Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Does anyone else experience shortness of breath since starting HBOT?
I did 10 sessions in the last 17 days and I noticed that occasionally I get short of breath especially going up the stairs or walking up steep slope. I also had few brief episodes of palpitations. I also noticed energy crash happening usually on the day following HBOT. It lasts for couple of hours and then I am fine. Funny thing is - if i work out at the gym or paddling at the sea and swimming there is no shortness of breath.
Recently, unrelated to this i had ECG which was normal and I had my BP taken and it was text book perfect.
As mentioned previously in this thread I noticed these energy slumps from the beginning and I laid off fasting. Decided to take it easy and do the dives on alternate days.

I spoke to a friend who is a doctor and he theorises that there might be a mild oedema in the lungs as a part of healing process initiated by higher oxygen. Not so sure about this.
I had COVID in June which ended with mild pneumonia so I am not sure if this has anything to do with it. Since than i had total anaesthesia for routine endoscopy procedure and everything was perfectly fine which would rule out serious problem with lungs.
I did ramp up liposomal vitamin C, NAC , omega 3 and ALA. Was also going to start Q10.
Granted this could be a coincidence unrelated to HBOT but I am not sure. I did restart Lugol after long break - only 2 drops per day but after palpitations I stopped it. Havent had palpitations since. Thing of note is that i did experience palpitations just before getting sick with COVID.

I am inclined to continue with HBOT and soldier through but I was also thinking to maybe give it at least 7-10 days break and see what happens. I am posting a relevant bit from the Oxygen revolution book which made me think slower pace is maybe what is needed in my particular case.

What do you all think is the right way to move forward? Any thoughts appreciated.
The body is basically lazy. Oxygen therapy will alter the body's red cell and hemoglobin balance and the body may develop anemia because it does not have to work at the normal oxygen uptake. Taking brakes when feeling weak with shortness of breath along with increased exercising should minimize this potential.

I have notice that the high oxygen therapy has a potent detoxing and and clean lethal affect on weak cells. Therefore, immature and old red blood cells may breakdown resulting and a temporary anemia. In time the cleansing affect will result in healthier RBC. This cleansing and regenerative affect will depend upon how is the strength and health of your total cellular mass. As Laura is experiencing, the aging process will be slowed and reversed as long as the body's weak and dysfunctional cells are replaced by younger and healthier ones.

The aging crepey-ness is going away. I mean, the skin on my hands and forearms looks about 5 to 10 years younger.
This is so exciting to know that us oldies can avoid the moldies :-D

On Laura's note about the knees, I've had some minor knee issues for quite a while. During one particular sequence of my usual yoga routine, they'd go snap-crackle-pop. It was quite loud and very unpleasant, although there was no pain involved. The other day that, after about 80 HBOT sessions, I noticed that there is no more loud, uncomfortable knee stuff going on during my stretching!

It is not clear to me what the relevant supplements are.
Can anyone explain which supplement is needed ?

I'm no expert, but I think that it depends on what issues you are working with, and which supplements you're using currently. I don't know if it makes sense to make any big changes in supplementation during the course of HBOT sessions because there's already a ton of cleansing, clearing, and healing going on as it is.

Perhaps someone with some more expertise can weigh in?

The most relevant change for me during the HBOT sessions has been to switch to taking Liposomal Vit C instead of capsules of ascorbic acid.

Any potent antioxidants to neutralise the free radicals created by increased oxidation of all the evil substances accumulating in the body. The big trio is - Liposomal Vit C, alpha lipoic acid and N acetyl cystein as a precursor to gluthatione synthesis- never take synthetic gluthatione as this has counter effect. Also green tea extract like matcha is powerful antioxidant.
Iodine is mild oxidant itself however it will help endocrine function and general detox dislodging all the nasty stuff like heavy metals. Just make sure to get enough Selenium preferably in organic form.

@iamthatis FWIW i don’t think all cracking in the joints is necessarily a bad thing, sometimes there is air bubbles trapped in synovial fluid and during their action and compression they pop - well at least i read something like that while ago.

Added , I would avoid Iodine in the initial stages of HBOT until your body gets used to the treatment, since Iodine on its own can cause some side effects ( like palpitations ) its better to not throw too many things at the body at once OSIT

Meanwhile, we connected the chamber directly to the compressor machine today (totally bypassing the cooling system) and we had 2 sessions back to back with no issues. The air coming inside the chamber is a bit warmer, but the weather here is (finally!) getting a bit cooler so it was no problem at all. And no water or extra humidity inside the chamber.
Also, sometimes after a session, we have been propping open the entryway with a pillow and putting a small floor fan inside the chamber for a couple hours in order to dry up any excess condensation or moisture that may have accumulated inside while operating without the cooling unit. No other problems so far.

Also, sometimes after a session, we have been propping open the entryway with a pillow and putting a small floor fan inside the chamber for a couple hours in order to dry up any excess condensation or moisture that may have accumulated inside while operating without the cooling unit. No other problems so far.
The air drier is optional and costly, therefore I suspect that several customers, like you, use the HBOT without air drier. This feature is very useful in moist climate like the tropical area.

As someone already noted, it is dependent on the individual and his/her condition/issues. Obviously, the anti-oxidants/detox supplements should be taken with your regular routine supplements.

For example: I have to take a LOT of magnesium; Ark does not. He drinks magnesium water daily so if I were to give him magnesium, it would not be pleasant. I, on the other hand, drink only distilled water...

I take a baby aspirin every day; Ark takes Kardegic which combines aspirin with Lysine. He is susceptible to shingles, I am not.

We both take metformin every day, though in different dosages.

Ark has a supplement with Vitamin E for his eyes. I can't take vitamin E since it inflames me, but I take another eye supplement without it.

We both take biotin, but in different dosages.

I take Sermion (nicergoline) daily, but Ark does not since it stresses the kidneys and since his chemo, we have to take care with that.

We both take liposomal Vitamin C.

I take B vitamins, Ark does not since his blood work shows that his B vites are very good. Mine are not.

We both take Vitamin D and K2.

I take fish oil, Ark does not since it is incorporated into his eye supplement.

We both take pycnogenol, but in different dosages.

We both take Aterina (sulodexide) daily.

We both take mucosan (ambroxol) daily.

You will note that a number of supplements we take are geared at circulatory system issues. At our age, with our individual histories, these are necessary. But each of the supplements we take for this approach a different aspect of that potential problem.

For anti-ox, as noted, Vitamin C... and we also take Glutathione.

I take an iodine pill once a week on Sunday, Ark does not. His blood work shows that he does not need it, but I do.

Once or twice a week, we take a multi-mineral supplement without iron.

So, as you can see, our plans are individualized, but similar.

For anti-ox, as noted, Vitamin C... and we also take Glutathione.
According to this only Glutathione in sublingual form actually has anti-oxidative effect, regular oral form apparently adds to oxidative burden, so this may be something to keep in mind unless you are already taking sublingual form.

According to this only Glutathione in sublingual form actually has anti-oxidative effect, regular oral form apparently adds to oxidative burden, so this may be something to keep in mind unless you are already taking sublingual form.

Cool tip: you can empty the oral glutathione capsule powder under your tongue and keep it there for 5-10mins.

I have a question about the oxygen generator. I noticed, it got really hot, mainly underneath. I measured +50C! on the floor. (My temperature meter ends at 50C.) As this is very new to me, it seems too hot.

Could I ask if any of you, with a Macy Pan oxygen generator, could measure the temperature underneath - to have a comparison, what is normal? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom