When does pride in your race cross the line?

Why would anyone in their right mind want to celebrate the color of their skin?

That's a strawman tbh.

Terminology notwithstanding, everyone knows full well that chromatic terms are merely convenient shorthand referring to the most obvious differences between continental groups. Pretending that it's literally about color is a silly language game that deliberately conflates signifier and signified.

That's a strawman tbh.

Terminology notwithstanding, everyone knows full well that chromatic terms are merely convenient shorthand referring to the most obvious differences between continental groups. Pretending that it's literally about color is a silly language game that deliberately conflates signifier and signified.

I'm not making an argument, I'm asking a question. If you say that no one ever actually celebrates the color of their skin, then I'm glad to hear that. If you say that the term "celebrating whiteness" actually means celebrating the culture and history of predominantly white societies, then it should be described in precisely that way. After that, you have to explain how "celebrating" such things actually manifests. Only then can anyone decide if there is something wrong with it.

My point remains. Positive White identity is healthy and no one should ever be ashamed or made to feel bad for being White. If we can agree on that, then great. If not, you're just anti-White and let's leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does anyone think I'm not calm?
The, 'i beg to differ', 'too stupid to be a nazi'. I understand you said your stance is to not interact with nonsense, and in a way you were being categorically dismissive, same as I was when I stated 'identity politics is always spiritual cancer'.

I understand that the issue seems like nonsense because the issue of exoteric 'identity' cannot be anything but incoherent, it is a non-question. But I approached it because I felt PF might be somewhat genuine in his attempt to communicate, and tried to dig into it.

But so far we've heard a lot from what sounds like a preachy triggered identity fragment . I harbor the secret hope this discussion will evolve nicely after a break.

Checking out,

If you say that no one ever actually celebrates the color of their skin, then I'm glad to hear that.
I've literally never heard of anyone celebrating their skin color.
If you say that the term "celebrating whiteness" actually means celebrating the culture and history of predominantly white societies, then it should be described in precisely that way.
I've also never heard of anyone "celebrating whiteness". Or "celebrating asianness" or "indianess" for that matter. What I have heard of is people taking pride in their heritage, passing down traditions, appreciating their culture and history, and caring for the people around them.
After that, you have to explain how "celebrating" such things actually manifests.
Thanksgiving dinner. Christmas stockings. Reading history. Reading classic literature. Weddings with brides in white dresses being given away by their fathers and kissed by their grooms. A million other obvious examples drawn from the rich tapestry of European tradition and culture. Normal stuff like that, really.

The, 'i beg to differ', 'too stupid to be a nazi'. I understand you said your stance is to not interact with nonsense, and in a way you were being categorically dismissive, same as I was when I stated 'identity politics is always spiritual cancer'.

I understand that the issue seems like nonsense because the issue of exoteric 'identity' cannot be anything but incoherent, it is a non-question. But I approached it because I felt PF might be somewhat genuine in his attempt to communicate, and tried to dig into it.

But so far we've heard a lot from what sounds like a preachy triggered identity fragment . I harbor the secret hope this discussion will evolve nicely after a break.

Checking out,

Hard to step away from these threads (for me as well lol).

when I stated 'identity politics is always spiritual cancer'.

That's because it is, or at least, that is the stance we take here, and for good reason. It's pretty clear there was no meeting of the minds possible with paleface, from the very beginning of his contributions on this topic. He's fully immersed in the identity politics he thinks he opposes.

[...]

As Terence McKenna said, “Culture is not your friend. Culture is for other people’s convenience and the convenience of various institutions, churches, companies, tax collection schemes, what have you. It is not your friend. It insults you. It disempowers you. It uses and abuses you. None of us are well treated by culture.”
Oh, that guy must have thought he was Davy Crockett, and not a drug addict and a flunkie.

God, there's so much fireworks in this thread. I can't help but think this type of conversation nowadays is a bit strange when literally we're witnessing the world remould itself on the lines of vax and unvaxxed. I dare say this is a stronger line of demarcation between people than their skin colour.

One can get sucked into the wider mainstream net of racial or gender conflicts but to be honest, it's a bit of a waste of energy in my opinion. Those things will happen regardless of whether you involve yourself in them or not.

I think when the rubber hits the road like in this situation we're facing globally now, what really matters is what is in people rather than what identifies them. I tell you what, I have 100% respect for a migrant brown / black taxi driver who immediately see's through the vax bs than a well educated white guy who doesn't or likewise a white blue collar worker who's able to see right through this thing than a well to do successful black celebrity or business person. In short people who can see through the lies and illusions regardless of their race, gender or whatever are the people who really matter to be honest. This time we're living in is truly bringing that to light.

Also @PaleFace is not conducting himself in accordance with the principles of this forum I don't think. External consideration I believe still remains a pillar. If he's unaware of such concepts I believe he should start familiarising himself with it and the other things expected from people who try to rise up above A influences and the general law.

Back
Top Bottom