Near-Earth objects and close calls

Once again, the words of Clube come to mind:

History, it now seems, is repeating itself: it has taken the Space Age to revive the Platonist voice of reason but it emerges this time within a modern anti-fundamentalist, anti-apocalyptic tradition over which governments may, as before, be unable to exercise control. The logical response is perhaps a commitment on the part of government to the voice of reason and a decision to eliminate all signs as well as perpetrators of cosmic catastrophes in order to appease a public not too far given to rabid uniformitarianism. Cynics … would say that we do not need the celestial threat to disguise Cold War intentions; rather we need the Cold War to disguise celestial intentions!

We have just seen a bolide described as variously a Russian missile, Ukrainian air defence, and a satellite which has been intentionally brought down. It will be interesting to see if this is widely acknowledged in the mainstream media.

Edit - I saw that the BBC article does describe this as a probable meteorite. If it had caused a destructive impact, however, I think there might be a different story.

This morning just before 9am, we hear a loud boom that shook the windows of the house. Niall was outside at the time and said he heard a strange sound kind of like a 'car horn', but not really just before the explosion. Clear blue sky. If it was a bolide, it's an interesting coincidence after last night's even over the Kiev area.

At that moment I was also in my garden. It sounded like a huge explosion happened nearby and it felt like the sound and intensity of it reverberated after the big boom, something like wave echo if that makes sense. Maybe not related, but when I went inside I blew my nose and there was blood on my tissue. That rarely happens to me.

The only thing I found online about it is (Deepl translation from French)

The explosion heard from Castelsarrasin to Toulouse is not a plane breaking the sound barrier

A sort of detonation was heard around 8:50 am this Thursday morning in the Tarn-et-Garonne, the north of the Haute-Garonne and up to Toulouse. It was not a plane breaking the sound barrier, nor was it an earthquake. A hypothesis is still being explored.

The South defense zone is not aware of it

France Bleu Occitanie contacted the army, the Southern Defense Zone. And it is a certainty, the explosion heard from Castelsarrasin to Toulouse is not a plane having crossed the sound barrier.

France Bleu Occitanie contacted the RENASS, the national network for monitoring seismic activity, because the tremors are sometimes accompanied by a noise resembling an explosion, but the explosion of this Thursday morning is not due to an earthquake; their devices have not recorded anything.

A quarry shot?

What is left? Since this explosion did not lead to the intervention of the fire department, there remains the hypothesis of a quarry fire, not confirmed at this stage. Also called mine shooting, they can cause shocks and deflagrations.

Because the RENASS devices are not exhaustive for quarry shots. They record some, but not all. For this, many recording stations are needed, and in an area close enough to the site of the explosion. And indeed, in the Castelsarrasin area, the national seismic monitoring network does not have many stations.

The investigation continues.

If the explosion was heard from Castel to Toulouse (a distance of what? 40-50 kms?) I think that the explanation of a bolide exploding in the atmosphere makes a lot of sense.

@Ben and @Alana,
That event sounds similar to that my friend described last week (post #1051). Might it be earth passing debris of some space body?

And Ben’s quote of V.Clube 👆, makes me think that all that Russia/Ukraine ‘war’ and general rising tensions in the world-perfectly fits his thesis.

I've been thinking all day about the extraordinary coincidence involved here. A fairly substantial bolide over Kiev at this time when huge numbers of people are focused on the skies around that part of the world. They aren't uncommon, we of all people know this, but the Earth is still a very large area for such objects to fall on.

Now the added coincidence of a (very likely) space rock entry over that particular part of France.

You have our attention!

Now the added coincidence of a (very likely) space rock entry over that particular part of France.

You have our attention!
Sure, and since Kiev is in Ukraine, it reminded of Session 26 February 2022 a few days after the up tick in the RU/NATO conflict
Q: (L) So, there's a portal in Ukraine?

A: Yes

Q: (L) And you once said there's a portal in the Middle East, didn't you?

Q: (L) Okay.
Q: (Andrian) Is it possible to know where the portal is located exactly? Western or Eastern, North, South Ukraine?

A: Near Kiev.
There are fireballs, also where there are no portals, but in the same session, there was:
(Regulattor) What about vaccines virus recombinations/mutations, how is that developing? Is it still too early to say how lethal it is going to be?

A: Not the biggest problem.

Q: (L) What IS the biggest problem?

A: Virus from space/4D STS.
Even though, a virus from space does not have to come via a fireball, as there was in Session 17 July 2022:
(Joe) How correct are scientists' ideas about viruses?

A: Close enough though there is a lot they do not know including the fact that a virus is a transdensity structure.

Q: (Joe) Do viruses come from outside of the human body or from inside?

A: Both.

Q: (Joe) So the body can also make them?

Q: (Joe) Are they infectious?

A: Depending on the specific virus. Mostly, yes.

Q: (L) Is that it?
And in Session 22 October 2022
Q: (MK Scarlett) In the last session, the C's said about Joe's question "How correct are scientists' ideas about viruses?": "Close enough though there is a lot they do not know including the fact that a virus is a transdensity structure." What are the mechanisms/structures or other things they do not know about?

A: Ethereal for example. Do you know about such structures?
It is hard to say if anything like a virus is incoming, but it is possible, so we wait and see.

Rapid fire fireballs
As mentioned, the largest registered hit this year struck east of Beira in Mozambique on April 15 at 8:22 UT Seven hours later: Bright meteor fireball explodes over Israel, residents report hearing sonic boom on April 15 this was about 5:16 pm which is 17:16 local time + UTC/GMT +2 so 15:16 UT.

Next, leading up to the fireball over Kiev, there was:
Meteor fireball over Toledo, Spain (April 17) observed about 03:59 UT 16 hours later: Meteor fireball over northwest Europe on April 17 Observed about 19:31 UT and less than one and a half hour later: Meteor fireball over UK on April 17 Observed about 20:57 UT.

The next day and 23 hours later, though it was not close to midnight, there was: Meteor fireball over northwest Europe on April 18 Observed about 19:57 UT Again the next day and 23 hours later, the one over Kiev on April 19 was recorded at 21:57 local time which is UTC/GMT + 3 hours so 18:57 UT

Finally, the boom in France came around 08:50 UTC/GMT +2, or 06:50 UT on April 20, in the twelfth hour after the Kiev fireball.

Regarding events in the sky, consider also this post by Altair on Dec 28, 2022Russian astrologer Svetlana Dragan:
In her latest interview (20 Dec 2022) she talks about "cosmic strangeness" starting from April 2023 (nothing more specific, though), as well as "fire in the sky", rising and submerging of land masses (from 2025-2026), radical change of our notion of the cosmos, increased polarization between people who can see (unterstand) what's happening and those who can't see or who can't cope with it, importance of controlling negative emotions (especially, fear), changes in human body (not very noticeable at first), changes in hormonal system, changes in thinking and worldview, changes in our capabilities (she gives telepathy as an example), main danger in 2023: cosmic fiery or technogenic processes.
We will see.

The NASA CNEOS list from the beginning of the year with locations links from Google.

The time is given in UT, that is very close to UTC/GMT.

2023-01-02 16:38:021.5N129.0E44.65.0e100.16
The sea east of an Island in Indonesia.
2023-01-09 01:17:1445.7S135.0E27.016.72.3-0.416.59.0e100.28
Indian Ocean south of Australia
2023-01-11 23:59:5031.5N18.6E33.517.5-16.14.5-5.24.6e100.15
The Mediterranean Sea, north of Libya
2023-01-17 06:56:5933.1N173.7W38.014.27.8-5.6-10.52.9e100.1
Pacific Ocean
2023-01-22 17:11:433.5N76.2W61.02.0e100.073
Palmira, Valle del Cauca, Colombia This would be a daytime event.
2023-02-02 20:49:2226.2S143.1W33.03.0e100.1
Pacific Ocean
2023-02-14 22:55:2548.0S53.3W32.315.6-15.13.7-0.918.4e100.52
Atlantic Ocean
2023-02-19 06:15:347.9N109.9E37.023.0-1.1-22.91.220.3e100.57
South China Sea
2023-03-03 02:53:5440.1N87.4E32.025.316.1-19.32.66.4e100.2
Ruoqiang County, Bayingolin, Xinjiang, China China Standard Time is UTC plus 8, so a daytime event.
2023-03-11 08:21:2874.7S79.5E32.044.4e101.1
Antarctic Ice shield, Antarctica
2023-03-20 06:53:2323.7S132.6E34.82.7e100.095
MacDonnell Region, Northern Territory 0872, Australia Australian Central Standard Time is UTC +9:30. Therefore, the above event happened in the afternoon.
2023-04-01 00:02:0316.8S76.0E61.846.421.4-40.67.12.4e100.086
Indian Ocean
2023-04-06 14:47:3957.4N109.9E31.222.18.63.6-20.07.2e100.23
Kirensky District, Irkutsk oblast, Russia The local time is UTC + 8, so it would be night.
2023-04-15 08:22:0120.1S36.0E41.417.21.6-14.78.8309.7e106.3
Mozambique Channel, east of the city Beira It was a daytime event.

The exercise indicates that most of what comes in is probably not registered by us. More than half will happen in daytime or twilight and water covers about 70 % of the earth surface area, even if we should be able to see some of the events from the land or the shores. Of the above 14 events, five happened over land. I was not able to find any video recordings, perhaps others are more lucky.

An asteroid the size of the Eiffel Tower made a close approach to Earth on April 26, 2023.

27 APR, 2023

By IAN RANDALL - Apr 25, 2023

From SOTT Earth Changes Summary - April 2023: Extreme Weather, Planetary Upheaval, Meteor Fireballs -- Sott.net I went through the list to find the meteors and fireballs, with links and embedded recordings from Ukraine and Mexico.
Code:
April 2, Toledo Spain https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=68
April 3, France, UK https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=139
April 5, Spain, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=263
April 11, New York, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=469
April 14, Israel, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=580
April 17, NW Europe, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=717
April 17, Toledo, Spain, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=732
April 17, UK, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=746
April 18, NW Europe, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=777
April 19, UA, Kiev,
Code:
April 19, Washington State, British Columbia, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=824
April 20, Connecticut, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=871
April 21, Central Indiana, US, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=918
April 23, South of Spain, https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=1090
April 25, Megacryometeor: https://youtu.be/OgNa5lMGS_s?t=1103
April 28, Mexico,

Was out walking the dog 4 nights ago when, looking up, I noticed a fireball streaking across the sky with a rather long tail trailing behind. The neo wasn't particularly bright or close but still pretty hard to miss if one happened to be looking up at the time. This was in Western North Carolina, btw. Didn't see anything reported about it the following day when I checked.

This is the third fireball I've ever scene with the naked eye. The first two were brighter and disappeared in close to a flash after seeing them. I imagine there will be a time when spotting one of these will become much more commonplace, and less "oh wow!" But in the meantime, they still maintain their 'novelty' for me and a good reminder of what's in the process of occurring (along with the Earth Changes videos and SOTT coverage).

Officials were trying to determine if a metallic object that smashed through the roof of a Hopewell Township house Monday was a meteorite.

The oblong, 4-inch-by-6-inch object penetrated the the roof of Old Washington Crossing Pennington Road ranch-style home, then crashed through the ceiling and stopped after it hit the hardwood floor, according to a statement from the Hopewell Township Police Department.

The house was occupied at the time but no injuries were reported, police said.

The department said it has contacted several other agencies to aid in identifying the object and safeguarding the residents.

It may be related to a current meteor shower called the Eta Aquariids, which was expected to reach its peak activity during the pre-dawn hours this past Saturday. The shower occurs when the Earth passes through tiny pieces of space debris from the famous Halley’s Comet.

The object crashed through the roof and ceiling of the ranch-style home before impacting its hardwood floor, investigators said.Hopewell Township Police
Chris Sheldon may be reached at csheldon@njadvancemedia.com.

In #Elmshorn in Schleswig-Holstein, a tennis ball-sized #Meteorit hit a house. His finder tells about the rare event - and what he intends to do with the found object.

Mid Snip:
The report (opens in new tab) cites the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, which estimates that there are nearly 1,000 NEOs larger than 0.6 miles (1 kilometer) wide out there. Space rocks of this size would cause serious damage if they hit Earth, and about 5% of that NEO population remains unaccounted for.

From there, the numbers go up as the objects get smaller. The smaller the size class, the higher its abundance and undiscovered estimation. Approximately 25,000 potentially hazardous NEOs larger than 460 feet (140 m) are currently being tracked, along with about 230,000 in the 165-foot (50 m) class; less than 8% of this latter group are currently being tracked. In addition, there are millions of smaller objects that could "cause some surface damage" should they survive their atmospheric descent, according to the report.

Thankfully, none of the big NEOs already under humanity's watchful eye are expected to fly close enough to the planet to result in an impact. Currently, the closest pass of a dangerous NEO to Earth is expected in 2029, when the 1,100-foot-wide (335 m) asteroid Apophis will fly within 19,635 miles (31,600 km) of the planet's surface.

That's almost like getting grazed by a bullet. For perspective: The moon orbits Earth at an average distance of about 240,000 miles (385,000 km).

Apophis' 2029 approach is therefore going to be quite an event, and the updated planetary defense plan urges the aerospace and defense industries to take advantage of the asteroid's pass. Apophis presents "a serendipitous opportunity to further advance Earth's planetary defense through technology demonstrations and international collaboration," the report states.

Back
Top Bottom