Greta Thunberg: False Prophet of the Children's Crusade

In The politics of climate change: Green New Deal and other madness I posted a book description from Amazon.com: Green Tyranny: Exposing the Totalitarian Roots of the Climate Industrial Complex (9781594039355): Rupert Darwall: Books that includes:
Climate change was political long before Al Gore first started talking about it. In the 1970s, the Swedish Social Democrats used global warming to get political support for building a string of nuclear power stations. It was the second phase of their war on coal, which began with the acid rain scare and the first big UN environment conference in Stockholm in 1969.
And Greta shows up 50 years later! I don't know what the author explains about the problem with acid rain, but what I read was that lakes in Sweden have low levels of calcium to counter acidification of rain water due to the emission of sulphur and compounds of nitrogen and oxygen which then reacted with water to form sulphuric acid and nitric acids. When the level of acidity increased the wildlife suffered.

Rupert Darwall didn´t say anything really new, but even so I do appreciate his concise explanations in the video above around all the climat, energetic and political traps big corporations et al are laying down for us to ensure their dominion/wealth over us.

He has also a good point explaining how easy it is cowing people into silence, which he says makes the topic of the chapter 'The spiral of silence' of his latest book "Great Tyranny". Making a brief recap, he says: 'When people don´t hear arguments in the public square, they stop making these arguments themselves, and then stop knowing what they believe, and after a while they don´t even know what they believe. So you can just suppress debate and arguments, not by having an argument, but just making sure you don´t have an argument.' Yeah right, the misleading tactic big brothers are using when they apparently show much concern in saving us from a dark future is THE big red flag flapping in the overheated air. ;-)

This is expert trolling on a whole different level :lol: - dude wrote a software to help climate alarmists cherry-pick starting points for their alarmist graphs. Worth watching and absolutely stunning how low and totally obvious these fraudsters go and how easily politicians are fooled. I didn't know their fraud was this dumb!

When the Circus and clowns come to town ...

British police order a halt to climate change protests in London
FILE PHOTO: Climate change activists attend an Extinction Rebellion demonstration in London, Britain, October 12, 2019. REUTERS/Henry Nicholls
FILE PHOTO: Climate change activists attend an Extinction Rebellion demonstration in London, Britain, October 12, 2019. REUTERS/Henry Nicholls

British police have ordered a halt to Extinction Rebellion protests in London after a week of civil disobedience by climate change activists who have targeted government building and major financial institutions.

“Any assembly linked to the Extinction Rebellion ‘Autumn Uprising’... must now cease their protest(s) within London,” the police said in a statement late on Monday.

Police said 1,445 people had been arrested in the protests so far.

Extinction Rebellion uses civil disobedience to highlight the risks posed by climate change and the accelerating loss of plant and animal species.

Climate change activists protest against British high-speed train line
Co-founder of the Extinction Rebellion group, Gail Bradbrook, sits atop the doorway into the Department of Transport, during an Extinction Rebellion protest in London, Britain, October 15, 2019. REUTERS/Henry Nicholls
Co-founder of the Extinction Rebellion group, Gail Bradbrook, sits atop the doorway into the Department of Transport, during an Extinction Rebellion protest in London, Britain, October 15, 2019. REUTERS/Henry Nicholls

Climate change activists, including one of the founders of Extinction Rebellion, targeted Britain's transport ministry in central London on Tuesday to protest against a proposed high-speed rail project known as HS2.

Gail Bradbrook, one of the founders of the group, climbed onto the top of the entrance of the transport ministry and put up a sign reading “HS2 is our climate emergency” above the revolving doors.

Bradbrook, invoking the example women’s suffrage activist Emmeline Pankhurst, then tried to smash one of the ministry’s windows with a hammer and screwdriver. She was later brought down by a police climber.

“Rebels have glued themselves to the building and co-founder, Gail Bradbrook has climbed on top of roof at entrance in civil disobedience due to our government complicit inaction on the climate and ecological emergency we are facing,” Extinction Rebellion said.

The group said High Speed 2 project (HS2), aimed at improving links from London to central and northern England but which is billions of pounds over budget and running late, would damage or destroy 108 ancient woodlands.

The project aims to slash journey times between the capital and Birmingham, which supporters say would give Britain the kind of fast rail services enjoyed by other major countries.

An independent review is considering whether it should go ahead given that it would cost around 88 billion pounds ($111.5 billion) under current estimates.

Climate change activists target BlackRock in London
Science broadcaster Emily Grossman is led away by police during an Extinction Rebellion protest to highlight the role of banks in financing fossil fuel projects undermining the 2015 Paris Agreement to curb climate change, in London, Britain, October 14, 2019, in this image obtained via social media. Kimwei McCarthy via REUTERS ATTENTION EDITORS - THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN SUPPLIED BY A THIRD PARTY. MANDATORY CREDIT. NO RESALES. NO ARCHIVES.
Science broadcaster Emily Grossman is led away by police during an Extinction Rebellion protest to highlight the role of banks in financing fossil fuel projects undermining the 2015 Paris Agreement to curb climate change, in London, Britain, October 14, 2019, in this image obtained via social media. Kimwei McCarthy via REUTERS ATTENTION EDITORS - THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN SUPPLIED BY A THIRD PARTY. MANDATORY CREDIT. NO RESALES. NO ARCHIVES.

Climate activists targeted BlackRock, the world's biggest asset manager, in London on Monday, demanding that major financial institutions starve fossil fuel companies of the money they need to build new mines, wells and pipelines.

Activists thronged the financial heart of London on Monday, unfurling banners, addressing passersby by megaphone or blocking streets around locations including BlackRock, the Bank of England, Bank of China and Barclays.

At BlackRock, volunteers glued themselves to the doors
while others staged a mock dinner party with rolled-up banknotes on their plates. Police said they arrested more than 90 people.

The arrestees included Rabbi Jeffrey Newman of the Finchley Reform Synagogue, who was arrested near the Bank of England praying, singing and wearing a prayer shawl for the first day of the Jewish festival Sukkot, Extinction Rebellion said.

“The City of London is a preeminent nexus of power in the global system that is killing our world,” said Carolina Rosa, spokesperson for Extinction Rebellion.

Police later ordered a halt to all assembly linked to Extinction Rebellion in London. At Trafalgar Square in the heart of the city, where demonstrators have pitched camp for the past week amid fountains at the base of Nelson’s Column, protesters began removing tents. Police made no immediate move to shut down another main protest camp in the district of Vauxhall.

“Officers have begun the process of clearing Trafalgar Square and getting things back to normal,” said Deputy Assistant Commissioner Laurence Taylor.

Slideshow (16 Images)
Climate change activists target BlackRock in London

[QUOTE = "Turgon, post: 820660, membre: 3443"]
Ce qui est également évident, c'est comment l'hystérie climatique joue dans ce programme. Tous les aspects de la consommation doivent être surveillés et contrôlés à cause du «changement climatique». Tout le monde doit être à bord ou autrement. Utiliser trop d'électricité? Nous allons simplement l'éteindre. Causer trop d'empreinte carbone? Nous vous punirons pour cela en augmentant vos impôts ou en vous coupant du réseau. En mangeant trop de viande, ils en prendront note également et veilleront à vous inciter à manger moins. Tout cela fait partie d'un collectif mondial pour sauver le monde.
[/CITATION]
Un séjour sans faille
Not to save the world !

Things are definitely getting weirder. I posted two articles on FB recently. One was Bernie Sanders saying population control was on the table to assist climate change and the other below from David Attenborough saying humans were an infection on th earth and we needed to be culled.
Humans are a plague on the earth - David Attenborough

What surprised me were the number of comments from people agreeing with him, and essentially supporting the downsizing of the population before we destroy the planet. I did note that none of them were volunteering to be the first in the process.

What worries me about this is that if these lunatics manage to build a groundswell of support, the gates will be opened for the psychopaths that rule us to start in on us with gay abandon. After all, psychopaths never need encouragement to inflict pain, suffering and death on a population.

There do seem to be a growing number of people who genuinely have gone insane

What worries me about this is that if these lunatics manage to build a groundswell of support, the gates will be opened for the psychopaths that rule us to start in on us with gay abandon. After all, psychopaths never need encouragement to inflict pain, suffering and death on a population.

There do seem to be a growing number of people who genuinely have gone insane

Indeed. Yesterday, I went by a notice board at a townhall and all posters from the different political parties were about their grand plans to fight climate change, including the conservative party. The one by the Social-Democrats read "In the future, those behaving climate-friendly will be rewarded." :scared:

The one by the Social-Democrats read "In the future, those behaving climate-friendly will be rewarded." :scared:

No kidding, and yet as Ehret said in this thread as the Chair of the BIS:

Bank of England head and Chair of the Bank of International Settlement’s Financial Stability Board (2011-2018) Mark Carney announced at this venue that climate disclosures must become comprehensive, climate risk management must be transformed and sustainable investing must go mainstream”. Carney then took on a more threatening tone by saying the firms that anticipate these developments will be rewarded handsomely. Those that don’t will cease to exist”.

Abject arrogance notwithstanding, in other words, if companies are friendly (re carbon net zero friendly), they are rewarded "handsomely" or they are finished, and the banks will make sure of it. That is a big hammer in which fancy carbon accounting responses will take care of as a green-washing phase for the public and then collect their rewards.

The global "investing" part has already started and the pension fund managers are leading the way. 🏇

Abject arrogance notwithstanding, in other words, if companies are friendly (re carbon net zero friendly), they are rewarded "handsomely" or they are finished, and the banks will make sure of it. That is a big hammer in which fancy carbon accounting responses will take care of as a green-washing phase for the public and then collect their rewards.

Oh Jesus. The banks are near the top of the foodchain and all businesses depend on them, so if they want to strangle those, they can :shock:

I have noticed as well that I get tons of Bloomberg ads on facebook lately that basically say "Panic! Assess climate risks! Only businesses aware of climate change will survive!" It's so silly, and every business betting on Global Warming will be doomed. The comments below those ads are gold though, people aren't buying it. Now wonder, then, that the banks want to use force!

I have witnessed this climate change nonsense for a long time. It seems to me most people (myself included) have kind of put it aside, thinking this is some weirdos pushing it, but it has nothing to do with people's lives really, so nevermind. Big mistake!

Indeed. Yesterday, I went by a notice board at a townhall and all posters from the different political parties were about their grand plans to fight climate change, including the conservative party. The one by the Social-Democrats read "In the future, those behaving climate-friendly will be rewarded." :scared:
The uniformity from left to right on the issue of climate change, the lack of any alternative position, of any genuine discussion was also evident in Southern Scandinavia, just north of Germany during the elections for the EU and the local parliament earlier in the year. The choice was between green, greener and greenest, with everyone wishing to present themselves as the greenest. We are told that we live in a western or liberal democracy. The above clearly points to it being managed; for that there are terms like illiberal democracy or guided democracy, and if one focuses more on the interest of green NGO's and green companies, there is also corporatocracy. Part of the totalitarian nature of the climate scare trend is hidden by the emphasis on the notion of living in a western democracy which is being promoted in part by pointing fingers at others, even within the EU, as well as overriding reason by appealing to the alleged reality and alleged urgency of climate change.

I have noticed as well that I get tons of Bloomberg ads on facebook lately that basically say "Panic! Assess climate risks! Only businesses aware of climate change will survive!"
Part of the reason may be that you have been searching, researching, writing and viewing material about climate change. As a result the algorithms inform the advertisers that work for the climate lobby that there is a market, and you end up getting more ads on this subject than the average viewer. One possibility you might try, if you get fed up, is spending a few minutes searching for a plane ticket, or something you can buy, and depending on your other settings you should get many more travel ads.

Being that this is a Greta thread, I see she is now in Calgary, Alberta (the corporate oil town of Western Canada):

Snip

City planners Ezra, Sarah, Jill, and Breanna were out on a Passion for Planning Day site tour and look who they bumped into!

View image on Twitter
Mixed reaction in Alberta Her visit drew a mixed reaction even before she got to the western province.

Alberta's environment minister has said Thunberg "doesn't understand" the province, and signalled the government wouldn't be laying out the welcome mat for the teen's upcoming visit.

Back
Top Bottom