A problem with my heart? I went to emergency

Wow, Loreta, what an experience, glad that you are okay now! :hug2:

I agree with others that coffee might be one of the factors. That's why I never drink coffee myself: after a couple of days of drinking it, my heart usually starts aching.

As for smoking, it also makes my heart racing a bit, but not aching, so I continue smoking. It's only racing while I'm smoking and as soon as I stop, it immediately goes back to normal. Maybe if you don't see any correlation in your case, it's not a problem for you at all. fwiw

It could also be stress-related, as others have mentioned. EE helps me coping with stress and magnesium too.

Also, Sitting asked a good question about your blood pressure. In Russia, nearly every family has their own device for measuring their blood pressure. Don't know if it's easily available (for a reasonable price) in Spain, but it's very convenient to have one at hand. fwiw

Wish you all the best, Loreta! :flowers:

than you all of you for your concern, it is not a funny experience. I have sometimes little palpitations, then I eat a banana and that's all, but they are small palpitations that we have sometimes but yesterday was like my heart wanted to explode. Today I will call my doctor-robot. Yesterday I took the Rescue Remedy but it do nothing.

I take one drop every 2 days. It is not much, compare to what other people are taking, but every body is different. Finito the coffee. Bye bye dear coffee. And I have to force myself to take magnesium. I have potassium in pills I will start to take them again.

I don't have the aparatus to check the pression, they are not very expensive and maybe I should buy one. This morning I will go to the pharmacy to check my pression. Usually my pression is always well, more low than high.

Thank you! Have a nice day.

Im` really feel sorry for what you are going through. I was and still am going through similar symptoms as you. Mine are not so severe as yours but similar. I also feel that my heart is beating very hard. Not faster just harder, like i can feel my pulse in my whole body. Normal EKG, unnormal blood lipid status and normal Pulse and Blood pressure. In my case nothing helped to reduce the symptoms. It comes and goes. I cant notice any pattern. Probably its because of iodine. It has done something in our bodies. Is it a bromine, or heavy metals or some critters i really dont know. Over time the symptoms of a hard hart beating are loosing in power but are still there.
Maybe a little pause from iodine and little more detox will help.

Loreta,

My father had the same yesterday . All the cardiology services of the hospitals of the town were full and all the vehicules of Emergency Medical Service were occupied. I wonder, what's the matter with the Earth of people ? That makes me think that people are not good and therefore their heart, emotional and physical, because of the hardness of the world in which we live.
Just some thoughts.

I wish you to get well.

loreta said:
Hi everybody,
This afternoon suddenly my heart started to beat real, real, real rapidly and very strong, boum! boum! boum! I felt the pulse so strongly that my chest was vibrating. I took water with salt, did some breathing exercises but the thing continue so I decided, even if I felt not very well but with no pain, to go to urgency. There they took me right away and made me an electrocardio. I hear one nurse tell that my pulse was at 200. The electro looked good, so the nurse said but I had to see the doctor. After 4 hours I saw the doctor and i passed a second electro. That was perfect. 60 pulses. Now I am at home.

What causes your heart to beat like this so suddenly? I was fine one moment and one second later this heart became crazy. Can it be the iodine? I don't take much of it, one drop every 2 days. today I did not take iodine. Is this too much coffee? 4 by day. Can it be a symptom emerging after the stress that I had with the situation of my husband? Like an aftershock?

After 4 hours in urgency now I just want to go to bed. :) Happy to be alive. :) but a little worried. What I had today was the first time something like this happened to me with my heart. Scary! But now I am ok.

What could it be?

Thanks for your opinion and thanks to listen to me.
I decided to post this, because I felt you got some indefinite answers, and it is understandable, people are supportive and try to answer as good as possible. Thanks everybody for your answers! They help me as well.

Hey Loreta - This happened to me as well in July. I had 230 beats pe minute. Had a holter monitor, blood samples taken, everything seemed to be fine. They still wanted to test my thyroid, but I refused and left the hospital. I am 23 years old. My heart should be just fine, I did not eat in my youth junk food(junk food more expensive than raising animals, or buying organic vegetables from the peasant's market) as it was expensive in Romania. I rarely eat a pizza, now in Denmark where I can afford it.

Reasons might be - strange electrical conduction in the body can happen from time to time. Sometimes it happens from too much sport. It is called the Athletic Heart Syndrome.

Another very very common condition(and don't be scared), is Supraventricular Tachycardia - Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) means that from time to time your heart beats very fast for a reason other than exercise, high fever, or stress. For most people who have SVT, the heart still works normally to pump blood through the body.

Questions to ask - do you remember when the heart race first started, were you bending to pick up something, or did you turn around fast, did you jump, or walked up the stairs? Ussualy SVT starts when you do a sudden movement, or sometimes you just relax out of nothing, you have a small skipped beat(fluttering) and you feel like a bubble of air sits in your chest and then BOOOM, of a sudden the heart starts racing.

What you can do to avoid this is to really stimulate your vagus nerve, take a deep breath of air, and then exhale powerfully, like you were constipated :lol:. Do this many times, and don't panic, your heart can go on for at least 1-2 days on a fast heart rate until you get very tired.
Just focus on breathing deep, to avoid hyperventilation. Sit and breathe, remember "the constipation procedure - when you force your stomach".

Some people choose to treat their SVT(ablation), some not(they do the breathing technique). Ablation is not the best cure, as many patients complained still having these episodes.

Remember - Don't panic! You can induce anxiety and then you will not know what you will have a SVT episode or anxiety.

Other condition could be an overactive thyroid. But that does rarely goes into what is called "thyroid storm". Careful with the iodine in this case. Never take an advice from the forum as granted if you don't check your body first and see what you can take in. Otherwise it is just like a "rat experiment". I agree that by now it must have helped a lot of people, but please check yourself to be able to be sure you can start a procedure(ex. iodine intake, keto diet etc).

I have these episodes, and you will see that probably this is the beginning. I don't want to scare you but it is possible that during your lifetime you will experience them. I have like 3-4 per year.
Hope this helps.
Ed

PS what also really helped me was to drink a glass of salted water in the morning, and avoid eating too much daily. Like once a day. Fasting really helps with any condition.

Also do a moderate level of exercises, wash your face with cold water(also this works in a episode of SVT, just plug your face in very cold water, the sudden change of temperature stimulates your heart rhythm).

Also you can massage you sinus carotid - on the neck - check on Google, you will see the procedure.

So good to hear you are feeling better, loreta! I know it can be scary to suddenly start feeling your heart pound so rapidly. I think that in your case it might be a combination of factors: detox from the iodine, the 4 coffees each day (I am sure that I will have the same experience if I have 4 cups of coffee in a day! I get fast heart with only one, but I know why, so I rarely drink coffee now. And I too love it very much :( ) and last but not least, you went through a period of high stress recently. In my experience, it is AFTER the high stress experience is over, when I start to relax and things seem to be back to normal, that symptoms like tachycardia or anxiety attack, make an appearance. It might be the body "metabolizing" in its own way and time the emotional upheaval when it feels safe to do so. Or so I think. :hug:

Alana said:
So good to hear you are feeling better, loreta! I know it can be scary to suddenly start feeling your heart pound so rapidly. I think that in your case it might be a combination of factors: detox from the iodine, the 4 coffees each day (I am sure that I will have the same experience if I have 4 cups of coffee in a day! I get fast heart with only one, but I know why, so I rarely drink coffee now. And I too love it very much :( ) and last but not least, you went through a period of high stress recently. In my experience, it is AFTER the high stress experience is over, when I start to relax and things seem to be back to normal, that symptoms like tachycardia or anxiety attack, make an appearance. It might be the body "metabolizing" in its own way and time the emotional upheaval when it feels safe to do so. Or so I think. :hug:

I think it is not true in her case. Coffee and stress bring high heart rates on paced level(not of a sudden). Anxiety and panic attack does not go further than 140-150 beats per minute. SVT is most common to spike of a sudden around 190-200, even 350 beats per minute(mostly in case of ventricular tachycardia)

thank you for your advices and words Kalibex, edguitarra, alana, Konstantin, Pluma. I have an appointment tomorrow with the humanoide doctor. Today I checked my arterial pression, it is ok. Edguitarra yesterday the BOOOOOOM!!!!! started when I was cleaning the staircase of our building. So I was doing an exercise with my arms with a very speedy music in my ears.

Pluma, I hope your father is feeling better today? What you say I understand that the heart is sometimes telling us about ourselves, how we feel, how we deal with life, and we can "patapum!" our hearts because of it. I believe it is true, in part. There is an article in Sott about the heart that I will read today about the heart as a second brain.

http://www.sott.net/article/312553-The-heart-has-neurons-and-functions-as-a-second-brain

But others reasons can be the cause of a heart problem, one of them inflammation and evidently stress. I was very stressed lately, like an animal pursued by a tiger in the middle of the jungle.

Stress is always a "debt collector" that comes, eventually, to collect what he pretends you own him. Like a little mephisto. :evil:

So stress is very bad culprit. The first one, I think so.

Now I feel less stressed but he came to collect what I have done.

My heart today is not normal 100% but maybe I am a little paranoic. I will see tomorrow with my "doctor" what he has to tell me about heart...

Konstantin I read all about your experience with Iodine, even if I did not say anything to you in the thread but I am always running in this threat, behind the lasts comments. I hope you are better. Your experience was very hard and difficult.

loreta said:
yesterday the BOOOOOOM!!!!! started when I was cleaning the staircase of our building. So I was doing an exercise with my arms with a very speedy music in my ears.
Make sure you tell the doctor that. I was sure it is this. If you were using a mop or a broom, swiping and cleaning you actually made use of your trunk(thorax and abdomen). The mop or the broom movement make use of left-right swings of the abdomen, thus causing this BOOM reaction.

Don't be paranoic. Usually SVT people, are afraid to not make a bodily movement that triggers an episode. When you feel it comes(usually you feel it because it starts by a sudden movement, a skipped or an extra heartbeat(palpitation, fluttering) - try to feel your abdomen and breathe deeply. The episode will not start. You might feel an uncomfortable deep pound of the heart but at least it will not turn into another episode.

I started having that sort of thing back in 1992... it got really bad over the years. However, every time I went to emergency, it calmed down and they measured nothing. It was weird. After awhile, I had the rapid heartbeak, skipping beats - like my heart would stop - and so on, almost all day long!!! I learned that I could cough sharply and stop it for awhile. I began to observe when, where and how it would occur. It was pretty much always related to anything that triggered insulin like carbs or coffee. Of course, sometimes it would be hours after consumption so I didn't make the connection right away. Once I gave up coffee completely, the incidents reduced almost to zero. Going carb free over an extended period further reversed whatever was going on.

However, considering the iodine protocol, perhaps you should read my latest post in that thread.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better Loreta :hug:.

And are you also eating chocolate? It may not be that strong as coffee but I know at least in my case that my heart is running faster on chocolate.

I hope you are feeling better, Loretta! Don't know what is more stressful, what you are going through or going to the ER on those circumstances meeting strange "humanoid robot doctors" with non readable writings!

I just wanted to highlight the mineral part. With stress, coffee over-consumption, detox, etc... we lose more minerals. I would supplement potassium and magnesium for the time being, specially since you already have them at hand.

Much healing your way! :hug2:

Some years back I had a long episode with bouts of tachycardia and skipped beats, unrelated to any heart disease. My doctor told me to do what Laura mentions, "cough deeply" to set things back on track when it was happening, which it did, but I was still having regular palpitations. Didn't want to go on beta blockers, so dumped the coffee (was also drinking several cups per day) and began taking the magnesium regularly. Magnesium was hard for me to take orally, (bothered my stomach) so started to use the transdermal magnesium and that worked well. The skipping stopped after that. Hope everything is back to normal for you soon.

Since I was 13 I've had what is known as Wolf parkinsons White syndrome(WPW), a pre-excitation syndromes, and it is a very scary experience when your hearts passes the 200 bpms mark. I had to have surgery for it since my heart began to beat irregularly at 15, 4 surgeries due to the complication of the abnormal pathway(not trying to cause you more stress or anxiety), but I would say you're case is most likely caused by the coffee and/or stress. WPW usually manifests when you are a teenager, so you don't' have to worry about that particular syndrome. I only bring it up to let you know that i've been living with these episodes since 13 and they can be very scary, but you have some great advice from many of the members and I'm optimistic after the removal of coffee/stress and checking iodine you'll go back to a regular rhythm.

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom