Word Puns & Associations - An Exercise In Divergent Thinking

Featured = Feat + Ur + red

Feat:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/feat?s=t said:
1. A noteworthy or extraordinary act or achievement, usually displaying boldness, skill, etc.: Arranging the treaty was a diplomatic feat.
2. Obsolete . a specialized skill; profession.

Origin: 1300–50; Middle English fet, fait < Anglo-French, Old French < Latin factum fact 1400–50; late Middle English < Middle French fait made (to fit) < Latin factus, past participle of facere to make, do Sense of "exceptional or noble deed" arose c.1400 from phrase feat of arms (Fr. fait d'armes).

Synonyms: accomplishment. See achievement.

Red:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/red?s=t said:
1. Any of a group of colours, such as that of a ripe tomato or fresh blood, that lie at one end of the visible spectrum, next to orange, and are perceived by the eye when light in the approximate wavelength range 740--620 nanometres falls on the retina. Red is the complementary colour of cyan and forms a set of primary colours with blue and green Related: rubicund , ruddy
2. Archery Also called: inner a red ring on a target, between the blue and the gold, scoring seven points
3. A native English suffix, denoting condition, formerly used in the formation of nouns: hatred; kindred.

Origins: Middle English -rede, Old English -rǣden, rēad ; compare Old High German rōt , Gothic rauths , Latin ruber , Greek eruthros , Sanskrit rohita

Ur:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur- said:
1. A German prefix, meaning "original, primitive",
2. A commune of the Pyrénées-Orientales département in southern France

Red feat, feat pronounced feet, of the original bloodlines anyone?

Ruddy, Rubicund, Rubicon:

Ruddy:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Ruddy?s=t said:
1. (of the complexion) having a healthy reddish colour, usually resulting from an outdoor life
2. coloured red or pink: a ruddy sky

Origin: before 1100; Middle English rudi, Old English rudig. See rudd, -y1 Origins: [Old English rudig , from rudu redness (see rudd ); related to Old High German rot red 1 , Swedish rod , Old Norse rythga to make rusty]

Rubicund:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Rubicund?s=t said:
red or reddish; ruddy: a rubicund complexion.

Origin: 1495–1505; < Latin rubicundus, akin to ruber red1

Rubicon:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Rubicon?s=t said:
1. A stream in N Italy: in ancient times the boundary between Italy and Cisalpine Gaul. By leading his army across it and marching on Rome in 49 bc , Julius Caesar broke the law that a general might not lead an army out of the province to which he was posted and so committed himself to civil war with the senatorial party
2. ( sometimes not capital ) a point of no return
3. cross the Rubicon , pass the Rubicon to commit oneself irrevocably to some course of action
4. In phrase "to cross (or "pass") the Rubicon "take a decisive step," 1626, in ref. to small stream to the Adriatic on the coast of northern Italy, which in ancient times formed part of the southern boundary of Cisalpine Gaul; crossed by Caesar Jan. 10, 49 B.C.E., when he left his province to attack Pompey.

When the blood of the original line becomes ripe, it is ready to cross the Rubicon.

alchemy

Spanish (?) Al que me = To which me ?
or
Al = to
Que = that
Mi = me
Spanish speakers can do better translation :)

Rus: a che mi = And what are we or And why it is us ?

:)

Going along with your line agni,

Alchemy = Al + che + my or All + que + me

Que as in the Spanish for what?

So alchemy, all what ? me, or What ? all in me, What ? all is in me?

Reminds me of these:

You literally possess, within your consciousness profile, all the power that exists within all of creation!?! You absolutely have all that exists, ever has, or ever will, contained within your mind. All you have to do is learn how to use it, and at that moment, you will literally, literally, be all that is, was, and ever will be!!!!!!!!

