Greta Thunberg: False Prophet of the Children's Crusade

"Cataclysms mirror human experiential cycle." Essentially my neighborhood.

Monday morning impact-like sound heard near Radnor Lake, need help confirming
I am the director at Dyer Observatory and trying to determine if it was an impact of a meteoroid. Monday morning, 10-07-2019, I observed a flash in my office at approx 7:07 AM and heard something that sounded like a large impact in the direction of Radnor Lake a second or two later. Chances are very slim that it was a meteoroid, but I've heard several lightning strikes in close proximity and have also heard transformers blow. I am certain it was neither of those. I can only describe it as the sound of a large impact. Please contact me at Dyer if you heard something similar at that time. 615-373-4897. Thank you. Rocky Alvey

Here is a good article about who is financing all this "Climate Change" stuff. Very interesting. In fact is flabbergasted the implications of this subject.

Climate and the Money Trail

Excellent article - Great find, Loreta! :perfect:

The Real Agenda is Economic

The links between the world’s largest financial groups, central banks and global corporations to the current push for a radical climate strategy
to abandon the fossil fuel economy in favor of a vague, unexplained Green economy, it seems, is less about genuine concern to make our planet a clean and healthy environment to live. Rather it is an agenda, intimately tied to the UN Agenda 2030 for “sustainable” economy, and to developing literally trillions of dollars in new wealth for the global banks and financial giants who constitute the real powers that be.

Back in 2010 the head of Working Group 3 of the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Dr Otmar Edenhofer, told an interviewer, “…one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy.

Could it be, the "Extinction Rebellion" reference - has more to do with the "elites fears" of never having enough (least they become a dying breed - extinct) and their rebellion against "the useless eaters" is a Ponzi scheme called UN Agenda 2030, to systematically gather all the wealth around the Globe - into their own hands?

Monday morning impact-like sound heard near Radnor Lake, need help confirming
I am the director at Dyer Observatory and trying to determine if it was an impact of a meteoroid. Monday morning, 10-07-2019, I observed a flash in my office at approx 7:07 AM and heard something that sounded like a large impact in the direction of Radnor Lake a second or two later. Chances are very slim that it was a meteoroid, but I've heard several lightning strikes in close proximity and have also heard transformers blow. I am certain it was neither of those. I can only describe it as the sound of a large impact. Please contact me at Dyer if you heard something similar at that time. 615-373-4897. Thank you. Rocky Alvey

Genero81, are you referring to Radnor Lake in Tennessee? If so, there's a strong possibility it was a meteor fragment that made impact?
In 2019, the Draconids will peak on the night between Oct 8–9. The director from the Observatory observed the sound and flash - early Monday morning (7:07 AM) on Oct. 10th.

Look Up to See the Draconids Light Up the Night Skies

The Draconid meteor shower, also sometimes known as the Giacobinids, is one of the two meteor showers to annually grace the skies in the month of October.

The Orionids is the second meteor shower in October. It usually peaks around October 21.

Meteor Shower Calendar
Southern Taurids Currently active ... Active from September 10th to November 20th, 2019
The Southern Taurids are a long-lasting shower that reaches a barely noticeable maximum on October 9 or 10. The shower is active for more than two months but rarely produces more than five shower members per hour, even at maximum activity. The Taurids (both branches) are rich in fireballs and are often responsible for increased number of fireball reports from September through November.

Shower details - Radiant: 02:08 +8.7° - ZHR: 5 - Velocity: 17 miles/sec (slow - 28km/sec) - Parent Object: 2P/Encke

Next Peak - The Southern Taurids will next peak on the Oct 9-10, 2019 night. On this night, the moon will be 87% full.

Orionids Currently active ... Active from October 2nd to November 7th, 2019
The Orionids are a medium strength shower that sometimes reaches high strength activity. In a normal year the Orionids produce 10-20 shower members at maximum. In exceptional years, such as 2006-2009, the peak rates were on par with the Perseids (50-75 per hour). Recent displays have produced low to average displays of this shower.

Shower details - Radiant: 06:20 +15.5° - ZHR: 20 - Velocity: 41 miles/sec (swift - 67km/sec) - Parent Object: 1P/Halley

Next Peak - The Orionids will next peak on the Oct 21-22, 2019 night. On this night, the moon will be 45% full.

Genero81, are you referring to Radnor Lake in Tennessee? If so, there's a strong possibility it was a meteor fragment that made impact?
In 2019, the Draconids will peak on the night between Oct 8–9. The director from the Observatory observed the sound and flash - early Monday morning (7:07 AM) on Oct. 10th.

That's correct but Monday was October 7th

That's correct but Monday was October 7th

Thanks for the correction, Genero81 :-)

Even with the October 7th date, it's still possible, in theory because "the approximate peak time" has been estimated as being between Oct. 8-9? Monday, the 7th was the build up to the peak?

Dutch police detain 130 Extinction Rebellion protesters
Dutch police on Saturday said they had detained 130 protesters with environmental group Extinction Rebellion who blocked locations in downtown Amsterdam to draw attention to climate change.

In Amsterdam, demonstrators brought a boat decorated with climate change slogans to the famous “Blauwbrug” bridge in front of City Hall.

Police said in a statement they had decided to make arrests because the demonstration had not been approved and activists were blocking traffic.

The total number of arrests in the Netherlands has surpassed 200 this week.

The Extinction Rebellion protests are aimed at forcing governments to cut carbon emissions and avert a climate crisis it says will bring starvation and social collapse.

Back in 2010 the head of Working Group 3 of the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Dr Otmar Edenhofer, told an interviewer, “…one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy.

The perfection of this quote intrigued me and a quick look at Edenhofer's stance on climate change made it look implausible. The original seems to come from an interview in German. Reading the DeepL translation what I gather is that he is acknowledging redistribution of wealth as a necessary consequence of climate policy to reduce emissions but is not affirming that it is the purpose of climate policy.

NZZ am Sonntag: Mr Edenhofer, everyone is calling for a reduction in emissions when it comes to climate protection. You are now talking about "dangerous emission reductions". What is that?

Ottmar Edenhofer: So far, economic growth has always gone hand in hand with the growth of greenhouse gas emissions. One percent growth means one percent more emissions. It has burned itself into the historical memory of mankind: Those who are rich burn coal, oil or gas. And that is why emerging countries are afraid of emission limits.

NZZ: But everyone should take part in climate protection, otherwise it won't work.

Edenhofer: That's easy to say. But the industrialized countries in particular have a system that is based almost exclusively on fossil fuels. There is no historical model and no world region that has decoupled its economic growth from its emissions. You can't expect India or China to think it's a great idea. And it gets even worse: We are in the middle of a renaissance of coal, because oil and gas have become more expensive, but coal has not. The emerging countries are building their cities and power plants for the next 70 years as if there were no high CO 2 price in the long term.

NZZ: What is new about your proposal for a global deal is the emphasis on how important development policy is for climate policy. Until now, many people have been thinking of charity when it comes to development aid.

Edenhofer: This will change immediately when emission rights are distributed globally. If that happens per capita, then Africa will be the big winner, and a lot of money will go there. This has enormous consequences for development policy. And it will also raise the question of how these countries can use so much money sensibly.

NZZ: All this no longer sounds like the climate policy we know.

Edenhofer: Basically, it is a big mistake to discuss climate policy separately from the big issues of globalisation. The climate summit in Cancún at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the largest economic conferences since the Second World War. Why? Because we still have 11,000 gigatons of carbon in the coal reserves under our feet - and we are only allowed to deposit 400 gigatons in the atmosphere if we want to meet the 2°C target. 11,000 to 400 - there is no way around the fact that a large part of the fossil reserves must remain in the ground.

NZZ: De facto this is an expropriation of the countries with the mineral resources. This leads to a completely different development than the one that has so far been initiated by development policy.

Edenhofer: First of all, we industrialised countries have quasi expropriated the atmosphere of the world community. But we must make it clear that climate policy is de facto redistributing world wealth. It is obvious that the owners of coal and oil are not enthusiastic about it. We must free ourselves from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy, with problems such as dying forests or a hole in the ozone layer.

NZZ: Nevertheless, the environment is suffering from climate change - especially in the South.

Edenhofer: There will also be a lot to do in terms of adaptation. But this goes far beyond traditional development policy: we will see a decline in agricultural yields in Africa as a result of climate change. But this can be dealt with if the efficiency of production is increased - and above all if African agricultural trade is embedded in the world economy. But then we have to see that successful climate policy needs a different global trade and financial policy.

NZZ: The great misunderstanding of the UN summit in Rio in 1992 is repeated in climate policy: the industrialized countries talk about the environment, the developing countries about development.

Edenhofer: It is even more complicated. In the 1980s, our local environmental problems were a luxury problem for the developing countries. Anyone who is already full and drives a car can get upset about acid rain. For China, on the other hand, the issue was how to get 600 million Chinese into the middle class. Whether there is a coal-fired power station or the social standards in the coal mines are low, that was of secondary importance for the time being - as it was for us in the 19th century.

NZZ: But the world has become smaller.

Edenhofer: Now something new is coming: it's no longer just about our luxury, our environment. It is becoming clear to the developing countries that the causes lie in the North and the consequences in the South. And in the industrialized countries it becomes clear to us that for a climate protection target of two degrees neither purely technical solutions nor lifestyle changes are sufficient. People here in Europe have the grotesque idea that shopping in organic shops or electric cars solve the problem. That's arrogant, because the ecological footprint of our lifestyle has increased over the last 30 years, despite the eco-movement.

NZZ: They say that successful climate policy requires a high degree of international cooperation. But you don't see them.

Edenhofer: I share the scepticism. But do we have an alternative? There are currently three ideas on how to circumvent this difficult cooperation: You focus on uncertain experiments like geoengineering, you concentrate on the development of clean and secure energy, or you rely on regional and local solutions. However, there is no indication that any of these ideas will solve the problem. So we have to want cooperation, just as we have to work together to regulate the financial markets.

NZZ: But unlike the financial crisis, a country has advantages in climate policy if it does not participate.

Edenhofer: The financial crisis was an emergency operation - we are more cooperative in the face of danger. There will be no such thing with the climate, because it always remains questionable whether a concrete event such as a flood is a climate phenomenon. But there is always the danger that individual rationality leads to collective stupidity. That is why the climate problem cannot be solved alone, but must be networked with other problems. There must be penalties and incentives: global CO 2 tariffs and technology transfer.

NZZ: Your new book talks a lot about ethics. Does it play a role in the climate negotiations?

Edenhofer: Ethics always plays a role when it comes to power. China and Latin America, for example, always emphasize the historical responsibility of the industrialized countries for climate change. This responsibility cannot be denied, but it is also a strategic argument of the countries. I would accept a responsibility for the time since 1995, because since then we have known what causes the greenhouse effect. Extending the responsibility to the industrial revolution is not ethically justified.

NZZ: Can ethics be used to end the deadlock?

Edenhofer: The book contains a parable: "A group of hikers, the world community, is on its way in the desert. The industrialized countries drink half of the water and then generously say: "Now we share the rest". Then the others say: "This is not possible, you have already emptied half of the water. Let's talk about your historical responsibility." We mean: If we only argue about the water supply because we cannot agree on the ethical principles, we will die of thirst. What we have to look for is an oasis, that is the carbon-free world economy. It is a matter of making a joint departure for this oasis.

The perfection of this quote intrigued me and a quick look at Edenhofer's stance on climate change made it look implausible. The original seems to come from an interview in German. Reading the DeepL translation what I gather is that he is acknowledging redistribution of wealth as a necessary consequence of climate policy to reduce emissions but is not affirming that it is the purpose of climate policy.

Yes, what he seems to mean is that climate policy is done in the context of economics, specifically foreign aid to developing countries and the tension between the West and the emerging markets when it comes to CO2 saving goals. His various statements are often quite contradictory, while some actually make sense, but the above quote that makes the rounds on the internet is clearly misleading. It's out of context. But of course, there is an underlying truth, in that the climate scare is used to justify all kinds of policies, including economic policies. And of course politicians and UN bureaucrats constantly try to snatch more budget and power, and the climate scare is the ideal vehicle for that. But I personally would be careful with statements such as "the UN is a conspiracy to enslave us all with communism" or to "redistribute our wealth". It's not that simple.

This is picking up speed with every passing day and not surprising with the years of planning that has gone into it. Can I ask a question at this point which has been festering for a few months now.?

How do I balance the free will of everyone against the persistent urge to split all parties into them and us.? I'm sorry if everyone here has overcome this problem but it keeps reappearing just when I think I've got a handle on it.

Rather it is an agenda, intimately tied to the UN Agenda 2030 for “sustainable” economy, and to developing literally trillions of dollars in new wealth for the global banks and financial giants who constitute the real powers that be.

Yes, Agenda 2030 is the evolved name of Agenda 21 and there is actually a name beyond the 2030 one, but I forget what it is. I came across it when I was gathering information about smart meters - a real wakeup call as I could clearly see the process at work in my local community in which smart meters were being deployed per opt out rather than the former opt in. My city has their own electric utility but are clearly connected to the actual PTB as I was able to see in my research - scary and disheartening. My city is a suburb of the capital city, Columbus - a designated Smart City. Appalachian Electric Power serves most of Ohio and they are on track to deploy SMs throughout the state.

Speaking of the UN, a pertinent development:
U.N. Warns Of Budget Crisis If Nations Don't Pay $1.3 Billion In Dues They Owe
October 10, 2019

The United Nations Secretary-General warned this week that the organization is facing a "cash crisis" if member states do not pay the annual dues they owe: $1.3 billion in payments are outstanding.

"This month, we will reach the deepest deficit of the decade," António Guterres told the General Assembly on Tuesday. "We risk exhausting the closed peacekeeping cash reserves, and entering November without enough cash to cover payrolls."

As of the end of September, member states had paid just 70% of what they owe for the regular budget for the 2019 fiscal year. At the same time last year, that figure was 78%.

By Tuesday, 64 states had yet to pay their assessments in full – among them the United States, the U.N.'s largest contributor. The U.S. owes $674 million for 2019, and $381 million from previous budgets, a spokesman for the Secretary-General confirmed to NPR.

The U.S. generally makes its dues payments in October, and an official from the U.S. mission told NPR that it will pay "the vast majority of what we owe to the regular budget this fall."

On Monday, the U.N. is set impose new measures to account for the budget shortfall. The organization won't fill vacant posts, some meetings will be canceled or postponed, and travel will be limited to the most essential activities. The U.N. will struggle to pay its employees.

What does this mean for world diplomacy?

Let's say the U.N. Security Council were to hold an emergency meeting next week to discuss the Turkish invasion of Syria. That meeting could stretch into the evening, but after 6 p.m., the diplomats will have to continue their work without the aid of interpreters. There isn't currently the funding to pay overtime for such support staff.

President Trump tweeted about the U.N.'s budget deficit on Wednesday: "So make all Member Countries pay, not just the United States!"

The U.N. had already posted an "honour roll" of the 130 member states that have paid their dues in full this year.

Samantha Power, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. during the Obama administration, replied to Trump's tweet: "Other countries in fact pay 78% of @UN budget. They also provide nearly 100 percent of the 100,000 soldiers & police who help stabilize dangerous places like Mali & Lebanon where the US has important national security interests."

NPR Choice page
Recent articles are giving the impression that 'greenish' alternative energy capabilities are already at hand:

US Navy files patent for compact fusion reactor

Does Russia have the solution to Greta Thunberg? -- Sott.net
From the above:
When it comes to producing energy (a key cause of pollution/carbon emissions) nuclear power is king and that king's throne is in Russia. Nuclear power's Energy Return on Energy Invested ratio is by far the best of anything we have on offer today. Not only does it produce a massive amount of electricity from fuel materials but it does so cleanly. If we all must go out and buy trendy electric cars, wouldn't it help to have the means of making that electricity be cheap and clean? Burning coal defeats the purpose of having an electric car and things like ethanol and solar are a joke especially when we look at a new development in nuclear energy coming from Russia.

