Why G said Change is impossible. Some observations and thoughts.

Many people have this same experience with reading. Barring any unrecognized reading disability, two things are often happening. One, not everyone "sees" in their heads what they read with a movie-like quality, and because of this they often become distracted and do not remember what they have just read. I read just about every book except light novels for fun, as if it is a textbook for school. I annotate in the margins my responses and questions to the material and I highlight what appears to be the most important points. I also will sometimes write a few words or a phrase at the top of the page like a chapter heading to remind me what that page was about. Although this is slow reading at first , it helps people stay focused and present, and it does become second nature after a while. This technique is also really helpful when you want to go back and review a text. For those of you who have a hard time marking up your books, think of them as "tools" that must be "used" to meet your goals. Good reading!
shellycheval
Funny, I just bought and sent a copy of "The Wave" to a friend that lives too far to have frequent conversations with so I asked her to highlight and annotate on the pages. I'm planning to have her send it to another friend who will do the same and then send it to me which should make for an even more interesting read the second time 'round. It's as close to a conversation as I can get with like minded friends.

Back
Top Bottom