There are some very troubling reports coming out of live people being incinerated in China and videos of bodies on the street in the worst hit areas...

Beware bloggers who make stuff up, especially Fulford.

-Old and immune compromised people seem to be worst hit. To me, this then points to - not to downplay - but, more or less a serious ILI and not at all anything to panic over.
- No reports of anywhere I've seen, even in China, of child deaths and healthy adults dead.

That's because it generally doesn't kill kids or healthy people. That's how much of a mundane epidemic this is. What you're really seeing in the media is how 'on edge' the global population is because of all the crazy stuff that has been happening in every sphere (political fecklessness, social polemics, economic austerity, culture wars, actual wars, Earth Changes, etc) in recent years.

Last edited:
If you go to their About Us page, then look them up on Wikipedia...

I think it's starting to become accepted that China's response is the standard bearer that others will look to emulate should the situation get to those levels.

Lots of analysis now that the outbreak is proliferating in other countries is quite positive towards China's response. The main criticism that lingers is there drive to suppress in early December, perhaps late November rather than acting quickly to nip the situation in the bud. Basically if the response at that early juncture lacked pathology then we would be on a different timeline trajectory right now.

Having said all the above, a lot of credible sources were saying the numbers out of China wasn't true so if that's true then it's not like the situation has drastically improved over there though it may have stabilised!

Iran sadly seems not to have learnt from the sins China made early on and they are now facing a severe outbreak in all likelihood minus the resources China had at its disposal! Maybe, just maybe the Persian sun can help?

Anyways, just my read of the situation.

That's because it generally doesn't kill kids or healthy people. That's how much of a mundane epidemic this is. What you're really seeing in the media is how 'on edge' the global population is because of all the crazy stuff that has been happening in every sphere (political fecklessness, social polemics, economic austerity, culture wars, actual wars, Earth Changes, etc) in recent years.

And it seems to affect the left and the right... Today met someone for work whose husband is apparently seriously freaking out about it, to the point it's troubling the relationship. Bizarre.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because it generally doesn't kill kids or healthy people. That's how much of a mundane epidemic this is.

This seems like obvious confirmation bias. It's not because you don't look at cases affecting healthy adults that they don't exist, but of course early data will predominantly feature weak/immunocompromised people. Reports of healthy, working age adults - such as medical workers - being seriously affected and requiring ICU care are plentiful. It indeed seems to me that you are trying to strengthen a conclusion for which there is very little data either way.

Fulford - right, suspect. If for nothing else than great entertainment, I enjoy reading his blogs.
But like all things in this crazy exsitence, verify, verify, verify... And my personal motto for everything lately:
Semper Vigilantes.
Always. Bites me in the behind every time I forget this!

Tracking this thing over the last 2 months and watching countless analysis and reading thousands of opinions, the below to me seems apparent

- The authorities utilised the breakout in China mainly to demonise China. With regard the severity of the disease, they actually downplayed it. Most of the material about it being severe than China was letting on was mostly coming from citizen journalists and social media commentary.

- The US & the UK government are ACTIVELY downplaying the severity. They for sure aren't feeding the hysteria. For the majority of people out on the street, before it arrived in Italy, life just went on as normal!

- The WHO are actively downplaying it too and have been since day 1. They won't even call it a pandemic. They are being quite political and away from the mainstream media, in the underworld of social media where narrative is free to flow as it wishes, people by the bucket loads have become severely untrustworthy and some are actively calling them absolutely useless!

In a way, I think the mainstream narrative, at least until Italy got sick was in line with the house view over here apart from the China bashing obviously.

Now that italy has got sick, the tune in the media has changed and markets reacted.

In the social media world though, people have been expecting the worst from day one and are now getting positively angry by the mainstream downplaying it but also at the same time failing to control the spread. It's only leading to an atmosphere of disconnect and mistrust between the so-called authorities and the so-called plebs.

It's not that I made a good point. It's that I exposed your source as fake news.

You're welcome to believe that, but you just expose your confirmation bias. You suggested contradictory information, but the suggestion that it conclusively exposes the source as 'fake news' is laughable. There were no reported cases in that region, so it absolutely cannot be it. Right. Medical workers infected and dying, no, that's just overwork. A great amount of leaked and decentralized videos, webcams, security cameras showing collapsing people and bodies on the street, sources on the ground both official and unofficial concerned by the issue, but no, you _know_ it's exposed as fake news because France 24 did a report on it? Really?

I'm not asking you to reach a conclusion, to the contrary. Clearly though, you have reached yours, but I'm not sure you should remain attached to your expectations.

The question is, when does an outbreak become a pandemic? I'm confused...

Objectively, or subjectively? I'd say an outbreak objectively becomes a pandemic when at least 1% of the population of multiple countries spread around the globe become infected. An outbreak subjectively becomes a pandemic when a tiny fraction of one percent of the population in multiple countries become infected and an even smaller fraction of those die from the infection, but nevertheless the media says it's a pandemic (to sell papers/gain readers/earn money). So yeah, we're in a subjective pandemic, i.e. not one at all.

Reports of healthy, working age adults - such as medical workers - being seriously affected and requiring ICU care are plentiful.
Yes, but can you put any stock in those reports? I would say it is somewhere between slim and none. Of course, they could be true, but there is no way to verify this, and it is pretty obvious that all these agencies are under the control of nefarious types, and are being used as propaganda machines. I think remaining open and neutral is needed, so as to not get swept up in what the controllers want you to get swept up in. JMO.

Yes, but can you put any stock in those reports? I would say it is somewhere between slim and none. Of course, they could be true, but there is no way to verify this, and it is pretty obvious that all these agencies are under the control of nefarious types, and are being used as propaganda machines. I think remaining open and neutral is needed, so as to not get swept up in what the controllers want you to get swept up in. JMO.

Indeed, my point. There is serious fog of war over the entire issue. Which makes it even funnier when we can't dig into data with an open mind, then Niall cites France 24 as conclusive proof. It seems Niall is the one who's neither open or neutral here.

UG, I think this is a good time to step back and note what pattern of energy you're connecting with vs what pattern of energy Niall is connecting with.

Rather than become a slave to the pattern, it's possible to step above it to try and communicate at a different perhaps more productive level.

So, it's clear you're connecting with the energy that people are expressing in social media where authority doesn't have the power to control the narrative. In essence, people are worried, they think official China response was tainted with narrative lies e.g. on true cases of infections and so on etc. The thing is, you know, part of all these might be true to some degree and people can instinctively sense that plus all the anecdotal evidence just drives it home further. This then leads to a complete break of trust between the person and the authority and maybe it can also lead to something more dark, to think the authority is doing this deliberately for dark reasons e.g. population control etc. Anyways I think that's the energy you've linked in with.

I can't say I know the house consensus, but it's clear there is a house consensus which is what you are rubbing up against now. The house consensus might be what it is maybe because they expect 'the plague' to be more devastating as someone mentioned above. Say 40% mortality rate. This plague seems to be a glancing blow. And so from the house view, it might just be a matter of disconnecting yourself from hysteria, observing and acting like things are normal to a degree.. Well at least as normal as things can be in this crazy world.

Maybe there's no need to get angry and energetically violent then towards a view that opposes yours?

You're welcome to believe that, but you just expose your confirmation bias. You suggested contradictory information, but the suggestion that it conclusively exposes the source as 'fake news' is laughable.

A report that that media outlet made about the Wuhan outbreak was fact-checked and found to be fake news. As I highlighted elsewhere in this thread, Falun Gong activists at major media outlets in NYC (presumably with CIA backing) are working around the clock to capitalize on this epidemic for political reasons (not least, regime change in China, or 'maximum pressure' on the regime anyway).

I'm bringing this to your attention because you posted videos here from them, twice, and they are far from a 'neutral' source. They are very much invested in getting gullible Westerners to believe that the Chinese authorities are currently incinerating people alive because they are inhuman monsters.

Having said that, if you see something in those videos that piques your interest, then do a little digging and discover that there is something reliable about the claim, then please do bring it here.

There were no reported cases in that region, so it can be it. Medical workers infected and dying, no, that's just overwork. A great amount of leaked and decentralized videos showing collapsing people and bodies on the street, sources on the ground both official and unofficial concerned by the issue, but no, you _know_ it's exposed as fake news because France 24 did a report on it? Really?

And you know the context of all those 'viral videos' because the right-wing sect Falun Gong told you so??

I'm not asking you to reach a conclusion, to the contrary. Clearly though, you have reached yours, but I'm not sure you should remain attached to your expectations.

Your conclusion seems to be derived as follows: the Chinese Communist Party is lying all the time, therefore it's lying about the true scale of this epidemic, therefore it's going to kill millions. That is confirmation bias, and you seek out sources which 'feel' right to you, thus confirming your bias. Unsurprisingly, you are reeled in by one of the least reliable sources given the origin country of the outbreak (China).

What I'm saying is that this is, currently, a mundane epidemic. Which it is, obviously, at just under 3,000 deaths in 3 (or 2, if you exclude December) months.

It may become something more serious, but as we have been saying since the beginning of this epidemic/thread, we think the probability of such is low.

Last edited:

A double-edged sword for sure. Funny how the word smite comes to mind . . .

This is very interesting as it's been brought to my attention that Wuhan is also the pilot city for 5g infrastructure in China:

"
5G network coming to Wuhan
Source: 04/16/2018 03:04:41
A large scale 5G network engineering program will be piloted in Wuhan to accelerate the deployment of this new technology and to hopefully upgrade the IT industry, as was reported at the conference on 5G networks planning and engineering in early April.
Now that Wuhan as a pilot city to build 5G telecoms has been approved by the central government, 3,000 macro base stations and 27,000 micro base stations will soon be constructed.
By the end of 2018, the trial use of the technology will start in various pilot areas; it is expected to be accessible to users at the Military World Games in 2019.
By 2020, 5G network will cover every corner of the city and be available at an affordable price.

"

When checked in Ookla (Ookla 5G Map - Tracking 5G Network Rollouts Around the World) one can see that 5g is present in Italy and many other known corona infected countries. Note that there is a pre-release check box that reveals where infrastructure can be found but is not yet commercially available.

Then this was found to coincide with the Iran cluster:
"
Iran’s telecoms minister has said that the country will kick off the fifth generation of internet communications, known as 5G, in the next Persian calendar year starting late March.
"

Back
Top Bottom