Why did it snow in october?

It just strikes me as a really wild coincidence... or not.

Makes me think about sound or vibration, causing avalanches in the mountains and also about the Walls of Jericho coming down in that old story.

Maybe some trees had become so top heavy that they were on the verge of going over anyway and it only took a tiny vibration more, to bring it about by coincidence.

I thought it was odd that people had noticed this at all, and only mentioned it because several people, from different locations, believe it to be the case.

Wouldn`t have occurred to me to even try knocking a tree over that way, but it sure makes ya wonder if it`s possible to do such a thing.

We lost power for 5 days here in northern NJ. Mostly from tree limbs falling, snapping power lines. I was driving home during the storm and I did not notice any high winds...nor unusual sounds or vibrations. From what I saw, it was primarily the weight of wet snow that caused the damage. And what damage! Huge branches down everywhere. But few if any toppled trees though, at least in my neck of the woods.

Fortunately the temperature stayed above freezing throughout. Nighttime my house got down to the low 40's. The water pipes did not freeze or burst. I had enough fire wood and kept the fireplace going all day for warmth. (The local garden farm took advantage of the emergency and charged twice the normal price for wood). My town opened the elementary school as emergency shelter for the elderly.

My feelings about this event is that it's a foretaste of things to come. Any prolong disruption of the power grid (especially in winter time) will have us in dire straits quickly. We are all so vulnerable really.

FWIF, McCanney made mention of the Jupiter electrical alignment with earth as a possible cause for this strange weather.

Meager1 said:
It just strikes me as a really wild coincidence... or not.

Makes me think about sound or vibration, causing avalanches in the mountains and also about the Walls of Jericho coming down in that old story.

Maybe some trees had become so top heavy that they were on the verge of going over anyway and it only took a tiny vibration more, to bring it about by coincidence.

I thought it was odd that people had noticed this at all, and only mentioned it because several people, from different locations, believe it to be the case.

Wouldn`t have occurred to me to even try knocking a tree over that way, but it sure makes ya wonder if it`s possible to do such a thing.

The bigger question, to me, is "what is going on within the earth and between the earth and the upper atmosphere that could created the conditions for this sort of thing?" If you look at the video about the falling of the giant trees in California, it is just WEIRD... and coming on almost the same day as the storm??? Only without the storm there? Plus, what you mentioned about telephone poles and evergreens going down in the same way.

This strikes me as a really odd situation and, as usual, "inquiring minds want to know..."

This indeed is weird. I can't imagine what could possibly be happening to our environment that would allow such occurrences but the symbology of these trees going down is interesting.

If I'm not mistaken the sequoia represents eternity, longevity, and vast wisdom. So the two falling is not a good omen in my opinion.

This is just my speculation, but looking at it in a sense of current events on our planet, the symbology is even more interesting. Two "giants", that are 1500-2000 years old and connect at the roots, are about to fall suddenly. I'm guessing that perhaps if the psychos in the west do decide to attack Iran and/or Syria, maybe it will lead to a complete collapse of the old USA that has been referred to in the past as a "giant of industry and politics". That is a scary thought as the collapse may lead to a new USA which might want to fully repeat the Germans adventure of unmasked world domination. And weary Americans can possibly really fall for it, as they want to get back to the old glorious past. They will just need one "strong" leader to get the frenzy going by creating some "jobs". Takes a lot of resources and "manufacturing jobs" to take on the rest of the world don't you know.

Well hopefully I'm wrong and way off, but things don't look too great on planet insanity right now.

Wonder if we could search and find any other similar tree-falling events elsewhere?

Laura said:
Wonder if we could search and find any other similar tree-falling events elsewhere?

There is this:

Storm Damages 1,000 Central Park Trees

Central Park resembled a disaster zone Monday, strewn with debris from a freak storm that reportedly destroyed 1,000 trees....

"Not even with a hurricane do you see this," said Donald Gottheimer, 65, who lives a block away from the park and was walking his dog Monday morning. "It looks like chaos."

And there is this earlier item that I posted in another thread. Found it rather symbolic at that time:

National cemetery's centuries-old 'Arlington Oak' which shaded Kennedy's grave site tragically felled by Irene

Arlington National Cemetery officials say a 220-year-old oak tree at the grave site of President John F Kennedy was destroyed in Hurricane Irene last weekend.

The historical 'Arlington Oak' stood through the construction of Arlington House, the pre-Civil War home of Confederate General Robert E Lee, and the creation of the cemetery in 1864.

The majestic tree, among five fallen at the national cemetery, shaded visitors to the Kennedy grave site for 48 years.[...]

Added: Here are two additional stories about giant trees falling on houses (with videos).
_http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8411758
_http://www.news10.net/news/article/158494/2/Giant-pine-tree-falls-on-Carmichael-apartment

Tried to look in other places around the world, but found only reference to the falling sequoias.

Happyville said:
In 1986 in Calgary before moving, a Chinook wind was blowing hard in mid October with a warm westerly flow - it was in the mid 20's c (70's). To the North, a massive black cold front ridge stretching from west to east pushed down and withing a very short time period the temperature went from those mid 20's to minus -20's. Note: "Halley's comet appeared in the inner Solar System in 1986"

Calgary is in Chinook valley and has been for-ever - I am not sure the comet has anything to do with the Chinook!

That is correct, Chinooks are a factor throughout the year there and the comet reference was a curiosity. However, the quote intent was about this:

Laura said:
There is a whole lot of weird stuff going on and has been for years really kicking off back in 1985, (earlier, really, but that's when I sat up and paid attention!)

In that aspect, both events there, in that western region of Canada, happened back to back around that time and have not been repeated since or generally prior that I could ascertain based on observation and the local tree growth cycles and damage (flash freeze shock) – should have added these points.

A few years following, in April/May, a winter storm hit that snapped telephone poles like tooth-picks - thousands of them it seemed as well as steel transmission towers being folded over like they were tinfoil - yup, took notice then.

Also very normal (although extremely dangerous) is freezing rain - which is a danger in March April and May because its a transitional spring weather period for the central / eastern Canada ! Kids don't go to school when there is a chance of freezing rain!

You are again correct about eastern Canada; ice storms can be annual events with the deciduous trees becoming very hazardous – especially if leafed out. At that time described, in the prairies, not since or before (at least as far as the electrical infrastructure was installed) had a blizzard happened to such a degree; so in that respect, it was not normal for there, imo.

May 13 http://www.dandantheweatherman.com/cantriv.html

1986 One of southern Alberta's worst spring storms produced blizzards and 80km/h winds.

http://www.rockyviewweekly.com/article/20110427/RVW0302/304279937

Many people in southern Alberta remember the storm of May 13-14, 1986. One Airdrie family will never forget it.

Then this was recalled:

http://www.ec.gc.ca/meteo-weather/default.asp?lang=En&n=6A4A3AC5-1

Blizzards in Southern Alberta - April 17-20 and 27-29, 1967. A series of intense winter storms dropped a record 175 cm (~ 6 feet) of snow on southern Alberta. Thousands of cattle, unable to forage for food in the deep snow, perished on the open range. Army units were dispatched to assist in snow clearing, while food, fuel and feed were airlifted into the province.

Not sure if there are folks here that recall 'The Great Blizzard of 1977', in Pennsylvania, but it was intense and not exactly normal; worth watching for a few sec/minutes to get a sense of its intensity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL7eXnIqUV4&feature=related

Without knowing exactly the conditions that created that storm, this was noted as an aside:

Comets of 1977 – there were 31 comets under observation and 8 new short period comets given designation – Chiron was also first found.

http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-iarticle_query?letter=.&classic=YES&bibcode=1985QJRAS..26...81M&page=&type=SCREEN_VIEW&data_type=PDF_HIGH&send=GET&filetype=.pdf

Back
Top Bottom