price of silver and gold after the dollar crashes

Let me be frank and say either way, staying in house or being outside it when the extreme violence is present in a crowded city, you are already dead. I read on these pages about stockpiling food and weapons and it is all funny and there is a lack of reasoning and logic in all these but mostly lack of knowledge of the scale of it that is the result of those prior two. These does not mean that you do not prepare as much as you can and with what you have at hand, and hope for the best but in most cases it ends the worst.

Without a community that has some security you re not going to last for long, or at least a team because only food and water will not provide security and vice versa. Owning a weapon does not mean much if you do not have skill that requiers time and effort and money, likewise alone without others that also have training and tactics you re not in a good position to be in. Even with all that chances are that you re not going to make it because that is life, and even after all that there is worse to come with the end result.....Maybe it is a time to accept that is the case. Frankly I do not see the point of living for long in such a world, it is bad already or frankly it was whole my 32 years here so the death is sometimes looked as a kind of salvation.

To be honest, it was my opinion to. Dying would be a kind of salvation. However, quite a few people on the forum seem optimistic or kind of skirt the subject, hence why I asked the question. But you're absolutely right about stockpiling and weapon and the same thoughts crossed my mind. In times of war, the main way people managed to survive is by either leaving the country or part of country affected by war or simply by waiting for the war to stop. Either options is closed to us. The violence will not stop until there's nothing left. So, yeah. Death one way or the other.

Also, one of my thought was what's the point of living in a destroyed world? Like what's enjoyable about that?

Let me be frank and say either way, staying in house or being outside it when the extreme violence is present in a crowded city, you are already dead. I read on these pages about stockpiling food and weapons and it is all funny and there is a lack of reasoning and logic in all these but mostly lack of knowledge of the scale of it that is the result of those prior two. These does not mean that you do not prepare as much as you can and with what you have at hand, and hope for the best but in most cases it ends the worst.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Let's say you have food, fuel, medical supplies, power, water, etc. all stocked up.

Great. Can you defend it when everyone else doesn't have it any? When you're the only house in the area with lights, electricity, clean water, and food, how long do you think it will take before everyone notices?

So then you get a bunch of guns and ammo, and you learn how to use them.

Fabulous. One problem: Do you really want to be in a position to have to start shooting hordes of people who will come to take your supplies?!

Thus, you will either have a good standing in the community and a good network and share what you have, or you'll die very quickly.

But all of that is rather 3d thinking.

Preparing for possible futures is fine, but when it becomes an obsession and/or driven by anxiety of what MIGHT happen, then you've lost your way.

What about taking action now to try to inform others, spread new ideas, and be the "anti-MSM voice"?

You might do this because it just seems like the right thing to do. You don't think you're going to change anything, really. At the same time, you can see how certain twists and turns come along that change everything.

The world appears to be going on a certain path, and then POOF! Country A becomes a sudden voice of reason in a world gone mad... Or maybe some crazy guy becomes president and certain possible (less bright) futures are greatly mitigated - even though everything is still not perfect and even getting worse in other ways.

That's vague and nebulous and it may seem like it's not going to feed you, but somehow it does.

But there are two things required: a group of people to help you see things accurately (and you them), and a calm, centered, NOT hysterical ability to view what IS as it changes day by day, hour by hour.

Q: (L) You once said that the wave was something like "hyperkinetic sensate". And I've often wondered if that means that it's something that massively amplifies whatever is inside an individual? And if that were the case and they were full of a lot of unpleasant, painful, miserable feelings, repressed and suppressed thoughts and so forth, and something that was hyperkinetic sensate amplified all of that, what would it do to that individual? I mean, can you imagine any of us in our worst state of feeling yucky and then having that amplified a bazillion times? If it was bad stuff inside you, you would implode!

A: Soul smashing!

We already see this happening. A lot.

I hate to sound like the I Ching or something, but it's 200% true that if you follow that part of yourself that is small, you will get small results. If you follow that part of yourself that is big, correct, principled, and more concerned with the greater good in the longrun instead of your own petty day-to-day concerns and wants and desires, then everything opens up to you.

That's more like the true meaning of faith: It's not that you put your hopes in some God up there who's gonna save you just because, or even some "hero" down here who will do the same for you. Instead, you work to become the person that will be capable of saving himself and others. You work to help and "save" others, and thereby save yourself - but not in any hard physical 3d way.

That "faith" is the polar opposite of our iPhone selfie me-me-me world, where all we can think about is how I will survive, what about MY oh-so-important presence in the world, how can I survive, I don't want to suffer...

It's wise to prepare for possible futures, but it's even wiser to never need those preparations because you have done and continue to do the hard work of purging yourself of all that is small and petty as you closely and regularly observe reality and adjust your course.

None of that means that you will never die, or never go hungry, or never suffer in any other way. It just means that you will be able to choose your suffering to some extent, and that in the end it won't matter anyway because you will be able to say that you did all that you could to contribute to something better then yourself.

And then you won't be optimistic or pessimistic about the future; you'll just be there, surfing that wave, taking what comes, and so on. When you feel pessimistic, others in your network will remind you of the other side of the coin. When you are optimistic, others will balance that out.

In the end, our best friend ever is "educated uncertainty" because then we remain open to any and all possibilities. As I'm fond of reminding people, there is a reason the C's said, "Learn to think in unlimited terms."

Also, one of my thought was what's the point of living in a destroyed world? Like what's enjoyable about that?

Maybe it has to be meaningful, helping those in a need and building a benevolent community, but also this does not hold a good record through the eyes of history because most tend to end on other side by fear, manipulation, choice, etc...so those in minority never have a good time, there is no point, only if it is maybe more a question of sacrifice to help, love of close ones and personal growth, then there is no choice either. I have a respnsibility to my mother, sister and her two children however our relations are strained to defend them as long and as best I can.

Last edited:
I hate to sound like the I Ching or something, but it's 200% true that if you follow that part of yourself that is small, you will get small results. If you follow that part of yourself that is big, correct, principled, and more concerned with the greater good in the longrun instead of your own petty day-to-day concerns and wants and desires, then everything opens up to you.

That's more like the true meaning of faith: It's not that you put your hopes in some God up there who's gonna save you just because, or even some "hero" down here who will do the same for you. Instead, you work to become the person that will be capable of saving himself and others. You work to help and "save" others, and thereby save yourself - but not in any hard physical 3d way.

That "faith" is the polar opposite of our iPhone selfie me-me-me world, where all we can think about is how I will survive, what about MY oh-so-important presence in the world, how can I survive, I don't want to suffer...

It's wise to prepare for possible futures, but it's even wiser to never need those preparations because you have done and continue to do the hard work of purging yourself of all that is small and petty as you closely and regularly observe reality and adjust your course.

None of that means that you will never die, or never go hungry, or never suffer in any other way. It just means that you will be able to choose your suffering to some extent, and that in the end it won't matter anyway because you will be able to say that you did all that you could to contribute to something better then yourself.

I agree with what you wrote, words of wisdom pointing what really matters, many people concentrate on surviving but it has no point when you re on the inside dead and dieying, choosing dust over gold. Thanks.

That's vague and nebulous and it may seem like it's not going to feed you, but somehow it does.
Like a seed of something 'new', you remember you have some other option to BE.

If you pay in advance, there is a big chance that you can choose how to pay.

Gold is at multiyear highs in US dollars and all time highs in many other currencies. It looks like it will keep going up right now.

Gold is at multiyear highs in US dollars and all time highs in many other currencies. It looks like it will keep going up right now.

Time and again when gold spikes the gold bugs like to predict things like: "From now on the only way is up", though
from 1 Nov ($ 1,514) till 14 Nov ($ 1,465) the metal almost lost 50 dollars in a fortnight.
That's not much really but I think we'll have to leave wishful thinking out of the equation.

Even gurus of the precious metals scene went out on a limb predicting objectives between 5,000 and 10,000 dollars for an ounce in the years ahead, but they are unable to determine what a dollar might be worth at that point in time...

Do you have a link, Ursus Minor? Thanks.

I'm sorry mariama for reacting rather belatedly.

There is this link to the EU Parliament directive which takes a lot reading, so I'm posting some excerpts from it:

DIRECTIVE (EU) 2018/843 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 30 May 2018

amending Directive (EU) 2015/849 on the prevention of the use of the financial system for the purposes of money laundering or terrorist financing, and amending Directives 2009/138/EC and 2013/36/EU

(1) Directive (EU) 2015/849 of the European Parliament and of the Council constitutes the main legal instrument in the prevention of the use of the Union financial system for the purposes of money laundering and terrorist financing.
That Directive, which had a transposition deadline of 26 June 2017, sets out an efficient and comprehensive legal framework for addressing the collection of money or property for terrorist purposes by requiring Member States to identify, understand and mitigate the risks related to money laundering and terrorist financing.

(2) Recent terrorist attacks have brought to light emerging new trends, in particular regarding the way terrorist groups finance and conduct their operations. Certain modern technology services are becoming increasingly popular as alternative financial systems, whereas they remain outside the scope of Union law or benefit from exemptions from legal requirements, which might no longer be justified. In order to keep pace with evolving trends, further measures should be taken to ensure the increased transparency of financial transactions, of corporate and other legal entities, as well as of trusts and legal arrangements having a structure or functions similar to trusts (‘similar legal arrangements’), with a view to improving the existing preventive framework and to more effectively countering terrorist financing.
It is important to note that the measures taken should be proportionate to the risks.

So acts of (mainly) state-sponsored terrorism (problem) demand transparency of financial transactions (reaction) and coincidentally 99% of the population (who don't have criminal intentions) are covered as well (solution).

(53) Given the need to urgently implement measures adopted with a view to strengthen the Union’s regime set in place for the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism, and seeing the commitments undertaken by Member States to quickly proceed with the transposition of Directive (EU) 2015/849, the amendments to Directive (EU) 2015/849 should be transposed by 10 January 2020. Member States should set up beneficial ownership registers for corporate and other legal entities by 10 January 2020 and for trusts and similar legal arrangements by 10 March 2020. Central registers should be interconnected via the European Central Platform by 10 March 2021. Member States should set up centralised automated mechanisms allowing the identification of holders of bank and payment accounts and safe-deposit boxes by 10 September 2020.

"Urgently implementing measures (..) to strengthen the Union’s regime.." (maybe against the people?)

Article 4

Transposition

1. Member States shall bring into force the laws, regulations and administrative provisions necessary to comply with this Directive by 10 January 2020.
They shall immediately communicate the text of those provisions to the Commission.

When Member States adopt those measures, they shall contain a reference to this Directive or be accompanied by such a reference on the occasion of their official publication.

2. Member States shall communicate to the Commission the text of the main provisions of national law which they adopt in the field covered by this Directive.

Done at Strasbourg, 30 May 2018.

I couldn't actually find anything about a 2,000 euro threshold in the paper, but the German parliament is currently deciding on a reduction of the 15,000 € threshold down to 2,000 euros.

Time and again when gold spikes the gold bugs like to predict things like: "From now on the only way is up", though
from 1 Nov ($ 1,514) till 14 Nov ($ 1,465) the metal almost lost 50 dollars in a fortnight.
That's not much really but I think we'll have to leave wishful thinking out of the equation.

Even gurus of the precious metals scene went out on a limb predicting objectives between 5,000 and 10,000 dollars for an ounce in the years ahead, but they are unable to determine what a dollar might be worth at that point in time...

Yeah, that's the problem. Gold may go up, but if the economic system switches from being dominated by the USD to being dominated by multipolar BRICS-y things (or whatever), then we might see Gold at 3000 Euro, but $10 million due to hyperinflation. Or vice versa! It's impossible to know.

What we DO know is that regardless of what anyone claims or predicts for gold, there IS a shift going on in the economic realm - just as there is an ongoing shift in global military power and authority. All kinds of things are happening, like the SWIFT alternative, pricing oil in any currency except USD, etc.

When I see the Alternative Global Economy Players hoarding gold while slowly working towards dethroning the US dollar, well, they obviously have a plan. At the same time, countries like China aren't just stocking up on gold. They're also making huge moves all over the world in terms of buying and financing various international projects and efforts. And they're very, very quickly introducing complete home-grown replacements for American high-tech components, products, and services.

So, no matter what happens with spot prices in Currency X, it still seems like a wise move to me to own some physical gold. You just have to only half-listen to both the gold bears and the gold bulls, because probably they're both wrong.

Also, I keep hearing rumors of various gold-backed cryptocurrencies that are just over the horizon. I have no idea how that would work, IF it would work, or how it would work, but they're interesting rumors nonetheless.

We'll see, I guess!

I couldn't actually find anything about a 2,000 euro threshold in the paper, but the German parliament is currently deciding on a reduction of the 15,000 € threshold down to 2,000 euros.

There are some more facts coming to light concerning this EU directive mentioned earlier.

The 2,000 € threshold I have referred to appears to be a solo effort by the German government.

According to goldreporter.de

in Ireland the threshold has been lowered to € 10,000
(§ 25 Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing)

in the UK it remains at ~ € 10,000 for „high value dealers“

in the Netherlands the threshold is € 10,000 (cash only)
(Art. 1a, "Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financieren van terrorisme")

in Austria at € 10,000 (cash only)

The reason for German authorities to surge ahead with these regulations is that ever since the Lehman experience Germans have been privately stocking gold...

gold.org/goldhub wrote

In 2016, €6.8bn was ploughed into German gold investment

Germany’s gold investment market has boomed in the past 10 years. In the face of successive financial crises and loose monetary policy, German investors turned to gold to protect their wealth. In response, new product providers entered the market making it easier for people to invest. Last year, more than €6bn was ploughed into gold investment products in Germany and, encouragingly, there is room for further growth: consumer research indicates there is latent retail demand which the industry can tap into.

gold.PNG

The German political class must be rubbing their hands at the chance of identifying and fleecing private gold owners in the country. Anyone who has bought precious metals via online dealers can of course be tracked down.

The new measures practically present a prohibition to buy gold anonymously.

Some important risk-on indicators are flipping positive now. Not to be too confident but it looks like we might be in for an insane stock market pump before the comets hit or whatever else happens.

Nasdaq up 25% since the June trade war lows. Still nobody wants to buy it, so it probably keeps going. Really it seems not a single soul will believe it or buy it. Everyone's waiting for the next crash, for the recession, whatever. That's not the sentiment we see at market tops.

Gold has stalled out at after hitting its 1545 resistance so far. Unless/until it proves itself and makes moves up, it is right now at serious risk of giving back all Q3 gains if the bullish stock environment continues.

Anyone thinking of buying gold or silver now ? I already bought silver coins 5 years ago, and I'm wondering if it's wise or not to re-invest now in silver or just buy food (frozen grassfed beef in bulk, for example), or something else.

Ths C's said gold or silver cannot be eaten, but at the same time, they also said that gold is a good asset. So, of course if you have a lot of money it's different, because you can buy food, precious metals, and anything else necessary. But in terms of priorities, what would be the best now ?

26 April 2014 said:
(KJN) What is the status of the money system in the United States? If you have money in the bank, can you leave it there, or should we be doing something more proactive?

A: If you store it with the fox, you will lose it at some point rather soon.

Q: (Odyssey) On the money issue, would it be a good idea to invest in silver or gold?

A: Partly, but what about "needful things"?

Q: (KJN) So we should spend it on things we need now, versus spending it on gold or putting in a bank or that kind of thing?

A: Mostly. Money will soon be worthless, ownership will survive awhile longer.

960221 said:
(S) I only have about 8K
left, but I believe that I should just do the best with what I
have... maybe I won't have tons of money coming in, but a
little here and a little there...
A: Okay, here comes one last financial suggestion: take one
half of your remaining capital and buy gold.
Q: (S) Gold or gold options?
A: Up to you.
Q: (L) So, you are saying that now the whole deal has
changed?
A: Well of course, the situation has changed due to change in
circumstances brought about by SV's choices.
Q: (L) Would it be advisable for her to get the cash out of
her credit line for investment?
A: We advised on this. It is up to her.
9 jan 2005 said:
Q: Is the US economy likely to collapse this year?

A: Wait and see.

Q: Is investing in physical gold still a good idea?

A: Yes.

Anyone thinking of buying gold or silver now ? I already bought silver coins 5 years ago, and I'm wondering if it's wise or not to re-invest now in silver or just buy food (frozen grassfed beef in bulk, for example), or something else.
I think it's first important to make sure that you have food (canned, frozen) and other basic supplies that would last (at least) for few months, and if there's still savings, I would buy gold/silver. Maybe having some cash that can quickly be used for food, gasoline or some other commodity if things would escalate more. IMO not good idea to have all your money in the bank right now.

I think Seppo Ilmarinen's answer is well thought out. Although I haven't checked all the websites/dealers in the precious metals community, some people I follow online are reporting that there is very little physical gold and silver available to be bought at this time in the US. If that is the case, then anything ordered now would likely to be a back order and filled when they got the coins and whatnot in. So at this point in time there is no guarantee that you would get the metal in hand if you put in an order.

Has anyone heard of or tried Gold Money.com? It's rather like having a bank account with real gold or silver or precious metals backing it. For that reason it's a convenient way to save or use gold.

I've only begun to look into this, but it seems to be well thought of:

Back
Top Bottom