Word Puns & Associations - An Exercise In Divergent Thinking

bngenoh

The Living Force
Yo Everyone,

Since Daenerys said that she was going through a word pun phase, I am betting that others are as well. So I am starting this thread so we can all conspire. ;) But first some definitions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divergent_thinking said:
Divergent thinking is a thought process or method used to generate creative ideas by exploring many possible solutions. It is often used in conjunction with convergent thinking, which follows a particular set of logical steps to arrive at one solution, which in some cases is a "correct" solution. Divergent thinking typically occurs in a spontaneous, free-flowing manner, such that many ideas are generated in an emergent cognitive fashion. Many possible solutions are explored in a short amount of time, and unexpected connections are drawn. After the process of divergent thinking has been completed, ideas and information are organized and structured using convergent thinking.

And
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_and_crystallized_intelligence said:
Fluid intelligence or fluid reasoning is the capacity to think logically and solve problems in novel situations, independent of acquired knowledge. It is the ability to analyze novel problems, identify patterns and relationships that underpin these problems and the extrapolation of these using logic. It is necessary for all logical problem solving, especially scientific, mathematical and technical problem solving. Fluid reasoning includes inductive reasoning and deductive reasoning.

Crystallized intelligence is the ability to use skills, knowledge, and experience. It should not be equated with memory or knowledge, but it does rely on accessing information from long-term memory.

Crystallized intelligence is one’s lifetime or intellectual achievement, as demonstrated largely through one's vocabulary and general knowledge. This improves somewhat with age, as experiences tend to expand one's knowledge.

The terms are somewhat misleading because one is not a "crystallized" form of the other. Rather, they are believed to be separate neural and mental systems. Crystallized intelligence is indicated by a person's depth and breadth of general knowledge, vocabulary, and the ability to reason using words and numbers. It is the product of educational and cultural experience in interaction with fluid intelligence.

Fluidity is a property of liquids, as in liquid crystals:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal said:
Liquid crystals (LCs) are a state of matter that have properties between those of a conventional liquid and those of a solid crystal. For instance, an LC may flow like a liquid, but its molecules may be oriented in a crystal-like way.

So let's develop liquid crystalline intelligence. ;)
  • Current: As in electricity, current events, etc, it conveys the meaning of a process in the present, expanded present anyone?
  • Believing: Be living in a lie

Just to start us off. But we shouldn't limit ourselves to the English language, so long as the terms are clearly defined. As an example:
  • Mchuganji, a Swahili word denoting a care taker, guardian, one who keeps, etc. A book that my niece has with the word, had it in conjunction with a shepherd, ie one who takes care of their flock. Cain and Abel anyone?

Cain and Abel:
Laura said:
June 21, 1997
Frank, Laura, Alice

[...]

Q: Well, I think that a HUGE key is in the tracking of the languages...
A: The roots of all languages are identical...

Q: What do you mean?
A: Your origin.

Q: You mean Atlantis?
A: Is that your origin?

Q: You mean Orion?
A: Interesting the word root similarity, yes?

Q: Well, the word root similarities of a LOT of things are VERY interesting! It is AMAZING the things I have discovered by tracking word roots...
A: The architects of your languages left clues aplenty. And, you have the rare opportunity to learn far more of this by being taught to speak and understand other languages. WE suggest you work to penetrate the STS implanted resistance in this area.

Q: One thing I do want to understand, since it is involved in all of this, is the idea of the 'Shepherd.' All of the ancient legends and stories and myths lead, ultimately, to something about the 'shepherd,' or the 'Shepherd King.'
A: Shepherd is most likely to be struck by lightning, due to staff, and thus "enlightened," or "illumened!!"

Q: Funny spelling! But, what is the contrast between the concept of the shepherd and the agriculturalist? This goes back to the very roots of everything? There is Cain and Abel, Jacob and Esau, Isaac and Ishmael...
A: Are not you "abel" to figure this out?

Q: Well, I have some ideas about it, but some of them seem so bizarre! For example: the first letter of the Greek alphabet is alpha, which has the 'a' sound, and the first letter of the Elder Futhark is a rune with an 'f' sound. However, they both claim to represent 'cattle,' or 'movable' goods...
A: Have you not learned to explore your ideas without prejudice?

Q: Yes, to a great extent. But every once in a while I get really stuck because some of the things that are emerging from this are so incredible that I just get stopped and need a kick to get over the block... C*** and I have talked about creating a database for the ancient things and putting together some clear plastic overlays on which we are going to chart the key elements and try to put a 'body' together, so to speak... We want to see what repeats over and over, and how it repeats...
A: Good!

Re: Word puns - An Exercise In Divergent Thinking

LOL, this will be a fun thread. Ok I'll play. :)

Q: Funny spelling! But, what is the contrast between the concept of the shepherd and the agriculturalist? This goes back to the very roots of everything? There is Cain and Abel, Jacob and Esau, Isaac and Ishmael...
A: Are not you "abel" to figure this out?

Of course we are "able", LOL

"Cane" is also sugar which is grown as a crop and feels very good but is very bad for you. Raising Cain? lol Also, cane sugar and slavery went hand in hand.

Also "smith," from Semitic stem q-y-n "to form, to fashion - Smith from the matrix, anyone? ( etymology)

from Celt. cathan, lit. "warrior," from cath "battle.

ADDED- Also I caint do it ( southern slang) vs Im able to do it

Added again- cocaine and novacain

And also- also cayman, 1570s, from Port. or Sp. caiman, from a Carib word, or perhaps from a Congo African word applied to the reptiles in the new world by African slaves. "The name appears to be one of those like anaconda and bom, boma, which the Portuguese or Spaniards very early caught up in one part of the world, and naturalized in another."

I just thought of another one:

The parable of the "mustered"seed

:D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Those are good one's Daenerys,

Towa, a Swahili word meaning to take out. It can also be written as toa and interestingly we have this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toa said:
Toa is a Polynesian word for warrior.

It is conjugated in terms of the present as toe or towe, as in "e toe," meaning, take it out. Toe is interesting, because that is the acronym for Theory of Everything:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything said:
A theory of everything (ToE) or final theory is a putative theory of theoretical physics that fully explains and links together all known physical phenomena, and predicts the outcome of any experiment that could be carried out in principle.

Also toe, as in the appendages on the foot, it is interesting in terms of Castaneda and our field of awareness being reduced to basically little flickers on the feet, and warriors recovering their energy, resulting in the growth of their field.

bngenoh said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Those are good one's Daenerys,

Towa, a Swahili word meaning to take out. It can also be written as toa and interestingly we have this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toa said:
Toa is a Polynesian word for warrior.

It is conjugated in terms of the present as toe or towe, as in "e toe," meaning, take it out. Toe is interesting, because that is the acronym for Theory of Everything:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything said:
A theory of everything (ToE) or final theory is a putative theory of theoretical physics that fully explains and links together all known physical phenomena, and predicts the outcome of any experiment that could be carried out in principle.

Also toe, as in the appendages on the foot, it is interesting in terms of Castaneda and our field of awareness being reduced to basically little flickers on the feet, and warriors recovering their energy, resulting in the growth of their field.

And the letters rearranged = TAO!

One more-

Mustang- Wild horse. Horses are related to emotions.

Broken down can be seen as Must anguish or Must anger

or can change around slightly to Most angelic

From etymology- related to:

angina 1570s, from L. angina "infection of the throat," from Gk. ankhone "a strangling" probably influenced in Latin by angere "to throttle." Angina pectoris is from 1744, from L. pectoris, gen. of pectus "chest."

angle "to fish with a hook," mid-15c., from O.E. angel (n.) "angle, hook, fishhook," related to anga "hook," from PIE *ang-/*ank- "to bend" (see angle (n.)). Cf. O.E. angul, O.N. öngull, O.H.G. angul, Ger. Angel "fishhook." Figurative sense is recorded from 1580s.

Daenerys said:
One more-

Or muster, as in to bring out, gather, summon. ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/muster said:
Origin: 1250–1300; Middle English mostren (v.) < Old French mostrer < Latin mōnstrāre to show, derivative of mōnstrum portent; see monster

bngenoh said:
Daenerys said:
One more-

Or muster, as in to bring out, gather, summon. ;)

[url=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/muster said:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/muster[/url]]
Origin: 1250–1300; Middle English mostren (v.) < Old French mostrer < Latin mōnstrāre to show, derivative of mōnstrum portent; see monster

We could take it down further and say-

Must- required vs Mussed- made messy ;D

Now we have urge as in purge, the way it is spoken, sounds a lot like perge as in person + urge = perge, as in only a person, that is a WHO, ie an I, :lol: can purge:
Laura said:
Q: What is the distinction between union with the One and God?
A: Only at 7th density is God unified.

Q: When God 'disunifies,' or 'destabilizes,' or 'disperses,' where, and I know 'where' is not the right term, what density is then manifested?
A: Wrong concept totally.

Q: What is the RIGHT concept?
A: Well, first of all, God does not destabilize or disperse, for that matter. Purge the linear inner concept.

Purge:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/purge?s=t said:
Origin: 1250–1300; (v.) Middle English purgen < Old French purg ( i ) er < Latin pūrgāre to cleanse; (noun) Middle English < Old French, derivative of the v.

Person:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/person?s=t said:
Origin: 1175–1225; Middle English persone < Latin persōna role (in life, a play, or a tale) ( Late Latin: member of the Trinity), orig. actor's mask < Etruscan phersu (< Greek prósōpa face, mask) + -na a suffix

Urge:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/urge?s=t said:
urge: 1560, from L. urgere "to press hard, push, drive, compel," from PIE base *werg- "to work" (cf. Avestan vareza "work, activity;" Gk. ergon "work," orgia "religious performances," organon "tool;" Armenian gorc "work;" Lith. verziu "tie, fasten, squeeze," vargas "need, distress;" O.C.S. vragu "enemy;" Goth.

In order to purge, one must be urged. In connection with horses, one must drive them in a chosen direction, and only a WHO can do that. ;)

bngenoh said:
Now we have urge as in purge, the way it is spoken, sounds a lot like perge as in person + urge = perge, as in only a person, that is a WHO, ie an I, :lol: can purge:
Laura said:
Q: What is the distinction between union with the One and God?
A: Only at 7th density is God unified.

Q: When God 'disunifies,' or 'destabilizes,' or 'disperses,' where, and I know 'where' is not the right term, what density is then manifested?
A: Wrong concept totally.

Q: What is the RIGHT concept?
A: Well, first of all, God does not destabilize or disperse, for that matter. Purge the linear inner concept.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/purge?s=t said:
Origin: 1250–1300; (v.) Middle English purgen < Old French purg ( i ) er < Latin pūrgāre to cleanse; (noun) Middle English < Old French, derivative of the v.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/person?s=t said:
Origin: 1175–1225; Middle English persone < Latin persōna role (in life, a play, or a tale) ( Late Latin: member of the Trinity), orig. actor's mask < Etruscan phersu (< Greek prósōpa face, mask) + -na a suffix

Person- son of perseus?
Purse- pouch to keep valued treasure
Purge in Purgatory?

linear- ( lie- in -ear? )

Love it.

However, it looks like we are playing all by ourselves here bngenoh.

Daenerys said:

Please, do not stop by that! ... I am enjoying it :D ... (maybe there are people like me, who do not have the ability to do such connections). I think they are quite interesting!!

mabar said:
Daenerys said:

Please, do not stop by that! ... I am enjoying it :D ... (maybe there are people like me, who do not have the ability to do such connections). I think they are quite interesting!!

Very well.....

Meditate to slay Medusa.
Medicate - Medusa lives.

Lets break it down into two parts and see what connection we may also have:

Med: medal, meddle, medallion, media, Medea, medical, median, mediocre, medly, medium

usa- USA, usable, accusation, arousal, causal, carousal, crusade, excusable, Jerusalusm, refusal, menopausal, sausage, thousand,spousal

LOL- I just had a Medusa thought I will add here to the above-

If I break it down as me-dusa phonetically, it would be emmy/do you essay? From which we get a statue (image)/do you put to proof, test the mettle of?

Medicate - Medusa lives.

Daenerys said:
Med: medal, meddle, medallion, media, Medea, medical, median, mediocre, medly, medium

usa- USA, usable, accusation, arousal, causal, carousal, crusade, excusable, Jerusalusm, refusal, menopausal, sausage, thousand,spousal

Medusa is also 'Med USA' - a medicated or sedated USA.

mabar said:
Daenerys said:

Agreed, this is a fascinating thread! It works the brain just thinking about all those linguistic connections...

Back
Top Bottom