Women who seek knowledge

This is my understanding, too. From here one can read:

There is also this on her CIA connections.

On indoctrination. It's very sad. And it's very true.
A little anecdote from today:
I took my little boy on a shopping trip to the local European deli. On the way, we saw these little children, aged between 1 and 2. It was a daily walk for one of the local nurseries. My little one ( 3 and a half ) waved them and said hello. None of them acknowledged him. He looked puzzled and said: 'They looking sad.'
Indeed they looked miserable. They looked like sad little slaves on the chain dragged by strangers to places they don't want to be.
I told my boy: 'They are sad bc they want to be with their mummy.'
Why do those little souls have to be away from mummy for the best part of the day? Because mummy has to work in order to pay the bills. And while they working daddy state will teach them how to behave, what to say, and how to obey.

So true! I saw soo many wives belittle themselves in order to fan their husband's ego. They just cannot look smarter than their husbands. It's a real thing in many societies.
Exactly! I remember being called aside as a teen by my mother for a "talk". She was a registered nurse who gave up her career to raise the family. My father was 22 years older and had an 8th grade education. The talk that day included instruction for being a good wife. She made it clear that a woman must pretend to let the guy be smarter than she even if she didn't feel that way inside. "Men like to feel they are smarter" was her shared wisdom that day.

Exactly! I remember being called aside as a teen by my mother for a "talk". She was a registered nurse who gave up her career to raise the family. My father was 22 years older and had an 8th grade education. The talk that day included instruction for being a good wife. She made it clear that a woman must pretend to let the guy be smarter than she even if she didn't feel that way inside. "Men like to feel they are smarter" was her shared wisdom that day.

Dear men of this forum. Please don't be offended in any way. It is not against you as men here, or any men anywhere. The women here only discuss the realities of how they grew up in relation to female knowledge and education. These limiting ideas were reinforced by women as much as by men.

while they working daddy state will teach them how to behave, what to say, and how to obey.

One effect of the recent covid nonsense and the fear it has inspired in so many that I noticed is that the people who are afraid are, more often than not, responding to the state as if it were their 'mommy' rather than their 'daddy'. So under covid, it seems to me that the state has taken on a 'motherly' role (caring and nurturing against the 'scary virus') in the hearts and minds of many rather than a fatherly one. A fatherly one would, IMO, have tended to encourage people to get a grip on themselves and face their fears rather than cowering.

Last edited:
Dear men of this forum. Please don't be offended in any way.

Responding to such by being 'offended' would, IMO, be the opposite of being a man. :-D In any case, this discussion is not really about subjective personal experiences of women per se, but that women can share their personal, subjective experiences in order to look at and consider them in a more objective way, with some helpful input from others. Objective truth is genderless.

The plan behind covid seems so nefarious like looking into a very deep and dark well with crumbling edges. It plays on fear. It plays on division. Grown-up people behave like little frightened children or push-button teenagers. People are like ragdolls, without spines.

Responding to such by being 'offended' would, IMO, be the opposite of being a man. :-D In any case, this discussion is not really about subjective personal experiences of women per se, but that women can share their personal, subjective experiences in order to look at and consider them in a more objective way, with some helpful input from others. Objective truth is genderless.
I just wanted to make sure no one would misunderstand. :)

To me as a man, it's always interesting to see female perspective on anything. It gives my worldview another dimension، that from the position of opposite sex. It also helps with developing empathy and external considering being able to walk in someone else's shoes.

Insights from the topic are valuable.

p.s. It's asked somewhere earlier in the topic why there are more male than female contributors to the forum and the answer might be in biological differences. Men score higher in extroversion in big 5, which means it's easier for us to be assertive and express opinions.

Dear women and men, men and women. I also felt somewhat triggered and found myself sensing some wokeness and victimhood and an endless competition and futile verbal back/forth of “who suffered the most”. As was said: we probably all had various incarnations and hence had plenty of lives to endure as men as well as women in various settings. And we here know: all there is is lesson.

It is important to see and experience the various disadvantages but also advantages both genders encounter. There are so many variables, though: country, era, family, physical/mental etc. fitness. Those in the Work we will have gone through various types of additional suffering and arduous seeking to distinguish between false and real suffering, for example. And it sure has been making a lot of sense to me when I remember Gurdjieff/Ouspensky stating something along the lines of: people are prepared to give up all sorts of things but not their (false) suffering.

It seems we generally love to wallow in our suffering and it’s hard to break that. One can endlessly talk and write about it: even in a resolved sounding fashion and with a lot of insight, but life throws us many tests and before we know it we may resort to old strategies and coping mechanisms: blaming, shaming, victimhood, envy, jealousy, passive aggressiveness etc. are never as far away as I like to think. I put a lot of my many processes into arty fragment form (more my forte than linear writing) and like to call it “walking in as many moccasins as I could possibly muster” but I mean to be careful not to hijack his thread with my works.

I hope it’s fitting enough for this thread to share one of my more linear works here. It is a text I wrote quite a while ago (in light of past lives as opposed to where I am in this life). Bear with me - as the contemplation unfolds, the woman relevance gets clearer:

So here is the text:
Let me - for the sake of argument - contemplate this as a hypothesis:

Gayness in my past life (whether true or not seems less important than what I may be learning from it)

A lot would make sense. Why was I so inordinately interested in gayness? Why did I read many a book by them, watched films, listened intensly to gay songs, felt for their being missunderstood and rejected etc. Felt gay love to be higher, better, more beautiful than hetero-love.

Why did I love this gay teacher so much? I loved him and often felt confused - forgetting that I was a woman (though not wishing to be a man myself). Admiring him for loving men and not falling for women. Not being trapped by women but at the same time being a woman and being in a woman’s body and all the emotional set up that a woman experiences. I cannot say that I wanted to have a man’s body but I sure recall wanting to have the playful lightness and shruggy “don’t care”-attitude so prevalent among men who don’t feel its their job to look after everyone’s (emotional) needs. Though I have to say I also felt deeply for the emotional pain of others! Far too much so. Which may be at least one reason- though by no means an excuse - for “jumping out” (overwhelmed by others’ pain).

The child in an adult body, the playfulness, the comics, superman etc. versus household chores, cooking, changing nappies .

Yearning to occupy oneself with ”more important” but also: lighter things.

Oh yes.

Confused. But also not at all.

Tidy clean scrub.

Learning to care about women by being a woman, by learning - the hard way - what it’s like to have to go through all things woman.

It would make sense for me to think I might have been a gay man and perhaps for several lives.

Also: my strange moves, my searches, my going all over the place, my deep feeling for others but at the same time feeling trapped and scared and freaked out by all the demanding, disappointed, pained emotions coming my way and even more: my own very demanding emotions that - one might say- I was totally unfamiliar with. It’s like: o.k. I run away from the overbearing emotional demands and chains only to find out that I myself am wired that way and have to find a way of healthifying them.

Again: as if I was still kind of confusing myself for a gay man and relating to being one while at the same time experiencing my strange (kind of more male typical) moves as a woman with all the dire consequences that resulted from that. So: not understanding that my way of doing things clash with a woman’s emotional and physical make up. So: doing male things but paying for the wrong moves as a woman (does that make any sense?).

It’s as if I had to learn, really really learn what it’s like to be a woman with a woman’s body and realizing what it means for a woman to be a woman.

Learning - slowly slowly - to be more compassionate towards women. Not that gay men aren’t. We often feel: on the contrary: of all the men, they are often the ones who really feel for women but they are also often scared esless of women’s bonding emotions gone wrong: the possessive/devouring emotions. That’s perhaps why there is often a - what I call - almost cruel cut off point. All the understanding for women and feeling for them makes neglected, possessive women want to attach themselves more and more to their consolers. The problem is: a gay may be understanding but he is usually also repelled by the sexuality of a woman. He does not want to “go there”. So that understanding that many women crave and get from gays only goes so far and then there is no fullfilment, which may possibly be worse than not getting to that point of feeling understood. Because it does not go all the way. So gays, while often being far more understanding, do not have to solidly/reliably be there for the women and bear them on a daily basis. That’s where long suffering hetero man comes in. A loyal - even if sometimes less emotionally understanding - hetero will go to great lengths to be there for his woman. He wants to be with her. He goes all the way and puts up with everything that needs to be put up with as best as he can but many a woman will make him feel he is not available, understanding enough. Women are usually (emotionally) super demanding.

I have often seen it: a gay man being so very understanding of a woman’s plight and woes to the point of hyper-empathizing, then getting scared and panicked and “SLAM” EMERGENCY EXIT! The door is slammed shut, the gay must recover from near annihilation, find his own self, his emotions, his separateness from the devouring female. PHEW!

So in my case again: I run, I slam, I hide, I send women (and men) on wild goose chases so as to have a bit of breathing space, of separateness, of feeling myself and just as I am starting to feel fine and dandy in my hide-y space, the shock of shocks hits me: I am my own chainer, I am my own overbearing female, the neglected, disappointed, tearful, chainy, possessive, jealously guarding ENEMY!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

AAAAARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I cannot hide and shut out the WOMAN - I have to befriend her. I myself am one in this life and it’s just not constructive to antagonize, to flee from myself.

I am that which I am afraid of…..Arrrrghhhhh!

Yea and women are so possessive —— noooooooo- I AM (sometimes)

Yea and women are so bitchy and backbiting - NNNNNNOOOO - I AM (sometimes)

Yea and women are so manipulative and passive aggressive - NNNNNNNNOOOO - I AM (sometimes

Yea and women… can be so sweet and loving and warm and understanding and allowing and supportive and… (sometimes)

Learning realer, more reality abiding compassion.

For male and female, actually.

Ah, that’s why women are so difficult. O.k.

Ah, that’s why men are so difficult. O.k.

Ah, now I understand more and more and more. Ah, now I cannot so easily point fingers (sometimes) hm.

That's preposterous! :lol:
but why? look at this from the wikipedia page of big 5.

Gender differencesEdit
Some cross-cultural research has shown some patterns of gender differences on responses to the NEO-PI-R and the Big Five Inventory.[122][123] For example, women consistently report higher Neuroticism, Agreeableness, warmth (an extraversion facet) and openness to feelings, and men often report higher assertiveness (a facet of extraversion) and openness to ideas as assessed by the NEO-PI-R.[124]

Well, nobody ever told me this. I grew up in a household led by my grandfather who was a super smart engineer. So I guess I was conditioned for smartness to be attractive. My ex had a veneer of being 'smart' created by him talking a lot and parroting National Geographic. So, I got fooled.

I did learn in high school that guys didn't go out with smart girls, but they sure liked to sit next to me or behind me on test days.

p.s. It's asked somewhere earlier in the topic why there are more male than female contributors to the forum and the answer might be in biological differences. Men score higher in extroversion in big 5, which means it's easier for us to be assertive and express opinions.

I cannot speak for others, but in my case, when I was young, I had some much to do around the family and work, that I was terribly tired all the time. Besides it take a certain level of spiritual maturity to arrive here. I'm an older mommy (49) now. I made conscious decisions to quit the hamster wheel and dedicate myself to things that are truly important in life. Being with my little boy, working on my spiritual development, and expanding my academic knowledge. I wasn't mature enough in my younger years to see through the illusion.

but why? look at this from the wikipedia page of big 5.

Gender differencesEdit
Some cross-cultural research has shown some patterns of gender differences on responses to the NEO-PI-R and the Big Five Inventory.[122][123] For example, women consistently report higher Neuroticism, Agreeableness, warmth (an extraversion facet) and openness to feelings, and men often report higher assertiveness (a facet of extraversion) and openness to ideas as assessed by the NEO-PI-R.[124]

Sorry, joke was too subtle. You said it's easier for men to be assertive and express opinions. I responded assertively expressing my opinion that you were wrong. My two word response/argument that facetiously sought to prove your point wrong proved it correct (on purpose, hence the joke, supposedly!)

Last edited:
Sorry, joke was too subtle. You said it's easier for men to be assertive and express opinions. I responded assertively expressing my opinion that you were wrong. My two word response/argument that facetiously sought to prove your point wrong proved it correct (on purpose, hence the joke, supposedly!)
OMG....is this an example in real life of this thing that is called “man-splaining” ?(Sorry...not sorry!) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom