What's the weather where you are?

We are having generally perfect weather in SW France: sunny, warmish but not too hot, dry, and cool nights. Just like October!

What a dramatic change in the temperature yesterday in Western Macedonia. Yesterday at 2 p.m it was 28C. At 3 p.m the north wind started to blow and at 5:30 pm When I was going back home from work it was 15C.
This morning at 8:30 am it was only 9 C.

It is dry weather with some clouds in the sky, but a drastic and sudden temperature drop.

Yup, here too in Dalmatia temperature dropped hugely, from 30 C to just 3 C (accompanied by The Elemental of Boorah - of course) on one littoral mountain top - at which summits' bay I've spent the best single day (Sunday :thup:) of this summer, enjoying all the benefits of one outstanding sea calm. Swimmin', sunbathing, with only few tourists :clap: - like a genuine Beach Bum :-[

Like some song goes:

Beach Bum, Beach Bum :bacon:
Baby, I'm a Beach Bum :bacon:

:boat:

And after that cold wave now we have very hot weather in western Macedonia.
In the morning temperatures are about 8-10C and during the day they go up to 22-27C.
Cherries are blossoming like it is a spring. Every year we were starting the heating from 10 to 15 October but this year it will be probably later if the weather goes like this.
Also, it is a very dry weather. I haven't rained for a long time.
But as it is so unpredictable, all this can change overnight.
It is so weird.

And after that cold wave now we have very hot weather in western Macedonia.
In the morning temperatures are about 8-10C and during the day they go up to 22-27C.
Cherries are blossoming like it is a spring. Every year we were starting the heating from 10 to 15 October but this year it will be probably later if the weather goes like this.
Also, it is a very dry weather. I haven't rained for a long time.
But as it is so unpredictable, all this can change overnight.
It is so weird.

Same condition here in north-east of France. The usual very rainy Fall don't miss me. And yes, it's strange, because it's different from what we call the Indian Summer, which we can experience for time to time, in terms of very very hot temperatures for October.

THE WINTWER CAME FORWARD. SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN TEMPERATURE.

Today, October 11, it has been raining all day, sky completely cloudy, rain is forecast for the following 48 hours.In the morning from 18 to 22°C.

CONAGUA:
From October to December of the current year, 16 cold fronts are expected to enter Mexico, above the average, which is 14, reported the National Water Commission (Conagua).

Meanwhile, from October to December, temperatures are estimated lower than their historical average in northern regions of Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Durango, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas and Veracruz.

A cold front and its air mass can generate rain, hail, sudden drop in temperature, low temperatures, frost, snow, strong winds, northern winds in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as winter storms. The Conagua urged the population to keep informed about the update that will be carried out in November 2018, related to the cold fronts season 2018-2019.

In the Netherlands records have been broken once again. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were all the warmest October 12th, 13th, and 14th ever recorded. On Saturday temperatures even rose to 28 degrees Celsius in some places. Sunday's record was broken when temperatures climbed to 25 degrees in Limburg, compared to the previous record of 24 degrees.

In comparison, three years ago the Netherlands had its first snow of the season on October 14th. Limburg woke up to a world covered in white on October 14th, 2015 and maximum temperatures in the province did not climb above 5 degrees Celsius.

Full details:
Unseasonably warm weather to linger in Netherlands this week
A couple more days of summer, then colder but sunny says ahead - DutchNews.nl

There was a big change in our weather in central Texas last week. Last Sunday, the weather was "normal" with temperatures, 60F for a low up to about 85 during the day. Then Monday night, it went down to about 45F and started raining. The high on Monday was only about 49. It rained steadily all week, with breaks here and there. The temperatures stayed lower than normal, going up into the 50's only during the day.

We have had a severe drought for months. The ground had large cracks: IMG_20180723_070011 (2).jpg Now, all the ponds are overflowing and the creek has covered the road: IMG_20181017_074143.jpg We expect more of the same for the next week, with lower than normal temperatures and more rain. Maybe we are working toward a new "normal".

Same here. The snow is moderately light but sticky with a light fog. A bit heavier on the mountian ranges, at Pic du Midi.

This is an early arrival of winter like conditions. We (this area), usually see this activity more towards the end of November, (at varying elevations from 611–2,262 m or 2,005–7,421 ft. And so it begins. :whistle:

Unusually warm weather in western Macedonia for this part of the year. Temperatures go from 10 in the morning up to 16-17 during the day.
Very dry period. Only a few minutes of rain overnight and that is all.
Forecasts say that the next month we will have above average temperatures as well.

In Northeastern Pennsylvania, we got our first major snow storm. It started out moderate around 3 PM on Thursday and kept snowing, then changing over to sleet and ice during the night, then back to snow. It's heavy to shovel. Weather reports seem to be downplaying the amounts. Where I'm located, I measured around 10 inches just before mid-night, then it starting sleeting. Higher elevations got over a foot. So, everyone is digging out this morning. This storm is about 2-3 weeks early, compared to other years.

From this morning first snow in Macedonia. In western parts where I live the falls are very intensive. In the city, there is about 5-10 cm and in higher places and mountains much more.
Temperature is around 0C.

Back
Top Bottom