Word Puns & Associations - An Exercise In Divergent Thinking

Three, Be, See, Knee, the shepherds of Arcadia the free one's to be. :huh:

Laura said:
October 31, 1998

Q: Okay. Now. This woman with this book "The Horse of God," talks about the shadow of the horse in the Shepherds of Arcadia painting that is evident if you turn it upside down. I know that I dreamed that the painting was a map. In terms of this map, what would be the zero meridian that one would use to place the map?
A: There need not be a zero meridian.

Q: Is there any one thing... I doused the picture, and it seemed that the head of the kneeling man with the beard was the important figure. Where, on a map, would one place this head in order to have the other figures in correct alignment?
A: Best to split the image, head to head. Vertically.

Q: Split the image and put the same guy head to head to his own head?
A: Close.

Laura said:
Q: The chief thing I noticed about Arcadia was, the Arcadians were the enemies of the Trojans, they were the creators of the Trojan Horse - a huge deception... and the Celts are supposed to be the descendants of the refugees from Troy. And, when Hitler came along, one of his ideals was to resurrect Arcadia, and that Germany was going to be the new Arcadia and destroy the 'old corrupt civilization,' which was Troy. Troy is 'three' and is connected to 'Ilium,'

Laura said:
Session 12 December 1998

Q: Now, in reference to your question to me: 'where is Arcadia,' that I need to look at this some more, I was reading in Gregory of Tours' History of the Franks, and he was recounting that the Franks who colonized along the Rhine in the area about which we are seeking clues, came from an area called Pannonia. I looked up Pannonia. It is in Eastern Austria and crosses the border into Hungary. In Pannonia there are vineyards. It is a very famous grape growing and wine making area. A statement from the 4th century says: 'Pannonia is a land rich in all resources and fruits, beasts and commerce.' Pannonia is also the location of an interesting lake. The lake is called Neusiedl, or 'New Town.' This is the only 'steppe lake' in all of Europe. It is only six feet deep at it's deepest point and is a giant, shallow sweet body of water surrounded on the Eastern bank by marshlands, numerous salty ponds and pools. Apparently, this place produces a very fine environment for grapes and wine, in particular a type of wine called 'Eiswein.' This Eiswein is called 'The treasure of liquid gold.' It says here: 'the production of Eiswein remains the winemakers ultimate challenge.' Only a small amount of this wine is produced. Etomologically speaking, Pannonia is probably named after the God 'Pan,' and that derived from Sylvanus, the 'Shepherd God.' So, all in one spot, we have shepherds, a wine called liquid gold, a lake called Neusiedl, and an 'Arcadian environment.' Can you tell me if there is any particular significance to my discovery of the terms relating to this area from whence came the Franks to the Rhineland? Is this, in fact, Arcadia?
A: Arcadia is a crossroads for the one Essene, the Aryan one of Trent.

Trent:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trent?s=t said:
1. Italian, Trento. Ancient, Tridentum the Latin name for Trento. a city in N Italy, on the Adige River. 98,006.
2. Council of, the ecumenical council of the Roman Catholic Church that met at Trent intermittently from 1545 to 1563, and defined church doctrine and condemned the Reformation.
3. A river in central England, flowing NE from Staffordshire to the Humber. 170 miles (275 km) long.
4. The German name for Trento Also: Trient

Arcadia:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Arcadia?s=t said:
1. A mountainous region of ancient Greece, traditionally known for the contented pastoral innocence of its people.
2. Any real or imaginary place offering peace and simplicity.

Peace:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/peace said:
Origin: 1125–75; Middle English pes < Old French, variant of pais < Latin pax (stem pāc- ); akin to pact

Trent, tridentium as in trident ie 3 into 1:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident said:
A trident (play /ˈtraɪdənt/), also called a trishula or leister or gig, is a three-pronged spear. It is used for spear fishing and was also a military weapon. Tridents are featured widely in mythical, historical and modern culture. The major Hindu god, Shiva the Destroyer and the Greco-Roman sea god Poseidon or Neptune are classically depicted bearing a trident.

I think of the Odyssey thread, Poseidon and his many roles. Poseidon, the one who wields the trident (3 centers?) God of the sea (emotions)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poseidon said:
Poseidon (Greek: Ποσειδῶν) is one of the twelve Olympian deities of the pantheon in Greek mythology. His main domain is the ocean, and he is called the "God of the Sea". Additionally, he is referred to as "Earth-Shaker"[1] due to his role in causing earthquakes, and has been called the "tamer of horses"

Poseidon as "Earth-Shaker" or rock breaker, reminds me of this:
Q: What is the symbology of the 'breaking of rocks,' as in the alchemical texts, as well as related to Perseus as 'he who breaks?'
A: Occurs at a time when rocks break, as in the electromagnetic impulses that emanate from earthbound rocks when sheared by tectonic forces, and much more importantly, the possible utilization of said forces whether naturally or otherwise induced.

Trent: river in England, from Celtic, perhaps “great wanderer,” in reference to its flooding.

