What are you listening to?

Another...

No Longer Slaves You unravel me, with a melody You surround me with a song Of deliverance, from my enemies Till all my fears are gone

I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God

From my mother’s womb, You have chosen me Love has called my name I’ve been born again, into a family Your blood flows through my veins

I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God

I am surrounded By the arms of the father I am surrounded By songs of deliverance We've been liberated From our bondage Were the sons and the daughters Let us sing our freedom

You split the sea So I could walk right through it My fears were drowned in perfect love You rescued me And I will stand and sing I am the child of God

You split the sea So I could walk right through it You drowned my fears in perfect love You rescued me And I will stand and sing I am a child of God I am a Child of God I am a Child of God I am a Child of God I am a Child of God I am a Child of God

I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God

Recently I went a bit nuts, buying a few more ABBA cds than I really needed, or wanted for that matter, (because I didn't know what I liked). But, I thought this one was appropriate and I'd like to dedicate it to our North American friends, who are going though such a rough time now. I think birds are really amazing, and so free.

Here is a song i think everyone may know....

CRANBERRIES
"Zombie"

Another head hangs lowly,
Child is slowly taken.
And the violence caused such silence,
Who are we mistaken?

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

In your head, in your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie,
Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head,
In your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie?
Hey, hey, hey, hey, oh, dou, dou, dou, dou, dou...

Another mother's breakin',
Heart is taking over.
When the vi'lence causes silence,
We must be mistaken.

It's the same old theme since nineteen-sixteen.
In your head, in your head they're still fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are dying...

In your head, in your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie,
Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head,
In your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie?
Hey, hey, hey, hey, oh, oh, oh,
Oh, oh, oh, oh, hey, oh, ya, ya-a...
I love this piece. The best version, very high energy, imo, is a çranberries concert in Paris in 1999. I always listen to this version when I exercise on my recumbent bike. Dolores O'Riordan has such a strong and melodic voice. What a shame she died at such a young age and denied the world of her gift.
I would highly recommend this video. It's on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom