Quinton Plasma/Water, or "percutaneous hydrotomy"

In that way you will take blood from each vein once every three weeks if you rotate the procedure and will end up applying to the intramuscular parts every three weeks too...
With that you will be always in the safe side in relation to allow the veins to heal safely and conservatively.

ERRATA: Every Four weeks...

I still have a couple of questions:
  • I only injected just over 1.5ml intramuscularly last night, do you think I should wait another week before repeating the procedure on another arm? Or would it be better to do it again in a day or two and inject more blood for a better healing effect? My previous injections were 3ml, and 6ml.
  • How long does a vein take to heal? How often can blood be drawn from the same vein?
  • Should I choose different spots on the veins and different veins to avoid damage? I have two very visible veins on, one on each arm, sousing other veins will be a bit of a challenge.
  • If there is a bruise, should I wait until it's gone before drawing blood that arm? (I now have bruises on both arms, one from last night, and one form the previous procedure)
I know there are doctors and nurses here who may think AHT is really not a big deal, and I agree that it isn't - objectively speaking. But my subjective little self now feels like a Hogwarts graduate :wizard:

Kudos for being able to do it yourself!

Questions/answers:
Prolly need to do it again rather soon since that's not enough to get things going I don't think. Just use the other arm.

You can probably do 8 ml by now with good effect.

Veins heal usually in a few days. If you do it again pretty quick with other vein, then wait at least 5 days, both veins should be healed up.

I generally do the same spot on the veins over and over again because it's just so easy. Just alternating arms.

Don't have to worry much about bruises on the arm if you wait at least 5 days. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Best way to avoid bruises on arms is to have someone there to help and do the injection while you keep firm pressure on the draw site for at least a few minutes. If I forget the pressure step, I often have a bruise.

However, not everything went very well. I intended to draw 6ml of blood and I inserted the needle to around 5 millimeters into the vain, but the needle popped out of my vein at around 2ml. I was so focused on the syringe that I wasn't paying attention to the needle. The instructions say the tourniquet needs to be removed before the needle comes out and I think I learned why this is the case. I now have a bruise on my arm and a blood stain on my carpet.

Hi Ant22, congratulations for doing the AHT yourself!

When I was doing AHT for the first times, I taped the tube of the butterfly cannula on my arm with "surgical tape". I cut an appropriate piece of the tape beforehand and placed it on the edge of a table, only a small part of the tape attaching to the edge, the rest hanging in air. Once I had punctured the vein (blood was flowing into the tube), I took the tape and used it to secure the tube.

You get the hang of the whole procedure quite quickly, but if you would like to try the tape-trick, you should be able to find surgical tapes at any drugstore. :-)

Thank you everyone :flowers: As advised by Laura, I decided to do my second shot earlier than after 7 days but due to lack of time I only did it today. I did an 8ml shot. It definitely went much smoother than the first time and I'll continue to do AHT weekly.

Hi Ant22, congratulations for doing the AHT yourself!

When I was doing AHT for the first times, I taped the tube of the butterfly cannula on my arm with "surgical tape". I cut an appropriate piece of the tape beforehand and placed it on the edge of a table, only a small part of the tape attaching to the edge, the rest hanging in air. Once I had punctured the vein (blood was flowing into the tube), I took the tape and used it to secure the tube.

You get the hang of the whole procedure quite quickly, but if you would like to try the tape-trick, you should be able to find surgical tapes at any drugstore. :-)

Hey hiker, your description of doing AHT put me at ease before my first attempt, and using tape is quite a hack. Thanks for sharing! :flowers: I used normal sellotape as I wasn't around a pharmacy over the past couple of days but it did the job pretty well.

Thank you everyone :flowers: As advised by Laura, I decided to do my second shot earlier than after 7 days but due to lack of time I only did it today. I did an 8ml shot. It definitely went much smoother than the first time and I'll continue to do AHT weekly.

After about 8 weeks, you should really begin to notice the difference. Up to that point, there may be little that you can notice OR, conversely, you may feel like you have a flu for a few days after and then feel better. Probably those people who have a strong reaction are the ones that need it the most and that shows what a powerful therapy it is. I would just suggest that if a person has a strong reaction, they can reduce the amount for a few weeks and only gradually increase, incrementally. In fact, the book says that people who are really sick should do it every day or two, only small amounts. SERIOUS sicknesses, they recommend 2 or 3 times a day (like ebola or malaria or such).

I would say that it was only after 3 months - 12 weekly shots - that I really, really realized how much better I was; that was when I put the canes in the closet. For a few months after, I would take them if I had to go out and was unsure of the terrain, but now, I don't need them at all and I'm really amazed at the benefits. It's been 15 months that I've been doing it steadily with only a couple of breaks or being too busy once or twice. Other than that, I'm faithful about it and definitely miss it if I skip!!!

At the rate I'm going, I'll be back to 40 years old soon!!!

I wanted to give an update regarding my experience with autohemotherapy and ask a couple of questions, if that's OK.

I have now had 4 injections, 3 done by a nurse and one administered by myself. I have no negative symptoms to report and as for positive ones, it's a bit hard to say. One thing that certainly was different was that I was able to handle quite decent amount of 'normal' food (within reason, gluten, dairy, tomatoes and most grains are still a no-no). My meat intake needs to be quite high, too many cabs (or wrong carbs) and I get ridiculously fatigued. Yet throughout my Christmas I had cake daily (gluten and dairy free though) and I was OK. Christmas dishes at home are quite carby and I was able to have them too without issues. Initially I didn't put it down to AHT but to probiotics an Applied Kinesiologist I visited in December prescribed me. But coincidentally, I felt a bit unwell on day 8 after the first injection, which is when I had my second one done, so the improvement may in fact be related to AHT.

Last night I did my own AHT for the first time. The biggest difficulty was being scared of needles due to really bad experience with them in my childhood. In fact, I never even saw the process of drawing blood until my first AHT: I always used to look away with a slight feeling of terror.

I think using the butterfly needle with a 30cm tube was helpful too, as it gave me quite a bit of flexibility and manipulating the syringe didn't move the needle. The fact that blood clots quickly was very motivating to get this done without much overthinking, and the muscular injection turned out to be the easiest part.

However, not everything went very well. I intended to draw 6ml of blood and I inserted the needle to around 5 millimeters into the vain, but the needle popped out of my vein at around 2ml. I was so focused on the syringe that I wasn't paying attention to the needle. The instructions say the tourniquet needs to be removed before the needle comes out and I think I learned why this is the case. I now have a bruise on my arm and a blood stain on my carpet.

What helped me not to panic was the fact that I watched the instructions video a couple of times, to the point I could visualise myself doing it. I also diligently went through each step of the video before actually injecting the needle into my vein so I felt like I knew what I was doing.

I still have a couple of questions:
  • I only injected just over 1.5ml intramuscularly last night, do you think I should wait another week before repeating the procedure on another arm? Or would it be better to do it again in a day or two and inject more blood for a better healing effect? My previous injections were 3ml, and 6ml.
  • How long does a vein take to heal? How often can blood be drawn from the same vein?
  • Should I choose different spots on the veins and different veins to avoid damage? I have two very visible veins on, one on each arm, sousing other veins will be a bit of a challenge.
  • If there is a bruise, should I wait until it's gone before drawing blood that arm? (I now have bruises on both arms, one from last night, and one form the previous procedure)
I know there are doctors and nurses here who may think AHT is really not a big deal, and I agree that it isn't - objectively speaking. But my subjective little self now feels like a Hogwarts graduate :wizard:

Thanks for sharing your story Ant22. I am interested in trying out AHT as well, and I'm just doing preliminary research on procuring equipment. At my work we have a phlebotomist come in once a week to draw bloods for testing, and I should ask her for tips and advice I think. Sorry if this was mentioned before, but is there a kit somewhere online you used to get stared? I'm currently looking into Canadian and US suppliers, and it seems like more than a couple of them are geared toward clinical customers, since some butterfly needles come in packs of 1000, which I defnitely won't be going through in a timely fashion.

Hey whitecoast, I bought 10ml syringes, normal needles size 22 Guage. Pharmacists didn't actually know what size 22 needle was where I bought them so I just went by the parametres: 4cm length and 0.7mm thickness. I also bought butterfly needles with a longer tube. These are the ones I bought: Nipro SafeTouch Butterfly Needle 23G, x50

One thing to pay attention to is the part of the needle that goes on the syringe. Some look like they go inside the syringe nozzle and 10ml syringes seem to be too small for that. Here's an example of a syringe that I thought may not work with my syringe: Butterfly Needle 23g Blue x1

I also bought the disinfecting liquid and some cotton balls.

What worked really well for me was getting the first couple of rounds done by a nurse. This way, I could observe the angle at which the needle was inserted into the vein, the spot the needle was injected into the muscle and the depth of the injection. So if the phlebotomist at work can give you some tips - or do it for you - it would be great. But I guess phlebotomists aren't allowed to give injections.

Also, when purchasing butterfly needles, I made sure the tube was long enough (30cm) for me to hold the syringe comfortably. If you decide to tape the tube of the butterfly needle to your arm, like hiker suggested above, you will be able to operate the syringe with both hands, if the tube is long enough. I found this to be helpful becuase my hands are tiny and the 10ml syringe is a bit hard to operate with one hand.

Laura said above that it's good to have someone to help but unfortunately I can't think of anyone who wouldn't think I've lost my mind. :-)If others perform AHT themselves with the a regular needle, without using the butterfly one, they must be very skilled, I find using the butterfly needle to be a huge help becuase the tube absorbs most of the movement of the syringe.

I followed the instructions in the below video:

Some things were different between the video and my experience: the video said the butterfly "wings" have little dots on them and where the dots are is the side the bevel is facing upward. It was the other way round on my needles so just watch the bevel of the needle. Also, she drew 1ml of blood and it looked easy. 6 or 8ml is a bit more work as the plunger of the syringe must be pulled out much more.

But like she said it the video, the whole process takes no more than 5 minutes and clotting tendencies of blood mean that once you get started there's no overthinking it. You just get on with it. I did a "dry run" to make sure I was familiar with each step of the process.

If you decide to go for it do let us know how it goes! My first attempt wasn't exactly perfect but the second one went without issues. :-)

Last edited:
One thing to pay attention to is the part of the needle that goes on the syringe. Some look like they go inside the syringe nozzle and 10ml syringes seem to be too small for that. Here's an example of a syringe that I thought may not work with my syringe: Butterfly Needle 23g Blue x1

I wanted to say: "Here's an example of a needle that I thought may not work with my syringe". Also, I pasted the wrong link, this is the one I thought may not fit my syringe: BD Vacutainer Safety-Lok Blood Collection Set with Luer Adaptor 0.75" 25G Needle Dark Blue 7" Tubing x 50 (367295)

I may be wrong though and they both may work perfectly. The very first needle I ever attached to a syringe was the one I used for my first AHT so I'm hardly and expert :-) But I preferred to play it safe and I bought the needle that looked like the one the nurse used. Wasting £40 would not be fun.

I wanted to say: "Here's an example of a needle that I thought may not work with my syringe". Also, I pasted the wrong link, this is the one I thought may not fit my syringe: BD Vacutainer Safety-Lok Blood Collection Set with Luer Adaptor 0.75" 25G Needle Dark Blue 7" Tubing x 50 (367295)

I may be wrong though and they both may work perfectly. The very first needle I ever attached to a syringe was the one I used for my first AHT so I'm hardly and expert :-) But I preferred to play it safe and I bought the needle that looked like the one the nurse used. Wasting £40 would not be fun.

You are right On Ant22.

The Scalp/Butterfly that you posted now (above last link) have to be avoided for those who will use syringe to manually grab the blood.

Now more pictures of the right Scalp one type 23G :cool2::cool2::cool2:

scalp3.png

Attachments

• scalp4.png
    scalp4.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 4
You are right On Ant22.

The Scalp/Butterfly that you posted now (above last link) have to be avoided for those who will use syringe to manually grab the blood.

Now more pictures of the right Scalp one type 23G :cool2::cool2::cool2:

Thanks mariowil7, I'm glad I played it safe and got the one I posted above. It works like a charm for me :-) Also, in the AHT video I posted above the woman screws the needle onto the syringe nozzle. My syringe didn't have any screw tracks so I was specifically looking for needles that can be inserted on the syringe nozzle.

The part that goes on the syringe looks different in your photo to the one I bought but it is in fact the same one you posted. There's a removable plastic security part that your photo shows but the photo of the one I bought doesn't. What I received looked like the one you posted. Once the cap was removed it looked like the one below.

I thought I'd mention this becuase as someone with no medical training I was a bit confused when I was looking for the right needles.

Attachments

• nipro_safetouch_butterfly_set__22861.1429176501.1280.1280__68043.1464089703.1280.1280.jpg
    nipro_safetouch_butterfly_set__22861.1429176501.1280.1280__68043.1464089703.1280.1280.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Wondering about the AHT protocol concerning the withdrawal of blood from one arm and then re-injecting it in the opposite buttock :

I did it twice now, on the same sides (right arm - right buttock then left...), since I forgot about this part of the protocol when doing the first treatment. (I started with 5 ml, then I intend to use 8 ml for the next round and 10 ml afterwards, on a three months schedule).

I guess it doesn't really matter, everything has been going pretty well so far, but may be I should do it the way it's supposed to be for the next sessions ?

Wondering about the AHT protocol concerning the withdrawal of blood from one arm and then re-injecting it in the opposite buttock :

I did it twice now, on the same sides (right arm - right buttock then left...), since I forgot about this part of the protocol when doing the first treatment. (I started with 5 ml, then I intend to use 8 ml for the next round and 10 ml afterwards, on a three months schedule).

I guess it doesn't really matter, everything has been going pretty well so far, but may be I should do it the way it's supposed to be for the next sessions ?

I don't think that matters, as long as it's in a muscle. Some people do it in the thigh or the upper arm, or even in specific injured areas of the body.

Back
Top Bottom