A: As we have told you, there are seven levels of density which involves, among other things, not only state of being physically, spiritually and etherically, and materially, but also, more importantly, state of awareness. You see, state of awareness is the key element to all existence in creation. You have undoubtedly remembered that we have told you that this is, after all, a grand illusion, have you not? So, therefore, if it is
a grand illusion, what is more important, physical structure or state of awareness???

Q: (L) State of awareness?
A: Exactly. Now, when we go from the measuring system, which of course has been nicely formulated so that you can understand it, of density levels one through seven, the key concept, of course, is state of awareness. All the way through. So, once you rise to a higher state of awareness, such things as physical limitation evaporate. And, when they evaporate, vast distances, as you perceive them, become non-existent. So, just because you are unable to see and understand has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what is or is not possible. Except within your own level of density. And this is what almost no one on your current level of density is able to understand. If you can understand it and convey it to them, you will be performing the greatest service that your kind has ever seen. Think about that for a moment. Let it seep into your consciousness. Analyze it. Dissect it. Look at it carefully and then put it back together again.

Q: (L) What is it that limits our awareness?
A: Your environment. And it is the environment that you have chosen. By your level of progress. And that is what limits everything. As you rise to higher levels of density, limitations are removed.

Q: (L) What creates this environment of limitation?
A: It is the grand illusion which is there for the purpose of learning.

Q: (L) And who put the illusion into place?
A: The Creator who is also the Created. Which is also you and us and all. As we have told you, we are you and vice versa. And so is everything else.

Q: (L) Is the key that it is all illusion?
A: Basically, yes.

Q: (L) So, essentially...
A: As we have told you before, if you will be patient just a moment, the universe is merely a school. And, a school is there for all to learn. That is why everything exists. There is no other reason. Now, if only you understood the true depth of that statement, you would begin to start to see, and experience for yourself, all the levels of density that it is possible to experience, all the dimensions that it is possible to experience, all awareness. When an individual understands that statement to its greatest possible depth, that individual becomes illumined. And, certainly you have heard of that. And, for one moment, which lasts for all eternity, that individual knows absolutely everything that there is to know.
We can say alchemy = I am the all or a method by which one realizes the I in the all, the all in the I.

Here's one that's been bouncing around in my head for a long time and helps keep me away from TV and video games:
entertainment - et = entrainment
So entertainment is for entrainment by ETs, or "plus" ETs? "et" means "and" in French and Latin, I think. So, entrainment "and" something/someone extra? "Entrainment Plus", as in "Delux Version"?

Entertainment:
"enter detainment" - Imprison the mind via dissociation? "Escape" into prison?
"enter-twain-ment" - Meant to enter between, so as to separate? Separate the brain hemispheres? Separate people from one another? Separate thoughts into black/white? Divide and conquer?

Entrainment:
"en" means "in" or "a/an" in some languages
"train" - a locomotive, a linear sequence, the part of a long dress/gown that drags behind.
"-ment" - Suffix - [Used to form nouns from verbs, the nouns having the sense of "the action or result of what is denoted by the verb". ~ Wiktionary]
So, the action or result of being "in a train", ie caught in linear thinking, hypnotized.
Also, "en-terrain-ment", ie imprisonment on Earth. "Play in the dirt, and you get dirty."
train -> strain -> estrangement -> "estimated range of movement"

-=-=-
When I was learning Spanish in high school this one stuck out to me:
"salir" (Spanish) - "to leave", "to go out", "to rise" (when referring to the Sun)
"sail" (English verb) - to travel in a sailboat, "sail away" as in an adventure or quest
Anagram of salir = "rails", which I just noticed and relates to "train" mentioned above.

-=-=-
Daenerys said:
agni said:
then there is similar one: Me dusa > me douser > me doser (someone who induces drug/chemical, aka "I am a dose giver")

LOL- how about= me dozer? zzzzzzzzzzzzz :)
And what about = me 'dozer as in bulldozer? :) Dozing at the wheel of a bulldozer? :scared:

-=-=-
bngenoh said:
Hello:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Hello?s=t said:
Origin: 1865–70; variant of hallo

Hallo, hmmmm, doesn't that sound awfully close to halo as in :halo:
Aloha, hi, hail, hello! I see your halo is hollow, but is it also hallowed? Is it not harrowing to hold such a holy hoop hovering thus? :) :P

-=-=-
Daenerys said:
How about Illuminati phonetically?

Illumined, Not I ! :)
Illumi-naughty! :D
Ill omen, not I! - or - Ill omen, naughty.
Illumi-nutty? :P
Ill you me naughty/nutty?

-=-=-
Aurora - "Our aura" as in the aura of the Earth, possibly reflecting Earth's collective consciousness in some way? Just a thought.

-=-=-
bngenoh said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%AEmes said:
The contemporary coat of arms of the city of Nîmes includes a crocodile chained to a palm tree with the inscription COLNEM, for Colonia Nemausus, meaning the "colony" or "settlement" of Nemausus, the local Celtic god of the Volcae Arecomici.
Hmm, Nemausus reminds of "Nemesis". :)
1. something that a person cannot conquer, achieve, etc.: The performance test proved to be my nemesis.
2. an opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome.
3. ( initial capital letter ) Classical Mythology . the goddess of divine retribution.
4. an agent or act of retribution or punishment.

Origin:
< Latin < Greek némesis literally, a dealing out, verbid of némein to dispense (justice); see -sis

My contribution for the day is government

govern- to control ment - root word mente- mind

so - to control mind

:evil:

agni said:
alchemy

Spanish (?) Al que me = To which me ?
or
Al = to
Que = that
Mi = me
Spanish speakers can do better translation :)

Rus: a che mi = And what are we or And why it is us ?

spanish for alchemy is Alquimia, the translation would essentially be the same to the one you presented with the execption of instead of mi = me it would be mia = mine but it's referring to a phonetically female object (la pelota es mia = the ball is mine, in spanish a ball is a pronounced phonetically as a female)

i don't know if i am doing it right but came up with this..:P

AL - Allah? God?
Chem - Chemistry - Science? Method? practice?
MY - mine

My Science of the Gods - My Godlike Science/method, my method to achieve godlikeness?

Alejo said:
i don't know if i am doing it right but came up with this..:P

AL - Allah? God?
Chem - Chemistry - Science? Method? practice?
MY - mine

My Science of the Gods - My Godlike Science/method, my method to achieve godlikeness?
Yeah I was gonna do the Al - Allah thing but when I dug into it I found out that Al never stands alone in Arabic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al- said:
Unlike most other particles in Arabic, al- is always prefixed to another word and it never stands alone. Consequently, most dictionaries will not list it as a separate word, and it is almost invariably ignored in collation. By the same token, al- is not a permanent component of the word to which it is prefixed. It is added and removed to toggle between the definiteness and indefiniteness of the word.

But I have very little experience with Arabic and maybe there are some forum members who could enlighten. As the source is wikipedia.

Re: Word puns - An Exercise In Divergent Thinking

bngenoh said:
Towa, a Swahili word meaning to take out. It can also be written as toa and interestingly we have this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toa said:
Toa is a Polynesian word for warrior.

It is conjugated in terms of the present as toe or towe, as in "e toe," meaning, take it out. Toe is interesting, because that is the acronym for Theory of Everything:

This ToE speculation seems a bit far-fetched to me, since it circumscribes to only-English.

[/quote]
June 21, 1997
Frank, Laura, Alice
[...]
Q: Well, the word root similarities of a LOT of things are VERY interesting! It is AMAZING the things I have discovered by tracking word roots...

A: The architects of your languages left clues aplenty. And, you have the rare opportunity to learn far more of this by being taught to speak and understand other languages. WE suggest you work to penetrate the STS implanted resistance in this area.
[...]
[/quote]

Re: Word puns - An Exercise In Divergent Thinking

ROEL said:
bngenoh said:
Towa, a Swahili word meaning to take out. It can also be written as toa and interestingly we have this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toa said:
Toa is a Polynesian word for warrior.

