Ketogenic Diet - Powerful Dietary Strategy for Certain Conditions

Actually, I got diarrhea before I started antibiotics (Augmetin) and managed to get it under control more or less, but it started up again after starting with the antibiotics. I’m back on plain rice and I’ll give it a day or two before going to the doctor. I was actually losing weight because I wasn’t eating enough due to diarrhea. I started gaining again but my digestion is still bad.
My father had this kind of problem, the doctor gave him some medicine, I don't know what it was, nothing changed and he remembered a remedy from the old people (he was Polish) It's to take a small glass of vodka with pepper, you mix and you drink it in one go.
He didn't have diarrhea anymore.
You never know, it might work for you, you don't risk much to try.

My father had this kind of problem, the doctor gave him some medicine, I don't know what it was, nothing changed and he remembered a remedy from the old people (he was Polish) It's to take a small glass of vodka with pepper, you mix and you drink it in one go.
He didn't have diarrhea anymore.
You never know, it might work for you, you don't risk much to try.
I don’t have any vodka and I’m not really inclined to use something that I have no idea how or why it would work, especially since I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
What kind of antibiotic were you prescribed?

I would think it could be a rebound infection from the depletion to gut bugs which can happen as a consquence of antibiotics. The first that comes to mind is C.Diff, which is pretty common after antibiotics and can be quite serious if not addressed.

Since you have been losing weight and the diarrhea is constant, it would be a good idea to go to your GP/doctor and have this checked out.
Yesterday I had two bowel movements with perfect stool and then it went back to diarrhea. Today, more diarrhea. I got an appointment with a gastroenterologist for next Thursday (had to go private as I would get one in a few months with a state healthcare provider, if I were lucky).
I’m taking probiotics and enzymes and avoiding fatty foods, but not much improvement seems to be happening.
I think I might go and give a stool sample to check for infection before the GE appointment.
Whatever I eat now causes issues, almost immediately. I feel like water is just sloshing around on my insides and my stomach is cramping and percolating just after meals. But it’s not just the stomach, I think. It feels like my colon gets affected immediately after eating. Weird

I don’t have any vodka and I’m not really inclined to use something that I have no idea how or why it would work, especially since I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Yesterday I had two bowel movements with perfect stool and then it went back to diarrhea. Today, more diarrhea. I got an appointment with a gastroenterologist for next Thursday (had to go private as I would get one in a few months with a state healthcare provider, if I were lucky).
I’m taking probiotics and enzymes and avoiding fatty foods, but not much improvement seems to be happening.
I think I might go and give a stool sample to check for infection before the GE appointment.
Whatever I eat now causes issues, almost immediately. I feel like water is just sloshing around on my insides and my stomach is cramping and percolating just after meals. But it’s not just the stomach, I think. It feels like my colon gets affected immediately after eating. Weird
Maybe you can try some colostrum. It is something that really helps people especially when they have gut or stomach-problems. It is all natural . . . .

Maybe you can try some colostrum. It is something that really helps people especially when they have gut or stomach-problems. It is all natural . . . .
Thanks for the recommendation. How does colostrum fit in with the no dairy rule, though? It appears to have many times higher levels of protein than regular milk. I’m lactose intolerant, too, so I’m kind of reluctant to try that.
I can’t write for long now, but wanted to give an update. I went to the emergency today to get things checked up. Last few days, I can’t eat anything at all without feeling sick immediately and triggering diarrhea. Anyway, my blood work looks perfect except for eosinophils which are at 26%, 4% being the upper limit. Also my leukocytes are only slightly elevated but CRP is below the upper limit which indicates no inflammation. Last night I had some activated charcoal and marsh mallow root tea plus one capsule of Saccharomyces Boulardii. Tonight I ate a bite of turkey breast, waited for 15 mins and had another three bites. It didn’t cause the pain and nausea as rice did a couple of days ago. It did send me to the bathroom but it wasn’t unpleasant. On Monday I’m going to see a hematologist to look into the eosinophils. And then I should get an appointment with a gastroenterologist. As far as I could find in my quick research, these findings could mean a lot of different things. We’ll see. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks for the recommendation. How does colostrum fit in with the no dairy rule, though? It appears to have many times higher levels of protein than regular milk. I’m lactose intolerant, too, so I’m kind of reluctant to try that.
I can’t write for long now, but wanted to give an update. I went to the emergency today to get things checked up. Last few days, I can’t eat anything at all without feeling sick immediately and triggering diarrhea. Anyway, my blood work looks perfect except for eosinophils which are at 26%, 4% being the upper limit. Also my leukocytes are only slightly elevated but CRP is below the upper limit which indicates no inflammation. Last night I had some activated charcoal and marsh mallow root tea plus one capsule of Saccharomyces Boulardii. Tonight I ate a bite of turkey breast, waited for 15 mins and had another three bites. It didn’t cause the pain and nausea as rice did a couple of days ago. It did send me to the bathroom but it wasn’t unpleasant. On Monday I’m going to see a hematologist to look into the eosinophils. And then I should get an appointment with a gastroenterologist. As far as I could find in my quick research, these findings could mean a lot of different things. We’ll see. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

I came across this, while reading "Life Without Bread". Hope it helps:
Gertrudes said:
There is one thing that made me confused though, right at the beginning of the first quote the author says:
Proline-rich polypeptides from bovine colostrum and whole, minimally processed, grass-fed, organic bovine colostrurn can also be of tremendous benefit in restoring heaithy gastrointestinal integrity and immune function over time. There are more than nine thousand studies showing grass-fed bovine colostrum's potentially key role in restoring gastrointestinal integrity.

Isn't colostrum a form of milk, and in that sense, dairy?

Yes, it is a form of milk but very different from milk that is produced later. When I was going through detox etc back in late 2008 and early 2009, I took this in capsule form. Andromeda was given it for gut healing after her ordeal with MMS, and Atriedes also has taken it for gut healing after his emergency back during the Christmas/New Year holidays. My understanding of it was that certain elements are precipitated from the colostrum and it is okay. We used the "Lactoferrin" type rather than just straight colostrum. I did hear that colostrum is not okay for people with lactase intolerance, which is why I chose the lactoferrin.

See: Lactoferrin - Wikipedia

Hi Revolucionar,

eosinophils which are at 26%, 4% being the upper limit

That sounds a lot like either eosinophilic colitis (see here) or parasitic infestation. Have yo seen the gastroenterologist yet? He should be able to rule out the first, and if that is the case, I personally would go on an anti-parasitic protocol. Gabi has a good one, but you probably should talk to the GE first.

I came across this, while reading "Life Without Bread". Hope it helps:
Thanks Quill. I’ll look into this. Lactofferin sounds like something I could try.
Hi Revolucionar,

That sounds a lot like either eosinophilic colitis (see here) or parasitic infestation. Have yo seen the gastroenterologist yet? He should be able to rule out the first, and if that is the case, I personally would go on an anti-parasitic protocol. Gabi has a good one, but you probably should talk to the GE first.
I’m going to see a hematologist on Monday first. GE should be next. Hopefully they can clear this up.
The good news is that it seems I’m getting a bit better. I’ve taken activated charcoal yesterday and just now again. It appears to be easing my symptoms and making my stool more neutral. I’m not getting cramps and pain after eating but still feel a bit nauseous. I think the nausea is just from being so freaking hungry. Man, since starting the keto diet I’ve lost 8 kilos. Around three from the diet itself which I started gaining back and then this whole diarrhea thing. I went from 75 to 67 and I’m 184 cm tall. Not a good look at the moment. Let’s hope I can gain it back quickly after being in starvation mode for so long

My current most plausible theory is that I did have an infection a month ago which caused diarrhea for about 10 days. A few days later I went for the wisdom tooth extraction and started on antibiotics and analgesics. Those two messed up my already fragile digestive system and and caused gases to build up in my intestines which caused the pain. Heightened eosinophils and low CRP are consistent with this since eosinophils can be a marker of a recent inflammation and low CRP suggests there’s no current inflammation. There are surely some other underlying issues that I hope to get to the bottom of, though.
This morning I’m eating without any negative consequences. Things seem to be looking up for me. I’ll keep you posted

This morning I’m eating without any negative consequences. Things seem to be looking up for me. I’ll keep you posted
Glad to hear you´re better!

It might be /probably is a combination of factors in your case, but in my case, I solved the loose stool problem by cutting down magnesium intake. 500mg every evening caused running to the bathroom in the morning. Since I´ve cut down magnesium in half dosage, I´m doing fine.

Glad to hear you´re better!

It might be /probably is a combination of factors in your case, but in my case, I solved the loose stool problem by cutting down magnesium intake. 500mg every evening caused running to the bathroom in the morning. Since I´ve cut down magnesium in half dosage, I´m doing fine.
I’ve stopped taking Mg altogether two weeks ago. I had one or two pills since, just to make sure I don’t go deficient. I just had my first bowel movement of the day and it was still watery but a lot better than before. It seems to be firming up and getting better. I was at a birthday barbecue today and ate good amount of meat, although slowly and I had barely any issues. I’ll slowly start eating larger amounts to not overwhelm my poor shrunken stomach. Activated charcoal has been a great help, I think.

Been to the hematologist today. Just got some appointments for tests to do and they pricked me for blood. Hematologist says this is probably a parasite based on what we know so far. I’m definitely feeling a lot better today. No bowel movement yet, so that’s good, although I feel this cigarette starting to loosen my bowels. Off to the toilet

I’m happy to report I feel fully recovered, at least for the time being. I haven’t had diarrhea in a few days and I’m able to eat again without problems.
Unfortunately I had to go back to eating everything except dairy until I can get my weight back up. I managed to gain 2 kg in a few days, but I need at least another five until I can feel comfortable with trying low carb again. I’ll keep you posted about my test results in the coming weeks.

Re: Ketogenic Diet - Path To Transformation?

I obviously don't know for sure, but as I stated in a previous post, from time to time before starting the ketogenic diet I would fast for a week. I wonder if that is why I have not had a hard time changing to this diet, since for brief periods I could have been in a state of ketosis (obviously not the same effects as a full blown diet change, though). I am on my 4th week now, and one of the things I find interesting is that I can read faster and comprehend easier. This effect may not be from ketosis, as I have eliminated everything else but meat, lots of fat, and a few non-inflammatory vegetables. All I can say for sure is that after the first two weeks, my energy level and sustainability grew exponentially higher than before.

I found this interesting as well-

I have eaten home canned vegetables that were grown organically for 35 years, since I was a small child. I have a photocopy of the old canning book my father used, complete with all of the modifications and experimental recipes he tried over the years. Sauerkraut is one of my favorite things to eat, and has been my entire life. It is easy and cheap to make, and keeps almost indefinitely in proper conditions. I eat it everyday, so that may explain why I have not had any gut or digestion issues throughout my life. I even drink the juice once the jar is empty. I would never have thought that it had any health benefits. Great info!

My body definitely seems to like eating this way. I do not get hungry as often, and the meat and fat are very filling. The LWB book is absolutely amazing, and I learned a great deal from it. I still have to read PMPB, but now that I can concentrate much easier (before it seemed I had to really work at it) it should be equally enlightening. Thanks to everyone here for the work and research you do finding these gems of wisdom. I feel like I am on a good, sustainable path now, and I am deeply grateful.
that's wonderful that you have settled on what is right for you! and for your easy transition. you are very fortunate! i know about all the good pro and pre biotics in cultured veggies. i had 1 tbls of organic sauerkraut the other night and just to taste tiny little bits with that big ribeye was very satisfying. you have given me the confidence to add a bit of this as my "carb" supply. trying to keep it as low as possible while giving my body what it needs and looking so forward to balancing and feeling the magic of this diet. thank you!

Re: Ketogenic Diet - Path To Transformation?

The fact that many people who need to invoke the healing of their mtDNA and other systems most cannot tolerate this stress is why I'm suggesting the Rhythm Diet which is not a total fast but very, VERY light eating on alternating days. And if, on the days they eat normally, they are still eating a ketogenic diet, that is, very, very low carbs, somewhat low protein, and high fat, then they can have the same benefits without the stress.

We'll be getting some hard-core info up over the next couple of days and even if they are technical, it will help for everyone to read the papers. Just try to follow what's being said without getting bogged down in the jargon or the exact processes when they wander off into detailed descriptions of cellular processes. The fact is, there is NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL solution except for the fact that the ketogenic diet itself, in some form or another, seems to be the one common beneficial/healing factor. Over the last few days, as we have read through this material, we have arrived at some understanding of why various people participating in this thread have had certain problems, and why supplementation should be handled very carefully. Getting into the state of mild ketosis and then doing the things that can change your DNA, and in many cases, even reverse the progression of disease has to be approached from different directions for different people. Some people's mitochondria are so compromised that even ketosis itself must be approached carefully. And you can't overload one system that then brings detriment to another. Without access to a major lab and tons of tests, you have to pay close attention to how you feel/react in order to make adjustments, and you have to understand what is going on in your body to be able to report or assess.

What struck me as I was reading all this material is this: what if the "ascension process" much touted in esoterica is exactly this: figuring out how to heal and activate DNA? What if, by these studies and experiments, we manage to activate/accelerate "soul seating" capacity and "receivership capability"??? What if this is part of "it's not where you are, but who you are and what you see"? Perhaps, by aligning with our paleolithic ancestors who painted caves and decorated the earth with megaliths, and restoring our DNA to that more similar to theirs, we might acquire, along the way, some of their abilities?
hmmmm, and i really like that last paragraph. i follow info on this ascension process and believe more everyday that we are bifurcating into seperate timelines. i feel very different than i have felt before in my "normal" life (career, success, etc. just not important anymore...empty), not much interested in "the world" as it is today in all the drama and chaos. i am more and more comfortable remaining in my beautiful surroundings (lots of nature) and keeping to myself while connecting to others who see what i see. good post, thank you!

Hey everyone,
Y'all will probably be of help in my current quest :

I've been experiencing the keto diet for some months now, the fatbomb custard recipe for some weeks and have read The Diet Research of the Sott.net Forum as well as Keto-Adapted, to learn more about it.

I'm naturally thin so the losing weight aspect doesn't really concern me, it would quite be the opposite.
What interest me most are its benefits (physical/mental/spiritual) and that it seems to be the "proper way" of eating.
But I still keep in mind that it is "for certain conditions".

At this point, I haven't exactly understood which are these "certain conditions" yet.
As I read from the C's that adapting the diet can also be very individual and that some people should add some root vegetables or berries, my questions are the following...

How knowing if I am among those who should add these latters or not ?
And what are these Certain Conditions referred to in the topic's title ?
Would you have, please, some links and infos redirecting to their knowledge ?

Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom