New Forum layout April 2018

Also, would it be possible to have the 'Jump to New' button on the 'New Posts' page. Instead, now I have to open each thread from the beginning and then click 'jump to new'. We used to be able to click the 'New' button and it would take us to the latest post in a thread.

Is anyone actually getting forum e-mails?

I'm not, but I can see on SendGrid that a bunch were sent out... And even delivered. Just not to me!

:huh:

Yes, darker 'Night' theme would be nice as an option. But cool new look and I like learning how to use things. It's good for our brains!

I was using the 'Night' theme myself. I wouldn't mind having that option again. It was a good look.

I want to change to my previous screen name, just to avoid confusion, but it's not necessarily a privacy issue. Is that okay?

Also, would it be possible to have the 'Jump to New' button on the 'New Posts' page. Instead, now I have to open each thread from the beginning and then click 'jump to new'. We used to be able to click the 'New' button and it would take us to the latest post in a thread.
Try latest activity on the far right. It is closer to what you are looking for and easier to scroll without having to open.

BTW: The login asks for the email address, but your username works as well. Might be easier to type in some cases.

The thread title on the New Posts page includes "/unread" at the end of the URL. That should jump you down to the first unread post, but it wasn't for me either. Now it is, prolly because I'm reading posts and the forum is recording the last viewed post for my account.

At least, it appears to be working like it's supposed to now - except for old threads I haven't viewed yet with the new forum software.

I think that's what's going on, anyway...

The thread title on the New Posts page includes "/unread" at the end of the URL. That should jump you down to the first unread post, but it wasn't for me either. Now it is, prolly because I'm reading posts and the forum is recording the last viewed post for my account.

At least, it appears to be working like it's supposed to now - except for old threads I haven't viewed yet with the new forum software.

I think that's what's going on, anyway...

Ah, I see. So it basically thinks that I haven't read any of the thread and that's why I get taken to the first post of the thread. I just have to click on every new post so the system shows that I've viewed them and from then on I will get taken to the newest unread post. Very good!

Although it is strange that once in the thread, I can click 'jump to new' and it will take me to the newest post from where I last read. So it kinda remembers where I was at.

Back
Top Bottom