It is conjugated in terms of the present as toe or towe, as in "e toe," meaning, take it out. Toe is interesting, because that is the acronym for Theory of Everything:

This ToE speculation seems a bit far-fetched to me, since it circumscribes to only-English.
Science is about making things explicit, ie taking it out for all to see.

William, Wilson, Simpson, Simon, Samson.

William = Will + I + am - I am Will, I have Will, Will is I.

Wilson = Will + son - Son of Will, The son who has will, The will of the Sun, The sun of man or the sun in man. So, will is the light of the sun of man or will is the light of the sun in man. "As it was in the days of noe, so shall it be in the days of the coming of the son of man." ;) And is not the star of our solar system called sol or soul? We can then say a soul is a sun, a sun is a soul.

Simpson = Simp + son - Simple son. One of the definitions for Arcadia is:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/arcadia?s=t said:
Any real or imaginary place offering peace and simplicity.

Which reminds me of this:
voyageur's signature said:
"Truth is simple and unconcealed, while falsehood is complex, deeply hidden, proud, and its fictitious worldly knowledge, seemingly a glitter with godly luster, is often mistaken for divine wisdom." - Fulcanelli

Simple Sun or son of simplicity, sun of truth or truth is the sun ie as obvious as the existence of the sun.

Simon = Si + mon - Sir! I am ON, Sir! "I'm ON or Sir! Ammon

Si as in yes in Spanish, other possible meanings:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/si?s=t said:
The syllable used for the seventh tone of a scale and sometimes for the tone B.

Origin: 1720–30; see gamut

Abbreviations & Acronyms: Silicon, Wisdom of Jesus, the Son of Sirach

Mon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mon_%28emblem%29 said:
Mon (紋?), also monshō (紋章?), mondokoro (紋所?), and kamon (家紋?), are Japanese emblems used to decorate and identify an individual or family. While mon is an encompassing term that may refer to any such device, kamon and mondokoro refer specifically to emblems used to identify a family. The devices are similar to the badges and coats of arms in European heraldic tradition, which likewise are used to identify individuals and families. Mon are often referred to as crests in Western literature; another European heraldic device similar to the mon in function.

"Ah, mon cher for anyone who is alone, without God and without a master, the weight of days is dreadful." -Albert Camus

On:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On said:
On (Japanese prosody), the counting of sound units in Japanese poetry
Heliopolis (ancient), an ancient city in Egypt, from a transliteration of its ancient Egyptian name
Old Norse, a North Germanic language commonly referenced in etymology
Ontology, a branch of philosophy that deals with the concept of being
On'yomi reading of Japanese kanji characters

Ammon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammon said:
Ammon (Hebrew: עַמּוֹן, Modern Ammon Tiberian ʻAmmôn ; "People"; Arabic: عمّون, Transliteration: ʻAmmūn), also referred to as the Ammonites and children of Ammon, was an ancient nation described in the Old Testament to be located east of the Jordan River, Gilead, and the Dead Sea, in present-day Jordan. The chief city of the country was Rabbah or Rabbath Ammon, site of the modern city of Amman, Jordan's capital. Milcom and Molech (who may be one and the same) are named in the Bible as the gods of Ammon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amun said:
Amun, reconstructed Egyptian Yamānu[citation needed] (also spelled Amon, Amoun, Amen, Zeus Amun, and rarely Imen or Yamun, Greek Ἄμμων Ammon, and Ἅμμων Hammon, was a god in Egyptian and Berber mythology who in the form of Amun-Ra became the focus of the most complex system of theology in Ancient Egypt. Whilst remaining hypostatic, Amun represented the essential and hidden, whilst in Ra he represented revealed divinity. As the creator deity "par excellence", he was the champion of the poor or troubled and central to personal piety.

Amun was self-created, without mother and father, and during the New Kingdom he became the greatest expression of transcendental deity in Egyptian theology. He was not considered to be immanent within creation nor was creation seen as an extension of himself. Amun-Ra did not physically engender the universe. His position as King of Gods developed to the point of virtual monotheism where other gods became manifestations of him. With Osiris, Amun-Ra is the most widely recorded of the Egyptian gods. He was also widely worshipped in the neighboring regions of Ancient Libya and Nubia.

So, we have a crest that leads to something essential and hidden. We have encountered a crest before in Nimes "The contemporary coat of arms of the city of Nîmes includes a crocodile chained to a palm tree." A crocodile chained to a palm tree, hmm now taxonomically speaking a crocodile is not a lizard, but it is a reptile, however:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptile said:
Crocodiles are more closely related to birds than they are to lizards,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archosaur said:
Archosaurs are a group of diapsid amniotes whose living representatives consist of modern birds and crocodilians. This group also includes all extinct non-avian dinosaurs, many extinct crocodilian relatives, and pterosaurs. Archosauria, the archosaur clade, is a crown group that includes the most recent common ancestor of living birds and crocodilians. It includes two main clades: Crurotarsi, which includes crocodilians and their extinct relatives, and Avemetatarsalia, which includes pterosaurs and dinosaurs (of which birds are the only living clade).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard said:
Lizards are a widespread group of squamate reptiles, with more than 5600 species, ranging across all continents except Antarctica as well as most oceanic island chains. The group, traditionally recognized as the suborder Lacertilia, is defined as all extant members of the Lepidosauria (reptiles with overlapping scales), which are neither sphenodonts (i.e., tuatara) nor snakes – they form an evolutionary grade. While the snakes are recognized as falling phylogenetically within the Toxicofera clade from which they evolved, the Sphenodonts are the sister group to the Squamates, the larger monophyletic group, which includes both the lizards and the snakes.

Lizards typically have feet and external ears, while snakes lack both of these characteristics. However, because they are defined negatively as excluding snakes, lizards have no unique distinguishing characteristic as a group. Lizards and snakes share a movable quadrate bone, distinguishing them from the sphenodonts, which have a more primitive and solid diapsid skull. Many lizards can detach their tails to escape from predators, an act called autotomy, but this ability is not shared by all lizards. Vision, including color vision, is particularly well developed in most lizards, and most communicate with body language or bright colors on their bodies as well as with pheromones.

Now we have come to avians:
Laura said:
Q: ... I am tracking the clues through the various languages and alphabets. I would like to know which of these alphabets, Runic, Greek, or Etruscan, preceded the others, and from which the others are derived?
A: Etruscan.

Q: Well, who were the Etruscans?
A: Templar carriers.

Q: What does that mean?
A: Seek and ye shall find.

Q: Well, how am I supposed to do that? I can't find anything else on the Etruscans!
A: No.

Q: What do you mean 'no?' You mean there is more out there on the Etruscans?
A: Yes.

Q: Okay. What are Templar carriers?
A: Penitent Avian Lords.

Q: What does that mean?
A: For your search. All is drawn from some more ancient form.

A chained crocodile that is a totem, for a place, crocodiles are very ancient creatures which are related to birds. Crocodiles represent a bridge between earth and water, birds represent a bridge between earth and heaven. Avians and Crocodiles are related, hmmm what would be the meaning of chaining a crocodile to a palm tree? Here are symbolisms of the palm:
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_tree said:
  • Prophet Muhammad is said to have built his home out of palm, and the palm represents rest and hospitality in many cultures of the Middle East.
  • Palm stems represented long life to the Ancient Egyptians, and the god Huh was often shown holding a palm stem in one or both hands.
  • The sacred tree of the Assyrians was a palm that represents the god Ishtar connecting heaven, the crown of the tree, and earth, the base of the trunk. The Mesopotamian goddess Inanna, who had a part in the sacred marriage ritual, was thought of as the one who made the dates abundant.
  • The palm tree was a sacred sign of Apollo in Ancient Greece because he had been born under one.
  • The palm, especially the Coconut, remains a symbol of tropical island paradise.
  • The palm tree also represents Oasis.

A tropical island paradise is a place that offers peace and simplicity, Arcadia anyone? A guardian of Arcadia, ie a shepherd of Arcadia, would be the one to chain a crocodile to the palm tree, osit. A chain can confine, but it can also support and connect. So chaining a crocodile which is a bridge between earth and water could restrict the bridge, but it could also give it greater connectivity. In confining the crocodile the shepherd would be a "dragon slayer" would they not?

Samson = Sam + son - Sam the mason as in the one who builds, a chain is built. ;)

Sam:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Sam?s=t said:
1. A male given name, form of Samuel.
2. A female given name, form of Samantha.
— vb , sams , samming , sammed dialect ( Northern English ) sam hold of to collect; gather up

Samson, whose hair was fare like a mare. He gained strength from his fare hair, but told this secret to Delilah, who had his 7 locks shorn and thus he was worn down like a tare. He was the strong one who became bound, imprisoned and blinded, when his 7 locks were shorn and he became meek like bleating sheep.

Delilah = De + lilah = De lia or The liar

Here are a few that I noticed recently:

Realize=real eyes (to see reality)
we know we have 2 eyes but
we must work hard for real eyes
to see we have 2 "I"s ("i" and "I")

Savoir: French verb, "to know"
"Knowledge is power"
"Knowledge protects"
"The truth will set you free"
Savoir=Savior

Our ears
h-ear lies
causing f-ear
that w-ears us down
causing many t-ears
making us sw-ear
and life hard to b-ear
like sheep ready to sh-ear

What is the matter?
What is this matter? (i.e. this physical matter that's wrapped around our soul and muffled the voice of our higher self?)

Savage (as verb): to attack ferociously, maul, chew, devour (e.g. "The trusting sheep were savaged by a pack of wolves.")
Savvy: sharp, sharp-witted, hard-boiled, shrewd (e.g "When savvy businessmen dominate a society, it's often referred to as 'dog-eat-dog'.")

Here's some more fuel to add to the fire...

Terrorist - Terror wrist - those who write in a particular way
Emergency - emerge and see
Harmony - our money - breaking the spell(ing) of harmony by the creation of money
Currency - Current (now) see
propaganda - proper ganger - gander is"slang for to have a look"
illusion - ill(ness) you shun
Time - Ti(e) me = constraint
Revolución - reversed is "No I c u lover"
Bible - By bull (testostorone)

there certainly appears to be lots of majic spells!

and a few more sprinklings...

mine field = mine (possession), when you attach mine (my) to another word there is an explosion as you now claim ownership to whatever it is that follows, setting yourself up for a sense of loss

666 = turned upside down is 999 = nein, nein, nein (no, no, no) , I'm not a yes, yes, yes kinda person!

frequency - free can see (those who operate on a particular frequency. Less static, less eratic)

mortgage - death gag / gauge

and for those who don't mind getting dirty, hopefully this allows one to see things in a different light... (the pronounciation and the spelling don't always match, so when you respell it, it as you say it)

country = cunt (female = mother) tree (where we're from, physically speaking) , this one in particular exposes how certain minds work, divide and rule being the order of the day, you're told what country you're from, rather than the original cuntree.
That spell hit me pretty hard, words have alot of power if you let them, unravelling them is worth it's weight in... well (this is a beautyfull word, it conjures up the image of having to draw the water up from the bottom, whilst being patient not to spill any, just a lovely gentle pause, before carrying on) let's just say worth the wait!

Can Won said:
country = -kunta kintay- (female = mother) <snipped>

Hi Can Won,

The word you tried to use, was automatically replaced by the forum software to 'kunta kintay'. You can read about it here. :)

Back
Top Bottom