Your favorite classical tunes...

This is a concerto for classical guitar and chamber orchestra composed by my partner, Michael.

Concerto in 3 Movements

Concerto For Classical Guitar And Chamber Orchestra​

This is a three movement work based loosely on the traditional Concerto Form. Composed between 2000 and 2002 this was part of the portfolio presented to CMU for enrollment. This current version is a revision to update phrasing, dynamics, and playback quality.

The movements follow a “fast, slow, fast” arrangement. The musical themes are all related between the movements, all being derived from the same motif. The overall form of all three movements together, each movement in itself, and smaller sections within each movement are based upon the Golden Section; i.e. 8 x .618=4.944 or 5, 8-5=3, 3+5 is the Golden Ratio of the number 8.

Instead of composing an eight measure melody in 4+4 measures, it is more aesthetically pleasing to compose either 5+3 or 3+5 measures. This also provides places for important events to take place within the structure.

I really enjoy Michael's music. It is always interesting and lively. I can hear so many different styles and influences all arranged in flowing patterns.

Thank you for posting.

Pianists who can memorize every note of a concerto amaze me.

Mitsuko Uchida - Beethoven - Piano Concerto No 4 in G major, Op 58​

The music of Joaquin Rodrigo. I liked it even more when I learned of his life struggles.

Joaquin Rodrigo was born on November 22, 1901, in Sagunto, Valencia, Spain. He was blinded by complications from diphtheria when he was three years old. His condition did not improve after a surgery and then glaucoma blinded him completely. Rodrigo confessed without regret, that his blindness predisposed him to music. Young Rodrigo studied piano and violin at a school for blind from the age of eight. By the age of 20 Rodrigo became an accomplished pianist.

Joaquin Rodrigo was responsible for establishing the guitar as a classical concert instrument. He is best known for his three-part 'Concierto de Aranjuez' (1939), the first concert work composed specifically for guitar and symphony orchestra. This innovative concert work was created for Spanish guitarist Regino Sainz de la Maza (video below), who premiered 'Concierto de Aranjuez' in 1940 with the Barcelona Philharmonic Orchestra. The work has become among the most well-known pieces of Spanish music. The main theme was borrowed from the Toccata in D minor by Johann Sebastian Bach and was tastefully altered and developed by Rodrigo into a beautiful haunting melody. It has been recorded by many classical and jazz performers and was used in film soundtracks.

Detailed bio here:

That's what I always do, too. This music always makes me happy!
Ciao Naorma , if you like the Hungarian Dances, I think that this is one of the better (and funny) performance I ever come across from Matej Meštrović and the Expresto .. but for real joy ..you can always count on the pink panther ..... and of course, the always lifting Radetzky March..
They are 3 very talented and funny artists :) I do really like them ...

Ciao Naorma , if you like the Hungarian Dances, I think that this is one of the better (and funny) performance I ever come across from Matej Meštrović and the Expresto .. but for real joy ..you can always count on the pink panther ..... and of course, the always lifting Radetzky March..
They are 3 very talented and funny artists :) I do really like them ...
Thank xou very much @Skyfall ! I really like the way they are playing and the Radetzky March comes in an outstanding way, really! The first one reminded me of this one. It is the joy of playing they have in common, I guess!

Mozart told you what could be ..but Verdi...show what actually will be.
can you feel the wrath of God ?

Last edited:
Somebody may think otherwise, but this is (in my opinion) one of the best pieces ever from Yngwie Malmsteen.
"Far beyond the sun " the original is beautiful and evocative, but this with the Japan Philarmonic is really something .

So is this version , a masterpiece .

Back
Top Bottom