A problem with my heart? I went to emergency

loreta said:
Pluma, I hope your father is feeling better today? What you say I understand that the heart is sometimes telling us about ourselves, how we feel, how we deal with life, and we can "patapum!" our hearts because of it. I believe it is true, in part. There is an article in Sott about the heart that I will read today about the heart as a second brain.

http://www.sott.net/article/312553-The-heart-has-neurons-and-functions-as-a-second-brain

Loreta,

Yes he is better now but still under observation, thank you to ask.
Thanks also for the link to this interesting article.

All my best thoughts

loreta said:
Gandalf said:
loreta said:
I just hope I don't have this. My sister told me if I have another "attack" to take an aspirin. What do you think about it? It seems to me that I read many really bad things about aspirins. My sister, evidently is a nurse in the medical Canadian system, not open at all with natural remedies. How strange that she is so different from me. Are we really sisters? :)

My acupuncturist who have been a nurse for more than 20 years in the Québecois system, told me exactly the same things : to take a couple of aspirin.

Gandalf, are you taking the aspirins? Is this a good idea?

Nope and the last time I took an aspirin must be 15 years ago.

However, as my acupuncturist said, in an urgency situation, that could save your life.

Thank you Gandalf, so it is convenient to have a little bottle of aspirin in case.

Plume, is your father in observation in a hospital? I am happy he feels better. And if in the hospital he is in security.

Oxajil said:
Thebull said:
Hello Loreta,

Nothing to add to the great advice you've had. It's a frightening experience you went through and I wish you all the best in your recovery and hope your managing your stress :hug:

Same here loreta! :hug2: In case it helps: When I had problems with my liver, I would eat liver paté (recipe here) as the organ has all the nutrients that are good for the liver. Sometimes I incorporated small pieces of a heart organ in it. :-[ Maybe this is something you and Thinkingfingers could try? See for example here:

However, I advise against eating organ meats from animals raised in confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs). The diets, veterinary drugs and living conditions of such animals are not likely to result in healthy organs, so be sure to find out where the organs came from, should you decide to pick some up at your local grocer.

Many traditional cultures and their medicine men—including Native Americans—believe that eating the organs from a healthy animal supports the organs of the eater.

For example, a traditional way of treating a person with a weak heart was to feed the person the heart of a healthy animal. Similarly, eating the brains of a healthy animal was believed to support clear thinking, and animal kidneys were fed to people suffering from urinary maladies.

There are countless reports about the success of these types of traditional practices. We can thank Dr. Weston A. Price for an enormous body of research about the health benefits of traditional diets.1

[...]

CoQ10 (essential for energy production and cardiac function; potent antioxidant; animal hearts offer the highest levels of coQ10)

Of course diet is one way to help your heart, another would be emotional healing, and perhaps one way to do that is as you said by way of meditation, and to keep networking here about issues that "weigh heavy on your heart". Hugs.

Thanks Oxajil, I've finally found a great place to buy grass fed and finished meats(and grass fed butter) and I've been meaning to start making pate. I'm looking into who their butcher is so I can buy in bulk and start canning. I will look into eating hearts as well, and also I am working with water and it's amazing properties. Exercise, meditation, and plenty of water should definitely help as well, and networking is key of course. But mostly hugs are always appreciated :-[

Loreta I've never been too much of a medicinal drug user, at least not pharmaceutical, but taking an aspirin only when you are having an episode is not a bad idea imo. Any way of thinning the blood can help, for me my episodes are mostly triggered by physical movements so fetal position or squat work well, as it reduces the stress from pumping blood into you legs, and belly breathing while calming usually stops the episode in 10-30 seconds. Glad your doctor gave you good news!! :cheer: :perfect: :cheer:

Thank you Thinkingfinger​s, I will have aspirin in case. Me too, also, will try to find heart to eat, I think I never saw heart in the butcher's shop. I will ask. Have a nice day.

Pierre said:
I had bouts of 'tachicardia' for about one month. It happened when I lied down in bed, my heart was beating very fast and strong, it was skipping beats and I was hyperventilating. It was lasting for 30 to 60 minutes.

So I took potassium, magnesium and COQ10 diligently and it finally disappeared. I'm still not sure about the cause, maybe it was just a lack of minerals.

Thanks Pierre for sharing. I had a very similar problem for about one month and it also happened when I was lying down in my bed.

So as you mentionned, I took potassium, magnesium and a multi-minerals tablets and so far so good.

Thinkingfingers said:
Thanks Oxajil, I've finally found a great place to buy grass fed and finished meats(and grass fed butter) and I've been meaning to start making pate. I'm looking into who their butcher is so I can buy in bulk and start canning. I will look into eating hearts as well, and also I am working with water and it's amazing properties. Exercise, meditation, and plenty of water should definitely help as well, and networking is key of course. But mostly hugs are always appreciated :-[

Glad you were able to find good quality meat. If you and loreta want to prepare organ meat, keep in mind that it can be pretty lean and having it with enough fat is important, that's why I mixed it together with the liver in the fatty paté. You can also ask the butcher to mix meat together for you. Just a thought! All the best to you and loreta, keep us updated :hug2:

I just want to add that I came across several warnings regarding eating organs from animals who haven´t been fed organically. In Canaria you may find some good tasting meat but that doesn´t mean that animals haven´t been vaccinated (it´s obligatory in this territory) and fed with at least 50% processed food (pienso) during winter, and 100% processed food during warm seasons.

I think the best thing here could be eating hearts of pigs since their digestive system is akin to ours and may, hopefully so, metabolize their industrialized food better than a cow. Well, just another reason for leaving this area as soon as your wallet feels consistently heavier. :rolleyes:

I´m really glad that you feel ok now Loreta. Heck, what an adventure, jeez. :hug2:

Oxajil said:
Thinkingfingers said:

Glad you were able to find good quality meat. If you and loreta want to prepare organ meat, keep in mind that it can be pretty lean and having it with enough fat is important, that's why I mixed it together with the liver in the fatty paté. You can also ask the butcher to mix meat together for you. Just a thought! All the best to you and loreta, keep us updated :hug2:

You could ask the butcher to do a split of minced meat and heart (plus fat) in sausage casings. Their are a few delicacies like Haggis and Faggots/Savory Ducks here in the UK and they are super tasty. I would never have imagined i would enjoy the taste but mixed with flesh it gives it a real depth of flavour.

I remember a discussion on the health and wellness show regarding the 'like for like' which i found interesting:

http://www.sott.net/article/305911-The-Health-and-Wellness-Show-Alternative-Medicine-Overview said:
Jonathan: Doug when you were talking about the, 'like treats like' aspect of Homeopathy, that made me think about how they use organs to treat certain organ conditions, or bone to treat (Bad audio) and things like that. I was first introduced to this concept by Dr. Tent who I think we have talked a little bit about before. And if anybody hasn't come across Dr. Tent, look him up, I think he has like forty lectures on You tube and they're all really good. He's a Chiropractor and a Natural Practitioner in Michigan, in the Detroit area. He talked a little bit about what are called Protomorphogens. This is a concept that came up in the 1940's by a man named Dr. Royal Lee who was the founder of Standard Process, the vitamin company. And he posited that cells from certain organs contained the blueprint for the restructuring for that specific organ. So, that if you have a problem with your liver you take liver, if you have a problem with your kidneys you take kidney, for teeth you take bone, things like that. One of the things that really struck me was a story Dr. Tent told about Sacagawea in the Lewis and Clark expedition. And in the journals of Lewis and Clark there is this conversation they had with Sacagawea, at the time she was 17 years old and she had a new born baby and she was feeding the baby raw brain and raw bone marrow.

And they asked, "Why are you doing that?" and she said, "Well, the brain so that he will be smart and the bone marrow is so that he will be strong". And she hiked with these seasoned explorers nearly two thousand miles across the entire country at 17 years old with a baby on her back. So, if you really needed any anecdotal evidence about the strength of that kind of a person, I thought that was pretty interesting.

Also in Dr. Tents experience with this kind of thing in the animal world, he had a patient who came in with a parrot with eye cancer, the eye was bulging out of its head, it was really bad, and there was a tumour underneath the eye. And he said, "Well, I'm not a vet but give it eyeball." And so they looked it up and found that they could order, essentially, dry powdered eyeball, I think it was bovine eye. She fed it to the bird and it was cured. He also had similar experiences with human patients, like one guy with liver cancer, I think it was stage four, he had gone through a bunch of treatments, chemo and so on. And he was like, "I'm here as a last resort, what do we do, I'll try anything." And he said, "Well, start eating liver." And so he started feeding him raw liver and it went into remission. That's just two stories about that but there are a lot interesting things in that area, it's fascinating to me.

Along the lines of what you said Gaby, in terms of Information Theory. The idea that cells from specific organs could contain the information that's needed to rebuild that organ. We may just be going about this whole healing thing in the entirely wrong way. With a lot of the pharmaceutical treatments and the radiation treatments like we're talking about for all these illnesses. When it's been known for thousands of years that, "If you have a problem with this, you take that and that helps that." Like treats like. Fascinating.

Doug: There's a long history of using organs in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). For thousands of years they've been treating specific organ ailments with the specific organ, so there's a long history for that type of holistic healing.

(This also reminds me of when Gurdjieff - i think - talked about people who've had animal organ transplants. Or i may be misremembering but either way that's creepy.)

Also, i'm aware of many women who take dessicated (dried, maybe raw) liver for their adrenals/thyroid (can't remember which), also, i remember cow heart apparently contains the most CoQ10 which is supposed to be very good and i just found this when checking:

http://blog.grasslandbeef.com/bid/89550/CoQ10-Supplements-Eat-Your-Heart-Out said:
(be aware they are promoting grass fed food but the data is useful - also see the Dr Weston Price link further down]
Eat Your Heart Out: Introducing the SUPERIOR Source of CoQ10

CoQ10 was first identified in the mitochondria (the tiny powerhouse of each cell) of beef heart in 1957.

Why the heart?

Because CoQ10 is most abundant in the organs with the highest rates of cellular metabolism –first and foremost – the heart. In fact, CoQ10 levels in the heart are roughly THREE times that found in the liver and FOUR times higher than levels found in muscle meats.

Take a look at the foods that contain the greatest CoQ10 levels per gram:
Food CoQ10 (mcg/g)
Beef Heart 113
Sardines 64
Mackerel 43
Beef Liver 39
Beef 31-37
Pork 24-41
Pork Liver 23
Chicken 14-21
Tuna 16
Lard 10
Butter 7
Eggs 1-4

There are small levels of CoQ10 in certain fruits and vegetables. For example, spinach and broccoli contain about 10 micrograms per gram. But most plant foods have only about 1 microgram per gram – not nearly enough to provide the benefits you need.

As you can see, animal foods clearly top the list. And it is the organs – namely the heart – that contain the most of all. According Dr. Al Sears, M.D. and author of The Doctor’s Heart Cure, the organs of wild, grass-fed animals have up to ten times more CoQ10 than the organs of grain-fed animals. He says:

"Unless you regularly consume wild game or eat internal organs of grass-fed animals, it is difficult to maintain good blood levels of CoQ10 from dietary sources alone."

So, how much beef heart would you need to consume to get the upper limit of CoQ10 recommended by Dr. Whitaker for those with heart trouble?

I’ll save you the calculations. You would need to eat about 1.8 ounces of beef heart to consume 600 mg of CoQ10 daily. On the other hand, you would need to eat only one third of an ounce daily to consume the amount he recommends for “most people.”
Your Recipe for Bountiful Energy, Cellular Health and Longevity

As a muscle, beef heart is the mildest member of the offal family. In fact, it tastes a lot like steak or brisket. And while you can certainly grill or sauté it, or grind it into any recipe that calls for ground meat, a good amount of CoQ10 will be lost during cooking.

In fact, studies show that CoQ10 begins to degrade around 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit) and nutrient loss will vary with the cooking method.

A great way to preserve the nutritional benefits and maximize those precious grams of CoQ10 is to enjoy beef heart as the Europeans have for centuries: tartare. ;D

And a link to Weston Price discussing its role etc..
http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-diseases/coenzyme-q10-for-healthy-hearts/

I've been following your thread and actually just came on to wish you all the best loreta :hug2:

Hi Loreta, good to hear that you are feeling better. No doubt a scary experience when it happens first time.

Take care :hug2:

PS: And thanks to Itellsya for the story about 'like treats like' and CoQ10 in bovine hearts. Time to eat more offal.

itellsya said:
You could ask the butcher to do a split of minced meat and heart (plus fat) in sausage casings. Their are a few delicacies like Haggis and Faggots/Savory Ducks here in the UK and they are super tasty. I would never have imagined i would enjoy the taste but mixed with flesh it gives it a real depth of flavour.

I remember a discussion on the health and wellness show regarding the 'like for like' which i found interesting:

That is a very good point. It reminds me of "Deep Nutrition" by Dr. Catherine Shanahan. She was explaining how people waste so much money in longevity supplements that seek to strengthen joints and they never get absorbed properly or in the right amounts. If you want to strengthen your joints, you eat joints. If you have brain problems you eat brains and so forth. Pretty much the "like for like" which apparently was common knowledge among certain people in the past. Brains have a gross consistency but they taste alright, I guess a good alternative could be fish head soup :)

Shanahan gives an example of a 18 or 19th century cook book which had lots of recipes for organs which were highly regarded in the not to distant past. Now it is difficult to find any recipe at all for organs, except perhaps for liver paté.

CoQ10 is really an amazing nutrient. People with low CoQ10 levels not only have more heart disease, but also more mood problems, dementia risk and aging in general. It is no wonder why statins, which block CoQ10, are so evil!

Oxajil said:
Thinkingfingers said:

I can find easily fresh pigs liver in local butcher shop. I slice it in a thin pieces, fry them in a pork fat, and after that add a lot of chopped garlic and parsley on top of it. A also add some extra pieces of butter on the top.Its very delicious and nutritious.

Hello Loreta,

Yes, he's still at hospital, but better and in security as you said.

I'm glad you are better and continue to take car of you with all the good advices you received.

Gaby said:
itellsya said:

That is a very good point. It reminds me of "Deep Nutrition" by Dr. Catherine Shanahan. She was explaining how people waste so much money in longevity supplements that seek to strengthen joints and they never get absorbed properly or in the right amounts. If you want to strengthen your joints, you eat joints. If you have brain problems you eat brains and so forth. Pretty much the "like for like" which apparently was common knowledge among certain people in the past. Brains have a gross consistency but they taste alright, I guess a good alternative could be fish head soup :)

Shanahan gives an example of a 18 or 19th century cook book which had lots of recipes for organs which were highly regarded in the not to distant past. Now it is difficult to find any recipe at all for organs, except perhaps for liver paté.

CoQ10 is really an amazing nutrient. People with low CoQ10 levels not only have more heart disease, but also more mood problems, dementia risk and aging in general. It is no wonder why statins, which block CoQ10, are so evil!

Where i live, not in a very distant past , lets say 40-50 years ago people have a tradition to buy meat at local villages. Not a pound or two but a whole animal, grass feed. fresh, because its slaughtered the same day.
The important thing , almost like an ritual was to prepare the internal organs the same day, while they are still not frozen. A majority of people were doing that back then , i remember that since i was a little kid. And i remember how tasty it was. Then the fear propaganda of fat came and people start avoiding it. People were more healthy. Today everybody buy lean meat in supermarkets and if you are 50 years old and if you dont have a cancer or a heart problems , then you can say that you are super lucky. :(

Konstantin said:
Oxajil said:
Thinkingfingers said:

I can find easily fresh pigs liver in local butcher shop. I slice it in a thin pieces, fry them in a pork fat, and after that add a lot of chopped garlic and parsley on top of it. A also add some extra pieces of butter on the top.Its very delicious and nutritious.

I usually go for beef liver when I buy liver. It has the least iron, followed by chicken or duck liver, and the most being pork liver. I recently tried baking it in a pan, which worked out quite well. I think it was about 350 F cooked for 30-40 minutes. It wasn't over or under-cooked.

Glad you're ok loreta. Take care. :)

Back
Top Bottom