A problem with my heart? I went to emergency

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi everybody,
This afternoon suddenly my heart started to beat real, real, real rapidly and very strong, boum! boum! boum! I felt the pulse so strongly that my chest was vibrating. I took water with salt, did some breathing exercises but the thing continue so I decided, even if I felt not very well but with no pain, to go to urgency. There they took me right away and made me an electrocardio. I hear one nurse tell that my pulse was at 200. The electro looked good, so the nurse said but I had to see the doctor. After 4 hours I saw the doctor and i passed a second electro. That was perfect. 60 pulses. Now I am at home.

What causes your heart to beat like this so suddenly? I was fine one moment and one second later this heart became crazy. Can it be the iodine? I don't take much of it, one drop every 2 days. today I did not take iodine. Is this too much coffee? 4 by day. Can it be a symptom emerging after the stress that I had with the situation of my husband? Like an aftershock?

After 4 hours in urgency now I just want to go to bed. :) Happy to be alive. :) but a little worried. What I had today was the first time something like this happened to me with my heart. Scary! But now I am ok.

What could it be?

Thanks for your opinion and thanks to listen to me.

Glad to know you're fine. The cause at this point could be anything, like stress etc. However, the mention of four coffees per day caught my attention. Years ago I started drinking a lot of coffee, until one day I had very strong nervousness with strong and fast heart beats. I stopped coffee at once and never experienced the symptoms aver again. It could be something to look into?

Hi loreta,

This sounds like supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), but could also be atrial fibrillation - but that should have showed up in the ECG. Unlikely to be ventricular tachycardia (VT) as it probably would have affected you more. So I am leaning towards the first - but hard to say without seeing the ECG.

I think you should check your thyroid hormone levels (at least TSH, T3 & T4). It could be stress-related, with all the things you had to deal with.

If that condition reoccures, I would suggest you see a cardiologist to get a 24-hour ECG (Holter ECG) and maybe an echocardiogram. Maybe also stop the iodine for a week or so, then restart at a still lower dose. And agree with coffee - might be the culprit!

But at this point I wouldn't be too worried!

Hope this helps ...

:shock:

Yikes! I'm glad to hear that at least you're okay now... That must have been scary!!!

I would definitely recommend cutting out coffee. Until you know what it is, you probably shouldn't take anything that can stress your body or stimulate your heart.

Take good care of yourself!
:flowers:

Gland to know you are fine.You should cut or reduce the coffee and probably the stress you had with your husband made your heart release all this negative energy through this strong boum.

Take care :flowers:

Thank you for your advices... I will follow about the coffee.... :( But for my heart I will do anything.

Sitting I really don't know the blood pressure.I see nothing on the paper they gave to me. And for the rest it is Chinese for me. 78 palpitation, this I understand. TA: 110/70 FC: 110

It is in Spanish so difficult to understand.

Thank you very much for your advices I repeat. I will stop coffee and I will go to see the doctor. And then I will stop taking iodine for a week. Maybe ask for a blood analysis. (I hate to see doctors, they are so robotic.) while this I asked my homeopath and she recommended to me some drops specially to calm myself. But I swear, today I was very calm.

Oh,life,life. Life is so good.

Thanks to be here! :hug2:

Scottie said:
:shock:

Yikes! I'm glad to hear that at least you're okay now... That must have been scary!!!

I would definitely recommend cutting out coffee. Until you know what it is, you probably shouldn't take anything that can stress your body or stimulate your heart.

Take good care of yourself!
:flowers:

Do you include cigarettes? I really don't know about. I am a heavy smoker, around 20-25 by day. Pueblo.

Thanks Scotty!

That must have been scary Loreta! It's possible that the iodine could have played a part, detoxing bromides etc. If I remember correctly from the iodine thread, after a few weeks of iodine usage where the thyroid takes up all iodine, it can get saturated making iodine available to run around the body detoxing cells etc. :hug2:

Sorry you had such a scary experience there Loreta, but glad to hear you're feeling better :) I agree that 4 cups of coffee seems like quite a lot. Maybe try and cut down to one or two cups a day for a while? Also, do you take magnesium in any form? If you don't, I wonder if it would help things to take some before you go to sleep. I hope the worst is over. :hug:

In addition to magnesium, potassium and trace minerals go a long way to help regulate heart rhythm. I did quite a bit of reading on the subject when I had a spell of rapid heart beat, and it seems problems like A fib are becoming very common. Most likely, it is linked to mineral deficiency and often corrects itself with proper mineral intake.

And as Joe said, it could be a detox reaction from iodine. It is very scary when the heart starts racing, so best to stay off iodine until things stabilize. Take care, loreta. :hug:

Oh wow loreta, I'm glad you are ok. I know from experience when i was in my 20's I drank 3-4 cups of cola a day. I know its not the same but cola has a lot of caffeine. After a while I experienced exactly what you described, many times. I actually went to the doctor and the did a full allergy test. In the end they told me that i had an allergic reaction to caffeine.

Needless to say I stopped drinking all soft drinks from that day.

Take care.

Glad to hear that you are okay loretta! It would have been a very scary experience. I too agree that it might be an idea to decrease the coffee intake, also what dosage Iodine are you taking? It certainly could have been a detox reaction from that. I don't know if you listened to the recent Health & Wellness show on water, but one thing you could so is imprint your water with life giving and healthy energies. I wonder if sticking a Reiki symbol on your glass of water might help. I always use flower essences (a form of vibrational medicine), and Bach's Rescue Remedy is a must to keep on hand for shocks like these!

Stay well loretta! :hug2:

Aye aye aye! wow Loreta! Glad to hear you're feeling fine, it sounds exactly like what happens to me every time i drink Coffee, which is why i don't ever drink it, but everyone's different.

try to breathe and take it easy on your heart, big hug!!

Back
Top Bottom