Wanderer- vagus nerve, which is also a crossroads , and also has three branches - :)

Added: Ironically, da poussan brings us back to foot :)

foot (n.) O.E. fot, from P.Gmc. *fot (cf. O.S. fot, O.N. fotr, Du. voet, O.H.G. fuoz, Ger. Fuß, Goth. fotus "foot"), from PIE *ped- (cf. Avestan pad-; Skt. pat, acc. padam "foot;" Gk. pos, Attic pous, gen. podos; L. pes, gen. pedis "foot;" Lith. padas "sole," peda "footstep"). Plural form feet is an instance of i-mutation. Of a bed, grave, etc., first recorded c.1300.

The linear measurement of 12 inches was in O.E., from the length of a man's foot. Colloquial exclamation my foot! expressing "contemptuous contradiction" [OED] is first attested 1923, probably a euphemism for my ass, in the same sense, which dates back to 1796. The metrical foot (O.E., translating L. pes, Gk. pous in the same sense) is commonly taken as a reference to keeping time by tapping the foot. To get off on the right foot is from 1905; to put one's best foot foremost first recorded 1849 (Shakespeare has the better foot before, 1596). To put one's foot in (one's) mouth "say something stupid" is attested by 1942; the expression put (one's) foot insomething "make a mess of it" is from 1823.

ADDED: Hmmmm , the tarot card that is connected to the foot ( feet) is temperance : http://www.tarotteachings.com/temperance-tarot-card-meanings.html

That sorta goes with da poussins "Winter" and the deluge: http://www.abcgallery.com/P/poussin/poussin108.html

And that all ties back to the Vagus nerve :)

Shane said:
Medicate - Medusa lives.

Daenerys said:
Med: medal, meddle, medallion, media, Medea, medical, median, mediocre, medly, medium

usa- USA, usable, accusation, arousal, causal, carousal, crusade, excusable, Jerusalusm, refusal, menopausal, sausage, thousand,spousal

Medusa is also 'Med USA' - a medicated or sedated USA.

I'm loving this thread. I don't know if it fits here, but I've always been fascinated by creating new words by rearranging the letters of an original word (e.g. that SOTT "flouride" poster shown here http://signs-of-the-times.org/signs/images/posters/sott_fluoride.jpg). The other day, when reading something about the continued erosion of rights in the United States I saw a great example that seemed to be a typographical error: the Untied States

bngenoh said:
Daenerys said:
I get the gist of that, but also wonder if there are deeper meanings, as I am not familiar with this exactly. I did read somewhere on the forum that Ark washed Laura's feet when they got married. So, if anyone can take this deeper, please do. Also, Jesus connects to pisces fish which rules the feet.

Also makes one wonder about shooting ones self in the foot.
Deeper huh, you asked for it so here we go, :lol:

Deep, heap, seep, reap. :huh: you say, reap? Yes reap, as in we reap what we sow, we harvest what is grown and one can only grow, if one grooves deep like bone. (Grooving the channel anyone :lol:)

no pain, no gain.. growing pains...groan => grown

bngenoh said:
Fruit spoken as froot, to bear/produce. Shoot as in to send forth, to discharge, like the name given to new plant growth. Foot as in the anatomical structure. Root, as in the base, that from which something shoots from.

Fruit, shoot, foot, root, :huh: you say, root? Yes root, as in the cause of the because is why the cause becaused.

BEcause = Being A Cause

When we talk about a foot, do we not say the sole of the foot? (Castaneda) Sounds the same as soul doesn't it? Therefore we can say, a BEING shoots from the root in it's foot, to produce fruit. :lol:

The UT sound in fruit, root, shoot, etc. also makes me think of uterus, or womb- all those plant parts branching out from the original seed. Fruit itself is the developed ovary of a plant, encasing the embryo...

Session 9, October 1994:
Q: (L) Could you describe to me the true meaning of the Osirian cycle. What was the symbology of the killing of Osiris and the cutting up of the body?

A: Removal of knowledge centers.

Q: (L) Knowledge centers in what?

A: Your DNA.

Q: (L) So, the breaking up of Osiris' body represents the breaking up of the DNA in our bodies?

A: Partly. Also means knowledge capacity reduction.
because we've been dis-membered, we are told we must re-member ourselves

JGeropoulas said:
Session 9, October 1994:
Q: (L) Could you describe to me the true meaning of the Osirian cycle. What was the symbology of the killing of Osiris and the cutting up of the body?

A: Removal of knowledge centers.

Q: (L) Knowledge centers in what?

A: Your DNA.

Q: (L) So, the breaking up of Osiris' body represents the breaking up of the DNA in our bodies?

A: Partly. Also means knowledge capacity reduction.
because we've been dis-membered, we are told we must re-member ourselves

Which "river" do you choose to navigate or re-member yourself? "Vagus" or "kundalini"? Eridanos or Nile?

Daenerys said:
The word I am playing with today is Nephilim. I do not know any other languages other than English, so anyone with other languages that can add here would be encouraged to jump in.

The first thing I note is that the root word seems to nephros, Greek for kidney. The adrenals are on the kidney. That is connected to norepenephrine and epinephrine which has a phonetic similarity.

Well, I'm encouraged. Atlhough, I'm not good at this, anyways... I also, found in this book: “COMPENDIO DE ETIMOLOGIAS GRECOLATINAS DEL ESPAÑOL. DE: MATEOS MUÑOZ, AGUSTIN. Editorial: ESFINGE, ED. Año de Edic: 2005” (Grecolatin ethymologies from Spanish –Lenguage)

Nefelión: nefelion, nubecilla, little cloud; nefeh, opacidad de la córnea, opacity of the cornea.

Pronounced: Nephe-lee-ohn?
-I suddenly remembered those weird “clouds” that have been appearing lately by comets or other phenomena...

Question: Why, the greek letters (symbol Font on PC) did not appeard well?, just a series of little blocks.

Edit: grammar

Daenerys said:
Trent: river in England, from Celtic, perhaps “great wanderer,” in reference to its flooding.

Wanderer- vagus nerve, which is also a crossroads , and also has three branches - :)

Added: Ironically, da poussan brings us back to foot :)

foot (n.) O.E. fot, from P.Gmc. *fot (cf. O.S. fot, O.N. fotr, Du. voet, O.H.G. fuoz, Ger. Fuß, Goth. fotus "foot"), from PIE *ped- (cf. Avestan pad-; Skt. pat, acc. padam "foot;" Gk. pos, Attic pous, gen. podos; L. pes, gen. pedis "foot;" Lith. padas "sole," peda "footstep"). Plural form feet is an instance of i-mutation. Of a bed, grave, etc., first recorded c.1300.

The linear measurement of 12 inches was in O.E., from the length of a man's foot. Colloquial exclamation my foot! expressing "contemptuous contradiction" [OED] is first attested 1923, probably a euphemism for my ass, in the same sense, which dates back to 1796. The metrical foot (O.E., translating L. pes, Gk. pous in the same sense) is commonly taken as a reference to keeping time by tapping the foot. To get off on the right foot is from 1905; to put one's best foot foremost first recorded 1849 (Shakespeare has the better foot before, 1596). To put one's foot in (one's) mouth "say something stupid" is attested by 1942; the expression put (one's) foot insomething "make a mess of it" is from 1823.

ADDED: Hmmmm , the tarot card that is connected to the foot ( feet) is temperance : http://www.tarotteachings.com/temperance-tarot-card-meanings.html

That sorta goes with da poussins "Winter" and the deluge: http://www.abcgallery.com/P/poussin/poussin108.html

And that all ties back to the Vagus nerve :)
Hmmmm Daenerys,

Shepherds of Arcadia leading to trident and trident wielder also called tamer of horses or one who has tempered horses, hmmm.

Then we have Arcadia = Ark @ dia or Ark at Diana, or Ark in Diana, (The ark is in Diana?) Diana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_%28mythology%29 said:
In Roman mythology, Diana (lt. "heavenly" or "divine") was the goddess of the hunt and moon and birthing, being associated with wild animals and woodland, and having the power to talk to and control animals. She was equated with the Greek goddess Artemis, though she had an independent origin in Italy. Diana was worshiped in ancient Roman religion and is revered in Roman Neopaganism and Stregheria. Dianic Wicca, a largely feminist form of the practice, is named for her. Diana was known to be the virgin goddess and women. She was one of the three maiden goddesses, Diana, Minerva and Vesta, who swore never to marry.

Oak groves were especially sacred to her. According to mythology, Diana was born with her twin brother Apollo on the island of Delos, daughter of Jupiter and Latona.

[...]

Diana (pronounced with long 'ī' and 'ā') is an adjectival form developed from an ancient *divios, corresponding to later 'divus', 'dius', as in Dius Fidius, Dea Dia and in the neuter form dium meaning the sky. It is rooted in Indoeuropean *d(e)y(e)w, meaning bright sky or daylight, from which also derived the name of Vedic god Dyaus and the Latin deus, (god) and dies (day, daylight).

On the Tablets of Pylos a theonym δι(digamma)ια is supposed as referring to a deity precursor of Artemis. Modern scholars mostly accept the identification.

Bright sky or daylight, could it also be the one who brings daylight even in the night as in Aurora:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_%28mythology%29 said:
Aurora (Latin: [awˈroːra]) is the Latin word for dawn, the goddess of dawn in Roman mythology and Latin poetry. Like Greek Eos and Rigvedic Ushas (and possibly Germanic Ostara), Aurora continues the name of an earlier Indo-European dawn goddess, *Hausos.

In Roman mythology, Aurora, goddess of the dawn, renews herself every morning and flies across the sky, announcing the arrival of the sun. Her parentage was flexible: for Ovid, she could equally be Pallantis, signifying the daughter of Pallas, or the daughter of Hyperion. She has two siblings, a brother (Sol, the sun) and a sister (Luna, the moon). Rarely Roman writers imitated Hesiod and later Greek poets and made babies Anemoi, or Winds, the offspring of the father of the stars Astraeus, with Eos/Aurora.

Aurora appears most often in sexual poetry with one of her mortal lovers. A myth taken from the Greek by Roman poets tells that one of her lovers was the prince of Troy, Tithonus. Tithonus was a mortal, and would therefore age and die. Wanting to be with her lover for all eternity, Aurora asked Zeus to grant immortality to Tithonus. Zeus granted her wish, but she failed to ask for eternal youth to accompany his immortality, and he became forever old. Aurora turned him into a grasshopper.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Aurora?s=t said:
Aurora 1 (ɔːˈrɔːrə)
— n
1. Greek counterpart: Eos the Roman goddess of the dawn
2. the dawn or rise of something

Origins: late 14c., from L. Aurora, the Roman goddess of dawn, from PIE *ausus- "dawn," also the name of the Indo-European goddess of the dawn, from base *aus- "to shine," especially of the dawn (cf. Gk. eos "dawn," auein "to dry, kindle;" Skt. usah, Lith. ausra "dawn;" L. auster "south wind," usum "to burn;"

A prince of Illium, three, earth shaker who wields trident and who is also a horse tamer hmmm.

Going around and around in deed, but when we come back we see the we have grown.

bngenoh said:
Aurora 1 (ɔːˈrɔːrə) — n1. Greek counterpart: Eos the Roman goddess of the dawn2. the dawn or rise of something Origins: late 14c., from L. Aurora, the Roman goddess of dawn, from PIE *ausus- "dawn," also the name of the Indo-European goddess of the dawn, from base *aus- "to shine," especially of the dawn (cf. Gk. eos "dawn," auein "to dry, kindle;" Skt. usah, Lith. ausra "dawn;" L. auster "south wind," usum "to burn;"

HMMMMMMMMMMM..............

Aurora corresponds to:

centaur, taurus , aura, aureole, laura, laurel, minataur :)

2 mazes, 2 paths, 2 centers Nephilim connects to vagus also through nephinipherene and norepinephrine and other clues as well. Psychopathy also connected to vagus. :)

Also-- Laura - of the air EE

A note on creativity:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/242742-Creativity-Explained said:
Creativity can seem like magic. We look at people like Steve Jobs and Bob Dylan, and we conclude that they must possess supernatural powers denied to mere mortals like us, gifts that allow them to imagine what has never existed before. They're "creative types." We're not.

But creativity is not magic, and there's no such thing as a creative type. Creativity is not a trait that we inherit in our genes or a blessing bestowed by the angels. It's a skill. Anyone can learn to be creative and to get better at it. New research is shedding light on what allows people to develop world-changing products and to solve the toughest problems. A surprisingly concrete set of lessons has emerged about what creativity is and how to spark it in ourselves and our work.

The science of creativity is relatively new. Until the Enlightenment, acts of imagination were always equated with higher powers. Being creative meant channeling the muses, giving voice to the gods. ("Inspiration" literally means "breathed upon.") Even in modern times, scientists have paid little attention to the sources of creativity.

But over the past decade, that has begun to change. Imagination was once thought to be a single thing, separate from other kinds of cognition. The latest research suggests that this assumption is false. It turns out that we use "creativity" as a catchall term for a variety of cognitive tools, each of which applies to particular sorts of problems and is coaxed to action in a particular way.

[...]

The new research also suggests how best to approach the thorniest problems. We tend to assume that experts are the creative geniuses in their own fields. But big breakthroughs often depend on the naive daring of outsiders. For prompting creativity, few things are as important as time devoted to cross-pollination with fields outside our areas of expertise.

Let's start with the hardest problems, those challenges that at first blush seem impossible. Such problems are typically solved (if they are solved at all) in a moment of insight.

[...]

What explains the creative benefits of relaxation and booze? The answer involves the surprising advantage of not paying attention. Although we live in an age that worships focus - we are always forcing ourselves to concentrate, chugging caffeine - this approach can inhibit the imagination. We might be focused, but we're probably focused on the wrong answer.

And this is why relaxation helps: It isn't until we're soothed in the shower or distracted by the stand-up comic that we're able to turn the spotlight of attention inward, eavesdropping on all those random associations unfolding in the far reaches of the brain's right hemisphere. When we need an insight, those associations are often the source of the answer.

[...]

As Einstein once declared, "Creativity is the residue of time wasted." Of course, not every creative challenge requires an epiphany; a relaxing shower won't solve every problem. Sometimes, we just need to keep on working,... There is nothing fun about this kind of creativity, which consists mostly of sweat and failure. It's the red pen on the page and the discarded sketch, the trashed prototype and the failed first draft. Nietzsche referred to this as the "rejecting process," noting that while creators like to brag about their big epiphanies, their everyday reality was much less romantic. "All great artists and thinkers are great workers," he wrote. This relentless form of creativity is nicely exemplified by the legendary graphic designer Milton Glaser, who engraved the slogan "Art is Work"

[...]

If different kinds of creative problems benefit from different kinds of creative thinking, how can we ensure that we're thinking in the right way at the right time? When should we daydream and go for a relaxing stroll, and when should we keep on sketching and toying with possibilities?

The good news is that the human mind has a surprising natural ability to assess the kind of creativity we need. Researchers call these intuitions "feelings of knowing," and they occur when we suspect that we can find the answer, if only we keep on thinking. Numerous studies have demonstrated that, when it comes to problems that don't require insights, the mind is remarkably adept at assessing the likelihood that a problem can be solved - knowing whether we're getting "warmer" or not, without knowing the solution.

This ability to calculate progress is an important part of the creative process. When we don't feel that we're getting closer to the answer - we've hit the wall, so to speak - we probably need an insight. If there is no feeling of knowing, the most productive thing we can do is forget about work for a while. But when those feelings of knowing are telling us that we're getting close, we need to keep on struggling.

Of course, both moment-of-insight problems and nose-to-the-grindstone problems assume that we have the answers to the creative problems we're trying to solve somewhere in our heads. They're both just a matter of getting those answers out. Another kind of creative problem, though, is when you don't have the right kind of raw material kicking around in your head. If you're trying to be more creative, one of the most important things you can do is increase the volume and diversity of the information to which you are exposed.

Steve Jobs famously declared that "creativity is just connecting things." Although we think of inventors as dreaming up breakthroughs out of thin air, Mr. Jobs was pointing out that even the most far-fetched concepts are usually just new combinations of stuff that already exists.

[...]

How can people get better at making these kinds of connections? Mr. Jobs argued that the best inventors seek out "diverse experiences," collecting lots of dots that they later link together. Instead of developing a narrow specialization, they study, say, calligraphy (as Mr. Jobs famously did) or hang out with friends in different fields. Because they don't know where the answer will come from, they are willing to look for the answer everywhere.

Recent research confirms Mr. Jobs's wisdom. The sociologist Martin Ruef, for instance, analyzed the social and business relationships of 766 graduates of the Stanford Business School, all of whom had gone on to start their own companies. He found that those entrepreneurs with the most diverse friendships scored three times higher on a metric of innovation. Instead of getting stuck in the rut of conformity, they were able to translate their expansive social circle into profitable new concepts.

[...]

Such solutions are known as "mental restructurings," since the problem is only solved after someone asks a completely new kind of question. What's interesting is that expertise can inhibit such restructurings, making it harder to find the breakthrough. That's why it's important not just to bring new ideas back to your own field, but to actually try to solve problems in other fields - where your status as an outsider, and ability to ask naive questions, can be a tremendous advantage.

[...]

It's this ability to attack problems as a beginner, to let go of all preconceptions and fear of failure, that's the key to creativity.

The composer Bruce Adolphe first met Yo-Yo Ma at the Juilliard School in New York City in 1970. Mr. Ma was just 15 years old at the time (though he'd already played for J.F.K. at the White House). Mr. Adolphe had just written his first cello piece. "Unfortunately, I had no idea what I was doing," Mr. Adolphe remembers. "I'd never written for the instrument before."

Mr. Adolphe had shown a draft of his composition to a Juilliard instructor, who informed him that the piece featured a chord that was impossible to play. Before Mr. Adolphe could correct the music, however, Mr. Ma decided to rehearse the composition in his dorm room. "Yo-Yo played through my piece, sight-reading the whole thing," Mr. Adolphe says. "And when that impossible chord came, he somehow found a way to play it."

Mr. Adolphe told Mr. Ma what the professor had said and asked how he had managed to play the impossible chord. They went through the piece again, and when Mr. Ma came to the impossible chord, Mr. Adolphe yelled "Stop!" They looked at Mr. Ma's left hand - it was contorted on the fingerboard, in a position that was nearly impossible to hold. "You're right," said Mr. Ma, "you really can't play that!" Yet, somehow, he did.

When Mr. Ma plays today, he still strives for that state of the beginner. "One needs to constantly remind oneself to play with the abandon of the child who is just learning the cello," Mr. Ma says. "Because why is that kid playing? He is playing for pleasure."

Creativity is a spark. It can be excruciating when we're rubbing two rocks together and getting nothing. And it can be intensely satisfying when the flame catches and a new idea sweeps around the world.

For the first time in human history, it's becoming possible to see how to throw off more sparks and how to make sure that more of them catch fire. And yet, we must also be honest: The creative process will never be easy, no matter how much we learn about it. Our inventions will always be shadowed by uncertainty, by the serendipity of brain cells making a new connection.

Every creative story is different. And yet every creative story is the same: There was nothing, now there is something. It's almost like magic.

Quick Creativity Hacks:
[list type=decimal]
[*] Color Me Blue: A 2009 study found that subjects solved twice as many insight puzzles when surrounded by the color blue, since it leads to more relaxed and associative thinking. Red, on other hand, makes people more alert and aware, so it is a better backdrop for solving analytic problems.
[*] Get Groggy: According to a study published last month, people at their least alert time of day - think of a night person early in the morning - performed far better on various creative puzzles, sometimes improving their success rate by 50%. Grogginess has creative perks.
[*] Daydream Away: Research led by Jonathan Schooler at the University of California, Santa Barbara, has found that people who daydream more score higher on various tests of creativity.
[*] Think Like A Child: When subjects are told to imagine themselves as 7-year-olds, they score significantly higher on tests of divergent thinking, such as trying to invent alternative uses for an old car tire.
[*] Laugh It Up: When people are exposed to a short video of stand-up comedy, they solve about 20% more insight puzzles.
[*] Imagine That You Are Far Away: Research conducted at Indiana University found that people were much better at solving insight puzzles when they were told that the puzzles came from Greece or California, and not from a local lab.
[*] Keep It Generic: One way to increase problem-solving ability is to change the verbs used to describe the problem. When the verbs are extremely specific, people think in narrow terms. In contrast, the use of more generic verbs - say, "moving" instead of "driving"- can lead to dramatic increases in the number of problems solved.
[*] Work Outside the Box: According to new study, volunteers performed significantly better on a standard test of creativity when they were seated outside a 5-foot-square workspace, perhaps because they internalized the metaphor of thinking outside the box. The lesson? Your cubicle is holding you back.
[*] See the World: According to research led by Adam Galinsky, students who have lived abroad were much more likely to solve a classic insight puzzle. Their experience of another culture endowed them with a valuable open-mindedness. This effect also applies to professionals: Fashion-house directors who have lived in many countries produce clothing that their peers rate as far more creative.
[/list]

Ami noo?, Kipsigis for "What''s wrong with you?" So "What's wrong with you?" "I don't have enough amino, as in amino acids. ;)

Ami gaa, Kipsigis for "I am home" or "I am at my house." Sounds a lot like Amygdala doesn't it, and from all the information on the forum, we know the importance of emotions and their purification, in order to fully inhabit the house that is the I:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala said:
The amygdalae (play /əˈmɪɡdəliː/; singular: amygdala; also corpus amygdaloideum; Latin, from Greek αμυγδαλή, amygdalē, 'almond', 'tonsil',[1] listed in the Gray's Anatomy textbook as the nucleus amygdalæ) are almond-shaped groups of nuclei located deep within the medial temporal lobes of the brain in complex vertebrates, including humans.[2] Shown in research to perform a primary role in the processing and memory of emotional reactions, the amygdalae are considered part of the limbic system.

We are then lead to Limbic or limbo, both meaning border or edge:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbic_system said:
The term "limbic" comes from the Latin limbus, for "border" or "edge".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/limbo?s=t said:
Origin: 1300–50; Middle English, from Medieval Latin phrase in limbō on hell's border ( Latin: on the edge), equivalent to in on + limbō, ablative of limbus edge, border (L), place bordering on hell (ML); see limbus1

So we can say that, the amygdala is a part of the house that borders hell.

ADDED: Hell is an interesting word because it can be written as he'll or he will, his will, he wills.

Hell:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hell?s=t said:
Origin: before 900; Middle English, Old English hel ( l )related to helan to cover; cognate with Old High German hell hella ( i ) a ( German Hölle ), Old Norse hel, Gothic halja; akin to Old English helan to cover, hide, and to hull2

Hmmm, to hull:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hull said:
1. The husk, shell, or outer covering of a seed or fruit.
2. The calyx of certain fruits, as the strawberry.
3. Any covering or envelope.

Origin: Before 1000; Middle English; Old English hulu husk, pod; akin to Old English helan to cover, hide, Latin cēlāre to hide, conceal, Greek kalýptein to cover up ( see apocalypse). See hall, hell, hole

Synonyms: skin, pod, peel, rind, shuck.
Let the synthesis begin. :lol:

He'll pronounced as heel, as in the heel of the foot, the sole of the foot. His will, which is hidden, must be hulled from the soul in his foot.

Lets play with the word Cassiopaean today :)

Well, cass is of course related to Cassandra.

And the is a paean, which I did not know before today also- 1590s, from L. paean "hymn of deliverance," from Gk. paian "hymn to Apollo," from Paian, a name of the god; originally the physician of the gods (in Homer), later merged with Apollo; lit. "one who touches," from paio "to touch, strike." :)

And phonetically, I see, although not totally right, Case I Open

Daenerys said:
Lets play with the word Cassiopaean today :)

Well, cass is of course related to Cassandra.

And the is a paean, which I did not know before today also- 1590s, from L. paean "hymn of deliverance," from Gk. paian "hymn to Apollo," from Paian, a name of the god; originally the physician of the gods (in Homer), later merged with Apollo; lit. "one who touches," from paio "to touch, strike." :)

And phonetically, I see, although not totally right, Case I Open
Ok Daenerys, I'll play, ;)

Cass:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cass?s=t said:
1. Lewis, 1782–1866, U.S. statesman.
2. A male or female given name.

Abbreviations & Acronyms: cass - cassette

A cassette must be stricken in order to record the intended data. In order to read the data, the cassette player's head touches the tape which has been shaped. ;)

Name:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/name said:
1. A word or a combination of words by which a person, place, or thing, a body or class, or any object of thought is designated, called, or known.
2. Mere designation, as distinguished from fact: He was a king in name only.
3. An appellation, title, or epithet, applied descriptively, in honor, abuse, etc.
4. A reputation of a particular kind given by common opinion: to protect one's good name.
5. A distinguished, famous, or great reputation; fame: to make a name for oneself.

Origin: Before 900; Middle English; Old English nama; cognate with German Name, Gothic namô; akin to Old Norse nafn, Latin nōmen, Greek ónoma, Old Irish ainm, Polish imię, Czech jméno

Nama, Lama, Prana, Shama.

Lama as in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lama said:
Lama (Tibetan: བླ་མ་, Wylie: bla-ma; "chief" or "high priest") is a title for a Tibetan teacher of the Dharma. The name is similar to the Sanskrit term guru (see Tibetan Buddhism and Bön). Historically, the term was used for venerated spiritual masters or heads of monasteries.

Prana as in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prana said:
Prana (प्राण, prāṇa) is the Sanskrit word for "vital life" (from the root prā "to fill", cognate to Latin: plenus "full"). It is one of the five organs of vitality or sensation, viz. prana "breath", vac "speech", chakshus "sight", shrotra "hearing", and manas "thought" (nose, mouth, eyes, ears and mind; ChUp. 2.7.1).

In Vedantic philosophy, prana is the notion of a vital, life-sustaining force of living beings and vital energy, comparable to the Chinese notion of Qi. Prana is a central concept in Hinduism, particularly in Ayurveda and Yoga, where it is believed to flow through a network of fine subtle channels called nadis. Its most subtle material form is the breath, but it is also to be found in the blood, and its most concentrated form is semen in men and vaginal fluid in women. The Pranamaya-kosha is one of the five Koshas or "sheaths" of the Atman.

Prana was first expounded in the Upanishads, where it is part of the worldly, physical realm, sustaining the body and the mother of thought and thus also of the mind. Prana suffuses all living forms but is not itself the Atman or individual soul. In the Ayurveda, the Sun and sunshine are held to be a source of prana. In the Hindu philosophy of Kashmir Shaivism, prana is regarded as an aspect of Shakti (cosmic energy).

Shama:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shama said:
Shama شَمّاء, an Arabic feminine name meaning "light, candle/a woman with good traits"

Amina, lumina, numina.

Amina as in:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/amina?s=t said:
a female given name: from an Arabic word meaning “honest and faithful.”

Lumina as in:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lumina?s=t said:
Plural lu·mens, lu·mi·na  [-muh-nuh] Optics . the unit of luminous flux, equal to the luminous flux emitted in a unit solid angle by a point source of one candle intensity. Abbreviation: lm

Origin: 1870–75; < Neo-Latin, special uses of Latin lūmen (stem lūmin- ) light, window

Numina plural of Numen:
http://www.reference.com/browse/Numen said:
Numen ("presence", plural numina ) is a Latin term for the power of either a deity or a spirit that is present in places and objects, in the Roman religion. The many names for Italic gods may obscure this sense of a numinous presence in all the seemingly mundane actions of the natural world. The word was also used for the imperial cult of ancient Rome, to refer to the guardian-spirit, 'godhead' or divine power of a living emperor—in other words, a means of worshiping a living emperor without literally calling him a god (which was a problem under the Roman system).

The word numen is also used by sociologists to refer to the idea of magical power residing in an object, particularly when writing about ideas in the western tradition. When used in this sense, numen is nearly synonymous with mana. However, some authors reserve use of mana for ideas about magic from Polynesia and southeast Asia.

Note that etymologically the Latin word numen originally and literally meant "nodding". It has the sense of inherent vitality and presiding, and was also associated with the terms for "command" or "divine majesty".

Due to its use as a central term in Roman religion, Numen is also the name of one of most important academic journals in the field of History of Religions. The concept of a life-energy inherent in all living beings seems to be a fairly universal archetype, and appears in numerous ancient religions and systems of metaphysics. Analogies to numina in other societies:

Australian Aboriginal mythology, maban
Egyptian mythology, ka
Greek mythology, ichor
Inuit mythology, inua, sila
Japanese mythology, ki, kami
Lenape mythology, manetuwak
Norse mythology, óðr
Polynesian mythology, mana
Yoruba mythology, ashe

Also related are the philosophical concepts of

Chinese philosophy, qi (or ch'i), shen
European alchemy and philosophy , aether (or ether), quintessence
Hindu philosophy, prana
Islamic philosophy, Ruh

Hmm the Inuit word denoting the concept of life energy, inua, in Swahili means "to lift." We can take it further and say to exalt, to put on high, etc.To be Christened anyone? Interesting. :cool2:

The Egyptian word Ka, means "to sit" in Swahili, as in "ka apa" meaning "sit here." To seat the Soul anyone? So it can be said that, in order to sit the Soul one has to lift the light. As opposed to anguka, the Swahili word for "to fall" as in "Nime anguka (I have fallen)" or the anguish of the ka.

Ka:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_soul#Ka_.28life_force.29 said:
The Ka (k3) was the Egyptian concept of vital essence, that which distinguishes the difference between a living and a dead person, with death occurring when the ka left the body. The Egyptians believed that Khnum created the bodies of children on a potter's wheel and inserted them into their mothers' bodies. Depending on the region, Egyptians believed that Heket or Meskhenet was the creator of each person's Ka, breathing it into them at the instant of their birth as the part of their soul that made them be alive. This resembles the concept of spirit in other religions.

The Egyptians also believed that the ka was sustained through food and drink. For this reason food and drink offerings were presented to the dead, although it was the kau (k3w) within the offerings that was consumed, not the physical aspect. The ka was often represented in Egyptian iconography as a second image of the king, leading earlier works to attempt to translate ka as double.

Hmmmmm......

Nime, Swahili for "I have," leads to Nimes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%AEmes said:
Nîmes (Provençal Occitan: Nimes; French: [nim], English: /niːm/) is the capital of the Gard department in the Languedoc-Roussillon region in southern France. Nîmes has a rich history, dating back to the Roman Empire, and is a popular tourist destination.

The city derives its name from that of a spring in the Roman village. The contemporary coat of arms of the city of Nîmes includes a crocodile chained to a palm tree with the inscription COLNEM, for Colonia Nemausus, meaning the "colony" or "settlement" of Nemausus, the local Celtic god of the Volcae Arecomici. Veterans of the Roman legions who had served Julius Caesar in his Nile campaigns, at the end of fifteen years of soldiering, were given plots of land to cultivate on the plain of Nîmes.[1]

The city was located on the Via Domitia, a Roman road constructed in 118 BC which connected Italy to Spain.

Prehistory: The site on which the built-up area of Nîmes has become established in the course of centuries is part of the edge of the alluvial plain of the Vistrenque River which butts up against low hills: to the northeast, Mont Duplan; to the southwest, Montaury; to the west, Mt. Cavalier and the knoll of Canteduc.

4000–2000 BC: The Neolithic site of Serre Paradis reveals the presence of semi-nomadic cultivators in the period 4000 to 3500 BC on the future site of Nîmes. The population of the site increased during the thousand-year period of the Bronze Age. The menhir of Courbessac (or La Poudrière) stands in a field, near the airstrip. This limestone monolith of over two metres in height dates to about 2500 BC, and must be considered the oldest monument of Nîmes.

1800–600 BC: The Bronze Age has left traces of a village of huts and branches.

600–49 BC: The Warrior of Grezan is considered to be the most ancient indigenous sculpture in southern Gaul. The hill named Mt. Cavalier was the site of the early oppidum, which gave birth to the city. During the third and 2nd centuries BC a surrounding wall was built, closed at the summit by a dry-stone tower, which was later incorporated into the masonry of the Tour Magne. The Wars of Gaul and the fall of Marseille (49 BC) allowed Nîmes to regain its autonomy under Rome.

Nîmes became a Roman colony sometime before 28 BC, as witnessed by the earliest coins, which bear the abbreviation NEM. COL, "Colony of Nemausus".[2] Some years later a sanctuary and other constructions connected with the fountain were raised on the site. Nîmes was already under Roman influence, though it was Augustus who made the city the capital of Narbonne province, and gave it all its glory.

Gallo-Roman period: The city had an estimated population of 60,000 in the time of Augustus. Augustus gave the town a ring of ramparts six kilometres long, reinforced by fourteen towers; two gates remain today: the Porta Augusta and the Porte de France. An aqueduct was built to bring water from the hills to the north. Where this crossed the River Gard between Uzes and Remoulins, the spectacular Pont du Gard was built. This is 20 km north east of the city. Nothing remains of certain monuments, the existence of which is known from inscriptions or architectural fragments found in the course of excavations.

[...]

Tree-shaded boulevards trace the foundations of its former city walls. Nîmes is historically known for its textiles. Denim, the fabric of blue jeans, derives its name from this city (Serge de Nîmes). The asteroid 51 Nemausa was named after Nîmes, where it was discovered in 1858.

A settlement in Southern France, hmmm......

We can say that a colony in Southern France has, has what? From the above we can say has the light:
The problem is not the term "love," the problem is the interpretation of the term. Those on third density have a tendency to confuse the issue horribly. After all, they confuse many things as love. When the actual definition of love as you know it is not correct either. It is not necessarily a feeling that one has that can also be interpreted as an emotion, but rather, as we have told you before, the essence of light which is knowledge is love, and this has been corrupted when it is said that love leads to illumination. Love is Light is Knowledge. Love makes no sense when common definitions are used as they are in your environment. To love you must know. And to know is to have light. And to have light is to love. And to have knowledge is to love.

A colony in Southern France has knowledge. Hmmm.....

Back
Top Bottom