New Forum layout April 2018

Okay, now I'm getting mails. I think SendGrid is just pokey today. BAD timing!
:rolleyes:

Okay, so it turns out that when you Watch a thread, you will not get e-mails if you're actively reading it.

Then, once it sends 1 e-mail notice, it won't send any more until you've read all the unread posts.

The system also stops sending notification e-mails if you're not active on the forum for several months.

:thup:

This is so nice and modern! I love the new UI of the Forum. Thanks for the work that made this possible! :-D

P.S: (request) I hope there is any chances for the dark mode or space theme to come back. I was so used to that color scheme. But if not is ok I like this new interface a lot anyways!!

Scottie, it seems the new format has changed my name to my old forum name, how do I change it back to my real name ? I can't find the settings for it.

Yes Pink was my favorite if it's available down the road. Not to be inconsiderate!

I went on and started watching all the threads again. I don't suppose that info was migrated too, but I guess someone else will know better.

I'm receiving the emails.

Yep, I ended up doing the same thing for all threads and topics that I could remember.

Okay, so it turns out that when you Watch a thread, you will not get e-mails if you're actively reading it.

Then, once it sends 1 e-mail notice, it won't send any more until you've read all the unread posts.

The system also stops sending notification e-mails if you're not active on the forum for several months.

:thup:

Oh goodie! I had turned it on, but it was sending an email for each and every response, so I turned it off. I'll try it again and see.

How can one paste non-activated links now? because wiht the _ does not longer works, they appeared activated
Found how to do it, was at the preview putting the cursor at the line of the link and appear the little box link, although it does not work for everyone and for the time being I did it with "..."

Attachments

• lin.jpg
    lin.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 26
Lots of thanks go to Scottie for the forum upgrade! It was a LOT of work. It will take some time to get used to the new layout, features, etc. but the effort will be worth it in the end.

Cool! I'm sure a lot of hard work and effort went into making this possible. Admittedly, when I first logged onto this new and improved fully operational forum, I was pretty intimidated by all the new features and lack of familiarity to what we have all come to know and expect from the forum, but I think this is all part of the process, and for those that may not be too keen on these changes, just try to keep an open mind about it and you'll eventually start to learn to navigate and adapt to the new forum.

Back
Top Bottom