Karmic and Simple Understandings.

Thanks for starting this thread SlipNet. I also feel like it's become clearer now, what the C's meant by karmic and simple understandings and it took quite a bit of pain and especially dealing with unacknowledged anger to make my thick-headed skull SEE a little clearer. I mainly seem to have used the forum as a way to escape from having to take full responsibility but it also helped to make me write and clarify and think about my life, and that was a lot of help, and of course, to be able to connect with others through the video sessions has also been a boon. My past is also littered with all kinds of silly and sometimes really evil transgressions against the soul and there's not much that I can say I'm proud of.

Funnily enough though, I don't actually wish any more for it to be any different that it was. I suppose that means that I can see past the regret for the stupid choices I made and thereby taking responsibility for my life?

I think one of the main lessons that I keep needing to learn is that "the students are not meant to be the architects of the school", I've been always keen on making my life as certain as possible, having backup plans in case one life path screws up. But I'm realizing that no matter how much you create plans and narratives and stuff in your head, you can't stare down the universe so to speak - it's way more wondrous and wider and all-encompassing that my mind with all it's physical encumbrances along with it can see at any moment.

When the C's say you can create your own universe and dwell within, I think they meant that we were supposed to be as informed about the truth of our existence as much as we are able to, thus creating in our minds a duplicate of what is outside of us, since our minds are limitless and equal to the mind of the cosmos, at least in potential.

I also found the insight about how we treat others being how others treat us to be very useful and important and it can get very nuanced, our interactions with other people I think. My interactions are becoming more meaningful and richer as my emotions awaken, and as I become more aware of and release my judgmental attitude.

Oh, my! This is another ‘karmic and simple understanding’ that I need to learn.

I have a tendency - once the issue and the direction to solve the issue is clear (or clearer) - to try to force it. I want to get there as fast as possible. In real life this is often not possible - things take time to develop.

So I guess the ’heading’ of that particular aspect of the lessons is - patience!
Not my forte ...

Absolutely, and even if we think we've got the clarity we are looking for about a situation, there's no guarantee that there will be another twist or turn put in front of us to complicate things further. I suppose it depends on how complex the situation is. I would say that faith goes well alongside the virtue of patience. I do remember discussing the topic of taking the "leap of faith" with you when we were into the reading on Darwinism and ID, Nickelbleu, and I don't know if you've read Paul's Necessary Sin yet, but there are some new insights on the topic of faith there which you may find interesting.

Thank you for starting this thread SlipNet. I was thinking about this topic after reading it. I too have had more than one school dream in the last six months, and others prior to that.

The last one I had was of primary school Maths lesson OSIT.

I have also dreamt of being in various parts of a university building with other members of the forum, such as libraries and lecture theatres.

Not sure how much value is in this post. It got me thinking and is an interesting topic, and perhaps pivotal and foundational for learning.

Sometimes I think I need to suffer before offering good info.

I have suffered a lot in my life, often needlessly. It's only when I decided to use my suffering and experiences for the benefit of others that I could find some direction and purpose, and with that less suffering. I think I used to love my suffering, it didn't get me anywhere, but perhaps it was just another lesson to get over myself and get on with it.

There is so much to be learnt from suffering, in the moment and in hindsight, especially when we extract meaningful lessons and take the time to reflect on it, like in a life review and see the many good things that are happening at the same time when we know how to look.

When things are a bit rough I remind myself that it will enable me to learn even more about myself and the world and that makes everything easier (I am not saying I can do this all the time!).

Thank you for the great thread, SlipNet. :flowers:

To me, "simple understanding" means the simple and correct conclusions about the 3D reality and living here.

The example: Networking (like here on the forum) tend to the growth of all the involved - and this is one of the lessons to learn, this is a simple truth to come to this by objective reasoning. And such little truths (little lessons, effects of simple thinking and understanding) create the Consciousness which is built by these little bits of truths, which are like bits of information.

This reminds me of the following post by Laura in another thread (bold emphasis is mine):

The Cs pointed out long ago that our most important lessons at this level are "simple karmic understandings", and I think that comes down to learning about and fixing our "machines" so that we can effectively and truly network with one another. And Networking, at its most basic level, means LOVE. But even before people can learn to love, they have to get a lot of other stuff out of the way. It's useless to try to force the machine to run beyond its capabilities as in the ways of the Monk, Yogi and Fakir. All that will do is crystallize a person on the wrong foundation. And Gurdjieff, while he was very astute and had many of the right ideas, didn't ultimately succeed with his experiments and I think that is due to certain blind spots he had as well as influences of the times and places where he developed. He is still a giant, in my mind, but I have learned first hand the limitations of his methods.

It stood out to me when I read it because I hadn't thought of 'karmic and simple understandings' in that way before, especially as it relates to networking but it made (and makes) so much sense.

One of my simple understandings is that we're not unified beings. That it takes hard work and sustained efforts to become that which we falsely attribute to ourselves.

Gnosis - Volume 1 p. 42 said:
“In the discovery of this road lies the true meaning of our lives: this wonderful gift […] We are called by the voice of our innermost heart to realize this gift. But to succeed we must work ceaselessly, for fear of not succeeding in time.

"No man is an island." This is true but at this level we are most definitely separated and can only know so much about one another. Each of us has had our individual circumstances and experiences and lessons to learn. So this has become a basic understanding of sorts that I keep in mind. I can respect another person enough to let them be who they are and have their own understanding. This position allows me to be more empathetic. At the same time, if the type of person they have chosen to be is not something I wish to associate with, then I don't allow them to be part of my circle of associates. The whole respecting free will thing is something I learned here. I don't try to fix people, but I can offer my experience if someone is asking for help and I do in fact have experience I can share with them. It's up to them if they assimilate what I offer them or not.

Simple understandings has to do, I think, with starting to see the difference between body-centric concerns which are primarily STS and the concerns of the soul. Relationships create karmic conditions that repeat certain dynamics until polarization begins to occur in one direction or the other. Choosing to associate with like minded people for the purpose of sharing knowledge and experience accelerates the learning process and is STO oriented. It's a consciously chosen pathway that reflects a certain level of understanding in and of itself.

So individuality is at least part of the equation. Will the prodigal son remain in the pigsty in a state of rebellion? Or will he return 'home' as a sovereign individual who's 'freedom' lies in obedience to the community to share his unique talents so that all may benefit as one?

I get simple understanding by reflecting on and working through my past. I have divided my life into two cycles - short and long cycles. In current situations I am able to understand and recognize STO / STS relatively. I am aware that STS is present in each of us - even if it is only a fraction of a thought. A thought associated with emotion - the decisive factor for me is time, implementation and personal control of my consciousness. I had to learn to question, to resolve and to resolve my STS anger, which was formed from disappointment and sadness. At the same time, until 2 weeks ago I was in a state of long circulation that kept me captive. And it was strange. It was only through the coincidence of 4 events, which I would have previously described as a personal disaster, that the realization was triggered. There was a breakdown and I cried a sea of tears. In the subconscious, the thought came: This is a wake-up point. Despite all the pain of pain, I was able to concentrate on my thoughts and not hide the pain. I suddenly asked myself the right questions. Looked back into my life and there was a clear picture and pattern. It would never have been possible for me if I hadn't collapsed inside. So I have always reflected on my entire life and saw that these breakdowns give us the opportunity to recognize the truth. The pain, however, makes us blind to reality. In my childhood my mother said to me: What you don't want, what you do to you, don't do it to anyone else. That is why it was possible for me to start thinking differently as a child. Nobody to hurt. To be respectful to everyone. To have understanding. Now I have noticed that the point of understanding makes a likely STO candidate a victim of STS candidates. My pathological understanding was mixed with accepting all excuses from the other side. My understanding was not perceived as positive but was translated as weakness, blindness and stupidity. This important lesson will fundamentally change my life today - the lesson that my desire for love is deep and that there are people who use me as a victim. Knowledge protected me from staying blind for longer.

Today I know for myself that a key to personal freedom is first of all love for yourself. As long as you don't accept yourself with all its facets, with your weaknesses and strengths, you will be misled.
I think the C says that too.
Love also makes this feel good and we want to feel it. In order to feel it in the real world, we need objects that trigger this feeling in us. If we do not receive it, the wish and longing become painfully great. It will be like an addiction to find it anywhere. It is only when you are ready to recognize yourself that healthy self-love develops. This includes knowledge. Knowing that external love is just a sham or hormonal chaos - the eternal search. Love is the knowledge that there is a higher power with which you are connected. Happiness can only arise if you make the other happy without expecting anything in return. Then the great inner feeling of joy arises. For me, this also includes the ability to forgive. Only if I can forgive someone else can I forgive myself. You have to learn like a tracker. It's just my own experience. I really don't know if I'm a candidate for STO.

I still see and hear weird things to this day, but it's far less regular and intense these days. When crossing busy roads I am hyper vigilant and aware, knowing as I do that they can be the most dangerous moments for a person with this condition.

Interesting that you mention the above because I have a family member who was diagnosed with schizophrenia so many years ago and last weekend we were both talking about the time he was hit by a car crossing a busy street. He would've been in his late teens at the time and it happened over 10 years ago. Luckily, when he hit the ground his arm and elbow were positioned in such a way that they cushioned his head from impact. I remember going with my sister to the hospital after it happened to pick him up and that he had to have his leg in a cast for a while.

The other day we were both talking about how close of a call it was and he mentioned being a lot more careful now when crossing streets. I'm not sure when he was diagnosed with schizophrenia either..whether it was before or after he got hit by the car. Anyway, since reading your post I've been thinking about the accident differently and whether there might have been a connection to his condition.

For me, the most profound lesson of my life was that I think according to my programming. Everybody does. And programming can get in the way of truth. To learn how to see reality AS IT IS became a goal - and it isn't easy. Along with that came many "simple" things, including the truth about relationships and so much more.
Now this interests me considerably. I've been reading about programming since reading your Wave volumes, but I still struggle with habits and traits that are incredibly inflexible. Also my entire worldview is a thing I wonder about; I mean, as a 6 year old I was watching Hammer horror flicks on late night tv with my Gran, and I was exposed to very adult themes, sex, death, murder, evil etc.

I found out some time ago from the same family member who has schizophrenia, that he was exposed to gore type horror movies etc. at a very young age (maybe even as young as a toddler) when he was under the watch of his biological father. I have wondered about the impact of this on him and how it influenced his condition, though there are other things from his childhood to take into account. All in all, he does seem to be doing better these days, which he also admitted to the other day.

Interesting that you mention the above because I have a family member who was diagnosed with schizophrenia so many years ago and last weekend we were both talking about the time he was hit by a car crossing a busy street. He would've been in his late teens at the time and it happened over 10 years ago. Luckily, when he hit the ground his arm and elbow were positioned in such a way that they cushioned his head from impact. I remember going with my sister to the hospital after it happened to pick him up and that he had to have his leg in a cast for a while.

The other day we were both talking about how close of a call it was and he mentioned being a lot more careful now when crossing streets. I'm not sure when he was diagnosed with schizophrenia either..whether it was before or after he got hit by the car. Anyway, since reading your post I've been thinking about the accident differently and whether there might have been a connection to his condition.

I found out some time ago from the same family member who has schizophrenia, that he was exposed to gore type horror movies etc. at a very young age (maybe even as young as a toddler) when he was under the watch of his biological father. I have wondered about the impact of this on him and how it influenced his condition, though there are other things from his childhood to take into account. All in all, he does seem to be doing better these days, which he also admitted to the other day.

It's interesting that you brought that up about your friend. I've had similar experiences where I as a kid saw those types of movies. I remember when I was around 10 years old I was with my older cousins and watched Kill Bill and remembered having such a horrible experience with it. I developed schizophrenia during my mid-twenties and have been trying to make sense of reality. Not sure if the two are related, but it's another data point nonetheless.

This reminds me of the following post by Laura in another thread (bold emphasis is mine):

The Cs pointed out long ago that our most important lessons at this level are "simple karmic understandings", and I think that comes down to learning about and fixing our "machines" so that we can effectively and truly network with one another. And Networking, at its most basic level, means LOVE. But even before people can learn to love, they have to get a lot of other stuff out of the way. [...]

For many years I've shy'd away from participating with the forum because I felt that I had to be "more perfect", my "machine" had to be fixed first before I could participate with a clearer conscience. I struggled with alcohol and pot. But I was wrong in thinking this way. Even though I completely gave up those vices about six or seven weeks ago, with prayer and making the effort, resulting in a huge change within myself, having more will and being no longer afraid to participate and start sharing some of my views with the forum, I should of done it differently. I should of communicated about the struggles I was having with the forum, with all of you, years ago, and I know that I would have received that Love that would have helped me to overcome my "struggles" a long time ago, being an active member and to "effectively and truly network with one another", doing my part for the betterment of all. But I did not do it. And for that, I want to say to all of you that I'm sorry and ashamed. I know I can't change the past, but I'm determined to make a joyous future by making right choices in the present, in alignment with all of you.

Very well put, Luks, and I echo what you have written as part of my own lessons. I've also learned that if I can't make reparations for something I've done in respect of the person on the receiving end of my thoughtlessness, then I CAN make sure not to repeat such errors and make things right with the people I do have in my life.

I understand this to be part of karmic lessons. To make reparations to those that I have wronged, and when that's not possible for whatever reason, to at least make sure to not repeat those "errors".

Thanks for this thread and everyone's that responded it's been interesting reading them and comforting to know I'm not the only one going through some of these.

I think my main simple karmic lesson that I'm still dealing with is imposter syndrome, especially when it comes to posting on this forum for some reason as I mentioned in my intro a few years ago. I have spent a lot of my life not having any actual grasp of my abilities and have always been under the assumption that I'm not as good as many other people in my life have told me I am at something. I lied to myself for quite a while by saying I wasn't good at said task because I knew my position in the path to learning it and how much more learning (and unknown learning) I may have to actually do. It was one of the recommended books (I can't remember which if someone knows the name off the top of their heads. ) I'd read that really made me realise this and begin been able to turn it around. I learned that others may have a better window into my subconscious than I do myself, been relatively blind to it's reasonings. So I started just listening to them and trying to work out if I'm just completely blind to that part of myself.

For many years I've shy'd away from participating with the forum because I felt that I had to be "more perfect", my "machine" had to be fixed first before I could participate with a clearer conscience. I struggled with alcohol and pot. But I was wrong in thinking this way.

Thanks for writing this, you gave me some understanding to my own struggles with this. I put a lot of pressure on myself as well which was to fix my machine quickly so I could properly participate and help out here. I'm not sure if others had this feeling but when I found this place, and spent a few weeks lurking around I had a weird feeling this place was important... I think that coupled with other issues in my life lead me to believe I was not ready for it yet when in actual fact I probably will never be ready, I just have to take the first step.

Gnosis - Volume 1 p. 42 said:
“In the discovery of this road lies the true meaning of our lives: this wonderful gift […] We are called by the voice of our innermost heart to realize this gift. But to succeed we must work ceaselessly, for fear of not succeeding in time.

Q: (L) I just want to make sure that I am doing the most I can do. I don't want to have to come back to 3rd density. If I can accelerate things a little...

A: You cannot, so just enjoy the ride. Learning is fun!

Those are basically antipodes. I'll try to enjoy the ride see if it works...:dance:

Those are basically antipodes. I'll try to enjoy the ride see if it works...

It does appear that way.

It makes me think of the bolded sections in this session, in relation to 'succeeding' for 'fear of not succeeding in time', in Gnosis.

Session May 30 said:
Q: (L) Okay, what is the importance of Paleochristianity?

A: The only hope for the survival of your realm and species.

Q: (L) In what sense do you mean that?

A: Unification of aim: survival and avoidance of the destruction hanging over your heads as a consequence of the machinations of psychopathy.

[...}

A: Yes. All of that was created and spread by pathological types under the influence of their hyperdimensional masters for the purpose of turning this planet into a "hell on earth" with them as the masters. They have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. What is needed is for many people to begin to make direct connections with their higher centers. This has been done via the "work" up to now, but there are other methods to accelerate the process and obtain the needed assistance.

It's interesting that you brought that up about your friend. I've had similar experiences where I as a kid saw those types of movies. I remember when I was around 10 years old I was with my older cousins and watched Kill Bill and remembered having such a horrible experience with it. I developed schizophrenia during my mid-twenties and have been trying to make sense of reality. Not sure if the two are related, but it's another data point nonetheless.

Yeah, not sure there's a connection there with my nephew who has the condition. At the same time, it's hard to not think there's a connection there somewhere, because of how very young he was and how often growing up he'd watch these types of movies when he was living at his dad's. I think I should also add that the genre of horror movie that he was exposed to and that his father would often sit him down at a young age to watch with him, was of the slasher and gore horror genre so very disturbing stuff. I think in my last post on the topic too, I may have inadvertently grouped gore horror with the type of horror film that Slipnet mentioned (Hammer horror) but they are definitely different and I realize that now.

His father was also into the genre of music called horrorcore (I didn't even know this was a genre until I looked up more info on the music group named Insane Clown Posse, which was a favorite of his father's and then also a favorite of his growing up). Again, not to say there's a definite connection there but it relates to the above so thought I'd mention it. As my nephew has gotten older, he doesn't seem to listen to or watch that type of entertainment anymore or at least a loss than before.

Back
Top Bottom