What are you listening to?

Aphex Twin is one of the most original artists I know. He released LOTS of music in many different styles, and sometimes it's unbelievable how diverse his music can be (always instrumental though, as far as I know). I have a few tracks I like to listen to while driving, these ones help me stopping the inner monolog like very few do.

This one reminds me of a Miyazaki movie

I wrote a poem listening to this one

If you have ever searched for a style of music called Ambient, then at some point you will have come across Robert Rich (Website, Bandcamp), one of the giants of the genre. Besides his music, he is famous for his "sleep concerts" where he plays music live all night while the audience sleeps. :zzz: Here is his longest recording "Perpetual" the sequel to "Somnium". It's 8 hours of deep ambient.
(Unfortunately it's low quality. You can hear a higher quality version (for free) on his website or Bandcamp links.)

Last edited:
I see that french singers are fairly popular here so I thought I would feature an old Croatian singer that during the Yugoslav years emigrated to France and became a chanson singer. She has a beautiful voice.

In this clip she came back home and sang a beautiful song in 1975, in her native Croatian, as her father looks upon her. It's certainly nostalgic and heartwarming to see these people and their old styles

I see that french singers are fairly popular here so I thought I would feature an old Croatian singer that during the Yugoslav years emigrated to France and became a chanson singer. She has a beautiful voice.

In this clip she came back home and sang a beautiful song in 1975, in her native Croatian, as her father looks upon her. It's certainly nostalgic and heartwarming to see these people and their old styles

Wow. Heartening lyrics the translation is correct. Thank you for sharing. :-)

English Translation

Had I Met You Earlier

I gave him all of my tenderness, he rejected it,
I gave him all of my youth, he toke it away

When I believed that it was the end, you came
Now the white fields are blooming again,
when I believed that it was the end, you came,
had I just met you earlier.

I gave him all of my youth, he toke it away

When the sunshine was lost, you came,
Now the white fields are blooming again,
when I believed that it was the end, you came,

I would never bend over
my home of sadness like a rainbow,
I would give you more happiness,
I used to know to love more.

I gave him all of my youth, he toke it away.

When I didn’t know where the path leads, you came.
Now our bodies have said everything,
and to take this heart while sleeping, you came,

Keeping in my recent and also not so recent clutch theme:

Haha,

That's soooooooooo synchronistic it's not funny...

I was thrown to the ground as my world broke asunder
Truly we are living in an age of wonder
I wept like a child as the son rose above her
Truly we are living in an age of wonder.

Coincidentally woke up this morning with 'Electric Worry' roaring in head ;-)

Back
Top Bottom