Women who seek knowledge

Sybil

Jedi
One significant part of why the Wave books are so appealing to me is the fact, that it is a woman, a mother who is in the quest for knowledge. It is not easy for women and as history proves that it was dangerous for women to seek objective knowledge. While females had a hard time getting any closer to knowledge, it was almost impossible for mothers. Looking after the house, the children, the husband... if one actually survived the childbearing age.
After one LBL (Life Between Life) session I felt one of my past life. I felt because this is the only way I can describe it. I was a young woman, holding a baby in my arms to wave goodbye to my husband who would go to the war on the side of Napoleon. He never came back and I died with my baby. We starved to death. I felt that pain. I can still feel it. It is still echoing in my soul. I know it was countless lives full of pain as a mother who lost her child. I wonder how many of us, mothers, carry this unspoken pain inside. I'm am not a feminist, (I don't believe in 'ism' s) but the history of humankind was not kind to women and mothers. It is a difficult path for women to seek out knowledge and even more difficult to apply the knowledge when one has to cook, clean, and look after the children. Men had the 'luxury' to travel, study, engage in politics, while women were restricted in every possible way.
Only in recent times, women had equal rights to pursue their interests freely. However, social dogmas and expectations still apply. I was born and grew up in a country where young women had to grab a man quickly and keep them satisfied in the marriage because if they don't another younger and prettier woman will steal the man. There was no place for women who want to study and seek knowledge.
I can relate so much to Laura's story. I'm only on the second W. book but looking forward to reading Amazing Grace soon. Just like Laura, I felt the pain of humankind going through me after the birth of my son and I still feel it. It was part of the awakening process. Countless nights on the internet researching, made me question the true nature of our world. Now, I could never see the world the same way as I saw before. This new knowledge is pushing me to uncharted roads and painful self-discovery. It is unnerving.

In this thread, I would like to start a conversation with women, mothers on their experience on the path of seeking knowledge.

@Sybill:
First of all I would like to acknowledge that you have stated your opinion and that takes a bit of courage and as you may not particularly like what I have to say, you may use this opportunity to possibly change your disposition a little bit.

I am not a woman with kids but I am a man with a wife and child. I do not think it is very conducive to search for objective knowledge by trying to limit who may or may not respond. The fact that you particularly wanted this thread to be a discussion amongst mothers is restricting and has a bit of a stench of a “safe space”. The idea of a safe space has the idea of combating past injustices with present injustices. FWI this is a common idea within the ideologies of the social justice left. For example Ibram X Kendi in his book “How to be an Antiracist” states that past discrimination can only be fought with present racism and present discrimination can only be fought with future discrimination. I cannot recommend NOT reading that book highly enough 🤮. It’s important to be aware when we are transferring bad ideas into practice. It is equally wrong to do this with sexism as well.

I don’t think that Laura’s work is particularly important due to her gender. Her work is important because she did the work. She did this while raising a family with all the duties that entails. This is no different from anyone else. Any woman can get a library card and get as educated as one would like and this has been true for longer than any of us have been alive. To me it doesn’t matter if I’m inspired by Jordan Peterson or LKJ. What matters is that these people, and there are many others of both genders that have put the time in to get educated and to aim at the highest good.

You made the claim to not be a feminist and yet I noticed that you are quite mad at men, in fact so much so that you are resenting them for what may have happened to you in a past life which you have compounded on to your suffering in this life. Has it occurred to you that men have not exactly had a good time historically as well? Have you considered that you have probably also been a man in a past life...or many?

You gave a rather simplistic view of men when you mentioned them in your society. I think your characterization is based on selective thinking. There is a biological reality that men like young attractive women but surely there is more to us than that.

Finally, if you think that women are unjustly represented within the relevant intellectual and spiritual domains it may not be due to oppression. Maybe more women need to awaken a desire within them to do better rather than justifying their mediocre lives by blaming a boogeyMAN that might not really exist.

Yes, we could go about in circles criticizing the past but that isn’t as helpful as we want it to be and as far as I can tell it’s often not relevant.

@Sybill:
First of all I would like to acknowledge that you have stated your opinion and that takes a bit of courage and as you may not particularly like what I have to say, you may use this opportunity to possibly change your disposition a little bit.

I am not a woman with kids but I am a man with a wife and child. I do not think it is very conducive to search for objective knowledge by trying to limit who may or may not respond. The fact that you particularly wanted this thread to be a discussion amongst mothers is restricting and has a bit of a stench of a “safe space”. The idea of a safe space has the idea of combating past injustices with present injustices. FWI this is a common idea within the ideologies of the social justice left. For example Ibram X Kendi in his book “How to be an Antiracist” states that past discrimination can only be fought with present racism and present discrimination can only be fought with future discrimination. I cannot recommend NOT reading that book highly enough 🤮. It’s important to be aware when we are transferring bad ideas into practice. It is equally wrong to do this with sexism as well.

I don’t think that Laura’s work is particularly important due to her gender. Her work is important because she did the work. She did this while raising a family with all the duties that entails. This is no different from anyone else. Any woman can get a library card and get as educated as one would like and this has been true for longer than any of us have been alive. To me it doesn’t matter if I’m inspired by Jordan Peterson or LKJ. What matters is that these people, and there are many others of both genders that have put the time in to get educated and to aim at the highest good.

You made the claim to not be a feminist and yet I noticed that you are quite mad at men, in fact so much so that you are resenting them for what may have happened to you in a past life which you have compounded on to your suffering in this life. Has it occurred to you that men have not exactly had a good time historically as well? Have you considered that you have probably also been a man in a past life...or many?

You gave a rather simplistic view of men when you mentioned them in your society. I think your characterization is based on selective thinking. There is a biological reality that men like young attractive women but surely there is more to us than that.

Finally, if you think that women are unjustly represented within the relevant intellectual and spiritual domains it may not be due to oppression. Maybe more women need to awaken a desire within them to do better rather than justifying their mediocre lives by blaming a boogeyMAN that might not really exist.

Yes, we could go about in circles criticizing the past but that isn’t as helpful as we want it to be and as far as I can tell it’s often not relevant.
Dear Henchman 21.
I have nothing against what you have to say. On the contrary. I have nothing against a man who would like to start a conversation with other men on the experiences they have through seeking knowledge. I promise I would not feel left out and wounded. I could not imagine using these words: 'stench', 'discrimination', 'sexism', just
I have a Masters in Ancient History. History is factual. (as factual could be) Societal expectations on gender roles were also factual. I don't blame man for anything.

Hello Sybill,

If I can make a suggestion, and if not noticed prior, Laura started a thread on Romance - Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work sometime ago, which has been shared with both woman and men alike. The thread has a specific purpose, which you can read as explained by Laura, and much of it deals with some of what you are speaking of, the triggers and traumas in life and past lives.

This may be helpful or not.

On the contrary. I have nothing against a man who would like to start a conversation with other men on the experiences they have through seeking knowledge. I promise I would not feel left out and wounded.

Yes, and as @Henchaman 21 noted (since there is work in balancing the feminine and masculine), there is always an opportunity to be open to what each have to say, from their own prospectives, as your reply seems to say.

@Sybill, your post opened many corners I forgot about. I have never done a LBL, but I can say that my first life was up untill 14 years of age, my second life was untill 25 and my third life ended some 15 year later. I am in my fourth life and I am looking forward to my fifth. In every life I had at least one critical aspect I had to volens nolens (like it or not) consciously give up and wise up about it in order to not lose my sanity and make everyone else suffer in the process.
The depths of a woman soul can be found in her eyes. It‘s a real pitty that no man has yet survived to tell how deep that is.
I also admire Laura for her amazing wisdom and grace.
Live long and prosper.

I don’t think that Laura’s work is particularly important due to her gender. Her work is important because she did the work. She did this while raising a family with all the duties that entails. This is no different from anyone else. Any woman can get a library card and get as educated as one would like and this has been true for longer than any of us have been alive.
The next time you have some time take your CV and your wife’s CV and look at ‘library card’ gaps. You are tuned, naturally on a different frequency. However, your protective wisdom should give you the capacity of respect and consideration to any protected bringing value into the world.
If you don’t rezonate, the noble way is to let it pas with a nod and a smile.

@Sybill, your post opened many corners I forgot about. I have never done a LBL, but I can say that my first life was up untill 14 years of age, my second life was untill 25 and my third life ended some 15 year later. I am in my fourth life and I am looking forward to my fifth. In every life I had at least one critical aspect I had to volens nolens (like it or not) consciously give up and wise up about it in order to not lose my sanity and make everyone else suffer in the process.
The depths of a woman soul can be found in her eyes. It‘s a real pitty that no man has yet survived to tell how deep that is.
I also admire Laura for her amazing wisdom and grace.
Live long and prosper.
I remembered another life when I was a young man dying alone, but that life in Napoleonic France really broke my heart. I really loved my husband and he died, and me and my baby too. It was heartbreaking.

I remembered another life when I was a young man dying alone, but that life in Napoleonic France really broke my heart. I really loved my husband and he died, and me and my baby too. It was heartbreaking.
Some times it is better to keep the past lives in the subconscious. You are here because you have past that experience. I think your session must have been cut too short and really traumatising. You must be careful should you want to pursue further reexperiencing of past lives. What is importtant is for you not let past wounds open and take over your present.
Having said that, In my third life my husband was away 10 years out of 15. Both young geos, I was ‘holding the fort’ playing single mom, for three months at a time with two weeks married in between. Always talking about dad to keep the image alive. Always shifting authority when he was around. There is no comparison to your memory but I can relate to being alone and thinking of my husband being away. Maybe my first and second life experiences provided a fool’s fearless attitude. It was tough as I was switching between two mental states trying to be true to myself and not harbor any ill feelings.
So try to imagine the alternative of losing to having but never quite reaching.

I cannot overstate the concern I have in analyzing “the work” through an intersectional lens.
Do not let your concern run along artificial nomenclatures. Intersectional lens is a meaningless metaphorical construct. At best it should be used as intersected / convergent over emphasized views. ‘The work’ as personal endeavor can and will derive valuable output directed to those around, but that is not a guaranteed effect, not when one is in the experience or deep learning phase which is usually frustrating painfull and often fruitless. It takes personal dedication, perseverence and courage to follow own path, up to the point when one discovers the road travelled.
You really not need to be concerned.

I am a woman and a mother but I would kind of slant towards what @Henchman 21 is saying… Besides if we are talking about past lives and the like everyone on this forum may have been a woman and a mother in some lifetime. So perhaps everyone has felt all of the feelings and had all of the experiences in both genders.
My 2 cents. I really don’t care about past reincarnations. I am pretty sure I had a fair share of pain, grief, joy, happiness, highs, lows etc in both male and female configurations. Memories are in my subconscious or packed away. In my current incarnation my mission is to learn and apply myself the best I can so this wealth of experience be added to the other.
Actually that was a 1 cent.

I
Do not let your concern run along artificial nomenclatures. Intersectional lens is a meaningless metaphorical construct. At best it should be used as intersected / convergent over emphasized views. ‘The work’ as personal endeavor can and will derive valuable output directed to those around, but that is not a guaranteed effect, not when one is in the experience or deep learning phase which is usually frustrating painfull and often fruitless. It takes personal dedication, perseverence and courage to follow own path, up to the point when one discovers the road travelled.
You really not need to be concerned.
I’ve studied the “woke” extensively. I know it when I see it and I’m seeing it. And yes this is our concern.

I

I’ve studied the “woke” extensively. I know it when I see it and I’m seeing it. And yes this is our concern.
Then ask politely but directly whether the initial message had a ‘woke’ background. Your interpretation should seek validation and not be used as an assumption based on your theoretical and even practical experience.

Then ask politely but directly whether the initial message had a ‘woke’ background. Your interpretation should seek validation and not be used as an assumption based on your theoretical and even practical experience.
I don’t need to ask if the message has a “woke” background. It does. It’s intention is found in the last paragraph.

The author might not realize this but it’s right there.

You’ve talked down to me on a few occasions now, treating me as if I am not capable of civil discourse. If you would like to refute what I have said or if you are willing to tell me which books I should get from the library I would be happy to listen.

Back
Top Bottom