I've listened to a statement of the president for the police in Leipzig, Thorsten Schultze. He said that police decided to not react in a violent way to the protesters when pressure built up on the loop road but to let them through, saying that they trust people to be sensible enough to act responsibly in the face of the "pandemic". Something along those lines.
I relistened, and he actually said at the end: "Implementing violence was not warranted / advisable for us here. One fights a pandemic never with means of police but with the sensibility / reason of the people"(!)

For German speakers, they can listen to the whole statement here.

Thank you Luc !!! 🥰 I confess that I had tears in my eyes. Even though I know that I don't have to become "attached" to it... but I will share it with all my friends 😉

I had tears in my eyes too. Especially all the young people who look so happy, and the police officer, did it for me. Maybe this was the last time normal people could come together and just BE, though I hope not...

As one can see at the page the link leads to, there has been unrest in Connewitz, a neighborhood in the South of Leipzig which is infamous for regular riots by leftist actors and their clashes with the police. Most MSM also rushed to tie this particular riot on Saturday evening to the anti-corona protest, though it happened kilometres away from that event.

I've listened to a statement of the president for the police in Leipzig, Thorsten Schultze. He said that police decided to not react in a violent way to the protesters when pressure built up on the loop road but to let them through, saying that they trust people to be sensible enough to act responsibly in the face of the "pandemic". Something along those lines.

Thanks, very interesting. The coverage is just absolutely crazy, with the Greens and everyone demanding to brutally end a peaceful demonstration, and that there must be consequences for the local authorities for NOT having spilled blood. Insanity! And from what I've heard on YouTube, the local police knew exactly what was going on, and that the only violence came from the Antifa after the event was already over.

Yes, that is very sad how politicians from the Green party and also from the Left (including the SPD) are reacting. I do hope too they will not be very successful in implementing stricter measures for the future so that people can again come together like that at some point. However, they are demanding the resignation of Wöller, the Minister for the Interior in Saxony because he stands by the police in Leipzig which didn't let escalation happen. Speaks of a demand for negative selection like described in Political Ponerology.

I do also remember when the "stationary" evening rally in Berlin (August 29th) was dissolved by regulatory agencies there that police units from Saxony and some other states have remonstrated (refusing to follow order).

And what should give some more positive vibes, this video sent to RT Deutsch by one of the participants of the protests:

But there were also friendly encounters between opponents of measures and guardians of law and order, as this video shows, which was sent to us by a participant in the demonstration. Policemen and demonstrators talk to each other in a friendly manner. They even peacefully reach out their hands and the policeman states: "This way you can start a conversation so that you can see what the other person is thinking and feeling. That is not bad either.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Lithuania’s capital streets deserted amid new COVID lockdown
Nov 9, 2020

Coronavirus: German company BioNTech says its
vaccine is 90% effective | DW | 09.11.2020

Coronavirus digest: Up to 40% of German
population are 'high risk' | DW | 09.11.2020
DW·10 hours ago

No links (below), with the claims from Deutsche Welle news, (just more misinformation).

Will the next pandemic start in Brazil? | DW Documentary
•Nov 3, 2020 / 28:25
The next pandemic will come from the Amazon region’, says Dr. Alessandra Nava, a Manaus scientist conducting research on bats. She is hunting down viruses which lurk in the rain forest and may be dangerous to humans. She makes her way through the heart of the Amazon rainforest. At night, Alessandra Nava catches different species of bats in nets or traps. In her laboratory she has already detected new viruses in the bats’ blood or urine. At some point, these could be transmitted to humans. So-called zoonotic diseases like this are increasingly common. The more that humans encroach on the wilderness, the more likely it is that viruses will spread between the species.

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this slick animation in the NYTimes from Oct. 30, 2020. It showed up in my Firefox "Recommended by Pocket" list a few days ago. I particularly like the part at the very end where two tiny particles make it through. Created by: Or Fleisher, Gabriel Gianordoli (website), Yuliya Parshina-Kottas (website), Karthik Patanjali (website), Miles Peyton (I think it's this guy but not sure) and Bedel Saget.

(Complete credits (but no sources) list for this mask animation found here)

The above mentioned people are the same group (minus Miles Peyton) that brought you this earlier animation from April 14, 2020 in the NYTimes (to actually view this animation, you need to log in):

(Complete credits and sources for this cough animation found here)

KingPu dismissed three ministers in the Russian government today - Путин уволил трех министров

I wonder why the goofy Minister of Health is still in office?

Today the guy posted a video on the local social network. This is the turn of people in our clinic to see a doctor:

Here is what he writes: "Today we were made an appointment at room 104. I came there at 9-20, served the whole day, and only by 18-30 we were accepted." NINE hours in line to see a doctor (many are sick with a fever!)? Welcome to Russia, son!
PS I myself went there a week ago to get a prescription for a medicine. I almost got a heart attack and spent half a day doing it.

THIRD study finds that COVID-19 antibodies fade “very, very quickly,” rendering vaccine useless​

“The study found that 60 percent of the patients had a ‘potent’ antibody response at the peak of their battle with the coronavirus,” reports reveal. “After about two months, however, just 16.7 percent of the patients had a potent antibody response.”

These findings, along with those of earlier studies that reportedly came to similar conclusions, have drastic implications for the development of a vaccine for the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19). In essence, there will never be a vaccine good enough to combat the novel virus, no matter how “potent.”

“Not only do antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 fade, and perhaps fade quickly, studies have also shown that only 15 percent of those who test positive for antibodies make the neutralizing antibodies necessary to develop immunity in the first place,” says Dr. William Haseltine. “And not all of those who make neutralizing antibodies make them at high levels. Some of those infected make no antibodies at all.”
Why isn’t the government talking about prevention?

What this means, of course, is that there is really no solution to the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19), at least in terms of the way the government and large corporations are approaching the quest for a “cure.” Instead, it would seem as though the best thing to do is simply to boost one’s natural immunity, which is the best defense against infectious disease.

“… any hope of ‘herd immunity’ bringing this pandemic to an end is completely gone,” claims Michael Snyder, writing for End of the American Dream.

U.S. allows first emergency use of a COVID-19 antibody drug​

FHIQ5D7U2BCYVCFHKRKCILRCX4 small.jpg

OK, I'm really only posting this to ask if Joe Biden came up with the name for this drug. It sound like something he'd say in a debate.

Coronavirus: German company BioNTech says its
vaccine is 90% effective | DW | 09.11.2020

The "funny" thing is that large-scale production of this vaccine has already started before it even passed trials or was approved! To "save time", you know. And I totally believe that they would just destroy all that stockpile should the vaccine not get approval. In fact, I'm totally confident that under these circumstances, there will be fair trials and a decent approval process. We live in the best of worlds do we not? :headbash:

Liver Supplement Proves Valuable for COVID-19 Video / 20:38

Story at-a-glance

• N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is a precursor to reduced glutathione, which appears to play a crucial role in COVID-19. There’s evidence glutathione deficiency may worsen COVID-19 severity
  • Patients with glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency are more prone to COVID-19 as it depletes glutathione. Some of these patients are also at increased risk of hemolytic anemia when given the COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine
  • High-dose intravenous NAC may address the chain of events leading to red blood cell hemolysis in these patients, allowing them to recover from severe COVID-19
  • NAC also inhibits expression of proinflammatory cytokines, improves T cell response, benefits a variety of lung problems, and inhibits the hypercoagulation that can result in stroke and/or blood clots that impair the ability to exchange oxygen in the lungs
  • As the benefits of NAC against COVID-19 are starting to become known, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is suddenly cracking down on NAC, claiming it is excluded from the definition of a dietary supplement

Australia records third day without local Covid-19 case – latest updates

Sputnik
LIVE UPDAETS | US hospitals treating record 59,000 coronavirus patients amid pandemic surge
UPDATE: Germany confirms 15,332 new covid cases
MORE: Czech Republic reports 6,048 new coronavirus cases
MORE: Japanese prime minister orders drawing up of 3rd COVID-19 economic relief package, reports say

The end of the UN embargo will allow Tehran to offer its own systems for export.
Niche areas such as UAVs and tactical anti-ship missiles could find markets in countries unable to afford more traditional suppliers, writes Douglas Barrie | Read more: Tehran’s arms embargo ends, but when will recapitalisation start?

The Times of Israel
Number of active virus patients again rises over 8,000 as 710 new cases found
Today, 10:01 am
As testing ramps back up after weekend, Health Ministry figures show positive test rate dropping

Biden-Harris form COVID-19 advisory board that includes UCSF doctors
Published 18 hours ago Snip:
WASHINGTON - In his first official move as president-elect, Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on Monday announced the formation of the Transition COVID-19 Advisory Board which will “help shape” the incoming administration’s approach to managing the coronavirus pandemic.

The board will be led by co-chairs Dr. David Kessler,who served in both the George H.W. Bush and Clinton administrations as FDA commissioner; Dr. Vivek Murthy, the surgeon general under the Obama administration; and Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith, an associate professor of internal medicine, public health and management at Yale University. Also on the board: Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, an architect of the Affordable Care Act and former special adviser for health policy during the Obama administration.

Kessler is a pediatrics and epidemiology professor at the University of California at San Francisco; and two other doctors work at UCSF -- Dr.Robert Rodriguez and Dr. Eric Goosby.

Ukrainian president tests positive for coronavirus
He said he had a temperature of 37.5C (99.5 F*)🤔

Also:

Coronavirus: Latest global developments #AFP

Update Chicago:
For 4th consecutive day, Illinois reports more than 10,000 new confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19

Suburban counties face 10-person gathering limit, Pritzker raises possibility of another stay-at-home order as coronavirus surge continues unabated

Chicago hospitals again restricting visitors amid latest surge

Last edited:
In Altai (Russia), three doctors became infected with COVID-19 after the first injection with "Sputnik V"

In the Altai Territory, three doctors who had previously been vaccinated against COVID-19 coronavirus with the Sputnik V vaccine tested positive for coronavirus. This was reported by the press service of the regional Ministry of Health.
"Three doctors out of 42, who were the first to vaccinate against coronavirus infection, contracted coronavirus," the message says.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
Also, Moscow introduced new restrictions:

Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin signed a decree on Tuesday, November 10, according to which additional restrictions will be introduced in Moscow from November 13 to January 15, 2021. In particular, for two months, including on New Year's holidays, in the capital:

- all entertainment events are canceled;
- in cinemas, concert halls and theaters, the number of spectators is limited to 25% of the total capacity of the institution;
- cafes, restaurants, nightclubs, bowling alleys, discos and all other similar establishments must be closed from 23:00 to 6:00.

Question: a friend of mine MAY have Covid-19. His roommate tested positive, and he's not feeling well.

What is the best test to get? The PCR test, from what I understand, is not only needlessly invasive, it's often inaccurate, especially if the doctor sets it at anything higher than 35 cycles. Seems Fauci said anything higher and you get false positives since other "stuff" gets detected and gives a false reading. Of course, then the CDC goes and recommends to doctors up to 40 cycles!

But I hear there are saliva tests, and relatively shallow nasal swabs.

Thanks, anyone, for some advise.

Question: a friend of mine MAY have Covid-19. His roommate tested positive, and he's not feeling well.

What is the best test to get? The PCR test, from what I understand, is not only needlessly invasive, it's often inaccurate, especially if the doctor sets it at anything higher than 35 cycles. Seems Fauci said anything higher and you get false positives since other "stuff" gets detected and gives a false reading. Of course, then the CDC goes and recommends to doctors up to 40 cycles!

But I hear there are saliva tests, and relatively shallow nasal swabs.

Thanks, anyone, for some advise.
I think rest and avoid any test. Vitamin C to tolerance is probably a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom