking to people. Especially on the internet, where everyone wants to eat each other alive
I stand in the same 'boat' as you. :boat: I'm still get my legs under me and am just trying to figure out what I can provide to our group that has not already been said so well and clearly throughout the forum pages.

I've been able to 'sound out' those around me here with the knowledge I'm gaining; some - if I hit the right note concerning our government and the things we see them doing, are willing to discuss such things but to go any further than that and *snap* goes their brain.

Espero poder aprender, encontrar el camino a todo lo que esté disponible para mí crecimiento y ser capaz de asimilar el conocimiento.
Pulir mi persona, sacar los prejuicios y todo lo que pueda hacer daño a otros cuando interactúan conmigo.
Y más que nada si algún día llega el caos, poder proteger de alguna manera a mi familia y seres queridos.

I hope to be able to learn, find my way to everything that is available for me to grow and be able to assimilate the knowledge.
To polish myself, take out the prejudices and everything that can hurt others when they interact with me.
And most of all if one day chaos comes, to be able to somehow protect my family and loved ones.

To continue working so that mechanical acts have less space in daily life and, therefore, reduce misunderstandings and difficulties generated in the interaction with others. To continue growing in Knowledge and Being. To develop a strong will to continue applying myself in The Work in order to be a functional, responsible and useful person for others when they need my help. May each day that passes be an opportunity to be better than I was yesterday and take the chance!

To stop being a vector for suffering to manifest itself in this world. We know that suffering is inevitable, and is a fellow traveler in this life. They even say the Cs it activates the DNA. I am referring to the pain caused by that mechanical part that is driven by our programs. To be a better companion for others, this is my purest goal.

I feel pain from the pain I caused others in my past (and in the present if I am not paying attention). I have had to understand that past self and forgive him for his ignorance. But I do not take away the responsibility for his actions. I just say to myself, "Well, I understand that you acted that way because of the kind of programs you had but what you did, at its primary core, the pure act, was selfish. You are responsible. You acted that way out of fear. Now, nowadays, you know about some programs and you will not repeat what you did before. Before you did not know what you were doing, now you know. You have learned what NOT to do. You took the lesson".

Curiously, life puts you in front of the opportunity to check if you really learned the lesson and situations arise to put into practice the knowledge acquired by observation. I can almost hear Life's question: "Did you learn? Well, prove it.":lol::shock:

As I advance in understanding myself, I advance in understanding others. It is directly proportional. Empathy is a state of being that develops with time, effort and the honesty to see into our depths. I know very well that it is easier to say than to do. But, if I do not set a goal, I will hardly have a North towards which to direct myself. We all need a compass that points to the truth. Because the truth... makes us free.

Thank you Ark for the question!

Seems simple but not an easy question... I’m lucky in a sense I’m the happiest person I know...it goes from the inside whatever circumstances, just I was born like this... I see what our reality is but still every day I thank Cosmic mind for giving me this opportunity to learn about myself and the universe better in such an exciting epoch of changes💫 so maybe my aim is to make people around me a little bit happier in this crazy world, to give them warmth and comfort 🌻

Back
Top Bottom