Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Divide By Zero said:
What would be a smart dose:
- to have regularly with no issues?
and
-to take for the "light" version of the protocol (without doing antibiotics)?

Well, but the thing is that you do these protocols because you have issues.

From http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13371.msg611443.html#msg611443

"the usual dose is 5 to 10 drops of SSKI, taken three times per day. That is the least dose required to achieve the necessary microbicidal concentration."

That is "antibiotic" strength. Then you read the other protocols and conditions and find that this dose is too high for long-term use. You would need to monitor thyroid function.

A safe way to go is to do one drop per day.

From some of the recommended doses according to conditions, I think the following is reasonable:

1 to 3 drops up to three times per day, starting with one single drop per day and building up and/or staying there according to symptoms (or thyroid function tests). After the second or third month, it could be once or twice per week. Don't underestimate the need to monitor thyroid tests though.

My 2 cents!

Online book about Iodine, SSKI, etc.

http://www.jcrows.com/MaryJoFahey_IodineRemediesSecretsFromTheSea.pdf

Gaby, thanks for the help. I'm not sure I could deal with the antiobiotic protocol. It would make my job hard, if not impossible.

My issues are less extreme. Low energy, occasional muscle aches, and getting stressed too easily. Seeing how iodine helps detox and repair, it could be the way to do a lite version of the protocol.

Sea salt has been mentioned in the pdf to help detox and reduce symptoms from detox.

Dr. Brownstein states:
"The RDA for iodine (150umg/day) is inadequate to supply the body’s need for iodine. When you couple in the increasing exposure to toxic halides bromine, fluoride, and chlorine derivatives, our iodine requirements have markedly increased over the years. My experience has shown that iodine in doses ranging from 6-50mg/day is adequate to provide iodine for the vast majority of the population. Finally, it is important to use the right kind of salt—unrefined salt. For the last 20 years I have used Selina’s Celtic Brand Sea Salt in my practice with great success. The best results with using iodine are seen when it is used with unrefined salt as part of a holistic treatment regimen. Unrefined salt helps the body safely detoxify from the toxic halides bromine, chlorine and fluoride that can be released when iodine is taken. More information about this can be found in my books, Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It, 5th Edition and Salt Your Way To Health, 2nd Edition. These books can be found at my website: www.drbrownstein.com."

Here's another interesting book:
http://jeffreydachmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/The-Guide-to-Supplementing-with-Iodine-Stephanie-Burst-ND.pdf

It seems like a normal dose suggested varies a bit between both books: 12-25mg/day.

The best value are with the 5% or 2% solutions on Amazon or ebay for those in the US.

Divide By Zero said:
The best value are with the 5% or 2% solutions on Amazon or ebay for those in the US.

I got lugol 3%. I noticed that a lot of doses refer to SSKI and that is not the same as lugol's solution which also come in several concentrations 2%, 3%, 15%. Anyway, here is a nice table with the basic differences from the PDF book:

_http://www.jcrows.com/MaryJoFahey_IodineRemediesSecretsFromTheSea.pdf

Iodine
(or di-atomic iodine) refers to two iodine
molecules that are chemically bound together

Iodine salts
are formed when iodine combines with another element, most commonly, potassium or sodium:KI (potassium iodide) and NaI (sodium iodide)

SSKI
refers to Saturated Solution Potassium Iodide. This colorless solution contains potassium iodide but no iodine.

Lugol’s Solution
is a solution of iodine, potassium iodide and water, developed in 1829 by a French physician named Jean Lugol.

Povidone-iodine (Betadine)
is a solution of polyvinylpyrrolidone and iodine used as an topical anti-bacterial agent (e.g. as a surgical scrub).

From __http://www.jcrows.com/MaryJoFahey_IodineRemediesSecretsFromTheSea.pdf

Lugol’s Iodine in Water and Apple Cider Vinegar is a Vermont Folk Remedy
[Dr. DeForest Clinton Jarvis]

In his book, Folk Medicine Dr. Jarvis recommends the following recipes for every healthy adult (as a supplement the body needs twice-per-week and as a preventative measure three times-a-week during cold and flu season):

For those weighing more than 150 lbs. (sip during a meal)
2 drops of Lugol’s iodine (5% solution)
• glass of water
• one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar

For those weighing less than 150 lbs. (sip during a meal)
1 drop of Lugol’s iodine (5% solution)
• glass of water
• one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar

For those who get acne or rash with iodine:

Bromide Detox Symptoms

Iodine supplementation, if it is done too quickly, and/or in the presence of bromide in the body, can cause detox symptoms (constipation, acne or rash) that occur mostly from bromide (Note: For a list of 29 possible symptoms, see: www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html). Dr. William Shevin has developed a salt protocol to clear these detox symptoms if they occur (See: Shevin’s Remedy for Clearing Bromide Symptoms on page 93)

[...]

Shevin’s Remedy For Clearing Bromide Symptoms

Dr. William Shevin has developed a salt loading protocol to clear bromide detox symptoms that may occur while
taking iodine:

Take 1/4 teaspoon of salt in 1/2 cup of warm water and follow immediately with 12-16 ounces of water. Repeat
this twice in 30 to 45 minute intervals until urination begins.

Gaby said:
Divide By Zero said:

That looks like a very practical guide for those getting lugol at 2% or 5%.

This is very helpful. Obviously, fairly high doses are required for a period of time for all the cells of the body to get "iodinated". Can take 6 months at 50 mgs per day to achieve 90% saturation. Some people who are toxic can take years.

"The Iodine doctors are now beginning to believe that 50 mgs may be the minimum required dose" - for maintenance!!

Cancer: 50 to 300 mgs per day.

Take with food early in the day and with co-factors, i.e. Selenium , salt, magnesium, vitamins B2 and B3 (riboflavin and niacin).

Vitamin C and salted water for detox.

Pulse dosing: 5 days of iodine/iodide then two days off during which you continue to take the support stuff.

Ferritin levels can drop when taking 50 mgs a day or more. This can be a good thing for those of us with high iron, but those who don't have high iron might want to supplement with B6 and iron.

If you gain weight, you are detoxing mightily.

Iodine removes mercury and other metals. Don't worry if you have amalgam fillings.

Also, links to websites and suggested reading.

Very concise and informative.

There's an article on iodine at Stop the Thyroid Madness:

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/iodine12345/

Interest in iodine supplementation has grown in leaps and bounds over the years among thyroid patients, especially considering that thyroid hormones are primarily composed of iodine!

Why does my body need iodine?

Besides the fact that thyroid hormones need iodine to exist, it also plays a huge role in breast health, removes fibrocystic breast disease, rids you of toxins like bromide and more, helps with healthy levels of stomach acid, is anti-fungal, and is anti-cancer…and so much more.

Can’t I get my iodine needs met with iodized salt? What about the small amount of iodine in natural desiccated thyroid?

Apparently not, say many iodine experts. It’s far less than is needed. Plus with salt, the iodine evaporates.

Should I test my iodine levels before supplementing with it?

Yes. It’s often advised to order an Iodine Loading Test (see below), which is easy enough to do in your own home. You then send back your specimen, and wait for the results. These results can be important in revealing whether you might need to supplement or not. Some have chosen to do an iodine patch test on the skin, but results vary so widely that the loading test is the preferred and the most accurate determination.

Doctor’s Data, Inc. (_http://www.doctorsdata.com/)

Hakalalabs (_http://hakalalabs.com/testing.html)

FFP Labs (in North Carolina….link takes you to facility and you email them) (_http://ffplab.org/)

Labrix Clinical Services in Oregon (link takes you to website and you email them) (_http://www.labrix.com/)

What are the iodine supplements?

The most popular are either Lugol’s liquid iodine, or Iodoral pill form. Lugols comes in 2% and 5%. One drop of the 5% equals 6.25 mg iodine {That means one drop of the 2% equals 2.5mg}. Iodoral is measured into 12.5 and 50 mg tablets. These can be ordered off the net by searching for either. Janie uses Lugols in her morning drink. There are others.

Are there nutrients I should take before going on iodine? Do I need selenium?

Experts on the use of iodine state there are key nutrients one should take to counter the detox of bromides, chlorine, fluoride that iodine will promote, as well as block negative reactions to iodine. Many start these one month before introducing iodine. Lynne Farrow of the Iodine Workshop group called these “Companion Nutrients”, and they are:

• Selenium – 200 – 400 mcg per day
  • Magnesium – 400 – 1200 mg per day
  • Vitamin C – 3,000 – 10,000 mg per day
  • Vitamins B2/B3 (ATP CoFactors) – 100 mg riboflavin and 500 mg no flush niacin, inositol hexanicotinate form, 1-2x per day
  • Unrefined Salt (Celtic) – 1/2 tsp. or more per day

See thyroid patient Jane’s (not “Janie” of STTM–this is written by Jane, a thyroid patient) Guest Blog post about companion nutrients here: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/2013/12/29/companion-nutrients-the-key-to-iodine-protocol/

What about problems patients have reported with iodine use?

Some patients have reported an aggravation of their Hashimotos symptoms after using iodine. In fact, some European and Asian countries have an explosion of Hashimoto’s cases due to immense iodine supplementation in food.

On the other side the coin, certain studies and intelligent analysis report that autoimmune problems associated with iodine use actually are the result of low selenium levels, as well as low copper or low zinc. This underscores the need for supporting nutrients. Patients also repeatedly report that their antibodies went down thanks to their iodine use! To read interesting details about the association between the aggravation of Hashimotos and the rise of antibodies, go here. Part II is here.

What if I’m allergic to iodine?

There are suggestions by iodine experts that what is seen as an “allergy to iodine” may actually be a reaction to the injected contrast dyes which serve to sharpen the pictures in medical imaging studies (i.e. as in x-rays and CT scans). With reactions to certain seafoods like shellfish that are also high in iodine, they state it’s more likely due to a reaction distinctive allergens, aka certain proteins, found in these seafoods. One of many studies on this issue here.

Steven Rothrock, MD states: Despite the clear evidence that no one is allergic to iodine and there is no direct link between shellfish allergy and use of contrast during CT scans, this myth has been hard to put to rest. In a survey of patients presenting to a pediatric clinic with suspected seafood allergy, 92% of parents mistakenly believed that iodine was the cause of that allergy.1 In a study from 2005, over one third of radiologist and one half of cardiologists would not use contrast media or would alter their treatment for patients undergoing procedures requiring the use of IV contrast (e.g. CT scans and heart catherizations) in those with shellfish allergy. The authors of this study called this practice antiquated and recommended that this myth “take its rightful place in oblivion.”1

Can I use iodine when I have low cortisol?

Some adrenals patients report a worsening of their sluggish adrenal/HPA function due to the important toxin release caused by iodine use. But other adrenal patients report that the proper use of the same supporting nutrients mentioned above overcame the problem, and they were even able to lower their HC.

An article by Gabriel Cousens, MD, lists ten points about iodine, and here are four as a start…and you can click on the latter to read them all:

• Helps synthesize thyroid hormones
  • Reverses hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism (we have not seen that much, but it might in some if caught early enough, we think)
  • Promotes death of unhealthy cells
  • Helps prevent certain forms of cancer
  • Tell me more about iodine and conditions…

Iodine and breast cancer: Since the breasts are a major receiver of iodine, women are particularly interested in iodine supplementation. There is already proof that iodine supplementation removes fibrocystic breast disease, and that can be carried over to the idea that iodine supplementation might prevent breast cancer. See the book Breast Cancer and Iodine by Dr. David Derry.

Iodine and thyroid: Many hypothyroid patients were hopeful that iodine use would enable them to get off their thyroid medications. For most, though, this has not been the case. But for other patients, some have been able to lower their thyroid medication from using the iodine protocol. And if started early enough in one’s thyroid disease, yes, some have actually been able to avoid thyroid medications!

Iodine and skin cancer: Since iodine can burn, patients who tried iodine on their skin cancer report it was too uncomfortable. On the other side, there are many testimonies about iodine removing skin cancer. Google “iodine skin cancer”. My own husband has completely removed two pre-cancer growths on each side of his nose with one drop of iodine per side at bedtime and for several weeks.

There are some more links and references on the page. They also have a lot of other information regarding thyroid health on the site, and a book with the same name.

My Lugol's is 12%.

For the higher doses, it is probably more economical and efficient to take the higher mg capsules such as:

http://www.biovea.com/fr/product_detail.aspx?PID=2686&OS=244

130 mg. One or two of those and a drop or two of the Lugol's per day looks like the ticket for peeps who have serious conditions. They can go higher if it is indicated. For others, non-sickies, the 65 mg sizes can be had also. Otherwise, you are taking loads of pills and loads of drops to get up to the recommended 50 mg per day!

Seems that what is needed is both potassium iodide and potassium iodide augmented with extra iodine. The SSKI is simply a supersaturated solution of potassium iodide with no extra iodine.

Found another that might disappear one day:

Outrageous but true!
You are probably, totally iodine/iodide deficient

Our story starts with an outrageous fact about modern agricultural practices, "scientific research," and health care. When it comes to natural hormonal health, the average person in modern cultures usually and always is almost totally iodine/iodide depleted, while heavy metal saturated. One of the world's leading endocrinologist, an expert on thyroid, admits that 80% of the world's population is thyroid deficient.

Why? Because of the industrial dietary, limited to only a handful of vegetative foodstuffs obtained from wheat, corn, dairy, cane and beet sugars, rice, and potatoes is devoid of essential iodine and iodides.

Lugol's :
An underground legend
If you're especially health-savvy, you may have heard of Lugol's, but probably know little about it, let alone its nearly one hundred clinical uses.

But did you know that its astonishing powers have been...
Praised by leading MD's treating epidemic hypothyroidism, a root cause of obesity and diabetes...

...and shown safe and effective in over 1,000 scientific publications. Yes! So do let me fill you in on its fascinating history, and explain why it's such an important part of our health formula. It is something to take daily, travel with to prevent infection and food/water borne illness, prevent heavy metal intoxication, safeguard your body from radioactive fallout, and most importantly, keep your thyroid gland running at maximum efficiency, while your tissues are pickled to prevent infections.

Lugol's iodine, also known as Lugol's solution, first made in 1829, is a blended solution of elemental iodine and potassium iodide in water, named after the French physician J.G.A. Lugol. Lugol's iodine solution was often used as an antiseptic and disinfectant, for emergency disinfection of drinking water (superior to chlorine), and as a reagent for starch detection in routine laboratory and medical tests. It has been used more rarely to replenish iodine deficiency. However, pure potassium iodide, without the more essential elemental iodine, has been preferred for this purpose, as the body uses both.

First, physicians found it's absorbed with incredible ease. Potassium iodide that is not used by the body's cells exits the body in about four hours. Since it is a bacterial stain, it is an excellent urinary tract disinfectant. I have used it for UTI's for years and have never recorded a side effect. Do not believe all the scare statements about iodine, iodine allergies and reactions, etc. In over one thousand patients, I have never seen it! Pure internet bunk.

When you put a bit on the back of your hand, it either stains your skin for a while or it just plain disappears. Why? This is an important diagnostic clue.

'THE RIDDLE OF IODINE & IODIDES

Potassium iodide is an inorganic compound with formula KI. This colorless salt is the most commercially significant iodide compound, approximately 37,000 tons/year were produced in 1985. Following the Chernobyl nuclear reactor disaster in April, 1986, a saturated solution of potassium iodide was administered to 10.5 million children and 7 million adults in Poland as a prophylactic measure against accumulation of radioactive iodine-131 in the thyroid gland. Potassium iodide was also approved in 1982 by the US FDA to protect the thyroid glands from radioactive iodine. In the event of an accident or attack at a nuclear power plant, or fallout from a nuclear bomb, several volatile fission product radionuclides may be released. Grab your Lugol's, put drops in your water throughout the day and drink it!

Iodine and its compounds are primarily used in medicine, photography, and dyes. Although it is rare in the solar system and Earth's crust, the iodides are very soluble in water, and the element is concentrated in seawater. This mechanism helps to explain how the element came to be required in trace amounts by all animals and some plants, being by far the heaviest element known to be necessary to living organisms. The startling truth is, without iodine, the ocean would not have plankton to produce oxygen, and life on earth would have never happened! This is more than a therapeutic hint. Thyroxine is one of the most ancient hormones and was necessary for development of animals to leave the sea and generate heat internally to survive. Go Figure!

Lugol's all but disappeared from
the halls of health care...

It went 'underground.' A few enlightened doctors continued to champion Lugol's, and it became a word-of-mouth legend among well-informed insiders. According to Hungarian Nobel Laureate Szent-Gy˚rgyi, KI was the universal medicine in Europe during the late 1800's and early 1900's. Szent-Gy˚rgyi himself ingested 1 full gram of KI [postassium iodide] daily to keep himself fit. He once stated: "When I was a medical student, iodine in the form of KI was the universal medicine. Nobody knew what it did, but it did something and did something good. We students used to sum up the situation in this little rhyme:
If ye don't know where, what, and why
prescribe ye then K and I."

At one point, Iodine and its salts were so pervasive in use, it was suggested to develop a new species of healers!

http://fultonhistory.com/Process%20small/Newspapers/Oswego%20Palladium/Oswego%20Palladium%20Oct-Dec%201923%20pdf/Newspaper%20%20Oswego%20Palladium%20Oct-Dec%201923%20-%200110.pdf

Outside this inner circle, however, everyone else gradually forgot about Lugol's... I once talked to an old time surgeon, he told me in the 1950's they regularly used to wash the colon with Lugol's enema, prior to any surgery and never saw problems nor post-surgical infections. Then the F D A came around and ordered it stopped, with problems developing ever since. Go Figure!

I've gone through the archives and scoured the web and pulled out all of the information on uses and dosing that you will find in my Report. There seems to be much fear surrounding Iodine supplementation, a new syndrome, medical iodophobia, was even recently reported. There are all sorts of conflicting information on the WEB. I promise that this REPORT will clear up any of your confusion and show you how to start using it safely and effectively. It is an essential mineral not only for the thyroid gland, but also for the ovaries, breasts, skin and other tissues.

According to the celebrated researcher, Guy Abraham, MD, just drops of Lugol's solution a day is an effective amount for supplementation. I have used this method for years and give it out like candy, watching UTI's and other infections disappear in my patients. In my report, we will send you crystal iodine and KI crystals you simply drop into a pint of water and Bingo - you have a 2+ year supply for you and your family. Make it, shake it, and put it in the fridge. Take some daily along with your vitamin C & E, B complex, etc.

Field Preparation of Lugol's: purified water, drop in granules of KI & I. 1 liter treats one hundred + patients.

However... even higher doses will displace heavier, toxic halogens, fluoride, chlorine [in drinking water] and bromides put in flour to make bread, cookies, and cakes as an anti-caking agent. At one time, iodide was used as a preservative and dough conditioner, but some bozo iodophobicthought better to poison the worlds food supply with bromine, a thyroid suppressing agent. Fluoridate the world's water supply, and you have the perfect thyroid/intelligence depressing chaser cocktail. Thus, brominated doughnuts go well with fluoridated coffee, the perfect dumb down breakfast perk. Remember, iodine deficiency in growth results in retardation. There are a lot of fancy words for these syndromes, but they all start with iodine from birth. (That's another therapeutic hint)

A heavier dose of Lugol's for 1 to 3 mos. is what I've heard recommended to "flush" out the heavier halogens as well as mercury. YES! Lugol's was well known to displace mercury from the body as early as the 1920's, ...and that's what we're after as my report will show.

--------------------------------------------------------------

And you will find dozens of therapeutic nuggets in the massive IODUM MATERIA MEDICA supplied with this REPORT

Metallic Poisoning. Iodine (Iodum) Treatment
Melsens found that every mercurial compound was soluble in an alkaline or neutral solution of iodide of potassium, and that corrosive sublimate, for instance, if fixed in a muscle, tendon, etc., could be dissolved out of the organic tissue by soaking it in such iodide solution. Also, that even metallic lead was, to some extent, soluble in the same medium, with formation of a double iodide of lead and potassium (Medico - Chirurgical Review, i., 1853). Hence, he argued that in cases of mercurial or lead-poisoning, with salivation, tremor, colic, palsy, etc., iodides introduced into the blood could form soluble compounds with metal deposited in the tissues, and enable this to be taken up by the absorbents and passed out by the kidneys and other channels of excretion. Support has been given to this argument by the fact that an insoluble salt of mercury or lead may be given to animals without evident effect until after the administration of an iodide, when the recognized symptoms of poisoning appear. (Medical Record, 1877).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, protection of the thyroid from radio active iodine fall out in cases of nuclear attack or accident would benefit from the recommended daily intake of Iodine discussed. The equivalent of dose of Lugol's solution daily would maintain a low radio iodine uptake by the thyroid gland, since the greatest damage to the thyroid occurs during the first few hours of radiation exposure. Be forewarned. Better yet, pickle yourself like Dr. Szent-Gy˚rgyi, he after all did discover Vitamin C! Something else we should be pickling ourselves with, but I will leave that for another REPORT.

WHAT?!
Are you still waiting...?
...for your fish oil or vitamin pills to kick in? Get with it!
Mineral deficiencies are far more devastating than vitamin deficiencies!

'A FEW DROPS & BINGO!' -- Protection, Prevention, Better Health

When the first drop hits your skin, you'll wonder 'WHOW! What's going on here!' What happens next is a matter of testing yourself with the Skin Patch method. One of those methods I love wherein the diagnosis, is also the treatment!

Rub out skin blebs ON CONTACT...

How many times have you had a weird skin tag, little bleb, persistent pimple, wart, scar, cyst, etc. that just won't go away? Iodine to the rescue. Iftincture of Iodine, you know, that bottle of marked poison, was still in the medicine chest, and mommy would dab any old cut or scab routinely while growing up, I just wonder how many less obese and dumb-downed people would be on planet earth today?

--------------------------------------------------------------

And you will find dozens of therapeutic nuggets in the massive IODUM MATERIA MEDICA supplied with this REPORT

Acne - Iodine (Iodum) Treatment
Dr. Simpson recommended for indolent "menstrual" acne, a decolorized iodine paint made by mixing tinct. iodin. co. 1 part, with liq. ammoniae 2 parts, to stand forty-eight hours (Medical Times, i., 1861).

Pityriasis Capitis - Alopecia. Iodine (Iodum) Treatment
In branny, scaly conditions of the hairy scalp, and in partial falling off of the hair from debility, painting with iodine tincture acts as a useful local stimulant. It should be combined with other treatment, such as soap-frictions.

Pruritus. Iodine (Iodum) Treatment
In many varieties of this disorder - pruritus pudendi, pruritus senilis - iodine tincture locally applied often gives much relief.
In a case of hyperaesthesia of the vulva, without local lesion, but with severe "dyspareunia," powdering with iodoform rendered the parts quite insensitive to pain (Tanner). A tampon of iodoform had good results in another case.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
And how many times have you
RUBBED WHERE IT HURTS...

Hemorrhoids, believe it or not!

Literally rub away topical problems, as easily as
ERASING A BLACKBOARD while fixing the deficiency...
...with as little as just 2 drops of an astonishing rediscovery called LUGOL's, all those skin problems are rapidly improved - warts, suspicious blebs, hangnails, skin tags, you name it. Mexican folk healers even used it for baldness and dandruff. (That's another therapeutic hint)

Yes, that's exactly what this is saying. The treatment reveals that the diagnosis IS THE DEFICIENCY.

Even if you're delighted with your over-the-counter pills, or really believe a flu vaccine works,
YOU NEED THIS BREAKTHROUGH FOR YOUR NEXT HEAD COLD...
WHY? Because even the perfect pill would still have one huge shortcoming called iodide deficiency... THEN WAIT! The next time you feel that scratchy throat or that first onset snuffle, reach for a bottle of Lugol's and start snorting from the open top. You may be surprised to see it rapidly quench a rhinovirus infection before it sets in. This also by the way is excellent for sinusitis.

Literally this test for arteriosclerosis requires no instrumentation while it also is the diagnosis for impending vascular damage...

Over 30 years ago, two ophthalmologists observed that a combination tablet of iodide and this vitamin, taken for several months could actually reverse atherosclerotic clogging of arteries. The published photographs showed a significant lessening of the cholesterol-laden artery clogging in the "after" pictures. This puts a whole new picture on the causation of atherogenic plaque and hyperlipidemia.

Even if you're delighted with your surgery,
YOU NEED THIS BREAKTHROUGH FOR YOUR NEXT TRIGGER FINGER, PLANTAR FASCIITIS, DUPUYTREN'S CONTRACTURE OR CARPAL TUNNEL...
They are all tell tale symptoms of massive iodine deficiency.

And how many times have you
RUBBED WHERE ITS HERPES...

If the truth be known, there are many chemicals that destroy or inactivate the herpes simplex virus. Iodine is a very common and effective antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal agent for topical use. A bit of a water soluble iodine complex like gram's iodine might be added to the mineral salt to wash and to help in the struggle against herpes. For example, in a 1975 study patients with vulvovaginal and cervical herpes virus infections were treated with a regimen of external and intravaginal iodine preparations. In all but one case, the expected duration of symptoms and healing time were shortened.

CONCLUSION:

How many times have you tried a new product on your patients while you grit your teeth and bear it, right? And how many of these over priced products only gains results in about the same time it takes to watch grass grow. Right! Not anymore... Thanks to these series of reports, you are going to learn, once and for all, what really works, what is cheap, and what is backed from years if not centuries of general use.
From three years of clinical observations and experience in the use of dispensing oral lugol's, I believe that 80% of North Americans, and by extension the general populations, are iodine/iodide deficient.

So, what won't it do?
Quite honestly, this may be
the best news of all...
If you're still wondering, 'Can this be for real?' I totally understand. The supplement marketplace is awash in overpriced products that promise more than they can possibly deliver.

So I want to make it very clear that LUGOL's cannot erase 100% of all pain, lumps, bumps, tumors, etc. permanently; although I have seen it does this often. Of course, no pill can do that either. But unlike many pills, products and tablets that have been making headlines... LUGOL's is wonderfully safe to use every day, because its not just an antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral, its also a nutrient. Results come as no surprise, once you know how to use it, as this REPORT will demonstrate.

Not only is it safe and natural -- its revolutionary 'direct delivery' system neatly bypasses your entire digestive system. So, unlike pills that must be processed by your stomach and other internal organs...

* It won't upset your stomach... In fact, I no of no other agent so effective for reflux and developing ulcers. Lugol's is specific for helicobacer pylori.

* It won't stress the kidneys or liver... In fact, I no of no other agent so effective for kidney infections (pyelonephritis) and toxic livers.

* It won't trigger any other adverse side-effects that I'm aware of when used in gentle, near homeopathic doses...

Plus, you won't have to worry about interactions with aspirin, blood-thinners or other pills you may already be taking. A few drops is really quitehomeopathic.

You don't have to guess if it's going to work...
YOU'LL KNOW SOON AFTER CONTACT!

Why not find out RIGHT NOW? Just order our LUGOL'S REPORT! And don't worry about the iodine/iodide riddle ever again.

Yours for toxic-free living,

Prof. Charles _http://privyinfo.org/newsletters/What's%20UP100.html

Here's a quiz to potentially determine whether one is iodine deficient and, if so, how much:

_http://www.joannebrophy.com/assessments/thyroidiodinedef.htm

HYROID & IODINE DEFICIENCY QUIZ

Which of these apply to you?

Fibroids or cysts in uterus or ovaries
Fibrocystic breasts
Severe menstrual cramps
Heavy menstrual bleeding
Hair loss on scalp
Hair loss on legs or arms
Hair loss on eyebrows
Constipation
Dry skin
Dry eyes
Slow speech
Hoarse speech
Thick tongue
Facial swelling
Decreased hearing
Weight gain or unexpected weight loss
Eyelid swelling
Muscle aches and pains or Fibromyalgia
Tachycardia fast heart rate or atrial fibrilllation
Heat intolerance
Excessive sweatiness or decreased ability to sweat
Lack of stomach acid
Tremors
High blood pressure
Depression, irritability or nervousness
Feeling of fullness in throat
Neck pain, swelling, or sore throat
High cholesterol
Heightened susceptibility to infectious disease, especially bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections, and/or strep throat
Chronic fatigue or lethargy
Morning fatigue improving as the day proceeds
Chronic skin infections (boils, acne, fungal infections, etc) or itchy skin
Excess mucous and/or thick mucous in the throat
Stuffy sinuses
Cold hands and feet or cold intolerance
Muscular fatigue and/or cramps
Stunted growth
Course hair
Low morning body temperature
Mental sluggishness
Do you have overactive or underactive thyroid?
Are you on a low sodium diet?
Do you avoid consuming fish or seafood on a regular basis?
Do you have a low libido (sluggish sex drive)?
Do you have 20 or more pounds overweight and/or do you have a difficult time losing weight?
Are you a night owl?
Are you a total vegetarian?
Do you have a history of infertility and/or low sperm count?
Do you have cellulite?
Do you have high cholesterol?

Your score________________________________________

1 to 6 points Mild Iodine Deficiency: Increase the consumption of iodine-rich foods. Use sea salt in all recipes. Get further tested for Iodine Deficiency.
See Iodine Deficiency Loading Test.

7 to 14 points Moderate Iodine Deficiency: Iodine deficiency impairs thyroid function and weakens immunity. Eat iodine-rich fish and seafood. Take kelp or iodine tablets as a source of iodine. Use sea salt with all meals and recipes. Get further tested for Iodine deficiency. See Iodine Deficiency Loading Test.

15 and above Severe Iodine Deficiency: Crab, lobster, salmon, cod, mackerel, halibut, and shrimp should be regular items in your diet. However, try to purchase seafood from areas with less pollution such as Alaskan and Icelandic waters. Add seaweed and/or kelp to your salads and soups. Purchase iodine tablets or drops from your health food store. Use sea salt with all foods. Additionally, be sure to avoid iodine antagonists. These substances, known as goitrogens, are found in certain foods, notably rapeseed, beans, peanuts, cabbage, spinach, turnips, carrots (and carrot juice), beets, broccoli, cauliflower, peaches, pears, flax, and kale. However, cooking {de}activates these iodine antagonists and, thus only raw forms of these foods must be avoided. Get further tested for Iodine deficiency. See Iodine Deficiency Loading Test.

Gaby said:
I got lugol 3%. I noticed that a lot of doses refer to SSKI and that is not the same as lugol's solution which also come in several concentrations 2%, 3%, 15%. Anyway, here is a nice table with the basic differences from the PDF book:

Iodine
(or di-atomic iodine) refers to two iodine
molecules that are chemically bound together

Iodine salts
are formed when iodine combines with another element, most commonly, potassium or sodium:KI (potassium iodide) and NaI (sodium iodide)

SSKI
refers to Saturated Solution Potassium Iodide. This colorless solution contains potassium iodide but no iodine.

Lugol’s Solution
is a solution of iodine, potassium iodide and water, developed in 1829 by a French physician named Jean Lugol.

Povidone-iodine (Betadine)
is a solution of polyvinylpyrrolidone and iodine used as an topical anti-bacterial agent (e.g. as a surgical scrub).

I was having trouble understanding why so many websites were in favour of Nascent Iodine (I2-) over the KI iodide salt, and I did a search on "bioavailability" between to the two and found the following...

_http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/iodine-supplements/

1) Transformative Nano-Colloidal Detoxified Iodine, or Nascent Iodine:

This is a consumable form of iodine that holds an electromagnetic charge. It allows for a larger release of energy once consumed, and is very similar to bio-available forms of iodine that are produced naturally in the thyroid gland. Because of this, your body is able to recognize and assimilate it very easily. Its unique structure and form allows it to travel through the body, quicker and easier than any other Iodine supplement available. Also, unlike all other liquid iodine supplements, it contains no alcohol in its solution.To me, this is by far the best iodine supplement to use and the one I recommend is the product Detoxadine.

2) Lugol’s Solution Iodine:

Contains 6.3 mg of molecular iodine/iodide per drop. This solution is one-third molecular iodine (5%) and two-thirds potassium iodide (10%). Studies show that the best form of iodine is one that includes molecular iodine (I2). It has been shown that breast tissue prefers this non-toxic mono elemental-based iodine. Lugol’s Solution has been shown to increase respiratory tract secretions and inhibit thyroid hormone secretion. One Malaysian study found that patients taking Lugol’s solution experienced a sharp decline in unwanted hormonal secretions during a period of ten days.

3) Potassium Iodide:

Comes in tablets, with servings ranging from 0.23 to 130 mg. This closely-bound inorganic form of iodine has been shown to only offer 20% assimilation to bodily tissues. Studies show that potassium iodide blocks the uptake of radio-iodine in the thyroid gland, thus lowering the chances of developing thyroid cancer [2]. Moreover, potassium iodide has been used in emergency treatments for hyperthyroidism (PDF) [3].

So It appears that the unstable negatively charged Iodine atom has more inherent energy and is more readily taken up by the body, which would explain why Lugol's (a mixture of both forms) is preferred over the straight Potassium Iodide salt.

Interestingly, one can purchase 250g of 99.9% pure Iodine crystals for only 20 pounds from Amazon UK...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BXKN4P4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00BXKKXAI&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1743RM381ZPTTMGWANWJ

Timótheos said:
I was having trouble understanding why so many websites were in favour of Nascent Iodine (I2-) over the KI iodide salt, and I did a search on "bioavailability" between to the two and found the following...

_http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/iodine-supplements/

1) Transformative Nano-Colloidal Detoxified Iodine, or Nascent Iodine:

This is a consumable form of iodine that holds an electromagnetic charge. It allows for a larger release of energy once consumed, and is very similar to bio-available forms of iodine that are produced naturally in the thyroid gland. Because of this, your body is able to recognize and assimilate it very easily. Its unique structure and form allows it to travel through the body, quicker and easier than any other Iodine supplement available. Also, unlike all other liquid iodine supplements, it contains no alcohol in its solution.To me, this is by far the best iodine supplement to use and the one I recommend is the product Detoxadine.

On the other hand, this guide:
http://jeffreydachmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/The-Guide-to-Supplementing-with-Iodine-Stephanie-Burst-ND.pdf

says:

Forms of Iodine
There are a few things to consider when looking for a supplement to get iodine. Does the product contain both iodine and iodide? The body needs both forms. Different parts of the body look for one of the specific forms. For instance the breasts look for iodine and the thyroid needs iodide. It was previously thought that the body could convert iodine to iodide and vice versa but in actuality this does not work. Another important consideration is finding a product that provides milligram (Mg) dosages vs. microgram (Mcg) amounts. Microgram amounts will offer little to no health benefits. These products also tend to be very expensive compared to Lugol’s.

A. Recommended Forms

1. Lugol’s liquid –Iodine / Potassium Iodide – 2% and 5% solutions. 2% solution is 2.5 mgs / drop. 5% solution is 6.25 mgs /drop.

2. Iodoral – Lugol’s formula in pill form – Iodine / Potassium Iodide - 12.5 mgs & 50 mgs

3. Biotics Research Iodizyme – 12.5 mgs per tablet of Iodine / Iodide

4. Tri-Iodine by Vitaminlife – 12.5 mgs per tablet of Iodine / Iodide
B. Not Recommended

1. Nascent (aka Magnascent, Detoxified, or Atomidine) – Based on Edgar Cayce’s “energized” iodine. The iodine is reduced to a 1% concentration in 100% ethyl alcohol and electro-magnetically transmuted (while being suspended in a wet bath containing a mild acid solution) into the Atomic state. 1 drop = 150 microgram (mcg) or .150 mg of Iodine. This form will not saturate body tissues and has not been proven to detox halides such as bromide, fluoride, chloride, and mercury, as other forms have. This form of iodine is not recommended on this protocol as the goal is tissue saturation and halide detoxification/protection.

2. Iosol – 1830 mcg / drop of Iodine only – this form of iodine is not recommended. It is microgram dosages and has the same issues that Nascent iodine (above) has.

3. Prolamine (Standard Process) – This product has 3 mgs Iodine and 20 mgs of Calcium. The iodine dosage in this product is too low to adequately detox the body from halides or saturate the tissues of the body.

4. Pure Encapsulations, Solray, Source Naturals, Progressive Labs, and NOW all offer microgram dosage supplements of iodide only.

5. Kelp – Kelp supplements are not recommended for addressing a low iodine status. Kelp has been found to be toxic in arsenic and halides. It is also impossible to know the iodine content. It would not supply enough iodine to assist in tissue saturation and detoxification.

Timótheos said:

I wonder if it is marketing? From _http://jeffreydachmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/The-Guide-to-Supplementing-with-Iodine-Stephanie-Burst-ND.pdf

Not Recommended

Nascent (aka Magnascent, Detoxified, or Atomidine)

Based on Edgar Cayce’s “energized” iodine. The iodine is reduced to a 1% concentration in 100% ethyl alcohol and electromagnetically transmuted (while being suspended in a wet bath containing a mild acid solution) into the Atomic state. 1 drop = 150 microgram (mcg) or .150 mg of Iodine. This form will not saturate body tissues and has not been proven to detox halides such as bromide, fluoride, chloride, and mercury, as other forms have. This form of iodine is not recommended on this protocol as the goal is tissue saturation and halide detoxification / protection.

On the other hand, it sounds purer than kelp supplements:

Kelp

Kelp supplements are not recommended for addressing a low iodine status. Kelp has been found to be toxic in arsenic and halides. It is also impossible to know the iodine content. It would not supply enough iodine to assist in tissue saturation and detoxification.

There is definitely a lot of info and several iodine forms and doses. I think that the document at _http://jeffreydachmd.com is a very good guide. I have been subscribed to his newsletter since 2011 or so. Strangely enough, I never got his update on iodine. Still, what I have read from his website leaves a very good impression. He publishes material that is very well referenced, writes clearly and he comes across as having a large experience with patients who have severe hormonal imbalances. His articles never raised any red flags.

Added: Just saw Laura's post.

Back
Top Bottom