Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I know, but I definitely noticed that the mask gets even more full with my exhale. If I stop the breathing I can see it filling with oxygen till certain point, it gets to round shape but never fully inflated and then with my exhale it gets more full. And I am wondering if that is okay...
A good test would be to put on the mask with no oxygen flow to it from the concentrator (i.e. the oxygen concentrator is not turned on) and try breathing out, and see if the bag inflates; or just breath in and out and see what happens. If the bag inflates when you exhale, then I would think the mask is not a non-rebreather mask, or it is not operating correctly (perhaps the one way valve is dysfunctional?)

I was wondering if there are any members who live in Massachusetts or Southern New Hampshire who have an HBOT unit that they might like to share - for a fee of course.

The reason I ask is that my son, who has Downs and is 38 years old has led a very (luckily) healthy life. BUT after this year's physical, it was noted with alarm that his platelets were very much below normal. And, this has never happened before. He was having issues with his liver enzymes being really high, but that had pretty much corrected itself to the MD's amazement.

We were referred to an oncologist/hematologist doctor, and he noted that his platelets have dropped to 41,000 - the norm is around 150,000. Curiously enough, the oncologist's first question to me was "Did he have a Covid shot". I answered that he had the J&J shot in April 2021. And then he said that this is something he has been seeing lately - but that he cannot be sure that the Covid shot has something to do with the situation. And he repeated that statement twice to me and added "Do you understand mother?" And my reply was YES I DO. The oncologist/hematologist doctor has scheduled my son for a follow-up bloodwork in a month. And that leads me to at least hope that there is no extreme urgency - but I'm not a doctor.

Therefore, I am looking for an HBOT clinic and found one in Randolph, MA. If anyone else has searched Massachusetts for an HBOT clinic that they may have tried out, let me know. And, thanks!

Here’s a cross-threaded question and it could be really a dumb question.
Did the ancients with lifespans of 350-700 ish years live in earth in a more oxygen rich atmosphere?
If so, could the earths transition to 4D potentially involve the earth developing a more oxygen rich environment to support more complexity in the life forms?
So that HBOT is preparing our bodies for such an environment.
Shoot me down if it’s a dumb idea.

Did the ancients with lifespans of 350-700 ish years live in earth in a more oxygen rich atmosphere?
If so, could the earths transition to 4D potentially involve the earth developing a more oxygen rich environment to support more complexity in the life forms?
If that’s the case then there were limits. For instance a human will get pulmonary oxygen toxicity if they breathe oxygen above 40% for over 24 hours. So if the environment was more oxygen rich it would probably be somewhere below 40% and above our current 21%.

If that’s the case then there were limits. For instance a human will get pulmonary oxygen toxicity if they breathe oxygen above 40% for over 24 hours. So if the environment was more oxygen rich it would probably be somewhere below 40% and above our current 21%.

From Wikipedia:
“ The presence of O2 provided life with new opportunities. Aerobic metabolism is more efficient than anaerobic pathways, and the presence of oxygen created new possibilities for life to explore.[8][9] Since the start of the Cambrian period, atmospheric oxygen concentrations have fluctuated between 15% and 35% of atmospheric volume.[10] The maximum of 35% was reached towards the end of the Carboniferous period (about 300 million years ago), a peak which may have contributed to the large size of various arthropods, including insects, millipedes and scorpions.[9]”

A good test would be to put on the mask with no oxygen flow to it from the concentrator (i.e. the oxygen concentrator is not turned on) and try breathing out, and see if the bag inflates; or just breath in and out and see what happens. If the bag inflates when you exhale, then I would think the mask is not a non-rebreather mask, or it is not operating correctly (perhaps the one way valve is dysfunctional?)
I tested this at the beginning and it doesn’t- however when i use it in the chamber - it does inflate on its own but when i exhale it gets pumped to the maximum. Perhaps the exhale pressure shuts the valve or creates resistance causing it to inflate to maximum.

I did my 2nd session today, all went well.

I have a special question, or wondering :
Any here having ever heard about people feeling dizzy due to extra oxygen floating around in the air ? Dizzyness + dry throat. After a few minutes after i started HBOT, my colleague (and cousin also) who sits at +/- 8m in another room started these symptoms and he told me it was (probably) because of the extra oxygen !? He recently had a pulmonary trombosis, in August, and when they (at the hospital) put him the oxygen mask he had to remove it because of the same symptoms. I just have hard to think that the so low volume of oxygen pumped in the whole volume of the office could affect someone around ... but i do not know. ? Is it really because of the oxygen ? Maybe the 3 engines that comes with the HBOT produce another gaz which is the guilty ?
If someone has an explanation, or a theory, please advise.

Big question is : what about doing HBOT for him if he feels dizzy when there's a tiny addition of oxygen in the air ?

I was wondering if there are any members who live in Massachusetts or Southern New Hampshire who have an HBOT unit that they might like to share - for a fee of course.

The reason I ask is that my son, who has Downs and is 38 years old has led a very (luckily) healthy life. BUT after this year's physical, it was noted with alarm that his platelets were very much below normal. And, this has never happened before. He was having issues with his liver enzymes being really high, but that had pretty much corrected itself to the MD's amazement.

We were referred to an oncologist/hematologist doctor, and he noted that his platelets have dropped to 41,000 - the norm is around 150,000. Curiously enough, the oncologist's first question to me was "Did he have a Covid shot". I answered that he had the J&J shot in April 2021. And then he said that this is something he has been seeing lately - but that he cannot be sure that the Covid shot has something to do with the situation. And he repeated that statement twice to me and added "Do you understand mother?" And my reply was YES I DO. The oncologist/hematologist doctor has scheduled my son for a follow-up bloodwork in a month. And that leads me to at least hope that there is no extreme urgency - but I'm not a doctor.

Therefore, I am looking for an HBOT clinic and found one in Randolph, MA. If anyone else has searched Massachusetts for an HBOT clinic that they may have tried out, let me know. And, thanks!

Hi Echo Blue,
I live outside of Boston (about a 30 minute drive) and seriously thinking about getting the Macy Pan 1.5 atmosphere soft chamber. I just have to convince my spouse and find a place to put it. I would certainly rent it/gift it out if I end up getting it. I did find some other places in the Boston area that do have chambers:
Concord, MA
TS Manual Therapy | Treatment for Myofascial Dysfunctions
North Reading:
Hope Connection HBOT | Hyperbaric Oxygen for Physical Excellence
$125/session. Financial help available. Looks like they might be quite knowledgeable.

I'm trying to convince my aging parents who are in denial of their health issues to try this treatment. My mother is in the beginning stages of dementia--forgetting plans, repeating stories--and so far declines to be evaluated by a doctor. She states that "it's not so bad yet." In my experience as a nurse, it only gets rapidly worse over the next few years. I have communicated that this an issue that is really going to be delegated to me in the future which I think she may have taken under consideration.

My father has cirrhosis after decades of 2 scotches & soda water/night then switching to wine after his diagnosis when he was in his mid 60s. My mother in her delusion thought that wine would be "ok" and my father in his delusion and wish to keep drinking, had 2 glasses of wine/night for the next several years until his body broke down again. For the last 2 years he has not been drinking which I have been very impressed with. He was recently in the hospital for chronic diarrhea which, after many tests, is thought to be caused by slow motility of his small intestine. This is connected to his diagnoses of portal vein hypertension, ascites and cirrhosis. At one point they thought that he might have some sort of tear in his small intestine and were getting ready to do exploratory laparoscopic small bowel surgery but fortunately the cooler head of a female surgeon won out. She said he would be a lot sicker if there was a tear in his intestine and there really was not evidence on the scans that he had one.

Anyways, before having them try the home chamber, which makes me nervous, I'd rather they consult with someone who has some expertise. I am thinking of contacting the place in North Reading. I'm wondering if someone like Dr Harch who has a clinic in New Orleans would consult. I think that he would have them come to New Orleans, however. They are unwilling to do this.

If anyone had any experience in using HBOT for dementia or liver/bowel issues? From my research so far it seems like it can only help but I just don't feel comfortable administering the treatment to them. And they won't do it yet anyways.

Good morning Candasiri,

Thanks for the very kind offer - should you purchase a unit! I am only about a half hour drive from you and regularly pass through Concord to visit with my daughter. Please keep me in mind should the opportunity arise. And I am more than happy to pay for the opportunity. Plus, I would love to also have the chance to try out HBOT myself!

I did reach out to a place in Randolph, MA and they sent me an application to fill out before an initial consult. I know with winter approaching, the thought of having to travel one hour plus is a bit overwhelming.

And I am sorry to hear about your mother and dad and their difficulties. My baby sister developed dementia. We took care of her for 8 years. So I do understand your concerns. Growing old, as my dad used to say, isn't for sissies!

I did my 2nd session today, all went well.

I have a special question, or wondering :
Any here having ever heard about people feeling dizzy due to extra oxygen floating around in the air ? Dizzyness + dry throat. After a few minutes after i started HBOT, my colleague (and cousin also) who sits at +/- 8m in another room started these symptoms and he told me it was (probably) because of the extra oxygen !? He recently had a pulmonary trombosis, in August, and when they (at the hospital) put him the oxygen mask he had to remove it because of the same symptoms. I just have hard to think that the so low volume of oxygen pumped in the whole volume of the office could affect someone around ... but i do not know. ? Is it really because of the oxygen ? Maybe the 3 engines that comes with the HBOT produce another gaz which is the guilty ?
If someone has an explanation, or a theory, please advise.

Big question is : what about doing HBOT for him if he feels dizzy when there's a tiny addition of oxygen in the air ?
I am a novice HBO user and not very experienced yet. I have only had 4 sessions in a professional baroque chamber at the local hospital. It does not supply oxygen through a mask but fills the entire space of the chamber (about 96% oxygen).
I don't quite understand what you mean by +/- 8m. I had 3 sessions at 1.3 atm and felt slightly dizzy, dry mouth and thirsty after the session (I drink a few sips of water, which I always have with me). At 1.6 atm the dizziness and weakness was significant.
Alas, I don't know what I can advise you to do to relieve these symptoms. For me, they are tolerable. But apparently it is all individual.
I hope the symptoms will decrease as the body adapts to oxygen and heals from illnesses (I have iron deficiency anaemia).

If anyone had any experience in using HBOT for dementia
Dr Efrati published a paper on this topic:

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy alleviates vascular dysfunction and amyloid burden in an Alzheimer’s disease mouse model and in elderly patients.

we showed here that HBOT offers multi-faceted neuroprotective effects on the complex pathology of Alzheimer’s disease and also improves CBF and cognition in humans. Targeting various pathways involved in the basic pathophysiology of AD may offer a more potent strategy for modifying disease progression. To this point, HBOT has been demonstrated to ameliorate the pathology and improve behavior in three AD mouse models, namely 3xTg-AD, 5XFAD and APP/PS1 mice [17, 36]. Given that HBOT is considered a safe and tolerable treatment currently being used in the clinic, the increasing number of clinical trials showing that HBOT improves cognitive function in patients suffering from chronic brain damage, the pre-clinical studies elucidating mechanisms of HBOT action, and the fact that there is presently no effective intervention for AD, HBOT should be considered as a therapeutic approach to slow the progression or even improve the pathophysiology responsible for this disease.

I have not yet had the opportunity to experience this therapy from afar, even less close.
Nevertheless, on a small level, it is similar to intense physical training, which requires electrolyte intake in addition to vitamins for better recovery and to be able to continue functioning and praticing.
Well over half of our body weight is water. Doctors believe that the body's water is restricted to different spaces, called fluid compartments. The three main compartments are
-Liquids contained in the cells
-Fluids in the space surrounding the cells
- Blood

In order to function normally, the body must prevent the fluid levels in these areas from varying too much.

Some minerals, particularly the macrominerals (minerals that the body needs in relatively large quantities), are important as electrolytes. Electrolytes are minerals that carry an electrical charge when dissolved in a liquid such as blood. Blood electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chlorine and bicarbonate) help regulate nerve and muscle function and maintain acid-base and water balance.

Electrolytes, particularly sodium, help the body maintain normal fluid volumes in fluid compartments, as the amount of fluid in a compartment depends on the amount (concentration) of electrolytes present. If the electrolyte concentration is high, fluid enters that compartment (a process called osmosis). Similarly, if the concentration of electrolytes is low, the fluid leaves that compartment. To adjust fluid volumes, the body can move electrolytes in and out of cells. Thus, it is important to have adequate electrolyte concentrations (electrolyte balance) to maintain water balance in the compartments.

The kidneys help to maintain electrolyte concentrations by filtering electrolytes and water from the blood, returning some of them to the blood and excreting the excess amount in the urine. In this way, the kidneys help maintain the balance between daily electrolyte and water intake and excretion.

If the electrolyte balance is altered, disorders may occur. For example, an electrolyte imbalance may be due to
- Dehydration or overhydration
- Taking certain medications
- Certain heart, kidney or liver disorders
-Too much fluid or food given intravenously or orally
DeepL.
https://www.msdmanuals.com/fr/accueil/troubles-hormonaux-et-métaboliques/équilibre-électrolytique/présentation-des-électrolytes

Just as there are baby steps, there are baby swimmers happy like fish in water...
When diving in the sea, the calmer you are, the less tired you are, by swimming with fluidity and amplitude, in flexibility, you go further with less fatigue, having a notion of self awareness evolving in this liquid environment.
In the case of this thread in the air environment.

(I have iron deficiency anaemia)
This is an aside to this thread, it may interest you as a reading:
"Being anaemic does not automatically mean that you are iron deficient. Anemia is usually associated with impaired iron recycling, not deficiency, and impaired iron recycling is caused by copper and retinol deficiency."
Ce que vous ignorez sur le fer peut nuire à votre santé

According to Polish doctor Jan Pokrywka, atmospheric conditions before the Flood were similar to those preserved in the air bubbles contained in amber: oxygen content of 32% at pressures between 1500-2000 hPa. There were also higher levels of carbon dioxide and also hydrogen which was not present in these air bubbles because amber is permeable to hydrogen.
He said that under such conditions a life of about 800 years is quite possible.
He himself lives in a house - a chamber he built and in which the above air conditions are present
I think this is an interesting question for Cs during the next session

According to Polish doctor Jan Pokrywka, atmospheric conditions before the Flood were similar to those preserved in the air bubbles contained in amber: oxygen content of 32% at pressures between 1500-2000 hPa. There were also higher levels of carbon dioxide and also hydrogen which was not present in these air bubbles because amber is permeable to hydrogen.
He said that under such conditions a life of about 800 years is quite possible.
He himself lives in a house - a chamber he built and in which the above air conditions are present
I think this is an interesting question for Cs during the next session
Another thought, this could party explain the PTB plans with covid. The disease and all the mask wearing depletes the body of oxygen and it’s ability to carry oxygen, preventing the people from being able to breathe and absorb an environmental increase in oxygen concentration and partial pressure. Perhaps that’s how the control could be maintained over an evolutionary leap caused by more oxygen.

Edit: added
But they hadn’t figured out how to stop the oxygen from curing people if their ills. Perhaps that’s the bit they were still working out when the virus accidentally escaped Fort Derrick.

Last edited:
Here’s the case study for long Covid symptoms.

60 sessions total. Sessions were 90 minutes long and were performed at 2.0 ATA, 20 minutes on with 5 minute breaks. The patient saw serious improvements, especially in the body’s ability to uptake oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom