Events in Russia

Yes, I think the danger here lies in justifying the torture because it is done to the other 'team' and thus a black and white way of thinking. If one falls for that argument, then 'they' have succeeded in getting people to accept torture as being ok. When it isn't.
Is it really that black and white though? I think we can all accept that torture is wrong, however this is still a generalised statement, and only the specific situation determines good and evil. So the more relevant question might be: could that cutting off of that terrorist's ear have been an STO act?

Suppose that act of apparent brutality sent a 'message' to other potential terrorists that will result in fewer terror attacks or participants, which will result in the saving of lives. Can we be so quick to judge? We should remember that the powers that Russia is fighting against murder and rape children in a deliberate, organised way, and are the puppets of even worse powers that slaughter and torture humans on an industrial scale.

Personally, I don't think that such a brutal act was likely to be anything other than STS, and while it would be nice to think that Russians are such ethically perfect people they would never indulge in an animalistic impulse for revenge, the reality is that everyone makes mistakes, and to be impartial would mean holding Russian security forces to the same standards as western security forces. In the latter, we have a clear historical pattern of aggressive, brutal and egregiously criminal behaviour - including torture - internationally, while the former has tended to focus on domestic order and their own 'backyard'.

So if one small participant (or group of participants) on the Russian side occasionally reacts disproportionately to the Anglo-American attempts to wholesale dominate and destroy them, I for one am okay with that, provided the overall direction and momentum of the greater good is preserved.

Is it really that black and white though? I think we can all accept that torture is wrong, however this is still a generalised statement, and only the specific situation determines good and evil. So the more relevant question might be: could that cutting off of that terrorist's ear have been an STO act?

Suppose that act of apparent brutality sent a 'message' to other potential terrorists that will result in fewer terror attacks or participants, which will result in the saving of lives. Can we be so quick to judge? We should remember that the powers that Russia is fighting against murder and rape children in a deliberate, organised way, and are the puppets of even worse powers that slaughter and torture humans on an industrial scale.

Personally, I don't think that such a brutal act was likely to be anything other than STS, and while it would be nice to think that Russians are such ethically perfect people they would never indulge in an animalistic impulse for revenge, the reality is that everyone makes mistakes, and to be impartial would mean holding Russian security forces to the same standards as western security forces. In the latter, we have a clear historical pattern of aggressive, brutal and egregiously criminal behaviour - including torture - internationally, while the former has tended to focus on domestic order and their own 'backyard'.

So if one small participant (or group of participants) on the Russian side occasionally reacts disproportionately to the Anglo-American attempts to wholesale dominate and destroy them, I for one am okay with that, provided the overall direction and momentum of the greater good is preserved.
It's a bit ornate, in my opinion, but on the whole I agree.
I was thinking about what my posts might look like in the understanding of English speakers or, even cooler, in the understanding of people who, like me, translate posts into their native language. Guys, this is terrible!:scared:
But I really try to write simpler, so as not to allow double interpretation.

Это несколько витиевато, на мой взгляд, но в целом я согласен.
Я тут подумал, как же могут выглядеть мои записи в понимании англоязычных или, что еще круче, в понимании людей, которые так же как и я переводят посты на родной язык. Ребята, это ужас!
Но я правда стараюсь писать попроще, чтобы не допускать двоякого толкования.

The investigation is underway.
Bastrykin: the accused testified about the customers of the terrorist attack in Crocus
The head of the UK also said that four perpetrators of the terrorist attack in Crocus City Hall had pleaded guilty
MOSCOW, March 25. /tass/. All four perpetrators of the terrorist act in Crocus City Hall pleaded guilty, and three more were detained for helping terrorists. This was stated by the chairman of the Investigative Committee of Russia, Alexander Bastrykin, at a meeting with Head of state Vladimir Putin.

"Four perpetrators of the terrorist attack have been charged and they have been taken into custody. All the accused admitted their guilt during interrogation and in court and gave detailed testimony about the circumstances of the crime, about the customers and persons who assisted in preparing for the terrorist attack," he said.

Bastrykin added that the investigation identified and detained three more people who assisted in the preparation of the tract. They "provided an apartment for living", a car, and also "transferred funds".

The head of the department clarified that a petition for detention was sent to the court in respect of three defendants.

The Basmanny court granted the request of the investigation and arrested on Monday three more defendants in the case, the Islomov brothers and their father Isroil Islomov, on charges of participating in the terrorist attack. They are charged with paragraph "b", Part 3, Article 205 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, which provides for participation in a terrorist act by a group of persons.

The maximum penalty for this composition is life imprisonment. The day before, the court detained four accused of the direct execution of the terrorist attack: Dalerjon Mirzoev, Saidakram Rachabalizoda, Shamsidin Fariduni and Mukhammadsobir Fayzov.
https://tass.ru/obschestvo/20353257?utm_source=yxnews&utm_medium=desktop

After all, it was not for nothing that his ear was cut off. At least not to confuse him, to highlight him as a leader.
This is a joke, of course.
The leader of the terrorists who attacked Crocus City Hall has been identified. Shamsidin Fariduni turned out to be the
main figure in organizing the terrorist attack at the Crocus City Concert Hall, which shocked the public. According to the publication of the publication "Politics", it was Fariduni who assumed the role of organizer after he received a task from an unidentified "preacher". During the investigation, it turned out that the preparation for the crime began in Turkey, where Fariduni received the first instructions and the promise of a reward in the amount of half a million rubles for completing the mission.

Fariduni repeatedly visited the site of a future attack in order to carefully plan the group's actions and escape routes. According to sources, the concert venue was explored by him and his accomplice Fayzov at least five times, which indicates serious preparations for a terrorist attack.

A few days before the attack, a group of criminals stayed in a hotel room on the outskirts of Moscow, where important evidence was found during a search conducted by special services. These data confirm the careful organization and planning of a terrorist attack aimed at causing maximum damage and panic among the population.

The investigation is ongoing, and investigators are recreating in detail the chronology of events leading to the tragedy, seeking to fully disclose all the circumstances of what happened.
Установлен главарь террористов, атаковавших "Крокус Сити Холл"

The Turks, as usual, are not in business. White and fluffy.
Hurriyet: Turkey has carefully studied the data on the attackers in the Crocus

ANKARA, 26 Mar — RIA Novosti. Ankara has carefully studied the data on the attackers in the Crocus City Hall near Moscow, who visited Turkey, Hurriyet newspaper reported, citing sources.

"Ankara has carefully studied all issues related to these two people who came to Turkey and returned to Moscow, and is informing Moscow about all events," the newspaper reported.

According to the newspaper, both suspects who went to the Russian capital had also arrived in Turkey from there earlier.
"In other words, they followed the route Moscow — Turkey — Moscow. They are not registered in Turkey. There were no warnings from Moscow to Ankara regarding these two people. Naturally, there is nothing abnormal about the return of two people who arrived from Moscow and have no registration in Turkey," the newspaper writes.
The newspaper added that Ankara expects to expand the exchange of information and documents, as well as define a common framework for the fight against ISIS.

After being detained, one of the participants in the terrorist attack in Crocus admitted that he had flown from Turkey on March 4. He also said that he was offered half a million rubles for killing people.
Another defendant, Shamsidin Fariduni, posted photos from Istanbul on Instagram in February, RIA Novosti found out. According to information from his social network, he made eight publications in one day — on February 23. Almost all the photos show the geolocation "Aksaray, Istanbul". Among the published images there is a photo of Fariduni himself, as well as photos taken, presumably, at the Fatih Mosque.
Турция тщательно изучила данные по нападавшим в "Крокусе", пишут СМИ

This does not relate directly to the terrorist attack, but it is definitely a consequence of it. Now they will clean the capital a little from Asians.
A native of Tajikistan, suspected of having links with the GUR of Ukraine, was detained in Moscow
In the capital of Russia, traffic police officers detained a 29-year-old native of Tajikistan, Kakhramon Merganov, who aroused suspicion by his behavior during a traffic check. The incident occurred in the evening, when Merganov was driving a Mazda 3 car. According to the Telegram channel Mash, his noticeable nervousness became the reason for a more thorough search by law enforcement agencies.

During the check, anti-Russian messages were found in Merganov's phone, which he exchanged with citizens of Ukraine and Tajikistan. It is also noted that Merganov had experience of staying in Kiev, which probably contributed to the establishment of ties with the Ukrainian side.

Against the background of the discovered data, it was decided to detain Merganov for further investigation aimed at clarifying the details of his possible connection with Ukrainian intelligence. As part of the verification measures, both a car and a mobile phone were temporarily seized from the detainee.
В Москве задержан уроженец Таджикистана, подозреваемый в связях с ГУР Украины

Все таки не зря ему отрезали ухо. Хотя бы чтоб не спутать, чтоб выделить его, как руководителя.
Это конечно шутка.
Турки, как обычно, не при делах. Белые и пушистые.
Это не относится непосредственно к теракту, но однозначно является его следствием. Сейчас немного почистят столицу от азиатов.

I personally think that the following is part of the reason why the terrorists are handled in that way (apart from the already mentioned ideas, which I think are logical and what you would expect):

- Putin and/or someone else high up gave muslim special forces fighters within the apparatus the green light to be the ones that should catch the perpetrators. Knowing full well that they will treat the terrorists as we saw. Probably instructing them to only kill them if absolutely necessary. Everything else wasn’t forbidden on purpose.

- Putin and co. probably knew early on that the terrorists are muslims that might claim to act according to what islam teaches. So he deliberately send “real russian muslims“ to handle those sickos and teach them what real muslims in Russia think of their actions of killing innocent man, woman and children and what treatment awaits them for it.

I personally think that unnecessary cruelty should always be avoided. Given the larger picture and what the terrorists did though, the question remains if that would qualify as unnecessary cruelty? Many would argue that it is necessary in that case especially considering the puppet masters behind it and how they are at war with Russia.

Personally speaking, I think resorting to similar despicable methods terrorists use in order to revenge what they do (no matter how justified it might be) amounts to lowering yourself into the depths of their own despicable darkness yourself. Not good for the soul. I do think though that penalties that don’t involve unnecessary cruelty/sadism such as a quick death by death penalty or life imprisonment are totally justified and good especially if you consider the safety of society as a priority.

It should also be noted in case it wasn’t obvious, just because russian special forces fight for the decent side at the moment, doesn’t mean that there can not be quite a number of cruel and quite frankly psychopathic individuals engaged on that “good side“ as well. Sadists exist everywhere.

This is new information and there may already be questions. As I said above, the guards had standard weapons for security structures. Why didn't the "immediate response team" react in any way? Of course, they could not prevent the attack, this is clear, and it is necessary to have training and a certain courage to climb with an IZH (this is a weakened version of the standard military / police PM pistol) and a Saiga (this is a civilian carbine, an analogue of the AK machine gun, only without the ability to conduct automatic fire) on machine guns. BBut still, this is their job and why didn't they do it? They didn't even try. They didn't even indicate an attempt, at least for the sake of decency. I'm not accusing, I just wish I could understand it.
The PSC rapid response team guarding Crocus City Hall was based in a building next to it, but did not go to the scene during the terrorist attack
The head of the State Duma Committee on Information Policy, A. Khinshtein, said that LLC PSC Crocus Profi had service weapons in its arsenal, but the guards on site served without it and without special equipment.

LLC PSC Crocus Profi, which guarded Crocus, has several dozen units of military service weapons (IZH-71 pistols, Saiga-20KV self-loading rifles).

The arsenal is stored in the next building from Crocus (Krasnogorsk, Mezhdunarodnaya 6), but the guards were on duty without it. The PSC rapid response team is also based there, which, however, did not go to the site after the terrorist attack either.
https://rusvesna.su/news/1711388370

Это новая информация и тут уже могут возникнуть вопросы. Как я и сказал выше, оружие у охраны было стандартное для охранных структур. Почему "группа немедленного реагирования" не среагировала никак? Конечно предотвратить нападение они не могли, это ясно, да и лезть с ИЖом (это ослабленный вариант стандартного военного/полицейского пистолета ПМ) и Сайгой (это гражданский карабин, аналог автомата АК, только без возможности вести автоматический огонь) на автоматы надо иметь подготовку и определенное мужество. Но все же это их работа и почему они ее не сделали? Даже не попытались. Даже не обозначили попытку, хотя бы для соблюдения приличий. Я не обвиняю, мне просто хотелось бы это понять.

Putin's full statement on the terrorist attack in Crocus dated 03/25/2024
The video is in Russian, but there are subtitles.

Another terrorist accomplice was caught
The eighth defendant in the case of the terrorist attack in Crocus was brought to court (VIDEO)
The eighth defendant in the criminal case of the terrorist attack in Crocus City Hall, Alisher Kasimov, a native of Kyrgyzstan, was brought to court.

The investigation asks the court to arrest the suspect for two months.

The media write that Kasimov, who has Russian citizenship, rented an apartment to the leader of a terrorist gang, Shamsiddin Fariduni, in this apartment the terrorists were preparing an attack on a concert hall in Krasnogorsk near Moscow.

UPDATED
12:40. The court sent Kasimov under arrest until May 22.
https://rusvesna.su/news/1711444454

Mundanity, even Putin himself is not perfect, much less the rest in such extreme and complex situations with many nuances... and from what they have already said, there are too many things to consider... when it was said that a triple bad day if you are a Rockerfeller, it means that maybe in the future the treatment of the elite by the masses of stressed people will not be nothing more than life imprisonment and even not the death penalty alone... it will be vital perhaps a greater influx of knowledge throughout the development curve of those events so that things stabilize again, although I believe that to a greater or lesser extent a degree of bloodshed could not be avoided.

To put things in perspective, the terrorists were captured by Chechen “Akhmat” detachment, along with FSB and the police of course. But apparently they are the ones who were doing the capturing of the terrorist who "lost" part of his ear. When you know this fact, it pretty much explains everything. I am pretty sure that something like this wouldn't happen if it wasn't Akhmat. Chechens were always more violent. There were also stories about them during the beginning of SMO, and how they went after ukro-nazis. I remember how back then Russians said that it's good that they are on our side.

This is new information and there may already be questions. As I said above, the guards had standard weapons for security structures. Why didn't the "immediate response team" react in any way? Of course, they could not prevent the attack, this is clear, and it is necessary to have training and a certain courage to climb with an IZH (this is a weakened version of the standard military / police PM pistol) and a Saiga (this is a civilian carbine, an analogue of the AK machine gun, only without the ability to conduct automatic fire) on machine guns. BBut still, this is their job and why didn't they do it? They didn't even try. They didn't even indicate an attempt, at least for the sake of decency. I'm not accusing, I just wish I could understand it.

https://rusvesna.su/news/1711388370

Это новая информация и тут уже могут возникнуть вопросы. Как я и сказал выше, оружие у охраны было стандартное для охранных структур. Почему "группа немедленного реагирования" не среагировала никак? Конечно предотвратить нападение они не могли, это ясно, да и лезть с ИЖом (это ослабленный вариант стандартного военного/полицейского пистолета ПМ) и Сайгой (это гражданский карабин, аналог автомата АК, только без возможности вести автоматический огонь) на автоматы надо иметь подготовку и определенное мужество. Но все же это их работа и почему они ее не сделали? Даже не попытались. Даже не обозначили попытку, хотя бы для соблюдения приличий. Я не обвиняю, мне просто хотелось бы это понять.

I remember a shock when I lived in the Philippines years ago - when I first arrived, I saw that at many corner stores, there was a guard in military fatigues with a pump-action shotgun. I was a small-town kid in a province of millions. There was a certain logic to the show of force, now that I look back and understand the CIA/military history and geopolitical position of the region. Anyways, we could imagine a scenario where security services in Russia are suddenly armed to the teeth. I'm no expert, but it seems that this would be a somewhat effective deterrence against this wave of terrorism in Russia. But then - an armed guard at every venue? Every corner?

Terrorist's severed ear?

Purim (Hebrew פּוּרִים‎, plural from the Akkadian puru - “lot”) is a Jewish holiday established, according to the biblical Book of Esther[1] (Hebrew אסתר‎ - Esther), in memory of the salvation of the Jews living in the territory of the Ancient Persia, from the destruction of Haman the Amalekite, the favorite of King Artaxerxes [2] (Hebrew אחשורוש‎ - Achashverosh).

The story of Haman is described in detail in the biblical Book of Esther. Haman, a courtier of the Persian king Artaxerxes (Heb. Achashverosh), who, out of envy of his rival Mordecai, planned to exterminate all the Jews of Persia, before the plan was fulfilled, he paid with his own life after the complaint of Queen Esther: he was hanged on the gallows that he had prepared for the Jew Mordecai. The story of Haman's wiles, as well as his fall, is publicly read every year on the holiday of Purim.

Haman in the Jewish tradition becomes a symbol of an anti-Semite who hates the Jewish people and plots their destruction.

For the holiday, they bake special triangular cookies with a sweet filling (usually with poppy seeds or jam), called gomentashn (gomentashi) (Yiddish המנטאַשן‎ - umentashn or (h)omentashn, lit. “pockets of Haman”) or “ears of Haman” (in Hebrew ozney Haman).
Gomentashn (“Haman’s ears”), a traditional dish for Purim looks like this:
Homemade_hamantaschen.jpg

Purim is a carnival holiday. A special genre of this holiday is purimshpil (in Yiddish - “Purim performance”), performed by one or more actors during the festive meal. Initially, such ideas were simple and short, but already at the beginning of the 18th century. these performances gradually turned into dramatic productions with numerous roles, musical accompaniment and text of several thousand rhymed lines. Purimshpils were played in public places, and spectators were charged a fee. However, Purimshpils always retained a connection with the book of Esther and were played only on Purim.

In 2024, Purim is celebrated: the evening of March 23 - the evening of March 24.
Let me remind you that the terrorist attack occurred at approximately 20:00 on March 22, 2024.

The poster for the concert of the group Picnic in Crocus City Hall on March 22/23, 2024 looks like this:

fdaa5fad-c325-4bdc-9a8c-2da6eefca4f5

This guy (lead singer of the band Piknik and songwriter) with his legs crossed in the form of the number 4 resembles the Hanged Man Tarot card:
RWS_Tarot_12_Hanged_Man.jpg

--------------------------------------------------
So, to summarize: the cut off ear of a terrorist was not just shown on all federal channels in Russia (and beyond). This was probably a “message” to the real customers of this monstrous terrorist act against civilians: WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE, WE WILL FIND YOU AND PUNISH YOU.

To put things in perspective, the terrorists were captured by Chechen “Akhmat” detachment, along with FSB and the police of course. But apparently they are the ones who were doing the capturing of the terrorist who "lost" part of his ear. When you know this fact, it pretty much explains everything. I am pretty sure that something like this wouldn't happen if it wasn't Akhmat. Chechens were always more violent. There were also stories about them during the beginning of SMO, and how they went after ukro-nazis. I remember how back then Russians said that it's good that they are on our side.
I don't remember exactly, but I think I mentioned it somewhere here before.
In my youth, in the 90s, I had to communicate quite a lot with various representatives of organized crime, in other words, with bandits. Including Chechens. So I want to say that among the Slavic bandits, one of the collective names for Chechen bandits was-beasts. The people will not come up with it in vain, and bandits are, anyway, also part of the people, even if they are far from the best part of it.

Я точно не помню, но по моему я раньше где то здесь это упоминал. В моей молодости, в 90 годы, мне пришлось довольно много пообщаться с разными представителями организованной преступности, проще говоря, с бандитами. С чеченцами в том числе. Так вот я хочу сказать о том, что среди славянских бандитов одним из собирательных названий для чеченских бандитов было-звери. Народ зря не придумает, а бандиты это, как ни крути, тоже часть народа, пусть далеко и не самая лучшая его часть.

The poster for the concert of the group Picnic in Crocus City Hall on March 22/23, 2024 looks like this:
Perhaps to my shame, I am not at all familiar with the work of the Picnic group, but now I have looked at their composition and, judging by the names, at least 3 of the 4 declared participants are Jews. I won't say anything for sure, but if this is the case, then the poster may be quite understandable.

Я, возможно к своему стыду, совсем не знаком с творчеством группы Пикник, но сейчас я посмотрел на их состав и, как минимум 3 из 4 заявленных участников судя по именам евреи. Ничего не буду утверждать наверняка, но если это так, то афиша может быть вполне объяснима.

Regarding the torture videos - they don't sit right with me either, and we know that they won't result in any reliable intelligence. I think their main purpose is surely as a deterrent, since they have been shared so widely despite being a 'gift' of sorts to Russia's enemies who often claim they are an inherently barbaric culture.

This deterrent is not aimed at ideologically possessed people or soldiers but mercenaries and scum that are motivated by other things. It might be the only language they understand when trying to assess the risk and reward balance of getting into that game.

Having said all that I don't like it one bit, I won't be glorifying it, taking any amusement whatsoever in it, or trying to justify it any more than I already have. You don't become like your enemies, Russia and the pro Russian information space has always seemed to understand that but of course there are always people on any side which engage in this sort of thing - especially over the anonymous internet. A lot of people are justifiably very angry, which is understandable, and this is a normal and common response to fear and anger from a certain percentage of the population. It's especially linked with authoritarian follower types (read Bob Altemeyer - the Authoritarians, for the evidence). Who wins when even the good guys are baying for blood as well? That's right - those lizard peeps as usual!

I think the question on everyone's mind now is - what next? What will the official response be when things are heading in this direction?

The United States, Britain and Ukraine are behind the terrorist attack at Crocus City Hall, the chief of Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) Alexander Bortnikov has told the media.

"We believe that this is true. In any case, we are now talking about the factual information we have. This is general information, but they have a long record of this sort," he said after participating in an enlarged meeting of the Prosecutor General's Office board, when asked whether the US, Britain and Ukraine were behind the terrorist attack.

Bortnikov believes that Ukraine has been trying to prove it is capable enough.

"What is it expected to do to demonstrate its capability? It is expected to carry out sabotage and terrorist acts in the rear. This is what both the chiefs of Ukraine's special services and the British special services are aiming at. US special services have repeatedly mentioned this, too," he said.

He pointed out that there was a large amount of information in the public space "showing that the West and Ukraine are out to cause greater harm to our country."

"There have been drone strikes, strikes by uncrewed boats at sea, and incursions by groups of saboteurs and terrorist organizations into our territory," Bortnikov concluded.

Back
Top Bottom