What's your goal?

ark

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
We have the topic "What's your work?" But perhaps it is also interesting to exchange our views on the "meaning of our lives". So, what's your's in your life?

Is it "happiness"? But our enemies also want to be "happy" - just in a different way. Is it happiness of other people? But if we give them happiness, according to how we see it, then they may not be able to find the true meaning of their lives?

So what is your goal in this life?

To Be as much as i can in this life, so i can give as much as i can back to the others in order for them to Be too.

What is your goal in this life Ark?

Huh. This is a little bit of a coincidence. I was going to post the five strivings of Gurdjieff in this section later tonight.

I've been pondering on these five aims....or strivings from Beelzebub's Tales:

All the beings of this planet then began to work in order to have
in their consciousness this Divine function of genuine conscience,
and for this purpose, as everywhere in the Universe,
they transubstantiated in themselves what are called the
"being-obligolnian-strivings" which consist of the following five, namely:

The first striving: to have in their ordinary being-existence everything satisfying and really necessary for their planetary body.

The second striving: to have a constant and unflagging instinctive need for self-perfection in the sense of being.

The third: the conscious striving to know ever more and more concerning the laws of World-creation and World-maintenance.

The fourth: the striving from the beginning of their existence to pay for their arising and their individuality as quickly as possible, in order afterwards to be free to lighten as much as possible the Sorrow of our COMMON FATHER.

And the fifth: the striving always to assist the most rapid perfecting of other beings, both those similar to oneself and those of other forms, up to the degree of the sacred `Martfotai' that is up to the degree of self-individuality.
So in short

1 Stay alive
2 Objectively improve and become consciously aware.
3 Know....... or even better UNDERSTAND the world, past, present and future.
4 Pay for my existence........ (through conscious labour and intentionally suffering?)
5 Teach

My goal used to be "happiness". But then I realized that a mentally ill person can be very "happy" since s/he doesn't know or care about anything else. And I didn't want that kind of "happiness".

My current goal is still happiness, but in an objective sense. Or to put in in a better way, since I don't even know what objective happiness is like, my current goal is to know as much as I can about the world inside and outside myself so that I get closer to that objective happiness.

on the material side:
to find a way to free myself from the necessity of spending 9 hours a day of my time (and considerable energy) working just for basic requirements like rent, food, etc.

generally:
while this life has been very, very good to me, compared to billions of others currently on this planet, i sincerely hope this is my last time on the merry-go-round (incarnation).
i quite enjoyed this level of existence, but i really don't want to have to go though it again - i'm ready to move on.

in the meantime i want to raise my (and other's) awareness as much as possible.

There is more than one answer to this question and some problems.

The term goal presupposes certain linearity and a point of departure. Formulating our goals is problematic considering that my point of departure is obscure. I don't know and understand my current situation deeply enough to engage in any long-term and realistic goal. Nor should I think that everything remains same and my goal doesn't change in a minute when something really affects me - whatever way.

Everything could change. Should I retain my old aim then?

But to try express myself more clearly...

"My" short term goal is to recollect myself, because I have "sinned". The complementary aim to this former one is to study myself during the whole process of recollection and to recapitulate decisive points through which I landed in this more-or-less wilderness.

Through this process I must also contemplate the nature of my immidiate reality - influences that I receive and express through other people and through external engagements.

And I shouldn't forget the laws and nature of our reality and influences coming into being from a scale bigger than our directly perceived reality.

For a conclusion it seems to be correct to mention that these goals are going to be realized in the realm of knowledge.

It means - in an abstract - that my goal is knowledge. (Or understanding with doing in a Fourth Way sense)

This is microcosmic clip of my current situation. But I suppose that it could also be a macrocosmic trailer of a whole film.

Nota bene!

Also other perspectives are certainly valid. Depending on the models and language used.

For example the Gospel of Thomas 18.

The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

From http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

Or if all is one and one is all - then - in an certain perspective there is only one real goal for everybody. This could be expressed as a several arrows starting from the periphery of the sphere and meeting at the centre. From this centre - Seventh Density - you should be able to observe the whole arena...

But there is more to come...

My goal was and usually still is "to learn and to unlearn." While it is vague, I usually have several meanings to it.

My goal right now is to learn. To learn to know myself (my machine) and to learn as much as I can about the world we live in.

1) To assimilate true knowledge, learning to be properly discerning, make the right choices.
2) To replace subjective realities with objective realities.
3) To learn all the lessons for each density.
4) To become STO oriented by DOing "the work".
5) To become colinear with STO in thought and deed.
6) To become a member of 6D, a member teacher.
7) To "return home" with ALL, knowing ALL, and merge with ALL into 7D.

Perhaps a personal goal is related to one’s desire of achievement. A goal may change as knowledge is acquired, assimilated, and incorporated into one’s being. The environment may also alter one’s perspective, and therefore the goals necessary for achievement.

Goals as of Today:
To survive on this BBM, become more aware of possibilities, observe, share, and watch what happens next.
Live with love of life, after all, 'Life is Religion'.
If and when uncomfortable situations arise, live this life hoping/knowing that this instance of reality is temporary, while wishfully thinking that this life is not in a time loop I have no choice in...
After this biological machine expires, go into the afterlife with pertinent questions, carry on the insatiable thirst for the truth, and see what happens.

edit: One more thing... DO the 'best' I can, in making choices, that I don't regretfully look back and think I shoulda, woulda, coulda, didn't...

dant said:
1) To assimilate true knowledge, learning to be properly discerning, make the right choices.
2) To replace subjective realities with objective realities.
3) To learn all the lessons for each density.
4) To become STO oriented by DOing "the work".
5) To become colinear with STO in thought and deed.
6) To become a member of 6D, a member teacher.
7) To "return home" with ALL, knowing ALL, and merge with ALL into 7D.
All dant wrote, but for this particular moment/density/life/planet merged in one word: "Freedom"

Back
Top Bottom