Rosatom has been developing a means to possibly eliminate toxic waste entirely by moving (recycling) nuclear material between different types of reactors in what they call a Dual-Component Nuclear Power System. Essentially the uranium gets used by one reactor, then after usage can be put into a second reactor, then put back into the first again to repeat the process.

Now, I have to admit I was nonplussed when I read this! Nuclear power the answer to energy pollution?!!! :nuts: Well, I guess if it's the answer, then it is. But then, who knows what the secret Breakaway Civilization is using for enegy - plus all those patents from ordinary inventors that were filed away under National Security. We probably could have had clean energy decades ago if we lived in a nonSTS world.

OK - this made me laugh:

iur

This is picking up speed with every passing day and not surprising with the years of planning that has gone into it. Can I ask a question at this point which has been festering for a few months now.?

How do I balance the free will of everyone against the persistent urge to split all parties into them and us.? I'm sorry if everyone here has overcome this problem but it keeps reappearing just when I think I've got a handle on it.
If I have understood your question correctly then short answer is to practice complete detachment and non-identification to everyone’s cause and be a mere observer of people’s behaviours and actions. This is external consideration in most simplified form.
We are here in this world right now and seeing the “terror of the situation” play out on a daily basis.
The terror of the situation, in Gurdjieff’s phrase, is that we’re consigned to a world run, for the most part, by sleeping people; people who are never awake at all. They walk, they talk, they make “decisions”–they react, mechanically, to stimuli. They are driven by odd little constructions formed around vanity and fear. They’re often nearly psychotic–yet they can rise to positions of great power and influence. (Perhaps the media fascination with zombies is some unconscious apprehension of the danger represented by mindless, sleepwalking humanity.) All of us are subject to a tendency to slip into a comforting trance, the walking sleep of daily life.
I can personally attest that observing objectively and not being emotionally impacted is not easily achievable. I have felt a new deeper level of melancholy in the past few days just watching and reading the recent developments. But, we must all carry on living, observing and learning. You never know what else is in store which is yet to come out.

Greta appears to be not the first child on this crusade. Here is the speech of Severn Cullis-Suzuki on the Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit (1992):

Thanks for sharing this @Altair.

Curious: were child crusades present before previous cyclical cataclysmic?

So many people praise the UN. My hair stands on edge when I hear UN praise and environmental change, global warming, sustainability, green/energy saving in the same phrase.

Well, fester no more, Tuatha de Danaan! (Just kidding :-D)

How do I balance the free will of everyone against the persistent urge to split all parties into them and us.?

I might be perceiving this wrong, but I sense this question is hypothetical in context? To answer the question, as is, theoretically - no, you do not balance "the Free Will" of everyone.

Why? It's my belief, Free Will is an individualized concept of moral responsibility and self determined actions. You are only responsible for yourself and accountable (good or bad) for what you say or do. To interfere with someone else's Free Will is an abbreviation and a form of manipulation. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, decision making and what actions/inactions they proceed with, in any given situation.

Of course, "If the Devil made you do it" - that's a whole different concept? :evil:

Thanks for sharing this @Altair.

Curious: were child crusades present before previous cyclical cataclysmic?

So many people praise the UN. My hair stands on edge when I hear UN praise and environmental change, global warming, sustainability, green/energy saving in the same phrase.

Added: Child crusades on the same issue: save the planet. They saw signs the gods were angry and had child crusades. More specifically, how far back do they date and are there any reading recommendations on the topic?

I'm reading the article now so may find the answers there.

I'm not sure what the right thread is for that, but today I was out in the woods in the morning, and I saw a big, white fireball descending at a relatively low angle (at 6:50 AM), producing a "wooosh" sound! I really expected a big impact boom after the fireball disappeared from my view, that's how it felt - but no impact sound. It really looked very close, but it's hard to say because I had never seen a fireball before. It was pretty bright and white, and there were also little dots or dashes around it, as far as I can tell. I checked with some databases, and it was apparently seen by 3 other people, one from Cologne, one near Fulda, and one near Konstanz (this one only seeing a tail, due to distance?), which would put me pretty much in the middle. Wow, seeing something like that brings home the "fire in the sky" happening pretty dramatically!

Back
Top Bottom