Food Allergy Blood Tests and results

Here is an overview of delayed allergies for those who are wondering about it:

Why Milk Is So Evil
http://www.sott.net/article/225467-Why-Milk-Is-So-Evil

Casein Sensitivity

The protein casein in dairy products creates serious problems just like the protein gluten in some grains like wheat. They can trigger an autoimmune response and/or mimic endorphins to cause changes in perception, mood, and behavior. The mechanism involved has to do with a failure of a particular enzyme which disassembles the gluten and casein protein, a digestive process necessary for our bodies to extract the nutrients from these proteins. Because of the failure of this enzyme to do its job, a remaining undigested fragment of those proteins survive, and to our defense/immune system this fragment resembles a virus. Then, thinking that it is a virus, our bodies will trigger an immune/defense response to protect our bodies from the 'invader'. Because this gluten or casein fragment is so similar to various disease-causing viruses, it will generate a complex reaction, an autoimmune response which is suspected to play a role in type I diabetes, multiple sclerosis and autism. Complex immune responses damage different tissues in different people, so the range of diseases is very diverse. Also, the undigested gluten or casein fragments look like opium-like drugs which can have a significant influence on our behavior and brains. They are literally drugs - and that is why people are so hooked on dairy and gluten!

In Detoxification and Healing, Sydney MacDonald Baker,M.D. explains this as follows (keep in mind that the following applies to casein in milk):

An average person and most doctors simply cannot believe that difficulty with the digestion and biochemical or immunological processing of the gluten found in these grains can cause substantial mischief.

Gluten intolerance affects approximately one out of a hundred people; if you look among sick people instead of in the general population, you will find a much higher incidence. If you have problems of just about any combination of symptoms you can name or even if you have been diagnosed with a disease and remain symptomatic, a brief avoidance of gluten in your diet will cover this base.

Gluten sensitivity is the protein in cereal grains such as wheat, rye, and barley. Sensitivity is not the same as an ordinary allergy.

Most sensitivity to foods involves delayed reactions and has to do with IgG antibodies. It is very easy to identify food allergies if you get an immediate reaction to them, for example if you get a rash after eating some strawberries. But it is very tricky to pin down a delayed food allergy because there is no clear-cut cause and effect. You may experience symptoms after two hours, but frequently they don't show up until one day to three days after you eat the food in question. Further complicating matters, the symptoms wax and wane. You may eat gluten with impunity one day but get diarrhea from it the next three times you indulge. Or your symptoms may be cumulative, occurring only after you've eaten gluten a number of times or when you eat a particular combination of foods you're sensitive to.

Delayed food allergies can cause just about any symptom, and chronic illness often involves a state of inappropriate immune vigilance in which food allergy gets involved even if it is no the cause of the problem. For some reason, your defense immune system can get stuck in a high vigilance alert and response, leading to chronic inflammatory symptoms that persist and even worsen long after the initial trigger has gone. When this happens, your immune system may develop an oddly aggressive attitude toward a variety of antigens or foreign substances in your body, including many found in the foods you eat.

Wheat and other gluten-containing foods and milk products may test positive on IgG food allergy testing but that, in you, produce effects that are not really allergic but are mediated by mechanisms that take weeks or months for alleviation after avoiding the foods.

Autistic children often improve enough on a gluten-free [and a dairy free diet, it is well documented] diet at to make it worth continuing. The diet avoids wheat, rye, barley, and all products containing even traces of the protein (gluten) found in these grains. Oats are still a matter of controversy; some studies show no negative effect in gluten-sensitive individuals, but other individuals report reactions to them. The majority of psychologists, physicians, teachers, neighbors, and parents reject the idea that anything as completely innocent as bread or spaghetti could make your lose your mind. More practitioners every day prescribe a gluten free diet for individuals with diseases such as schizophrenia and autism as top treatment instead of it being it a last resort. If you have any chronic symptom and you have not tried eliminating gluten from your diet for somewhere between three weeks and three months to see what different it may make.

Doctors are conditioned to think that each disease has a separate cause, and each produces a separate disease, so it is no surprise that they will find it difficult to believe that sensitivity to the protein wheat, rye, barley, and maybe, oats could produce such a diverse list of conditions such as headaches, fatigue, malaise, depression, any sort of chronic digestive problem including difficulty gaining weight, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel, undigested food in stools, Sjögren's syndrome (dry eyes), epilepsy associated with brain calcification, history of migraine headaches, or digestive problems; osteoporosis, infertility, complications of pregnancy such as miscarriage, low-birth-weight infants, intestinal lymphoma, esophageal cancer, diabetes, thyroid problems, schizophrenia, autism, dermatitis herpetiformis (a chronic skin condition with tiny blisters that resemble those of herpes virus infections).

There is substantial evidence of a causative association between gluten intolerance and these problems. And the list grows as case reports of dramatic cures produced by a gluten-free diet attract the attention of researchers.

There are blood tests and urine tests that may predict whether you will feel better by eliminating gluten from your diet, but no blood or urine test is completely decisive. Response to a change in diet will be decisive for you.

The original peoples of Northern Europe, who like the peoples of the Americas, Africa, and the Far East, had not adapted to the consumption of wheat because they were hunter-gatherers or because they practiced agriculture based on corn, millet, or rice, as well as tubers. [...]

In order to understand gluten sensitivity, we must understand digestion of protein. A protein is an assembly of amino acids. Amino acids joined together are called peptides and when we have 100 or so amino acids joined together, we have a small protein. Most proteins have hundreds or thousands of amino acids, and they are folded into shapes that are kept permanent by bridges, usually made of sulfur. The strength of this assembly is quite strong, and so our digestive tracts are trusted with the task of disassembling the thousands of amino acids from our foods right down to individual amino acids, which then pass int our bloodstream to be then reassembled int our own very proteins. To be more precise, our digestive tracts uses stomach acids, and alkali juices from our intestines, combined with the digestive enzymes to do this job. Specific enzymes disassemble the proteins into peptides. Gluten intolerance has to do with a failure of a particular enzyme, a peptidase called DPP4.

When the same enzyme is sticking out of a lymphocyte, a cell of our immune/defense system and apparently doing a different job within the body, it is called CD26. Because of the failure or insufficiency of DPP4, an undigested fragment of protein, or peptide, survives and it appears to cause mischief in at least two ways. First, this undigested peptide, looks familiar to the immune/defense system, in other words, it produces a mimicry which is based on digestive weakness among the descendants of peoples who have not been eating wheat long enough to adapt. This will cause symptoms caused by the triggering of an immune response against a suspicious-looking peptide which will resemble a virus to our defense/immune system. Because the gluten-derived peptide is similar to various disease-causing virus, it generates a complex defensive response on the part of the immune system, which does not then find a virus to kill. The next step is damage to tissues by the antibodies aimed at the peptide. This triangle of viral stimulus, immune response, and autoimmune damage is suspected to be a common theme in various illnesses, such as type I diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and autism. The immune response damages different tissues in different people.

The second way that undigested peptides from gluten cause trouble is by entering the bloodstream. Peptides released from gluten when there is a failure of DPP4 possess another kind of mimicry apart from their resemblance to peptides from viruses. These peptides look like opium and the family of drugs derived from opium: heroin, morphine, codeine, and other semisynthetic derivatives. This understanding is based on the finding of opioid peptides in the urine of individuals with autism and schizophrenia, also from the dramatic withdrawal symptoms that occur in some individuals when they come off gluten. The malaise and irritability strongly resemble a mild version of the kinds of symptoms seen in heroin withdrawal.

Most individuals with gluten-related symptoms will begin to experience relief a few days after excluding all gluten. It may take up between 3 weeks and 3 months.

Many doctors define the problem in terms of the lab test, the lab tests are meant to indicate celiac disease, which does not necessarily have a one-to-one correlation with all of the other problems associated with gluten sensitivity. Celiac disease is just one type of a broader spectrum of gluten sensitivity. [...]

Everything that we had learned about gluten applies to casein, one of the main proteins in milk, the lack of DPP4, thus the peptides pass into the blood where they do harm because the evoke an autoimmune response and/or mimic endorphins to cause changes in perception, mood, and behavior.; but it is to say that milk can cause you problems in other ways as well. [...]

I think it is worth posting the list of classic foods to avoid if you have an autoimmune condition. If we have sensitivities to foods and are displaying antibodies to those foods, then it could be said that we all have an autoimmune condition, however mild or severe.

This tends to cover the most reactive foods posted in these lists so far and is a good place to start.

From http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity/the-autoimmune-protocol

[quote author=The Paleo Mom]The first dietary recommendation for those with autoimmune disease is to adhere to a strict paleo diet with no cheating. To be clear, this means: no grains, no legumes, no dairy, no refined sugars, no modern vegetable oils, no processed food chemicals. While other people may be able to enjoy the occasional bowl of rice or corn chips or even ice cream, if you suffer from an autoimmune condition you are not one of these people. Gluten should be banned for life. Grains and legumes should never be consumed. Dairy of any kind (even grass-fed ghee which can still have trace lactose and dairy proteins!) should be avoided initially. This may be true for the rest of your life but some people may be able to reintroduce many foods after their diseases are in remission.

In addition, if you have an autoimmune condition, you should completely avoid:

Eggs (especially the whites)
Nuts
Seeds (including cocoa, coffee and seed-based spices) [Also vanilla]
Nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, sweet and hot peppers, cayenne, red pepper, tomatillos, goji berries etc. and spices derived from peppers, including paprika)
Potential Gluten Cross-Reactive Foods
Fructose consumption in excess of 20g per day
Alcohol
NSAIDS (like aspirin or ibuprofen)
Non-nutritive sweeteners (yes, all of them, even stevia)
Emulsifiers, thickeners, and other food additives
[/quote]

Maybe after trying that very strictly for a while, and seeing no results, then blood tests should be considered. Some stuff from Laura's list, we never would have suspected, like ginger, mussels, garlic, red cabbage etc. Jeeze!

Carl said:
From http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity/the-autoimmune-protocol

[quote author=The Paleo Mom]... Dairy of any kind (even grass-fed ghee which can still have trace lactose and dairy proteins!) should be avoided initially. This may be true for the rest of your life but some people may be able to reintroduce many foods after their diseases are in remission.

[/quote]
This raises an important question for those with a milk allergy - what to eat as a source of fat, in the absence of (cows milk) butter? Perhaps the unused lard that was destined for fatbombs? :)

Because, if even Ghee may still contain traces of lactose and daily proteins, it may not be easy to source goat's milk, etc., in sufficient quantity to that which we were used to with milk butter.

For the sake of scientific curiosity, I wonder if there is a correlation between blood type and food sensitivities for those who took the test? For the record, my blood type is A+.

Windmill knight said:
For the sake of scientific curiosity, I wonder if there is a correlation between blood type and food sensitivities for those who took the test? For the record, my blood type is A+.

Not at all, in my case. I am B- and the B blood type people are supposed to be the ones who are able to eat all dairy because they are good for them. This blood test says otherwise.

Alana said:
Windmill knight said:

Not at all, in my case. I am B- and the B blood type people are supposed to be the ones who are able to eat all dairy because they are good for them. This blood test says otherwise.

Well, I didn't mean a correlation to already established guidelines of what diet is supposed to be for blood types, but finding our own correlations. :grad:

Windmill knight said:
Alana said:
Windmill knight said:

Well, I didn't mean a correlation to already established guidelines of what diet is supposed to be for blood types, but finding our own correlations. :grad:

Now I see! Ok, that will be interesting!

Hmm. Another very challenging puzzle. If the sample size grows with other forum members adding to the data, it would certainly be interesting if there's any correlation to blood type including Rh neg or pos, because as far as I know none of the claims about blood type diets take into consideration the negative and positive just the main types.

A question about what honey mix is. Is it wild honey, i.e. bees collecting nectar from many different flowers - which is supposed to be so healthy - or is it something else?

That means that Fat Bombs are OFF THE TABLE.

FWIW, I make "lazy fat bombs" in the summer with just butter, coconut oil, stevia and some flavor (it can be pure cocoa powder, some pureed strawberries, vanilla extract, grated coconut, etc) that taste prettu much like solid ice cream. You can ditch the butter and use just the coconut oil, the butter makes it creamier. Maybe you can replace some with coconut milk?
I melt the fats, add whatever I want to use for flavor, blend it all together and place it in a tray into the freezer. Once it's hardened I cut bite size portions and move it to a freezer container.

Chu said:
Pashalis said:
So does that mean that with this IgG test, you haven't even touched the real bad immidiate allergies??? Or in other words, do you need the other test "real immidiate reactions" test too find out the the other bad ones?

What for? Unless you have a chronic and serious problem, and the culprit may be really hidden as in some chemical in your house or something you cannot determine, I don't see any point in testing for allergies (immediate reactions). You just KNOW! You eat gluten and get a rash shortly after? You go outside during the Spring and start sneezing from the pollen? You eat a strawberry and you mouth gets swollen? Etc. A person would have to have completely lost touch with their bodies not to be able to tell those apart. But maybe I misunderstood your questions?

No you understood right. I was just wondering if it is possible that you can have an allergy (immediate reaction) that you are not aware of, since the signs might not be as obvious as with normal immidiate allergies and if the IgG is checking those hard core allergies as well.

For example you were never bitten by a bee, but you are allergic towards it. Since you were never bitten, you don't know it. Would an IgG test show something like that for example?

In the case of garlic for example - I would assume the benefits of consuming it particularly for someone with Candida problems outweigh the possible sensitivity?

A lot of this depends on personal make-up I would assume as well which means everybody should take the test basically. In reality this is still an ongoing experiment and it would be great if all the members who can take the test so we have a large sample which can then lead us to general conclusions.

Pashalis said:
For example you were never bitten by a bee, but you are allergic towards it. Since you were never bitten, you don't know it. Would an IgG test show something like that for example?

For that you get a standard prick test or IgE test for immediate allergies.

Domagoj said:
In the case of garlic for example - I would assume the benefits of consuming it particularly for someone with Candida problems outweigh the possible sensitivity?

A lot of this depends on personal make-up I would assume as well which means everybody should take the test basically. In reality this is still an ongoing experiment and it would be great if all the members who can take the test so we have a large sample which can then lead us to general conclusions.

The way food intolerances are tested is through the elimination diet:

Ultra Simple Diet
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13241.0.html

Notice it was back in 2009, so the diet could be modified in order to contain the least possible culprits. For example, like the diet explained in this article:

Why isn't my brain working
http://www.sott.net/article/267780-Why-isnt-my-brain-working

It would be reasonable to do the tests if you can't pin down your food intolerances after an elimination diet. Also, if there are suspicions that you might be reacting to something "innocuous".

I always had strong reactions to onions and garlic. After the autoimmune protocol, they subsided. I'm going to find out when I do these tests if that is really true ;)

My gosh I am totally shocked by these findings. What can we eat? It certainly gives another meaning to going through the labyrinth that Laura mentioned in her books. I think the only test I would trust is asking the C's what they recommend what little is left to eat. After all we are an experiment, perhaps this 'experiment' is meant to be on a certain diet we have no idea about.

On the last session, when they mentioned plant-based consciousness making foolish experiments it sure made me think and stop in my tracks!

How much 'time' have we got left to get into the 'best shape' possible? I was hoping I could survive on something like pork and fat bombs - keeping things uncomplicated! It seems individuals are so different, as all previous research discovered - we are a total pot pourri of people. There is no 'one size fits all' about diet it seems.

Ultimately our 'mind', mental functioning, spiritual connection, and energy levels must be paramount. Our 'health' in general. I am wondering whether there is some 4D pranks at play in all the research that has been so religiously been done and applied - yet of all the research undertaken, our essential health is the most evasive one to be able to come to any conclusive answers. They seem to be throwing confusion all over the place! Our health/diet threads are the most prolific and longest ones to study - and for obvious reasons, So many here suffer from horrendous reactions and pain all their lives due to sensitivities of living and surviving here on our planet.

I count myself very lucky that I don't have that awful challenge to bear, however, that doesn't mean there is not a trillion internal problems going on inside of me of which I am not aware of. Most things are silent killers!

In my ignorance, it seems to me that there probably is not even a test currently available in our world that will sort this problem. Hopefully if there is the C's can let us know, as this is kinda vital. Failing that then we my need from them a list (albeit most probably a very small list now) of what we CAN consume safely. What is generally viable and health-giving for all! It must exist on the planet somewhere or why would we have been seeded here? (I do take into consideration how food is no longer food here). But with things getting dramatic soon, and everything hotting up a notch or two, to say the least, they are most probably wondering why we never asked direct before?

I know it i down to u to work things out, but those tests just seem yet another major set-back eg egg yokes - which is so central to what keto was about! So all the experts of keto have also got it seriously mixed up despite everyone's valiant efforts. What a world, when it is nigh on impossible now to be healthy - so ponerized.

Confused. Survival blue print needed! At least I have some turkey in the freezer and animal fat! :rolleyes: :O :shock: :cool2:

happyliza said:
My gosh I am totally shocked by these findings. What can we eat? It certainly gives another meaning to going through the labyrinth that Laura mentioned in her books. I think the only test I would trust is asking the C's what they recommend what little is left to eat. After all we are an experiment, perhaps this 'experiment' is meant to be on a certain diet we have no idea about.

Better to do the tests. Obviously, everyone is different and I don't have the energy for that kind of questioning for lots of people.

happyliza said:
Ultimately our 'mind', mental functioning, spiritual connection, and energy levels must be paramount. Our 'health' in general. I am wondering whether there is some 4D pranks at play in all the research that has been so religiously been done and applied - yet of all the research undertaken, our essential health is the most evasive one to be able to come to any conclusive answers. They seem to be throwing confusion all over the place! Our health/diet threads are the most prolific and longest ones to study - and for obvious reasons, So many here suffer from horrendous reactions and pain all their lives due to sensitivities of living and surviving here on our planet.

Yes, and it reminds us of the idea of the Wanderers - those who "came back to help" but got side-swiped by the mismatch of frequencies.

Back
Top Bottom