Candida- The Silent Epidemic

Thank you for advice Ant. My tongue looks and feels great now. The pain was there only in the first couple of days when the candida was dying. I will see if this toothpaste also improves the looks of my gums and teeth, but if not, I'll try your HP method.

I know that this is probably not the root of my health problems, but I was just happy that I finally found something that really works in practice, so I wanted to share that with others.

Persej said:
Thank you for advice Ant. My tongue looks and feels great now. The pain was there only in the first couple of days when the candida was dying. I will see if this toothpaste also improves the looks of my gums and teeth, but if not, I'll try your HP method.

I know that this is probably not the root of my health problems, but I was just happy that I finally found something that really works in practice, so I wanted to share that with others.

Persej: I sugest to watch out your diet.Candida loves carbs,any kind of sweets,even the fruit.As you know candida in control levels is necessary for our gut flora,we can not kill them but we can keep then in "low level".

Here an article where you will learn how to feed the good bacteria and then recover your immune system.I hope it helps

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-david-perlmutter-md/gut-bacteria-health_b_7428882.html

Persej said:
Keyhole said:
Persej, have you considered that the your oral thrush may simply be a sign of the overall state of the gastrointestinal system?

I hope that this treatment works for you. But my thoughts are: Since the mouth is actually just the entrance to the GI tract, it is possible that simply treating the mouth will not treat a deeper-routed issue. Hopefully it does, but if not,,, then one place to look may be the overall state of the immune system.

I know that my overall state of the immune system is in very bad condition. That's why I would like to try neem orally.

Can you get your Secretory IgA tested in the stool? That would be the first place I would investigate.

Probably not. I cannot find it in the local labs analysis. I had a very strong reaction in my stomach with the first probiotic enema. But a couple of days ago I did another after taking some antibiotic and had no reaction.

Ok. Do I remember correctly that you also have pretty high TSH? What were your recent levels?

The reason I ask is because you said your immune system is low. From what I understand, the immune system is tightly regulated by the various thyroid hormones and general state of metabolic activity.

munaychasumaq said:
Persej: I sugest to watch out your diet.Candida loves carbs,any kind of sweets,even the fruit.As you know candida in control levels is necessary for our gut flora,we can not kill them but we can keep then in "low level".

Here an article where you will learn how to feed the good bacteria and then recover your immune system.I hope it helps

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-david-perlmutter-md/gut-bacteria-health_b_7428882.html

Thank you. I started drinking kefir this year and my stomach likes it much more than yogurt.

Keyhole said:
Ok. Do I remember correctly that you also have pretty high TSH? What were your recent levels?

The reason I ask is because you said your immune system is low. From what I understand, the immune system is tightly regulated by the various thyroid hormones and general state of metabolic activity.

My last TSH level was 4.5. My feet before iodine were always cold but iodine fixed that. I could try this light therapy on my thyroid, to see if that helps with something, but I have to wait until my light arrives from China.

Systemic candida therapy of choice: fluconazole. Always check with your doctor; fluconazole has potential side effects. Fluconazole is reserved for those who are knowledgeable about the candida subject , have already been on the anti-candida diet for some time, and have already been on nystatin and/or other anti-fungal supplementation or treatment (see below).
-For autoimmune disorders and/or severe alterations of your immune system: fluconazole 200mg for 1 week.

So, this book I'm reading is recommending this for candida after four weeks of a pearl form of probiotic that gets into the intestines before it releases. I know for a fact I have yeast overgrowth in spite of the fact that I've been super low carb 99% of the time for the last couple of years at least. So, I would ideally like to get this without having to go get a prescription. I know I was able to do that with Nystatin a long time ago. If not, maybe I could just go with Nystatin again? At any rate, I no longer even have the info on where to obtain that. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I was wanting to order some Nystatin. Does anyone know what happened to fludan.com or where I could order some?

I was wanting to order some Nystatin. Does anyone know what happened to fludan.com or where I could order some?
I also want to order nystatin, but fludan is gone now. Does anyone know where we can order nystatin powder?

Or should Lugol's be used today instead of a nystatin protocol?

I'm planning on doing this nystatin oral powder protocol later. Right now I started taking saccharomyces boulardii and will continue for 3 weeks.
Here is a 2 months systemic candida treatment plan, although some people might need less or more time.

Systemic candida therapy of choice: fluconazole. Always check with your doctor; fluconazole has potential side effects. Fluconazole is reserved for those who are knowledgeable about the candida subject , have already been on the anti-candida diet for some time, and have already been on nystatin and/or other anti-fungal supplementation or treatment (see below).
-For autoimmune disorders and/or severe alterations of your immune system: fluconazole 200mg for 1 week.
-For a candida “detox” in general: fluconazole 150 mg 1 dose every 3 days, 2-3 doses total.

Nystatin

-1 hour before meals. Alternatively, you can take it 2 hours after meals. You can stop 3 weeks after all your symptoms have disappeared.
-Dose: 1/8 teaspoon 4 times a day for 2 weeks.
1/4 teaspoon 4 times daily for 2 weeks.
1/2 teaspoon 4 times daily for 1 month.
If your symptoms don’t disappear, maintain ½ teaspoon 4 times daily indefinitely.
You can take your nystatin with lemon, but do not take it at the same time you are taking your mineral supplements. If you forget one dose, take nystatin immediately when you remember, but do not take 2 doses at the same time.

Probiotics

30 minutes after taking your nystatin, take probiotics. This should be done every time you take nystatin, at least with 3 doses, wait other 30 minutes before you have your meal.
Probiotics will be taken for 3-6 months, or indefinitely if your symptoms do not disappear.

Complementary Measures

This is optional; it will depend on your symptoms and/or your dis-ease.

-1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate in a glass of water first thing in the morning for the 2 months.
-Flaxseeds and 1 TBSP of olive oil with meals.
-A large crushed clove of garlic in the morning, drink plenty of water afterwards.
-Colloidal silver, drink it and/or apply topically in fungal skin or nail infections.
-Topical coconut oil in fungal skin or nail infections.
-Wormwood tea. Drink during or after a meal. Make wormwood tea by adding 1 heaped teaspoon of the herb to 1 cup of boiling water and allow to steep for ten to fifteen minutes. You may sweeten the tea with a little bit of xylitol or stevia, and add some peppermint.
-Hydrogen peroxide 3%. Dose 10 drops in a glass of water for 1 week.
20 drops in a glass of water for the 2nd week.
1 teaspoon with water for the 3rd week.
1 teaspoon twice a day with water for the 4th week.
1 teaspoon 4 times with water throughout the second month.
This should be done before meals and at bedtime. If you have a 35% solution, dilute 1 part of it with 10 parts of water to make the 3%. You can put it to your tea or drink it with water with cinnamon. 1 teaspoon of 3% peroxide is equivalent to 12 drops of 35% peroxide.

Systemic candida therapy - Alternatives to nystatin and fluconazole.

Choose one and alternate it in monthly turns, that is, do not take the same one for more than 1 month at a time:

-Olive leaf extract. 6 to 10 capsules daily. In powder form, use 3 to 5 g daily, dissolve in water.
-Six to eight drops of Lugol’s solution (internal iodine solution) four times a day. Do not take this one for more than 3 weeks at a time.
-Oils of eucalyptus, oregano, thyme, cinnamon, tea tree or neem tree. Of any of these oils, use 1 to 2 drops four times daily.
- Pau d’arco (taheebo or lapacho) Use either extract or make tea: one tablespoon of bark or a heaped teaspoon of powder in a large cup of water. Bring to boil and let simmer or steep for 5 to 15 minutes; drink 3 cups a day. Paud’arco extract in capsules. Use 3 capsules of extract 3 times daily.
-Wormwood. Commonly used for Candida is Artemisia absinthium, but also Artemisia annua or Sweet Annie can be used. To avoid the bitter taste of A. absinthium stir a rounded teaspoon of powder in some cold water and drink immediately. Use a teaspoonful three times daily.

Additional information

You can put all the anti fungal remedies topically with DMSO wherever you have a skin or nail fungal infection, you can put a medical tape on top of it.

Remember that the diet is fundamental, and it should include a fresh vegetable broth. Refer to this and other sections on the forum for more information about diet and food allergies.

Test food allergies by taking your pulse before meals, and 30, 60, 90 minutes afterwards to see if there is an increase in pulse rate (increase of at least 10% if there is a food allergy). If you have an allergic food reaction, take 1 teaspoon of baking soda with water.

Don’t forget your other supplements and remedies. Remember that L-glutamine, B complex, magnesium, and other supplements are important to kill candida and heal your gut. Chlorella, spirulina, digestive enzymes are also important supplements. Refer to this and other sections on the health forum for more information on nutritional supplementation.

If you have pain or neurological irritation, take molybdenum 500 Mcg per day for 4 months. Bentonite Clay 1 teaspoon of powder or 1 TBSP of the liquid per day (especially if you have allergies). N-acetylglucosamine 1 teaspoon daily in your shake (heals your gut and helps with arthritic pain).

To clear nasal congestion, postnasal drip, and mental and nervous symptoms: put a dot of nystatin powder on your index finger, hold one nostril and sniff gently. Repeat for the other nostril. The number of sniffs, inhales or snizzles can be gradually increased to 3 in a row up to three times a day, depending upon how well it is tolerated.

Nystatin powder can be used to treat athlete's foot, nail fungus, and dry skin spots or rashes. The powder or cream can be applied two to three times a day. To make nystatin cream that can be rubbed into the skin, mix one teaspoon of nystatin powder into two teaspoons of a very mild cold cream or a coconut based cream. You can apply directly on affected areas with DMSO and others antifungals, you can also use a medical tape.

Nystatin enema : Enemas should be done no more than twice a week, with a rest and adjustment period of two weeks between treatments.
1. 2 quarts of distilled or filtered water at a comfortable temperature.
2. Clean out the bowel with one quart of purified water prior to administering the nystatin enema.
3. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of an ocean sea salt plus one teaspoon of nystatin powder into one quart of purified water (at body temperature).

Retained Nystatin Enema: Instead of mixing up a quart solution, mix one cup (8 ounces) using 1/4 of ocean sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon of nystatin powder. The smaller amount is easily retained.
1. After inserting the solution in the bowel roll onto your left side. Lie there for about five minutes to allow the solution to travel to the left side of your colon.
2. Now lie again on your back, but prop your bottom up on pillows, for five minutes allowing the solution to travel up the left side of your colon.
3. Roll onto your right side and lie there for about five minutes.
4. You are now free to get up and walk around. Retain the solution as long as you are comfortable and evacuate when you must.
If you get a sudden gas bubble causing an urge to expel the solution, breathe very fast through your nose using your abdominal muscles as bellows. This usually helps the colon wall break up the gas bubble, allowing the spasm to pass.

Remember that some of these therapies are not suitable for pregnant women. For more information, check Overcoming Candida, Autoimmune Diseases and Other Infections by Walter Last and other references in this thread.

I had oral thrush my whole life. It appears when I sleep, so in the morning, if I have slept more than necessary my whole tongue is covered in thick white and yellow. And when I am awake it disappears, so it is quite amazing how fast it comes and goes. But only recently has it disappeared quicker than before, I think because I don't eat any candy or drink any soda with no exceptions now for 5 months.

Candida Albicans — How It May Affect Your Health
Story at a glance:
+ Candida albicans is a very pervasive yeast. While normally harmless, if your immune system becomes disrupted from exposure to antibiotics, poor diet or lack of sleep, Candida can begin to grow out of control
+ Common signs and symptoms of Candida overgrowth include white coating on your tongue, sudden development of food sensitivities, aches and pains, gut problems, persistent fatigue, skin problems and vaginitis
+ The remedy is simple: Implement a lifestyle that boosts immune function. Eat a low net￾carb, high-fiber diet to nourish beneficial bacteria while suppressing opportunistic fungi like Candida that feed on sugar

Attachments

• candida-albicans-pdf.pdf
    138.7 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom