Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

Now that you all mention it, I am seeing it the same way. I think that is what makes Jordan Peterson, a psychologist with a penchant for history and ancient myths, speak with such urgency in his voice about the end result of this leftist ideology that has been taught in colleges and universities all these years. There is that young crop of leftists that will make the Nazis look pale by comparison and the "conservatives" will be left in the dust (comet dust?) or cling to the labels since they are just programed from the opposite direction.

I guess I can see what the Cs meant by "Nazi experience was a "trial run,"" now.

I imagine in terms of 'the last trump', Trump might be similar to the last 'grace period' describing crop circles in the UK. Through his appearance more people have a chance to grasp how little the figure of a US President actually is. At the same time and in a similar way having such a character as Trump i think it makes it easier for Europe politicians to 'declare independence from America' given that in european public culture Trump can be easily seen as superficial (and thus bad), though the arguments are totally superficial themself, but still it backups politicians intentions to loosen the transatlantic leash.

I reckon we should gird up our loins and get out on Twitter and do some work. I did my part for today.

Trump increasingly weary of staffers' stall tactics
[SIZE=4][B]https://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Trump-increasingly-weary-of-staffers-stall-12816938.php[/B][/SIZE]
Monday, April 9, 2018
WASHINGTON (AP)
-
The speech was written. A cast of relatable Americans with emotional stories was standing by to reinforce the message. But President Donald Trump was in no mood to play along.

"The hell with it," Trump said, recounting the scene with his aides to a West Virginia crowd last week, Trump tossed the staff-prepared remarks on tax cuts in the air and ducked as the paper fluttered to the floor. "I said, 'This is boring, come on.' Tell it like it is."

This president has never been one to stick to a script, but that abandoned speech illustrates a new phase in Trump's presidency. He is increasingly at odds with his staff — and growing wise to their tactics.

One favored staff strategy: Guide the president to the right decision by making the conventional choice seem like the only realistic option. Except now, 14 months into his administration, Trump is on to them, and he's making clear he won't be boxed in.

That was the message that an irritated Trump delivered to his national security team last week in a classified meeting about U.S. involvement in Syria.

Trump's advisers, among them Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Joseph Dunford, were advocating for an ongoing U.S. military presence to provide stability. They aimed to rely on the same playbook they used last year in persuading Trump to keep U.S. troops in Afghanistan indefinitely. They would paint a dire picture of a pullout, of regional chaos benefiting Russia and Iran, and the potential resurgence of the Islamic State group.

But even before they could begin their pitch in that meeting Tuesday, Trump headed them off, saying he wanted to remove U.S. troops immediately. The ensuing heated argument put new distance between the president and his team and left the military with a mandate, if not a formal order, to remove U.S. troops from Syria within six months.

The episode stood in sharp contrast to the earlier meeting on Afghanistan, when Trump went along with his advisers despite his instincts to pull out completely.

More than 10 current and former White House officials and outside advisers spoke to AP on condition of anonymity to describe such internal discussions.

The shift has as much to do with changes in personnel as changes in the president's attitude. Former White House staff secretary Rob Porter, for one, was viewed as a person Trump could trust to be an honest broker and make sure that all options were being faithfully presented to him.

During the Afghanistan meeting, aides went out of their way to make it appear that they were considering Trump's perspective with an even hand. But with Syria, aides said, Trump felt he was being steamrolled and lashed out.

Managing a boss who despises being managed is a difficult game. And those who have succeeded have proceeded carefully. Some aides, convinced that Trump puts more stock in what he sees on TV than in his own aides' advice, regularly phone prominent commentators and news hosts to provide talking points on everything from tax policy to Syria in hopes of influencing Trump. Similar strategies have also been embraced by foreign governments and outside groups trying to sway the president's thinking.

Stall tactics were favored by Trump's first chief of staff, Reince Priebus. He often told Trump that staffers needed more time to work on a proposal or that it would be better put off until the next week, hoping Trump would change his mind or forget.

Indeed, as Trump considered the impact of tariffs on steel and aluminum imports and on some imports from China, his free-trade-supporting aides hoped they could wait him out.

But Trump, fed up with aides who were pleading for more time on tariffs, blew up.

In the chaotic aftermath of Porter's departure, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and hawkish trade adviser Peter Navarro encouraged Trump to take protectionist action. Aides including Treasury Steve Mnuchin and then-National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn, whose actions some aides compared to "hiding the ball," were suddenly left scrambling to devise a rear-guard action. Cohn resigned days later when it became clear that tariffs were imminent.

Of course Trump isn't the only president whom aides have tried to roll, particularly when it comes to national security. The Pentagon has a history of presenting a range of options, some extreme, and trying to steer a president to its preferred policy.

In 2009, a new president, Barack Obama, wrestled for months with competing advice from his national security team on how to turn around the stalemated war in Afghanistan before deciding on a compromise plan to send 30,000 more troops in an escalate-to-exit strategy. Obama suspected the military of leaking details of National Security Council deliberations to press him into accepting a bigger troop surge. The internal acrimony over troop increases reached a point, Robert Gates wrote in his memoir, "Duty," that he came closer to resigning than at any other time in his tenure as Obama's defense secretary.

Some aides insist that Trump has long been aware of his staff's management strategies, and was merely playing along with their schemes. But the recent changes in how Trump interacts with his staff have also been driven by a shake-up in White House personnel that includes the weakening of the chief of staff, John Kelly.

Over the last six weeks, the decision-making process overseen by Porter has largely broken down, giving Trump's outside confidants a new opening.

Some of those outsiders were once insiders. Now gone, they've seized the opportunity to influence Trump once again.

Published on Apr 9, 2018

FBI Raids Office Of Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen
Mon, 04/09/2018 - 16:01

THE U.S.A. POLICY IS COOKING IN ITS OWN JUICE.

Drafting ANabril 9, 2018 7:42 pm

The former commissioner for the "Dialogue with the Indigenous Peoples of Mexico" Jaime Martínez Veloz extended his complaint against the president of the United States, Donald Trump, before the Attorney General's Office (PGR).

On Monday afternoon, Martínez Veloz delivered a letter addressed to an agency of the Federal Public Ministry in Tijuana, Baja California, to expand the accusation of facts in which he accused Trump of tax fraud.

The former Segob official explained Monday in an interview for Aristegui En Vivo that in 2006 Trump announced the construction of a departmental complex on the beaches of Rosarito, Baja California, which never materialized.

"I started researching at the Urban Development Department of the state, of Urban Development of Tijuana, of Rosarito, and I realized that there was no building permit in his or her daughter's name or the company she was promoting, that is called Irongate ", he explained.

Given this, in October 2016 Martínez Veloz filed a complaint for tax fraud and, additionally, some buyers also did so in the United States.

In the extension of his complaint, the former official asked the PGR to open an investigation, to turn an office to Interpol so that President Donald Trump is presented to make his statement before the PGR and that once the investigation is exhausted consigne before a judge.

Martínez Veloz added to his writing copies of requests for access to information in which the National Institute of Migration refuses to answer if there is a visa to conduct business activities in the name of Donald Trump, his daughter Ivanka Trump or Trump Ocean Resort Baja Mexico .

April 9, 2018 - On The Threshold of War — Paul Craig Roberts
https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2018/04/09/threshold-war-paul-craig-roberts/

UPDATE - There is no longer any doubt that the criminally insane government in Washington is driving the world to the last war.

https://www.rt.com/news/423634-unsc-security-threats-syria-chemical/

https://www.rt.com/news/423627-russian-military-checks-chemical-douma/

UPDATE - As Americans we must face the possibility that we have a criminally insane government in Washington that is leading the world to destruction.

A Russian Government Press Release:

False information is being planted about the alleged use of chlorine and other toxic agents by the Syrian government forces. The latest fake news about a chemical attack on Douma was reported yesterday. These reports are again referenced to the notorious White Helmets, which have been proved more than once to be working hand in glove with the terrorists, as well as to other pseudo-humanitarian organisations headquartered in the UK and the US.

We recently warned of the possibility of such dangerous provocations. The goal of these absolutely unsubstantiated lies is to protect the terrorists and the irreconcilable radical opposition that has rejected a political settlement, as well as to justify the possible use of force by external actors.
We have to say once again that military interference in Syria, where Russian forces have been deployed at the request of the legitimate government, under contrived and false pretexts is absolutely unacceptable and can lead to very grave consequences.

http://www.mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/news/-/asset_publisher/cKNonkJE02Bw/content/id/3155552?p_p_id=101_INSTANCE_cKNonkJE02Bw&_101_INSTANCE_cKNonkJE02Bw_languageId=en_GB

This is John Helmer’s interpretation of the warning:

“WHEN THE RULE OF LAW WAS DESTROYED IN SALISBURY, LONDON AND THE HAGUE, AND THE RULE OF FRAUD DECLARED IN WASHINGTON, THAT LEAVES ONLY THE RULE OF FORCE IN THE WORLD. THE STAVKA [the high command of the Russian armed forces] MET IN MOSCOW ON GOOD FRIDAY AND IS READY. THE FOREIGN MINISTRY ANNOUNCED ON SUNDAY “THE GRAVEST CONSEQUENCES”. THIS MEANS ONE AMERICAN SHOT AT A RUSSIAN SOLDIER, THEN WE ARE AT WAR. NOT INFOWAR, NOT CYBERWAR, NOT ECONOMIC WAR, NOT PROXY WAR. WORLD WAR.”

http://johnhelmer.org/?p=17680

I hope that the situation is not this severe.

On The Threshold of War

Paul Craig Roberts

“The Russian view is simple: the West is ruled by a gang of thugs supported by an infinitely lying and hypocritical media while the general public in the West has been hopelessly zombified.” — The Saker

https://russia-insider.com/en/russia-ready-war-mood-prime-time-tv-grim/ri23019

“The US generals, unlike the US politicians and media and US administration, are risk-averse if the outcome may be catastrophic.” — Gilbert Doctorow

https://russia-insider.com/en/were-not-going-war-not-yet-last-nights-russian-tv-analysis/ri23024

Above are two of the three most intelligent and reliable Russian experts. The third is Professor Stephen Cohen, who worries, as I do, that an arrogant Washington drowning in hubris is provoking Russia to war.

The Saker has concluded that the Russians have concluded that it has been a mistake to put up with Washington’s lies, insults, and orchestrated events and have decided that if the dumbshit Americans attack Syria, Russia is going to take out the US forces involved.

Doctorow has concluded that as dumbshit as Washington is, the US Joint Chiefs of Staff have more sense and will not go along with an attack on a Russian ally.

I hope that Doctorow is correct. However, with that crazed demented warmonger John Bolton sitting in the White House next to Trump, who enjoys the role of tough guy, I am more scared by The Saker’s reading than I am reasured by Doctorow’s.

There are reports, the validity of which I cannot confirm at this time, that the entirety of the Russian military has been put on high alert, not merely the Russian forces in Syria. See for example: http://defence-blog.com/news/russia-suddenly-puts-troops-alert.html

Nikki Haley’s threats against Russia today in the UN do not support Doctorow’s hopes that reason will prevail in Washington. The crazed bitch said that the US will act against the “monster” Assad with or without the UN.

Tough man Trump, sitting next to the crazed warmonger Bolton, declared that the alleged chemical attack in Syria “will be met and it will be met forcefully. We can’t let atrocities like we all witnessed… we can’t let that happen in our world, especially because of the power of the US, we are able to stop it.”

There was NO chemical attack by Syria. I know that for an absolute 100% fact. I would bet my life on it. Yet here is the US president declaring a total non-fact to be something “we all witnssed.” Little wonder that the Russians have concluded that the West is ruled by a gang of thugs supported by an infinitely lying and hypocritical media while the general public in the West has been hopelessly zombified.

If Doctorow is not correct that a sane US Joint Chiefs of Staff will prevail over the crazed President and his National Security Adviser, we are headed for war.

It is a war that the US will not win.

Notice, dear readers, that there is no mention of this pending crisis in the Western media. Instead the media whether CNN or the BBC has as the lead news story the FBI’s raid on Trump’s lawyer:

https://www.cnn.com

http://www.bbc.com/news
Insouciant Americans is too mild, isn’t it. Clueless is the correct word.

April 10, 2018 - Trump's homeland security adviser Bossert resigns
Trump's homeland security adviser Bossert resigns

U.S. President Donald Trump's homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert, has resigned, the president's spokeswoman said on Tuesday, in the latest departure from the White House of a senior adviser.

An administration official said Bossert, a former deputy national security adviser to President George W. Bush, had left at the request of Trump's new national security adviser, John Bolton, who began working in his post at the White House on Monday.

"The president is grateful for Tom's commitment to the safety and security of our great country," White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

"Tom led the White House's efforts to protect the homeland from terrorist threats, strengthen our cyber defenses, and respond to an unprecedented series of natural disasters," Sanders said.

Bolton's arrival at the White House also prompted the departure of Trump's national security council spokesman, Michael Anton.

Bossert joins a long list of other senior officials who have resigned or been fired since Trump took office in January 2017, including previous national security advisers Michael Flynn and H.R. McMaster, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, communications directors Hope Hicks and Anthony Scaramucci, economic adviser Gary Cohn and chief strategist Steve Bannon.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, health Secretary Tom Price and Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin have also left.

Bossert oversaw the administration’s work on cyber security issues and was considered a key voice for responding more aggressively to destructive cyber attacks launched by hostile adversaries, including Russia, Iran and North Korea. He helped guide the administration’s decisions in recent months to blame and impose costs on each of those countries in an effort to create a more forceful cyber deterrence strategy.

Bossert was generally well respected by cyber security experts, who viewed him as a knowledgeable voice in the room.

Rob Joyce, the White House’s cyber security czar, who reported to Bossert, is still working in the administration, a White House official said.

Pretty good speech from Stefan Molyneux:

Edit: its a bit long but a good plea for peace, gave me chills in a few places.

Sadly, Ruth, I'm afraid you are right. For those who have read "The Psychopathic God", the psychological biography of Adolf Hitler, what is going on now in USA, and to some extent, all over the planet, resembles most closely the Weimar Republic days. The book goes into that in some detail and how that chaos launched Hitler. I think the liberals will get their Hitler eventually.

You know, I'm not altogether convinced that they don't/didn't already have their Hitler.... Hillary! Ta Dah! Pure Evil in my opinion. Or, perhaps it's representative on Earth at that current time? I guess people 'get' that I don't like her....

I think it is most unfortunate that Evil is (probably) already running the show in the form of 'Deep State' 'One World Order' etc.

Does that make having a figure head like Hillary (or Hitler) redundant? Now that is a scary thought! At least it is for me. Because, if you don't need a figure head, and Evil is already running the show, it means humanity is already up to its eye brows in a very, very bad situation. :cry:

And the Cosmic response to that massive imbalance might be a natural event. A Cascadia Subduction Zone earth quake, or a Yellowstone Caldera eruption. Gotta say, who needs cometary bombardment when you're looking down the barrel of THAT particular canon? The implications are frightening.

A couple of silly things occurred to me when I read that head-line. Firstly why aren't Mexicans running in the opposite direction (of the US) screaming?

And Trump seems to be 'keeping his troops occupied'. A bit like that nursery rhyme "The Grand Old Duke of York"
A few things have been bugging me as well as what you said, Ruth. The "smart" word Trump used in quotations in his tweet, then particularly warning Russia and then in the next tweet saying 'it doesn't have to be like this', all sounds a little cryptic to me. Then, he's taking his time to decide when he'll strike. I'm probably reaching but I can't help feeling he's biding his time for something or someone to give him reason to revoke the strike on Syria; after all he's been touting the 'get out of Syria' theme since before the election. I can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't fit.

Some Conjecture with the Attack's on Trump. And what may have motivated his behavior with Syria and Iran.
If this has some merit I think it may provide a clue to his Mental State being so erratic.
Sounds like the Deep State Operatives via Mossad pulling the strings aka Advanced WMD
U.S. Strikes Syria – David Hawkins Phone Call Apr 7, 2018
Crowdsource the Truth 2 / 1:21:48 / 4-14-18

**TRUMP TOWER FIRE!**
Heavy Fire on the 50th Floor at Manhattan 4th Alarm 10-76 Box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STS1wa2yf2M

Trump Tower Fire - FDNY Manhattan Fire Dispatch Audio
Apr 9, 2018 / 52:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHrhWCuS6WM
5:25 2nd alarm 17:22 3rd alarm 31:16 4th alarm
A fire broke out at Trump Tower on Saturday, leaving one man dead and six firefighters injured, the New York City Fire Department said. Police identified the man killed as Todd Brassner, 67, a resident of the building's 50th floor.

He was taken to the hospital in critical condition but later died, said spokeswoman Angelica Conroy of the Fire Department. Brassner was unconscious and unresponsive when firefighters pulled him out, the New York Police Department said.

The medical examiner's office will determine the cause of death. The fire was contained to the 50th floor of the tower, located on Fifth Avenue in New York. (5D)

It was ruled under control around 9 p.m., two hours after it was originally reported, the FDNY tweeted. Six firefighters suffered injuries that are not life threatening, Conroy said. No members of the Trump family were at the tower during the fire, Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro said.

Length / 3:43 (Consider the Body Language Commissioner Daniel Nigro)

Length / 24:17 Mar 21, 2018

CrossTalk: Trump targets Iran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1apy_Ojk0xY
Published on Oct 13, 2017 / 24:03
Objectively speaking, what is called the Iran nuclear deal is a milestone for non-proliferation and diplomacy. According to the International Atomic Energy Agency, Iran is in compliance with the agreement signed during the Obama administration. Donald Trump knows this. So why does he want to trash the agreement? CrossTalking with Mahan Abedin, Roozbeh Aliabadi, and Ian Williams.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom